What happened to the qeust games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

freak_c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 freak_c
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts
Remember the great classic quest style games? Space quest, Police Quest, Kings Quest, Full Throttle to mention a few. Correct me if i'm wrong but there arn't many or any games like these anymore.

Quest gamesĀ  what happened to them?
t0adphr0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 t0adphr0g
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts
Umm.. there's Titan Quest...
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Umm.. there's Titan Quest... t0adphr0g

The games he mentioned are adventure games.Ā  Even though it has the word quest in the title, Titan Quest isn't an adventure game.

To the OP...Ā  google Sam and Max, and you'll find a link to the new games of that series they have made.

AlphaHumana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 AlphaHumana
Member since 2006 • 618 Posts
The last King's Quest game (KQ8: The Mask of Eternity) went action-adventure that was 3rd person combat-oriented game... I quite liked it but it was nothing like the prior point-and-click adventure games. The last Quest for Glory (QFG5: Dragonfire) was good, and fairly true to the previous games in the series, though a bit more actiony because the combat system was built into the adventuring screen and not a separate screen like in the earlier point-and-click games in the series. Also, the Coles (designed of the QFG franchise) had apparently always intended for Dragonfire to be the last in the series. If you followed the series, you may recall that there was quite a long lull between the releases of QFG4: Shadows of Darkness and QFG5: Dragonfire because it seemed the franchise was already kinda in trouble even before 5 :(.

Police Quest turned into the SWAT series, which I think is still alive but not sure - PQ5 was the first SWAT, I stopped playing after Police Quest 4: Open Season because the series ceased to be point-and-click adventuring. I have no idea what happened to Space Quest, I thought the last one (SQ6: The Spinal Frontier) was fun, and for awhile rumors would pop up regarding a 7th, but I haven't heard anything new about it in years.

I really would like to see another King's Quest most of all. Preferably in the KQ7 (Princeless Bridge) forbidden>