What was your biggest PC game disappointment for 2012?

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
D3.. I had my doubts the moment I saw the skill and rune system.. Where my main worry was this.. That there would be barbarians in D3 wearing the IK set.. There would not be IK BARBS like there were in Diablo 2.. Meaning that item and skill builds aren't wholely unique and gear became a linear progression of one begin better then the next.. Instead of leading to a plateau which opened up numerous options in there never really being one option or choice.. But many.
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts
Probably Far Cry 3... Was abit disappointing for me.
SharkheadHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SharkheadHD
Member since 2012 • 227 Posts

Afterfall, it wouldn't even run after I installed it : (

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

I have to laugh at the people trying to use the number of subs as evidence that WoW is a good game. A sh!t ton of people buy every new Call of Duty game, but those are neither innovative nor particularly good. They simply buy and play them because they are popular. It doesn't prove that the games are good. It does more to prove that people are stupid.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 hartsickdiscipl

Probably Far Cry 3... Was abit disappointing for me.hrt_rulz01

WHAT?!! One of the top 10 games I've ever played! I just finished it tonight.

creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 creaturemagic
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Oh noez, someone does not like the game from the grorious game dev. Quick someone call the "special forces" of the fanboy platoon. Oh wait, they are (or rather he is) already here.

And no the ad populum arguement does nto work either, sure WoW does well at what it does. But WoW is subjective and clearly the shallow carrot on a stick progression and the "guitar hero/simon says" PvE clearly doesnt appeal to him.

BSC14

Are you saying that I'm a Blizzard fanboy? lol....I started a topic the other day saying that TL2 was better than D3. I hate starcraft and I don't even play WoW though I think it's a great game. So fanboy....sure if that makes you feel better.

Again with crap games out there like Tera how can anyone say that WoW is the worst mmo ever? Sure some might not like it but it has done really well for a reason.

It's funny that when someone says World of Warcraft is terrible and the worst MMO they've played, you get all defensive and argumentative and start telling the user that he/she surely cannot have that opinion because you and 9 million other casual gamers love it. But you will happily call another MMO crap as if your opinion is above everyone elses. If you like WoW, fine. If you hate Tera, fine. But don't go around telling other people their opinion is wrong only to offer your opinion up as if its gospel.
BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Oh noez, someone does not like the game from the grorious game dev. Quick someone call the "special forces" of the fanboy platoon. Oh wait, they are (or rather he is) already here.

And no the ad populum arguement does nto work either, sure WoW does well at what it does. But WoW is subjective and clearly the shallow carrot on a stick progression and the "guitar hero/simon says" PvE clearly doesnt appeal to him.

creaturemagic

Are you saying that I'm a Blizzard fanboy? lol....I started a topic the other day saying that TL2 was better than D3. I hate starcraft and I don't even play WoW though I think it's a great game. So fanboy....sure if that makes you feel better.

Again with crap games out there like Tera how can anyone say that WoW is the worst mmo ever? Sure some might not like it but it has done really well for a reason.

It's funny that when someone says World of Warcraft is terrible and the worst MMO they've played, you get all defensive and argumentative and start telling the user that he/she surely cannot have that opinion because you and 9 million other casual gamers love it. But you will happily call another MMO crap as if your opinion is above everyone elses. If you like WoW, fine. If you hate Tera, fine. But don't go around telling other people their opinion is wrong only to offer your opinion up as if its gospel.

Uh...nope sorry. Go back and look at what I said in different post on this topic. If someone said "I think WoW sucks" then I would say ok. But calling WoW the "worst mmo ever" is ignorant imo when it's BY FAR the most successful one out there, has by far the most players and has had other devs try time and time again to copy them with little to no luck. I'm not saying someone can not dislike WoW, I'm saying that that it has proven more than any other it is not the "worst mmo ever"...and with so many MMOs on the market....and a lot of them fighting just to stay alive. Sorry....calling WoW the "worst mmo ever" is ignorant.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

D3. First and last blizzard game for me

wis3boi
That GIF in your sig is ******* awesome.
ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts
Diablo 3. What a waste of money. At least the art book and diablo skull was cool.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Max Payne 3. I bought a movie with video game sequences.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2385 Posts

There are still a lot of games I haven't played yet but of those I did it would have to be Dishonored. After reading the reviews I was expecting something amazing and instead it was just decent. I enjoyed it but after playing it through once I have no desire to play it again even if there are other ways to complete the missions. It wouldn't have been a disappointment if all the reviewers hadn't hyped it up so much, maybe they play so many crap games that they go overboard with praise when one doesn't suck.

I'm still playing Hitman Absolution and FarCry3 but neither is living up to the hype either. I'll probably not bother finishing either unless they get better further into the game.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

I have to laugh at the people trying to use the number of subs as evidence that WoW is a good game. A sh!t ton of people buy every new Call of Duty game, but those are neither innovative nor particularly good. They simply buy and play them because they are popular. It doesn't prove that the games are good. It does more to prove that people are stupid.

hartsickdiscipl

You'd have to be delusional to think people pay monthly for a game, for years, just to be cool, you're on to something, every hipster still thinks it's cool to hate on games they never played, because the internet army that never played the game either or it somehow killed their dog and assaulted their mothers think some things that are easy to pick by some simpleminded ignorants such as yourself. I can tell you one thing for sure even if I don't really play WoW anymore, WoW players generally couldn't care less about what other people think they know about WoW, about them or about playing other games in general.

What kind of pathetic person tries to make himself look pro and leet based on a game, people buy games to have fun which you clearly forgot a long time ago, might be way above your level of comprehension, but people still buy CoD because there's no game like it and to keep experiencing that and the best singleplayer campaigns in FPSs they pay for new "enhancements" (it still sets new records because MW 2 "okay 1 was awesome this should be too" and 3 "okay 2 was terrible, they made a mistake, this can't be" are absolute trash and BO 2 "had it with this, last chance, BO 1 was awesome, this better be too" and good being, it made more people want to buy it), just like others buy hundreds of DLCs for some game they might like instead of spending that money on some trash game than another person thinks it changed his life forever.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46479 Posts

Hitman Absolution.

Lured me in thinking this was a decent Hitman game but in the end a lot of its levels are about as linear as your average COD game. It also makes you think like the new mechanics (like that point shooting from SC: Conviction) are optional but they are forced upon you (like that point shooting, which was used to take out a bad guy. The game simply gave you no other choice but that).

Raxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 Raxzor
Member since 2003 • 5399 Posts

Diablo 3 without any doubt!

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#65 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Torchlight 2 (All this hype talk after D3 release and then something worse comes out, ppl are so delusional)

kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

Diablo 3 without any doubt!

Raxzor
This
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#67 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

hartsickdiscipl
I am not a fan of WoW but I have to disagree here. Obviously they must be doing something right to keep that many people paying a monthly fee for so long. Your opinion of game is not the end all be all of determining if it is good or not. The funny thing is the very next post you wrote criticized someone else for not liking Farcry 3, yet by your logic that one person saying it is a bad game means just that, it is a bad game.
yodude1026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 yodude1026
Member since 2011 • 184 Posts
probably assassins creed 3. Just really boring for me.
Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts
diablo3 for me. worst post-warcarft blizzard game. i'm not touching any blizzard game from now on until some kind of trial
couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#70 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
Dishonored. I can't understand its popularity.
Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#71 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

Diablo 3 is the far worse game by the hype level it created it didnt make even 10 % of hype wich was around here for time it was developed, 10 years of developing and we got some outdated graphic generic grinding bugged no DRM junk ?

Guild Wars 2 is second disappoint of 2012, i was biggest troll who hyped GW2 on this forum played it around 200 hours maybe 300 hours at max, but later i realised that is just a generic thing without any point of playing it ? Game completly erased RPG element from it self , i got more self confidiance into progress in DOTA 2 then in Guild Wars 2.

Dishonored very big lack of RPG system there too.

Rawtheory333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Rawtheory333
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

Guild Wars 2 was interesting for the first 3 days....Then it got boring as hell. Haven't played it since those 3 days after release. Most likely won't return.

Diablo 3 was fun for the first 60 lvls and then the auction house really kicks you in the teeth. D3 is the biggest gaming scam I've ever seen actually "work"... **** that game.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#73 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

Why last? You never played WoW?

DanielDust

I did and it was one of the worst mmos ive played

You contradict yourself with every clueless Blizzard post you make, you always express opinions on their games when in fact you never touched a single one of them.

Actually I have seen wiseboi playing Diablo3 a few times while I was on starcraft/D3/WOW in the past, Nice try though.

And I am a big Blizzard fan but WOW I dont like at all either. Have enjoyed all of BLizzards other games though.

Not everyoen has the same opinion as yours man, get over it. Wiseboi does NOT like BLizzard, so what? He has played Diablo3 and some of WOW, isn't that enough to make a personal opinion? I don't agree with his opinion about D3, but so what, difference of opinion. He has played some Blizzard games and didnt like them, what on earth is wrong with that? Sounds like an honest opinion to me (one i only agree half with, liking D3 and not likign WOW).

And before you go on a rant about me also not owning or playing any blizzard games or that im being a hater, I own all the WOW expansions besides Mists of Pandora and I own all there other games in the past (Warcraft1-3, Starcraft1,2,Diablo2/3,etc..). I just did not like WOW, I tried to get into it, even buying the expansion packs to try it with a bunch of friends, but it just was not for me.

dav2693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 dav2693
Member since 2010 • 423 Posts

Max Payne 3. Bad story, bad characters, uninteresting plot, setting. Such a different game from the classic prequels.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 kozzy1234

For me its Torchlight2 and Resident Evil6 (I actually had a little fun with RE4 and RE5 even though they are just action games and not like RE1-3, but RE6 is just terrible). As for Torchlight2, Im not sure why I dislike this game, other then not liking the art design and not having any FUN. It reminds me alot of Diablo2 which I loved, but I just get very bored playing this for some wierd reason. I was expecting to love it but I just get bored as hell and am not a fan of hte art design at all. Not a horrible game or as bad as RE6/WarZ of course, but still I was hoping for a bit more ENJOYABLE game (maybe i am just getting bored with Hack n slash rpgs lately? donno).

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

For me its Torchlight2 and Resident Evil6 (I actually had a little fun with RE4 and RE5 even though they are just action games and not like RE1-3, but RE6 is just terrible). As for Torchlight2, Im not sure why I dislike this game, other then not liking the art design and not having any FUN. It reminds me alot of Diablo2 which I loved, but I just get very bored playing this for some wierd reason. I was expecting to love it but I just get bored as hell and am not a fan of hte art design at all. Not a horrible game or as bad as RE6/WarZ of course, but still I was hoping for a bit more ENJOYABLE game (maybe i am just getting bored with Hack n slash rpgs lately? donno).

kozzy1234

Could very well be that you are just bored with Hack and Slash rpg. Or maybe the genre hasnt aged all that well.

As for me the only one I could enjoy was Path of Exile, and most of the fun I had in that game was from theorycrafting.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

vfibsux

I am not a fan of WoW but I have to disagree here. Obviously they must be doing something right to keep that many people paying a monthly fee for so long. Your opinion of game is not the end all be all of determining if it is good or not. The funny thing is the very next post you wrote criticized someone else for not liking Farcry 3, yet by your logic that one person saying it is a bad game means just that, it is a bad game.

I never said that WoW is a bad game. I just said that the number of subs doesn't prove that it's a good game.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 hartsickdiscipl

DanielDust

You'd have to be delusional to think people pay monthly for a game, for years, just to be cool, you're on to something, every hipster still thinks it's cool to hate on games they never played, because the internet army that never played the game either or it somehow killed their dog and assaulted their mothers think some things that are easy to pick by some simpleminded ignorants such as yourself. I can tell you one thing for sure even if I don't really play WoW anymore, WoW players generally couldn't care less about what other people think they know about WoW, about them or about playing other games in general.

What kind of pathetic person tries to make himself look pro and leet based on a game, people buy games to have fun which you clearly forgot a long time ago, might be way above your level of comprehension, but people still buy CoD because there's no game like it and to keep experiencing that and the best singleplayer campaigns in FPSs they pay for new "enhancements" (it still sets new records because MW 2 "okay 1 was awesome this should be too" and 3 "okay 2 was terrible, they made a mistake, this can't be" are absolute trash and BO 2 "had it with this, last chance, BO 1 was awesome, this better be too" and good being, it made more people want to buy it), just like others buy hundreds of DLCs for some game they might like instead of spending that money on some trash game than another person thinks it changed his life forever.

I'll repeat what I said to the other poster- I never said that WoW is a bad game. I just said that popularitiy doesn't prove that it's good.

As far as the Call of Duty games go- they pretty much suck in comparison to other $50-60 games being released these days. People literally buy them just because they want to play them online with their friends, and they don't want to feel outdated. The gameplay from COD4 to BO2 is almost the same. There has been little to no innovation. People are just buying damn near the same game over and over again. Every game since COD2 has used a revised version of the same graphics engine, which originated in 1999 (quake 3). It looks terrible now, and the gameplay is limited by the game engine as well. Stiff animations, cheesy plastic models. It's amazing that people are so stupid as to spend $50-60 every year on that generic crap. The games might be worth it if they were $20. There's no way in hell they should be charging that much for a game that's basically a mod of the last game each time.

It's called a cash cow. Companies milk them because people want to buy into pop culture, and they will keep milking it till they can't milk it anymore. No, I'm not the only person with this opinion. All but 1 of my gamer friends agree with me 100%. We laugh at the COD fanbase who line up every year to pay $60 for a "new" outdated game that's almost just like the last one. It's sad to me, because I was a big fan of COD/COD2/Modern Warfare. The problem is that it's old and tired.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#79 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

[QUOTE="vfibsux"][QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

hartsickdiscipl

I never said that WoW is a bad game. I just said that the number of subs doesn't prove that it's a good game.

Then why do you think it is a good game?
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#80 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

Definitely Diablo 3. I had such high hopes and expected the next D2 LOD. Sadly it didn't last longer than a week or so for me.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

I did and it was one of the worst mmos ive played

kozzy1234

You contradict yourself with every clueless Blizzard post you make, you always express opinions on their games when in fact you never touched a single one of them.

Actually I have seen wiseboi playing Diablo3 a few times while I was on starcraft/D3/WOW in the past, Nice try though.

And I am a big Blizzard fan but WOW I dont like at all either. Have enjoyed all of BLizzards other games though.

Not everyoen has the same opinion as yours man, get over it. Wiseboi does NOT like BLizzard, so what? He has played Diablo3 and some of WOW, isn't that enough to make a personal opinion? I don't agree with his opinion about D3, but so what, difference of opinion. He has played some Blizzard games and didnt like them, what on earth is wrong with that? Sounds like an honest opinion to me (one i only agree half with, liking D3 and not likign WOW).

And before you go on a rant about me also not owning or playing any blizzard games or that im being a hater, I own all the WOW expansions besides Mists of Pandora and I own all there other games in the past (Warcraft1-3, Starcraft1,2,Diablo2/3,etc..). I just did not like WOW, I tried to get into it, even buying the expansion packs to try it with a bunch of friends, but it just was not for me.

Before you have a revelation, prophecy or something, tell me when was the last time you "personally" felt that a trial that you barely played made you the kind of expert on that or those particular games that ionusX, derpboy and this other guy are at this point in their life? Don't know what you want to prove and I couldn't care less, according to the games I like you have absolutely terrible taste in games and I also might like games you consider terrible (like AC Rev that contains the best story AC series has to offer, a game you hate because you don't have a single pony and an optional mission type abused your loved ones), but I know you at least play those games, you don't jump on a demo/trial, quit after 2 minutes then make a forum thread "OMG GAME SUCZ AFTUR 900 HRSZ; why does it suck?; cuz it sucks zo bad, can't even remember or have arguments, that's how bad it sukz", that's why I accept your opinions, the focus being you since you felt the need to be some kind of referee.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 kozzy1234

You said wiseboi has not played any BLizzard games, I am saying that he has, I have seen him playing games made my Blizzard.

He is not some Blizzard hater who has not played ANY of there games, he just has not enjoyed the TWO that he has played.

What is so hard to uinderstand?

You made a silly comment saying that wiseboi has not played BLizzard games, that is not true, I have been witness to him playing D3.

Could it really be that wiseboi just did not like the two games he tried? Nooo he must be a hater right! Give me a freakign break Daniel and get voer yourself already.

Wiseboi does not like BLizzard games, BIG DEAL! He is allowed ot have an opinion of games he has played.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"] You contradict yourself with every clueless Blizzard post you make, you always express opinions on their games when in fact you never touched a single one of them.DanielDust

Before you have a revelation, prophecy or something, tell me when was the last time you "personally" felt that a trial that you barely played made you the kind of expert on that or those particular games that ionusX, derpboy and this other guy are at this point in their life? .

If im not mistaken wiseboi bought D3 and played a trial of WOW. He is not allowed to have an opinion now on thoses games or company? Give me a break man you are just making yourself look bad.

I actually had fun with D3, I dont agree with wiseboi on D3, but I respect his opinoin and have seen him playing it. As for WOW? I agree with him, I jsut don't like it. I have played it for many hours but its just not fun to me.

Since when is playign a Full game you bought and a trail of a game not enough to make an opinion of a company?
Blizzard is 0 for 2 for games he has played, why would he not give his opinion?

I just think its ridicolous that you act like your opinion his better then his just because hes played two Blizzard games and didnt like them.

Everyone is different with what they like, wiseboi simply did not like the two games he played from Blizzard, what is wrong with this in anyway at all? I like BLizzard one of my fav companies, but I dont see the need to act like anyone who dislikes there games or them are WRONG.

Also when did wiseboi say that he was a expert on WOW or D3? Thats right he didn't, just gave his honest opinion having played two of there games.

We get it, you love BLizzard and seem to not like it when people talk down about them. I like BLizzard to as I said above but I also respect others opinions who dont have the same opinion as me about BLizzard or there games.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DanielDust
You keep repeating things over and over and over and over again, I asked a simple question. YES or NO You don't need to write tens of lines all saying the same things in different ways, you don't have to make multiple posts and you don't have to avoid the question and repeat the same things you wrote in your first post.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

You keep repeating things over and over and over and over again, I asked a simple question. YES or NO You don't need to write tens of lines all saying the same things in different ways, you don't have to make multiple posts and you don't have to avoid the question and repeat the same things you wrote in your first post.DanielDust

What is your problem?

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Diablo III

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BSC14

Wiseboi does not like BLizzard games, BIG DEAL! He is allowed ot have an opinion of games he has played.

kozzy1234

Agree but calling the most successful MMO in the hostory of MMOs the "worst mmo ever" is just ignorant.

An example...I don't like GW2 at all but I know it's not the worst MMO out there regarless of my personal opinion of the game.

Again....any MMO that could do what WoW has done can not be "the worst mmo ever".

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]You keep repeating things over and over and over and over again, I asked a simple question. YES or NO You don't need to write tens of lines all saying the same things in different ways, you don't have to make multiple posts and you don't have to avoid the question and repeat the same things you wrote in your first post.Cwagmire21

What is your problem?

I fail to understand why you post such rhetorical nonsense, here and the other thread, do you want something?
SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#89 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

Not many games exclusively for the PC this year, can't say I was disappointed at all.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

BSC14

Agree but calling the most successful MMO in the hostory of MMOs the "worst mmo ever" is just ignorant.

An example...I don't like GW2 at all but I know it's not the worst MMO out there regarless of my personal opinion of the game.

Again....any MMO that could do what WoW has done can not be "the worst mmo ever".

That is just how they feel!
So what if wiseboi thinks WOW is the worst mmo? Maybe its the worst one hes played? I dont see whats wrong with him stating his OPINION.

Me personally would I say its the worst mmo ever? No, but its the only Blizzard game I dont like out of all the games they have done. I don't share wisebois opinion about Diablo3 for example, but I respect that its his opinion and he is entitled to what ever it is he enjoys or hates.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="vfibsux"] I am not a fan of WoW but I have to disagree here. Obviously they must be doing something right to keep that many people paying a monthly fee for so long. Your opinion of game is not the end all be all of determining if it is good or not. The funny thing is the very next post you wrote criticized someone else for not liking Farcry 3, yet by your logic that one person saying it is a bad game means just that, it is a bad game. vfibsux

Then why do you think it is a good game?

I don't think that it's a particularly good or bad game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#92 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10490 Posts

There were a lot of over-hyped games. The one that really fell short on the PC was Dishonored. This game received rave reviews and is being touted as the next Deus Ex and Thief. The design of some of the missions and the story is so underwhelming and flawed that it makes you wonder how much people crave for an alternative to COD.

biggest_loser

the only real notable flaw for me was the lack of useful abilities besides blink and dark vision. other than that i thought it was one of the best games of last year. not that it had much to compete against.

my biggest disappointment of the year was a lack of great single player games. lots of good games but not any i'd say were great. overall it was a pretty disappointing year

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#93 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

No? I could have sworn you were a fan of GW2? Running with those sheep huh?

But anyway, I don't think it's strange to not like WoW. But to call it "the worst mmo you ever played"seems strange when based off of it's number of players is clearly not the worst mmo ever made. High sales dont make a good game, dont get me wrong, but when you can hold over 9 million players as long as Blizzard has with WoW youre doing something right. Not to mention the huge impact WoW has had on the MMO industry.....seems strange to call it the worst mmo ever played. Unless of course you just like to try and be different.

BSC14

it's a traditional carrot on a stick treadmill spreadsheet of stats gear MMO, nothing intriging about it. No customization otpions, a terrible community, and just plain old and stale. Get gear to raid, loot the gear, use that gear to do more raids to get gear.

And still no other game has even came close to the amount of subs Blizzard has. Not even half of the subs I would bet.

So "carrot on a stick treadmill spreadsheet of stats gear" or not they do it better than everyone else. I mean if it were just "carrot on a stick treadmill spreadsheet of stats gear" then why don't we have a bunch of games as popular as WoW racking in cash from 10 or so million subs?

Probably because there's not that many people who even want to play MMOs, and most people who do play MMOs don't keep multiple paid subscriptions going at once. They pick a game they like, and they play it. If they find something they'd rather play, they move to it. WoW has a huge community of dedicated players, many of whom aren't going to pay a second subscription fee to play another MMO, so the only reason they'd switch is if another game was just as good (in their eyes) as WoW, and also if all of their friends were going to switch, too. There's a certain market for subscription MMOs, and WoW pretty much has it in a stranglehold. Even if there were 2 more subscription MMOs on the market, which did everything just as well (in the eyes of the players) as WoW, they wouldn't be able to come up with 10 millions subs each, without taking subs away from WoW, because there's just not that many people in the MMO subscription market.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 BSC14

Probably because there's not that many people who even want to play MMOs, and most people who do play MMOs don't keep multiple paid subscriptions going at once. They pick a game they like, and they play it. If they find something they'd rather play, they move to it. WoW has a huge community of dedicated players, many of whom aren't going to pay a second subscription fee to play another MMO, so the only reason they'd switch is if another game was just as good (in their eyes) as WoW, and also if all of their friends were going to switch, too. There's a certain market for subscription MMOs, and WoW pretty much has it in a stranglehold. Even if there were 2 more subscription MMOs on the market, which did everything just as well (in the eyes of the players) as WoW, they wouldn't be able to come up with 10 millions subs each, without taking subs away from WoW, because there's just not that many people in the MMO subscription market.

the_bi99man

If a better MMO came out they would move on from WoW. And WoW has held 10+/- million subs for 8 years...that's a lot of people.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Maroxad

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

kozzy1234

So what if wiseboi thinks WOW is the worst mmo? Maybe its the worst one hes played? I dont see whats wrong with him stating his OPINION.

Me personally would I say its the worst mmo ever? No, but its the only Blizzard game I dont like out of all the games they have done. I don't share wisebois opinion about Diablo3 for example, but I respect that its his opinion and he is entitled to what ever it is he enjoys or hates.

I wish we had more posters here like you Kozzy.

Seriously, Wiseboi saying it is one of the worst mmos is his opinion. As simple as that. And ignorance is the lack of knowledge, his reasons for not liking WoW has NOTHING to do with a lack of knowledge, just preference.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 BSC14

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

Maroxad

Seriously, Wiseboi saying it is one of the worst mmos is his opinion. As simple as that. And ignorance is the lack of knowledge, his reasons for not liking WoW has NOTHING to do with a lack of knowledge, just preference.

AGAIN it's not that he does not like it, it's that it's a bit stupid to call the most successful MMO, "the worst mmo ever".

It's like saying that because you don't like the iphone/apple that it's the worst smart phone ever made. It's just not true....like it or not it's not the "worst phone ever made". I hate apple btw...just saying. :)

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Maroxad

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

BSC14

AGAIN it's not that he does not like it, it's that it's a bit stupid to call the most successful MMO, "the worst mmo ever".

It's like saying that because you don't like the iphone/apple that it's the worst smart phone ever made. It's just not true....like it or not it's not the "worst phone ever made". I hate apple btw...just saying. :)

Quality is subjective, that is judged individually for each person.

Popularity has nothing to do with quality.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#98 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Probably Tribes Ascend since I had fun with it at first, but it just seems lacking? The replay value just went away after a bit, and it doesn't help that it not getting supported much apparently.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
If people aren't being overly dramatic when stating their opinions on games, the forums would probably have a lot less unnecessary arguments. There is a difference saying "I enjoy WOW the least amongst other MMOs I've played" as compared to "Its the worst MMO". The latter is obviously setting people up for a knee jerk reaction and most times, I suspect, the poster intended it to be as such. You know it. Other than that, these threads always have people spewing up the most successful, poplar or biggest names ever. IRT, mine would be XCOM. lol yes, I have it as my sig. I actually feel that its a great game but being an XCOM fan, I also felt that it could have been soo much better. Thats where the disappointment is. Too much to list, just go to their forums. But staying away from some of the other melodramatic posters here, I'm not actually judging the game to be bad, quite the contrary.
DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#100 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
Planetside 2. I know it's hard to say that with it being a free game, but I just hoped for better gameplay/gunplay. Otherwise a decent game. I just don't own any games that I am truly disappointed. It would be easy for me to jump on the hype hate train without playing those games so not going to do that.