WarZ - Buy it if I'm craving Zombies?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 creaturemagic
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts
Walking Dead season 3 just started and I want to play a zombie survival game. Do I play hacker filled and buggy DayZ or "Very much alpha" WarZ? Any estimates on when DayZ standalone will be out (I know no-one knows, I want estimates)
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
I wouldnt spend money on either at the moment, but I would say WarZ just because it may actually turn into something while the DayZ mod is kinda.... well dead imo
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Would maybe wait until the game is past alpha.. same with DayZ. If you haven't tried it yet, the Walking Dead Telltale game is really good.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Iantheone

Would maybe wait until the game is past alpha.. same with DayZ. If you haven't tried it yet, the Walking Dead Telltale game is really good.

MyopicCanadian
Well, when the standalone comes out it will be past alpha. It'll be over a year ahead of WarZ or at least should be
jaay55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jaay55
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts

DayZ is amazing. I can't wait until the standalone. If you dont care about the money, i say pick up arma 2 OA for DayZ, or wait until the standalone. I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time. It was well worth the money i spent, even with the hackers and such.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Walking Dead season 3 just started and I want to play a zombie survival game. Do I play hacker filled and buggy DayZ or "Very much alpha" WarZ? Any estimates on when DayZ standalone will be out (I know no-one knows, I want estimates) creaturemagic

Why not just play THIS ???

Lyncaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lyncaster
Member since 2011 • 228 Posts

[QUOTE="creaturemagic"]Walking Dead season 3 just started and I want to play a zombie survival game. Do I play hacker filled and buggy DayZ or "Very much alpha" WarZ? Any estimates on when DayZ standalone will be out (I know no-one knows, I want estimates) FelipeInside

Thats not a "real" zombie survival game. It's more in the lane of Heavy Rain.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="creaturemagic"]Walking Dead season 3 just started and I want to play a zombie survival game. Do I play hacker filled and buggy DayZ or "Very much alpha" WarZ? Any estimates on when DayZ standalone will be out (I know no-one knows, I want estimates) Lyncaster

Thats not a "real" zombie survival game. It's more in the lane of Heavy Rain.

It's an action adventure game, where guess what? You have to survive zombies.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Can't wait for War Z, been looking for a decent survival zombie game. Not sure how good the community will be, but it's worth a shot.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

From what I've heard the game is pretty horrendous at the moment. LOTS of glitches and some people can't even play yet with legit serial keys. I'd wait for it to officially launch and play DayZ in the meantime

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

If your interested in Warz you may want to just throw 20 dollars at before the price goes up.

The community will make or break this game

streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 streetridaz
Member since 2003 • 3276 Posts

From what I've heard the game is pretty horrendous at the moment. LOTS of glitches and some people can't even play yet with legit serial keys. I'd wait for it to officially launch and play DayZ in the meantime

seanmcloughlin

I'm loving WarZ right now. I like it much better then DayZ so far. It's early to tell but i'm having more fun with it then DayZ. I will be producing a ton of WarZ Gameplay Commentaries for anyone interested once the NDA is lifted. Check my channel for the WarZ Information Guide.

Streetridaz Gaming

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

It's pretty obvious which I'm going to side with. DayZ is no doubt going to be the better buy. Also, it's nowhere near dead, there are still TONS of people playing it. From what I am seeing WarZ still looks like a bit of a mess, not saying DayZ doesn't have it's own mess but I know for a fact that DayZ will give you some of the most tense moments that you will ever feel from a game...I highly doubt WarZ is going to get anywhere close to that.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#14 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Played 3 hours so far and its not that good.

Atmosphere and combat is not very good at all. It feels very unsatisfying to me.

It has some good ideas, vut its missing the atmosphere, gunplay and fun factor that Dayz is.

Very sloppy in almost ever way ):

Ill stick with Project Zomboid, Dayz and The Walking Dead for my zombie fun.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 James161324

WarZ is in alpha for christ sake, its been public for 3 days. Dayz has been public for like 6 months. Its takes time to fix a game. Warz is months away from being finished, people need to relize its an alpha not a finished product like the entire internet seems to think

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="creaturemagic"]Walking Dead season 3 just started and I want to play a zombie survival game. Do I play hacker filled and buggy DayZ or "Very much alpha" WarZ? Any estimates on when DayZ standalone will be out (I know no-one knows, I want estimates) Lyncaster

That's not a "real" zombie survival game. It's more in the lane of Heavy Rain.

When you watch films or TV do you shout at the screen for not not being able to control the characters?

The OP already said he's a fan of the walking dead so the game based on the comic would be right up his ally. It's a great game with interesting characters and story.

For zombie survival Project Zomboid is the best.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kozzy1234

WarZ is in alpha for christ sake, its been public for 3 days. Dayz has been public for like 6 months. Its takes time to fix a game. Warz is months away from being finished, people need to relize its an alpha not a finished product like the entire internet seems to think

James161324

That is no excuse for how damn boring and unsatisfying the game is.

Project Zomboid and Dayz are still in Alpha stage and they are MUCH MUCH better imo. This feels like a FPS with zombie tossed in and a few ideas frmo DAYZ mixed in. PZ and Dayz are awesome games even in alpah stage, WarZ is a average to bad game in alpha. Sure it might improve but whats there right now sucks to me.

Just one mans opinion no need to be pissed off.

It felt very very sloppy and amaetur to me.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="James161324"]

kozzy1234

Project Zomboid and Dayz are still in Alpha stage and they are MUCH MUCH better imo. This feels like a FPS with zombie tossed in and a few ideas frmo DAYZ mixed in. PZ and Dayz are awesome games even in alpah stage, WarZ is a average to bad game in alpha. Sure it might improve but whats there right now sucks to me.

That's a shame. An MMO of a Zombie Apocalypse, a la Walking Dead, is an awesome idea.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 James161324

[QUOTE="James161324"]

kozzy1234

my point is those games have been public for fare longer than WarZ has, people are judging WarZ after it being out to the public for two days. Its expected to feel sloopy. If anyone played the bf3 alpha that game was a bug ridden crashing mess.

K4ss3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 K4ss3r
Member since 2004 • 8697 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="James161324"]

James161324

my point is those games have been public for fare longer than WarZ has, people are judging WarZ after it being out to the public for two days. Its expected to feel sloopy. If anyone played the bf3 alpha that game was a bug ridden crashing mess.

"It's expected to feel sloppy" - What? That's a damn poor excuse. Just because it is in Alpha, doesn't mean that it has to be bad. It just means that the developers rushed the release of this to ride the wave of popularity which was set in motion by DayZ.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="James161324"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

K4ss3r

"It's expected to feel sloppy" - What? That's a damn poor excuse. Just because it is in Alpha, doesn't mean that it has to be bad. It just means that the developers rushed the release of this to ride the wave of popularity which was set in motion by DayZ.

That's probably true, but I've played other games in Alpha which were pretty bad and then the final product was a much more improved polished game.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
Most of the assets from WarZ were lifted from another game called War Inc. WarZ was made purely to cash in on DayZ. I'm waiting for the real mccoy., it'll be out before the end of the year.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside

Most of the assets from WarZ were lifted from another game called War Inc. WarZ was made purely to cash in on DayZ. I'm waiting for the real mccoy., it'll be out before the end of the year.bonafidetk

I don't belive so since WarZ was in development long time before DayZ even existed.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 James161324

[QUOTE="James161324"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

K4ss3r

Its an alpha does no one undestand what that means any more. Has anyone actually played an alpha or beta it is a time that their will be bugs. JC2 MP is full of bugs and crashes left and right, bf3 alpha had major bugs and crashing issues. PS2 came out as a broken mess and still is.

Its part of the development cycle. It seems becuase they offered a preoder bonus everyone expects the game to be a demo and have no bugs. I'm sorry major developers have lied when they call their demo's a beta.

Its just grinds my gears, that the gamer no longer understands what an alpha and beta actually is, they all expect the first time they play it to be the final verision of the game.

Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tixylixx
Member since 2011 • 312 Posts

[QUOTE="bonafidetk"]Most of the assets from WarZ were lifted from another game called War Inc. WarZ was made purely to cash in on DayZ. I'm waiting for the real mccoy., it'll be out before the end of the year.FelipeInside

I don't belive so since WarZ was in development long time before DayZ even existed.

No it wasn't, they started it around May time.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="bonafidetk"]Most of the assets from WarZ were lifted from another game called War Inc. WarZ was made purely to cash in on DayZ. I'm waiting for the real mccoy., it'll be out before the end of the year.Tixylixx

I'm confused then. I'm sure I heard about WarZ before the DayZ mod was out.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kozzy1234

I also dont like the idea of being able to just BUY items at the main menu... defeats the purpose of everyone having to go out and find stuff on there own.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="K4ss3r"][QUOTE="James161324"]

James161324

Its an alpha does no one undestand what that means any more. Has anyone actually played an alpha or beta it is a time that their will be bugs. JC2 MP is full of bugs and crashes left and right, bf3 alpha had major bugs and crashing issues. PS2 came out as a broken mess and still is.

Its part of the development cycle. It seems becuase they offered a preoder bonus everyone expects the game to be a demo and have no bugs. I'm sorry major developers have lied when they call their demo's a beta.

Its just grinds my gears, that the gamer no longer understands what an alpha and beta actually is, they all expect the first time they play it to be the final verision of the game.

I said nothing about how it should play how the final version plays right now.

I listed games that are also in alpha and are much better.

You mention BF3 alpha, yes I played it and while it did have tons of issues, I could still feel the FUN FACTOR and what they where intending on going with.

With Warz what they are going with as of alpha is not very enjoyable to me at all.

I dont expect any games in alpha to be perfect or what the fianl version of the game will be like. But I expect them to be FUN, Warz is not fun at all from what ive played. Just my opinion, it has nothign to do with me not knowing what an alpha is. I have been in hundreds of alphas in the past.

The shooting feels very sloppy and the atmosphere is horrid. Maybe those things will be fixed by its final release I dont know. But as of now its not any fun to me and very underwhelming. I know its an alpha, but even for an alpha its not very good.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FelipeInside

I also dont like the idea of being able to just BUY items at the main menu... defeats the purpose of everyone having to go out and find stuff on there own.

kozzy1234
That truly sux. A survival game should be just that, a game where you have to survive in the open. Same thing took the fun out of Diablo 3. Why quest when u can just buy the stuff.
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

I'm going to wait until Day Z stand alone's out and improved. It captures the feeling of a survival zombie apoc best and just looking at the War Z gameplay I can tell core things are off that I highly doubt'll get fixed through alpha. They need the right engine.

AfroPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AfroPirate
Member since 2008 • 675 Posts

IUCN-7I9I-GSZB-SE44
EB7Q-USR2-8UTJ-4AGC

You can figure out what these are yourselves. Have fun.

c4l1d3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 c4l1d3n
Member since 2011 • 157 Posts

Serious problems over at The War Z.

creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 creaturemagic

IUCN-7I9I-GSZB-SE44
EB7Q-USR2-8UTJ-4AGC

AfroPirate
Where do I use them? How?
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Played 3 hours so far and its not that good.

Atmosphere and combat is not very good at all. It feels very unsatisfying to me.

It has some good ideas, vut its missing the atmosphere, gunplay and fun factor that Dayz is.

Very sloppy in almost ever way ):

Ill stick with Project Zomboid, Dayz and The Walking Dead for my zombie fun.

kozzy1234
I trust your judgement... Damn, disappointing. But I'd like to try it some time anyways because I'm crazy about zombies.
c4l1d3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 c4l1d3n

It's already being infested with people using programs to give them an edge over legit players. It's such a mess...

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Iantheone
[QUOTE="Tixylixx"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

I'm confused then. I'm sure I heard about WarZ before the DayZ mod was out.

'Cept, you didnt.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 James161324

The only major compliant i will note is the community is rubbish, they are far to trigger happy

Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts
How big is the world? Is it a death match if so **** that.
AfroPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AfroPirate
Member since 2008 • 675 Posts

[QUOTE="AfroPirate"]

IUCN-7I9I-GSZB-SE44
EB7Q-USR2-8UTJ-4AGC

creaturemagic

DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

1. StartingOCTOBER 15click here to download game client :http://www.thewarz.com/download

2. Install Game client on your computer

3. Run game client and when prompted to create game account enter your serial number. If you already have expired Beta account, login to your account and enter serial number when prompted.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="creaturemagic"][QUOTE="AfroPirate"]

IUCN-7I9I-GSZB-SE44
EB7Q-USR2-8UTJ-4AGC

AfroPirate

DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

1. StartingOCTOBER 15click here to download game client :http://www.thewarz.com/download

2. Install Game client on your computer

3. Run game client and when prompted to create game account enter your serial number. If you already have expired Beta account, login to your account and enter serial number when prompted.

Tried this for a friend, it asks for an email.... then when I enter the serial it says "Serial and preorder email dont match" :(

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Wait for WarZ.

Plus, Walking Dead FTW :D

DamionV1901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DamionV1901
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

James161324
Don't you expect it to be much better than it is for it to be 2 years in development? They lied! It's been in development for about 6 months and it's a simple mod of WarInc with different UI and some invincible zombies. It might get better, but right now it's a bunch of lies. DayZ kicks it's ass in my opinion. It has a much more intense feeling when getting shot at. Zombies are dangerous, but not invincible. Back to getting shot at; when you're getting shot at in WarZ, the gun shots are either loud, or you can't hear them at all, and you also have a health system, which means it's a certain amount of shots, rather than it's a specific place for some one to die. A heart shot doesn't do anything, a head shot is an immediate kill, but that's for every first person shooter. DayZ, it's different every time, because each limb has a different damage resistance, and there are also PLENTY MORE AMOUNT OF WEAPONS! And, the entire internet doesn't think it's full, everyone knows it's in alpha. It's just really **** for their supposed "2 years in development". Rocket, one man, made a better game in one year, than WarZ, in 2. Now, think again on which beats the other. Obviously from this post, I look like a DayZ fan-boy **** that no one likes, but I don't necessarily care what you say. I
c4l1d3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 c4l1d3n

Speaks truth ^^

creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 creaturemagic
If anyones still interested, I found out about this game http://www.thedeadlinger.com/ the other day. Turns out the website has been up since last year and they have blog posts about 'Dead Linger' from last year, so it's not a copy of Day Z, it's more that two companies had the same sort of idea. Dead linger is in true alpha, meaning it is bugging, things are broken, things aren't done. This isn't some demo, it's an alpha, where the game will change depending on players reactions to different things. Anyway, its a zombie survival game, like all the others, but the maps are procedurally generated, it has a LaN and offline mode as well as 256 player multiplayer, zombies must be hit in the head to die. You can move furniture etc to block doors and build forts. Just check out the website if you are interested http://www.thedeadlinger.com/info, watch the newest alpha update Vlog 4 and see what you think
spencerdawson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 spencerdawson
Member since 2005 • 186 Posts

Got my refund and I couldn't be happier. Bug, glitches, and hackers everywhere. Terrible devs; they actually asked the hackers to just try and hack their game. Idiots....

c4l1d3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 c4l1d3n

Got my refund and I couldn't be happier. Bug, glitches, and hackers everywhere. Terrible devs; they actually asked the hackers to just try and hack their game. Idiots....

spencerdawson

Gratz! The forums are a joke and so is the community manager Pat "Kewk" Bowman. The moderators will perma ban you for asking them legit questions about the game. Many refunds being wanted and requested and I see why when playing this disaster of a so called game. Warning, it's a waste of your time and money.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
Get DayZ. I need a teamate
Lyncaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lyncaster
Member since 2011 • 228 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

FelipeInside
That truly sux. A survival game should be just that, a game where you have to survive in the open. Same thing took the fun out of Diablo 3. Why quest when u can just buy the stuff.

Well realistically, you wouldnt have just been "born" into a world with nothing but some clothes. I'm sure your house had some food.
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

spencerdawson

hackers arent everywhere.. ive yet to even see one and ive been playing since the 15th. the game has gotten so much better with each update

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

[QUOTE="James161324"]

DamionV1901

Don't you expect it to be much better than it is for it to be 2 years in development? They lied! It's been in development for about 6 months and it's a simple mod of WarInc with different UI and some invincible zombies. It might get better, but right now it's a bunch of lies. DayZ kicks it's ass in my opinion. It has a much more intense feeling when getting shot at. Zombies are dangerous, but not invincible. Back to getting shot at; when you're getting shot at in WarZ, the gun shots are either loud, or you can't hear them at all, and you also have a health system, which means it's a certain amount of shots, rather than it's a specific place for some one to die. A heart shot doesn't do anything, a head shot is an immediate kill, but that's for every first person shooter. DayZ, it's different every time, because each limb has a different damage resistance, and there are also PLENTY MORE AMOUNT OF WEAPONS! And, the entire internet doesn't think it's full, everyone knows it's in alpha. It's just really **** for their supposed "2 years in development". Rocket, one man, made a better game in one year, than WarZ, in 2. Now, think again on which beats the other. Obviously from this post, I look like a DayZ fan-boy **** that no one likes, but I don't necessarily care what you say. I

whats up Rocket