What's the worst game you ever bought, against all reviews/advice/sense?

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

moognus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 moognus
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Come on, own up.
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts
Oblivion
col_hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 col_hannibal
Member since 2007 • 389 Posts
Bioshock, Oblivion and GRID.
Xavier_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xavier_12
Member since 2005 • 824 Posts
Age of Conan...Not a horrible game but I'm not really an MMO type guy and I lost interest quick.
joeyp7711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#5 joeyp7711
Member since 2005 • 3903 Posts
Ratchet and Clank - everyone under-rated it, and I think it's the best game of my life. But there again, I'm not like you guys, and I don't actually play all the games that are hyped about, due to not liking big guns and angry men shouting in a battlefield :P
couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
Alone in the Dark. Can't believe I paid money for that joke of a game.
couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 couly
Bioshock, Oblivion and GRID.col_hannibal
er, three great games.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts
The Longest Journey, not a terrible game, but certainly nothing special.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Bioshock, Halo 3, and Devil May Cry 4.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

Oblivion. Technically though, it wasn't against the reviewers because I played this game before it even hit stores. So by the time I concluded the game sucked, the reviews weren't even out yet.

EDIT: Crap, I didn't do it right. :P

filmography

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 filmography
Member since 2004 • 3202 Posts
front lines fuel of war. The trailers made the game look so awesome but it in reality it was far from it.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

front lines fuel of war. The trailers made the game look so awesome but it in reality it was far from it. filmography

I remember when I bought games based on trailers. Back when I was 12. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

I bought Shogun Total War a while back because all the reviews were good.

That game has NOT aged well -.-'

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

Wait, I'm not sure that the TC means whether we're supposed to mention the worst games we bought despite everyone telling us that those games were crap, or whether we're supposed to mention the worst games we bought due to everyone telling us those games were awesome.

The game to fill the first criteria would be Daikatana. The game to fill the second criteria would be WarioWare: Smooth Moves (a Wii game).

sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sandeep410
Member since 2004 • 1180 Posts
Bio shock assasin creed both worthless piece of crap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts

I'd have to say any movie to game adaptation....

Transformers, Iron Man etc

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

Dogs of War. I did this on impulse and didn't consider reviews, and I really should have. The screenshots on the box made it look good. Also, Legacy of Kain 3 wasn't well received, but it was an okay game.

Heavy Metal FAKK 2, Oni and Rune came in a 5-in-1 package. Serious Sam and Myth 2 was the other 2 CDs, but they were good game. I'm also tempted to try SimSocieties since I really like SimCity.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

The Longest Journey, not a terrible game, but certainly nothing special.AFBrat77

Wow wow wee waa?!

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts
Nitro Family.
HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#21 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts
Halo, lol my friend dared me to buy it. One of the most boring and generic games I've ever played, luckily it was only 10 euros...
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
JTF
filmography

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 filmography
Member since 2004 • 3202 Posts

I remember when I bought games based on trailers. Back when I was 12. :P GodLovesDead

The ironic thing is I actually had a firm no buying policy until I see a review and the one time I decide to risk it I get burned :evil:

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts

Hellgate: London

I should have known bettter...I was even in the beta and knew it's issues...though I guess I fooled myself into thinking some things would be resolved at release (magic release version).

Not to say I didn't have fun...I did...though the game is so flawed in so many ways and has "rushed" and "half-***ed" written all over it.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]The Longest Journey, not a terrible game, but certainly nothing special.RK-Mara

Wow wow wee waa?!

yep, middle of the game was decent, but the rest was meh IMO. My pick for most dissapointing game, then again maybe traditional adventure games aren't my thing.

spierdalaj666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 spierdalaj666
Member since 2004 • 865 Posts

delta force (uhhhh)

bioshock (enough said)

europa universalis: rome (sadly, this game brings shame to the EU franchise, especially the fabulous EU3+mods)

pirates of the caribbean (rushed POS. if akella were allowed to continue development and make this game into seadogs 2, it would have been great)

Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lilgunney612
Member since 2005 • 1878 Posts
Two Worlds.
olly436

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 olly436
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts
Halo :3 was an Ok game but it was hyped way to much
Orrendamente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Orrendamente
Member since 2007 • 362 Posts

World of Warcraft

Crysis

commander1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 commander1122
Member since 2005 • 1165 Posts
half life series, oblivion, crysis , far cry , bioshock , unreal 3, STALKER, FAER, Nfs series, battlefield series, diablo 1 & 2 , starcraft, serious sam 1 & 2, hellgates : US , C&C series , C&C red alert series, dawn of war series, titan quset, call of duty series, quake series, hitman series , Pary, Starwars game, stronghold series, gothi series, Heroes of Might and Magic series, Clive Barker's Jericho, The sims series, medal of honor seris, doom series, supreme commander, the witcher, fable , timeshift, lost planet, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men , overlord, Area 51 , world in conflict, gear of war, Soldier of Fortune series, age of empire series, mass effect, silent hill series , alone in the dark series, turning point, Turok, Frontlines: Fuel of War, Brothers In Arms 1 & 2 , black and white 1& 2, painkiller series, Assassin's Creed, Avp series, Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends , Civilization series, neverwinter night 1 & 2, dungeon siege 1 & 2, max payne 1 & 2..........the worst i ever buyed....T_T
Scatsofrango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31 Scatsofrango
Member since 2004 • 555 Posts
Iron Man, it sucks!!!
eclarkdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#32 eclarkdog
Member since 2004 • 1310 Posts

The Longest Journey, not a terrible game, but certainly nothing special.AFBrat77

TLJ is a great game and top of the genre, but to each their own. I have to say that a majority of people would disagree with you, at least those that played the game and enjoy the genre

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

half life series, oblivion, crysis , far cry , bioshock , unreal 3, STALKER, FAER, Nfs series, battlefield series, diablo 1 & 2 , starcraft, serious sam 1 & 2, hellgates : US , C&C series , C&C red alert series, dawn of war series, titan quset, call of duty series, quake series, hitman series , Pary, Starwars game, stronghold series, gothi series, Heroes of Might and Magic series, Clive Barker's Jericho, The sims series, medal of honor seris, doom series, supreme commander, the witcher, fable , timeshift, lost planet, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men , overlord, Area 51 , world in conflict, gear of war, Soldier of Fortune series, age of empire series, mass effect, silent hill series , alone in the dark series, turning point, Turok, Frontlines: Fuel of War, Brothers In Arms 1 & 2 , black and white 1& 2, painkiller series, Assassin's Creed, Avp series, Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends , Civilization series, neverwinter night 1 & 2, dungeon siege 1 & 2, max payne 1 & 2..........the worst i ever buyed....T_Tcommander1122

No, no, no continue I'm sure we'll be impressed by the games you have :roll: FYI some of us have more than 300 games in their collection, so if you want to impress you'd have to do better. No way in hell those games are as bad as "you" say, there certainly is one or even more that you like. From what i see you're just trying to show off :| and I bet some of them are even pirated, because no way would someone get them out of inexistent hype or even because of friends.

Anyway, Crysis for me, because I don't usually buy bad games (only from the series that I like. If one wouldn't be soo good I would still buy it).
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

[QUOTE="commander1122"]half life series, oblivion, crysis , far cry , bioshock , unreal 3, STALKER, FAER, Nfs series, battlefield series, diablo 1 & 2 , starcraft, serious sam 1 & 2, hellgates : US , C&C series , C&C red alert series, dawn of war series, titan quset, call of duty series, quake series, hitman series , Pary, Starwars game, stronghold series, gothi series, Heroes of Might and Magic series, Clive Barker's Jericho, The sims series, medal of honor seris, doom series, supreme commander, the witcher, fable , timeshift, lost planet, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men , overlord, Area 51 , world in conflict, gear of war, Soldier of Fortune series, age of empire series, mass effect, silent hill series , alone in the dark series, turning point, Turok, Frontlines: Fuel of War, Brothers In Arms 1 & 2 , black and white 1& 2, painkiller series, Assassin's Creed, Avp series, Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends , Civilization series, neverwinter night 1 & 2, dungeon siege 1 & 2, max payne 1 & 2..........the worst i ever buyed....T_TDanielDust

No, no, no continue I'm sure we'll be impressed by the games you have :roll: FYI some of us have more than 300 games in their collection, so if you want to impress you'd have to do better. No way in hell those games are as bad as "you" say, there certainly is one or even more that you like. From what i see you're just trying to show off :| and I bet some of them are even pirated, because no way would someone get them out of inexistent hype or even because of friends.

Anyway, Crysis for me, because I don't usually buy bad games (only from the series that I like. If one wouldn't be soo good I would still buy it).

Heh. Crysis was also mentioned in his text wall of game names, but he/she gave it a 9.5 if you check the profile.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DanielDust
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="commander1122"]half life series, oblivion, crysis , far cry , bioshock , unreal 3, STALKER, FAER, Nfs series, battlefield series, diablo 1 & 2 , starcraft, serious sam 1 & 2, hellgates : US , C&C series , C&C red alert series, dawn of war series, titan quset, call of duty series, quake series, hitman series , Pary, Starwars game, stronghold series, gothi series, Heroes of Might and Magic series, Clive Barker's Jericho, The sims series, medal of honor seris, doom series, supreme commander, the witcher, fable , timeshift, lost planet, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men , overlord, Area 51 , world in conflict, gear of war, Soldier of Fortune series, age of empire series, mass effect, silent hill series , alone in the dark series, turning point, Turok, Frontlines: Fuel of War, Brothers In Arms 1 & 2 , black and white 1& 2, painkiller series, Assassin's Creed, Avp series, Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends , Civilization series, neverwinter night 1 & 2, dungeon siege 1 & 2, max payne 1 & 2..........the worst i ever buyed....T_Tflipin_jackass

Heh. Crysis was also mentioned in his text wall of game names, but he/she gave it a 9.5 if you check the profile.

I checked too, now I know he was showing off, he says HL series, tho he rates HL 2 with 10 XD, not even die hard fans would rate it 10 and say it sucks.

Jamex1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jamex1987
Member since 2008 • 2187 Posts
Crysis. It was a buggy overhyped mess of a game.
spierdalaj666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 spierdalaj666
Member since 2004 • 865 Posts

Crysis. It was a buggy overhyped mess of a game. Jamex1987

Frankly i disagree. Whether you liked the game or not and whether your rig could handle it well or not is a different issue, but i do not think that it was a buggy game. I played through the game and hadn't encountered a single bug that i can recall, which is impressive if you ask me.

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dnuggs40
[QUOTE="flipin_jackass"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="commander1122"]half life series, oblivion, crysis , far cry , bioshock , unreal 3, STALKER, FAER, Nfs series, battlefield series, diablo 1 & 2 , starcraft, serious sam 1 & 2, hellgates : US , C&C series , C&C red alert series, dawn of war series, titan quset, call of duty series, quake series, hitman series , Pary, Starwars game, stronghold series, gothi series, Heroes of Might and Magic series, Clive Barker's Jericho, The sims series, medal of honor seris, doom series, supreme commander, the witcher, fable , timeshift, lost planet, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men , overlord, Area 51 , world in conflict, gear of war, Soldier of Fortune series, age of empire series, mass effect, silent hill series , alone in the dark series, turning point, Turok, Frontlines: Fuel of War, Brothers In Arms 1 & 2 , black and white 1& 2, painkiller series, Assassin's Creed, Avp series, Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends , Civilization series, neverwinter night 1 & 2, dungeon siege 1 & 2, max payne 1 & 2..........the worst i ever buyed....T_TDanielDust

I checked too, now I know he was showing off, he says HL series, tho he rates HL 2 with 10 XD, not even die hard fans would rate it 10 and say it sucks.

Could be wrong, but I think he was being sarcastic and making a point about the nature of this thread...

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DanielDust

Could be wrong, but I think he was being sarcastic and making a point about the nature of this thread...

dnuggs40

Yes, but there was more than sarcasm there ;).

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dnuggs40
[QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

DanielDust

Yes, but there was more than sarcasm there ;).

Like what?

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 couly
Are people saying Bioshock was bad ? it's one of my favourite games.
Kentisc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kentisc
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
Overlord.
modai119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 modai119
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts
Age of Conan, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings, every MMO except World of Warcraft (NOT TBC, that I regret a lot also) EvE Online, and SWG before their first xpack came out.
Beaglesniffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Beaglesniffer
Member since 2006 • 707 Posts
front lines fuel of war. The trailers made the game look so awesome but it in reality it was far from it. filmography
ye i thought that but i played the demo first :) on 360 too many jaggies and draw distance was poor
Beaglesniffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Beaglesniffer
Member since 2006 • 707 Posts
this isnt PC but i bought OVER G fighters which wasnt too bad but it was a choice between that and oblivion i played it for 2 minutes and took it back for oblivion :P i wasnt into games much back then so i didnt see reviews of oblivion
Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts
I haven't bought a bad PC game in my life. I started my gaming career at age around 7 buying Half Life (and Blue Shift, Opposing Force, Counter Strike and all the rest of it). Then I moved to Operation Flashpoint, after which I just went to Diablo. And it kind of went like that. The worst I bought is probably Halo: CE. Not because it's an awful game, I did like it at the time, but it's just not on par with the other titles I bought.
MEOWWW123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MEOWWW123
Member since 2008 • 870 Posts

I'd have to say any movie to game adaptation....

Transformers, Iron Man etc

very true

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 yonyz
Member since 2008 • 651 Posts

XIII.

Just gave it another try yesterday, but this game sucks.

fethehl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fethehl
Member since 2008 • 223 Posts
Crysis. It was a buggy overhyped mess of a game. Jamex1987
How was it a mess and how was it buggy? You realize you getting low fps isn't a bug right? Just cause your system can't run it or has issues, doesn't mean Crysis was buggy or a mess. I don't think I've even heard of bugs in crysis. I had no crashes, bugs, anything either.
t3h_sauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 t3h_sauce
Member since 2006 • 68 Posts

XIII.

Just gave it another try yesterday, but this game sucks.

yonyz

Yeah, I remember being stoked for this game to come out, but being horribly horribly disappointed.