What Football Game will you get this Fall

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
I'll have to see i mean i'm wondering if 2k8 canĀ  catch up with some of the new modes and gameplay features Madden has had the last 2 years.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
More than likely, I'll get Madden
The_Zoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Zoid
Member since 2006 • 59984 Posts
None of them. I can't really get into sports games even though I play them a lot at friends' houses.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
As a football fan each year I think "Maybe this year I'll try one of the football games" and I never pick it up. I'd like to see a new game that focuses more on strategy rather than the twitch mechanics.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
I wish another NFL Head Coach were coming out. But I'll get Madden.
PNXPNX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 PNXPNX
Member since 2005 • 996 Posts
All Pro 2k8 for me.
XxMa5icarxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XxMa5icarxX
Member since 2004 • 6621 Posts
I'll have to see i mean i'm wondering if 2k8 can catch up with some of the new modes and gameplay features Madden has had the last 2 years.StarFoxCOM
new modes? only thing new madden has had for like the last three 3 years was superstar mode, and the Hit stick.
ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts
Madden.. i see nothing wrong with madden...great graphics and good gameplay are all i need in a football game.. you people are the ones that seem to play in the menus of the game "THEY TOOK OUT _________" "THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A FIELD GOAL NET IM RETURNING THIS" "THE MANUAL BOOKLET IS REALLY SHORT" "THE MENU IS SLOW" ii just buy a football game to play a game of football...i dont sit in the menu screen observing all the options they have.. and i REFUSE to play a football game with fake teams, fake players, and fake stadiums...i dont find that fun at all...
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
2k8 for me, Madden is the SOS every year and for some reason it's been worse these last two years, I refuse to play a game with a run game that will have your running back sometimes completely stop behind a lineman unlike the 2k football games where the RB will actually stick out his hand on the lineman if he cant find a gap and keep driving his feet, I just like to play realistic football games
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
NCAA
nobodyshero87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nobodyshero87
Member since 2006 • 22210 Posts
I am getting Madden, its a must have for any sports fan.
Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Steelers_86
Member since 2003 • 2268 Posts
NCAAEspurs117
me too
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

[QUOTE="Espurs117"]NCAASteelers_86
me too

me as well, but NCAA 07's passing game was rigged. Even a crap reciever could catch an incredible catch and beat an elite cornerback. Hopefully they can fix that. Ā 

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

NCAAEspurs117

they never disappoint, ill be buying NCAA football as well

Avatar image for uhre-tartmonkey
uhre-tartmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 uhre-tartmonkey
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

all three

should of added ncaa

MDDichard07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 MDDichard07
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts
[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"] and i REFUSE to play a football game with fake teams, fake players, and fake stadiums...i dont find that fun at all...

you mean like arena football?
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#17 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Havent decided, might have to rent both to see.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
The jury is still out on all counts.Ā  I'm not sure I want to buy Madden two years-in-a-row, but if they make enough progress on it, I might.Ā  2k8 is going to be a toss-up, dependant on several factors for me.
Avatar image for 206461861543079188321160707076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 206461861543079188321160707076
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts
NCAAEspurs117
agreed. Also madden and all pro come out in Augus(summer)
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

Catch up?Ā  Mark my words!!!!!Ā  Don't be surprised that All Pro 2K8 turns out to be the better game... It may not sell since a lot of folks like playing as an NFL player.Ā  I may get 2K8 because I always like the underdog!Ā  I'm sure 2K has waited two years to stick it to EA even without the NFL license.Ā  And most importantly, as gamers, we win because we get to have an option to choose which football game to buy.Ā  I'm loving it.

I'll have to see i mean i'm wondering if 2k8 canĀ  catch up with some of the new modes and gameplay features Madden has had the last 2 years.StarFoxCOM

Zero-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zero-Pirate
Member since 2003 • 2156 Posts

I'll get Madden, since I always did preffer Madden to NFL 2k.

But I am really happy to see the 2k games coming back!Ā  That means competition, which means better Madden games!Ā  Even though with plenty of competition, NBA Live sucks lately.

Anywho, definitely Madden!Ā 

fordies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 fordies
Member since 2005 • 5829 Posts

Neither i tried madden last year and its an ok game but american football just isnt for me.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#23 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
Madden all the way for me. I only liked NFL 2K on Dreamcast. After that, the series has been junk. So yeah, Madden 08 baby!
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mazing87

Kind of sad that it takes competition for EA to make better Madden games, don't you think?Ā  Why would you spend your hard earned cash on a game that is mediocre?

But I am really happy to see the 2k games coming back!Ā  That means competition, which means better Madden games!Ā  Even though with plenty of competition, NBA Live sucks lately.

Anywho, definitely Madden!Ā 

Zero-Pirate
Jin_sonic0606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jin_sonic0606
Member since 2007 • 2710 Posts

Madden 08!!:D

PuddleMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PuddleMonkey
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
I'll get all 3 ( NCAA, Madden, 2K8 ). Its one of the problems of having too much money, you buy stuff you don't need. I think I have about 60 PSP games I've never even played before lol. I'm guessing I'll play Madden the most if they fix all the bugs in Franchise Mode (360).
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#27 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

Neither i tried madden last year and its an ok game but american football just isnt for me.

fordies

Do you have a 360? Which soccer game do you like the most? I picked up a cheap, used copy of Fifa 06 Road to the World Cup and it's a fun game but I didn't know if Pro Evo Soccer (or whatever it's called) is better or if the new Fifa was better or even that other game that's the championship league. Let me know because I am looking to pick up another soccer game if they are better than Road to the World Cup.

VERS1ON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 VERS1ON
Member since 2003 • 1188 Posts
Madden, as always.
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts
Madden 08.
jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts
Well Halo 3 and College Hoops 2K8 come first, but if I have some money left I'm gonna get either Madden 08 or NCAA 08.
jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts
I am getting Madden, its a must have for any sports fan.nobodyshero87
You mean must have for any NFL fan.And I don't think theres been a must have Madden since Madden 2004, the series just doesn't improve anymore.
Zero-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zero-Pirate

Kind of sad that it takes competition for EA to make better Madden games, don't you think? Why would you spend your hard earned cash on a game that is mediocre?

[QUOTE="Zero-Pirate"]

But I am really happy to see the 2k games coming back! That means competition, which means better Madden games! Even though with plenty of competition, NBA Live sucks lately.

Anywho, definitely Madden!

mrvic87

I never said that Madden was a mediocre game.Ā  Every single game that comes out can be improved upon.Ā  With 2k back in the game, EA will be forced to make bigger and better improvements to Madden.

Personally, I thought Madden 07 was fantastic.Ā  I greatly look forward to seeing what improvements are made for 08!

ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts
[QUOTE="MDDichard07"][QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"] and i REFUSE to play a football game with fake teams, fake players, and fake stadiums...i dont find that fun at all...

you mean like arena football?

yup....wouldnt play that either...
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mazing87

I never said you called it mediocre, I did.Ā  I called it mediocre because you just said since 2k is back, it means better Madden games, whcih means EA didn't put any kind of effort to improve on the series (mediocre).Ā  Again, I ask, why did you buy it ?Ā 

[QUOTE="mrvic87"]

Kind of sad that it takes competition for EA to make better Madden games, don't you think? Why would you spend your hard earned cash on a game that is mediocre?

[QUOTE="Zero-Pirate"]

But I am really happy to see the 2k games coming back! That means competition, which means better Madden games! Even though with plenty of competition, NBA Live sucks lately.

Zero-Pirate

I never said that Madden was a mediocre game.Ā  Every single game that comes out can be improved upon.Ā  With 2k back in the game, EA will be forced to make bigger and better improvements to Madden.

Personally, I thought Madden 07 was fantastic.Ā  I greatly look forward to seeing what improvements are made for 08!

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mazing87

2k can have fake teams but they have the potential of making the better football game.Ā  You proved my point I stated earlier about how 2k may not do well in sales because people, especially you, want to play with NFL teams.Ā  I love football.... If one game has better gameplay and it turns out to be a game that doesn't have NFL teams, that's the game I will choose.Ā  I won't be surprised if 2k comes out on top this year.Ā  If Madden comes out on top, then so be it.Ā  I really think 2k will shock everyone with their great football title filled with fake teams...LOL!!

Madden.. i see nothing wrong with madden...great graphics and good gameplay are all i need in a football game.. you people are the ones that seem to play in the menus of the game "THEY TOOK OUT _________" "THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A FIELD GOAL NET IM RETURNING THIS" "THE MANUAL BOOKLET IS REALLY SHORT" "THE MENU IS SLOW" ii just buy a football game to play a game of football...i dont sit in the menu screen observing all the options they have.. and i REFUSE to play a football game with fake teams, fake players, and fake stadiums...i dont find that fun at all...ChipmunkDeluxe

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dkhw

2k can have fake teams but they have the potential of making the better football game. You proved my point I stated earlier about how 2k may not do well in sales because people, especially you, want to play with NFL teams. I love football.... If one game has better gameplay and it turns out to be a game that doesn't have NFL teams, that's the game I will choose. I won't be surprised if 2k comes out on top this year. If Madden comes out on top, then so be it. I really think 2k will shock everyone with their great football title filled with fake teams...LOL!!

[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]Madden.. i see nothing wrong with madden...great graphics and good gameplay are all i need in a football game.. you people are the ones that seem to play in the menus of the game "THEY TOOK OUT _________" "THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A FIELD GOAL NET IM RETURNING THIS" "THE MANUAL BOOKLET IS REALLY SHORT" "THE MENU IS SLOW" ii just buy a football game to play a game of football...i dont sit in the menu screen observing all the options they have.. and i REFUSE to play a football game with fake teams, fake players, and fake stadiums...i dont find that fun at all...mrvic87

Konami's soccer game is like that, but FIFA managaes to outsell it every year despite being an inferior game. It's gonna be the same with Madden. 2k8 won't outsell Madden 08 ever. Of course, this doesn't mean that 2K8 won't be the better game. Like you, it's all about gameplay, that's why I stopped buying Madden 2 years ago, and played NCAA for the past 2 years.Ā 

tequilero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#37 tequilero
Member since 2005 • 9333 Posts
I will get Madden 08 first,then All Pro 2k8 a few weeks later.
hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts

[QUOTE="Espurs117"]NCAASteelers_86
me too

same 8)

Zero-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zero-Pirate

I never said you called it mediocre, I did. I called it mediocre because you just said since 2k is back, it means better Madden games, whcih means EA didn't put any kind of effort to improve on the series (mediocre). Again, I ask, why did you buy it ?

[QUOTE="Zero-Pirate"][QUOTE="mrvic87"]

[QUOTE="Zero-Pirate"]

mrvic87

I never said that Madden was a mediocre game. Every single game that comes out can be improved upon. With 2k back in the game, EA will be forced to make bigger and better improvements to Madden.

Personally, I thought Madden 07 was fantastic. I greatly look forward to seeing what improvements are made for 08!

Like I said before, I bought it because I thought it was fantastic.Ā  I definitely don't think it is a mediocre game.Ā  And I didn't say anything about them not improving the games before.Ā  The series is constantly improving.Ā  However, as a result of exclusivity, the improvements did slow.Ā  There were still plenty of improvements though.Ā  And Madden 07 is my favorite in the series so far.Ā  So all I was saying with my previous statement is that the folks at EA will have to work even harder in order to improve it even more now that 2k is back.Ā  And also like I said before, I have always prefered Madden over NFL 2k, so in all likeliness I will prefer even Madden 07 to All-Pro 2k8.

familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 familyguy77
Member since 2005 • 2238 Posts
More than likely I'm going to give both a try. I've been pretty disapointed with Madden the past few years(especially the 360 version)
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
I'm leaning towards Madden 08. I'v only played Madden 07 on the PS2. And i loved it but i found some glareing Problems. The Biggest one is that i was playing the Broncos in the last game of the season for a Playoff Spot. And i got so pissed because i was on the 15 yard lineĀ were down by 4 points with 15 seconds left in the gameĀ i called the teams last time out. And instead of the coach calling a 20 yard pass to win the game he calls a field goal so i'm allĀ WTF.Ā i kick itĀ then i thinkĀ choachĀ is gonna call a Onside Kick and we recover thenĀ kick another field goal right. Okay nope he call a normal Kickoff and we lose the game and a WildĀ Card Play off spot.Ā 
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dkhw

I'm leaning towards Madden 08. I'v only played Madden 07 on the PS2. And i loved it but i found some glareing Problems. The Biggest one is that i was playing the Broncos in the last game of the season for a Playoff Spot. And i got so pissed because i was on the 15 yard line were down by 4 points with 15 seconds left in the game i called the teams last time out. And instead of the coach calling a 20 yard pass to win the game he calls a field goal so i'm all WTF. i kick it then i think choach is gonna call a Onside Kick and we recover then kick another field goal right. Okay nope he call a normal Kickoff and we lose the game and a Wild Card Play off spot. StarFoxCOM

08 is 07. Better off saving that money because there isn't going to much changes to Madden.Ā 

TD7007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TD7007
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts
both
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

[QUOTE="StarFoxCOM"]I'm leaning towards Madden 08. I'v only played Madden 07 on the PS2. And i loved it but i found some glareing Problems. The Biggest one is that i was playing the Broncos in the last game of the season for a Playoff Spot. And i got so pissed because i was on the 15 yard line were down by 4 points with 15 seconds left in the game i called the teams last time out. And instead of the coach calling a 20 yard pass to win the game he calls a field goal so i'm all WTF. i kick it then i think choach is gonna call a Onside Kick and we recover then kick another field goal right. Okay nope he call a normal Kickoff and we lose the game and a Wild Card Play off spot. dkhw

08 is 07. Better off saving that money because there isn't going to much changes to Madden.

Oh so you have a copy of the game that hasent been realeased yet? Wow I envy you. Ā 

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dkhw
[QUOTE="dkhw"]

[QUOTE="StarFoxCOM"]I'm leaning towards Madden 08. I'v only played Madden 07 on the PS2. And i loved it but i found some glareing Problems. The Biggest one is that i was playing the Broncos in the last game of the season for a Playoff Spot. And i got so pissed because i was on the 15 yard line were down by 4 points with 15 seconds left in the game i called the teams last time out. And instead of the coach calling a 20 yard pass to win the game he calls a field goal so i'm all WTF. i kick it then i think choach is gonna call a Onside Kick and we recover then kick another field goal right. Okay nope he call a normal Kickoff and we lose the game and a Wild Card Play off spot. Espurs117

08 is 07. Better off saving that money because there isn't going to much changes to Madden.

Oh so you have a copy of the game that hasent been realeased yet? Wow I envy you.

I only own 06 which essentailly is 07 which in turn will be 08. So, I can proudly say to everysingle one of you that I own 08....Ā 

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#46 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
I wil probably get madden. Thats if it is improved from madden 07.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
The best part of playing a sports game is the players and teams. I have no interest in playing a game with fictitious players and teams.
footballstar07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 footballstar07
Member since 2007 • 698 Posts
Madden all the way.
reeftonexpress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 reeftonexpress
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Madden definitely!!!

Rugby is far better than NFL, if only they made a decent rugby game. i'd like to see some nfl players play rugbywithout their precious pads and helmets and without theyre stoppage.

Xythos09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Xythos09
Member since 2005 • 2458 Posts
Madden and possibly NCAA.