Walked into a Gamestop yesterday

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZetA_LatA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ZetA_LatA
Member since 2012 • 114 Posts

And dear god, was it odd. As a pc gamer, buying games in-store is a rare thing for me. In fact it's been about two years since I've been in a gamestopĀ and going into one just felt strange. The reason for my visit was to help one younger than myself get the new BO2 dlc (a title I'm no fan of but I know how it is to be a kid who just wants to play a game yet isn't old enough to buy it - suck it anti-gaming activists).Ā 

Upon entering, it's like I'm back in high school. The same old game racks, same old posters (newer of course but similar principle), used games and unwanted special editions as far as the eye can see, the typical group of teens who make this their second home, and everything else one would expect is gathered together in this confined space. After divining the means of getting the dlc code (which I know is just M$ points but still) we wait in line to check out. Five minutes Ā later we get to the register and I ask the employee for the dlc which I prefer to be printed on the receipt. He then asks if I have a gamestop card which I flatly state no, and after several attempts on his part to persuade my rock-like determination I state that I'm a pc gamer and have no desire to get one to his disdain. Then he proceeds to ask if I want to preorder a game which I once again refuse prompting him to state that I'm 'not a gamer' which I found funny since my rig built solely for the purpose of gaming likely cost several times more than his prebuilt/prepakaged box(es) but not one for confrontation, I pay for the code and leave with an odd feeling in my gut likely from the nostalgic yet unpleasant feeling one gets when looking back on something that's intentionally beenĀ buried in the past. Ā 

Forgive me if this utterly pointless to some but I just felt the need to share as it was so strange to go back and see a place I once use to love (when I was a console gamer many moons ago) in such a different and unappealing light. This was by no means meant to knock anyone who works at gamestop, retail is what it is heh, but if anyone would like to share any similar experiences I'd be more than happy to listen.Ā 

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I got a new rig about a year ago and I went in to Gamestop to buy some games. The last time I played PC games they had a decent selection (several years ago). I was hyped to pick up Battlefield 3. Turned out they didn't have BF3. I was shocked. It's sad... I used to love looking at the deals you could get on old PC games, and for a while I was a bit depressed about it. Hell, even Fry's electronics had a woefully small selection of PC games. Then I experienced my first Steam sale, and I was like, "Wow, this is great." So yeah... the times they are a changin', but I wouldn't want to go back. The idea of physical media seems quaint to me now.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
You should feel terrible about yourself for providing a minor with a prohibited copy of his favorite game. You're a borderline criminal in my books for this. I'm just kidding of course, I felt obligated to troll.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

What the hell did you expect to see in the store?Ā 

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Being a PC gamer (since the 80's) doesn't stop me from playing console games which is why I still go to Gamestop. I may even buy a PC game there on occasion like I did with Far Cry 3.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#6 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Imagine what would happen if new consoles stopped the sale of used games (they probably won't)
Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
The people at the gamestop near my house are actually pretty cool. I go in there to buy 3ds/vita games pretty often.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SKaREO

Being a PC gamer (since the 80's) doesn't stop me from playing console games which is why I still go to Gamestop. I may even buy a PC game there on occasion like I did with Far Cry 3.

jun_aka_pekto
Same here. I still prefer to pick up hard copies of my games when it's convenient. The console market is so much better than the PC market in terms of games that appeal to the target market and business practices that are generally more favorable for customers. PC gaming died a few years ago imho, that's probably why I play more console games than PC games today. It's also why there's a disparity between the number of games available for sale on the PC at a local game shop. I give PC gaming one more generation before people forget about it completely.
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#9 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

The people at gamestop are just employees working a sh*tty job. They have to sell a certain amount of preorders and cards or they get in trouble.

Oh and some of the employees are great. There's one guy who knows a lot about games in the one near my parent's house. He also doesn't care who or what system they're buying for. He helps my mom get good DS games all the time and said Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment are some of his favorite rpgs.

fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fnevaeva
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts
I hope that physical media never stops. It is always nice to have a hard copy of a game in your hands that you know you can bring to a friends. Also, it gives you a means to make a backup of your game disc in case it gets scratched or messed up in the future ; ) It's like buying a book. It feels good in your hands, smells good, and you can lend it to people. You can't do that on an ipad or that other reading device that is out. And who wants to re-download something when you can have a disc?
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Gamestop near me I sh!t you not has 10 PC games and that's it. Among hundreds of console games lol

fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fnevaeva
It's cause gamestop sucks. Best buy is better just to name 1 major retailer.
XiggyTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XiggyTheBeast
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts
U're doing it wrong if you're shopping retail for PC gaming.
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

Gamestop is noobland aka console only people whos knowledge of computers consists of click with mouse and type on facebook with keyboard.Ā 

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cain006

Gamestop is noobland aka console only people whos knowledge of computers consists of click with mouse and type on facebook with keyboard.Ā 

_SKatEDiRt_

Why do you act like they should be so knowledgable about this stuff? They probably make slightly more than minimum wage.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 _SKatEDiRt_

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

cain006

Why do you act like they should be so knowledgable about this stuff? They probably make slightly more than minimum wage.

How much someone makes does not determine intelligence.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cain006

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

_SKatEDiRt_

What does intelligence have to do with this? They're probably just working there temporarily until they find a job they want. Computer skills =/= intelligence.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 _SKatEDiRt_

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

[QUOTE="cain006"]Why do you act like they should be so knowledgable about this stuff? They probably make slightly more than minimum wage.

cain006

What does intelligence have to do with this? They're probably just working there temporarily until they find a job they want. Computer skills =/= intelligence.

Well I am referring to computer intelligence

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cain006

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

_SKatEDiRt_

Dude you're sh*tty at this. Just stop. I won.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 _SKatEDiRt_

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

[QUOTE="cain006"]What does intelligence have to do with this? They're probably just working there temporarily until they find a job they want. Computer skills =/= intelligence.

cain006

Want a cookie? I dont get what you "won"

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
I went into a GS the other week to try and see how much a used Ps3 would cost. Went in, saw a line of like 20 people, mostly mothers with young teen kids. Just nope'd, left and bought a new ps3 from target.
fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fnevaeva
U're doing it wrong if you're shopping retail for PC gaming.XiggyTheBeast
Actually no, cause then you can't copy your game. And what if you play offline and you don't have internet? You're screwed. It's like a book, it's about the feel, smell, and the turning of the pages that makes it feel like it should feel. None of this artificial stuff that can be wiped in a minute. Kinda like cash, people still use it, cause everyone will accept cash and it's physical. There's no room for theft from hackers. And you are able to safegaurd your physical goods lol.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

_SKatEDiRt_

Want a cookie? I dont get what you "won"

what an invigorating debate

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="XiggyTheBeast"]U're doing it wrong if you're shopping retail for PC gaming.fnevaeva
Actually no, cause then you can't copy your game. And what if you play offline and you don't have internet? You're screwed. It's like a book, it's about the feel, smell, and the turning of the pages that makes it feel like it should feel. None of this artificial stuff that can be wiped in a minute. Kinda like cash, people still use it, cause everyone will accept cash and it's physical. There's no room for theft from hackers. And you are able to safegaurd your physical goods lol.

It doesn't matter if the game uses steam or CD-key or online authorization. Ā And most games anymore barely come with a manual, basically just the control scheme. Ā Physical media is dying

fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fnevaeva
But shall never die. I doubt people will succumb to digital only
Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts
But shall never die. I doubt people will succumb to digital onlyfnevaeva
Digital only will probably take over eventually. The only reason you don't hear about it is because the PS3 and Xbox 360 don't have that feature (or at least as far as I know). Buying digitially through the eShop on the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U is actually becoming quite popular. I have no idea of actual figures but I'd argue that digital sales of PC games are higher than retail sales. The market is there, it's just that the Sony and Microsoft consoles don't support it. When they do in this upcoming generation, people will find the convenience in buying digitally. I don't disagree with you. I love having physical copies of things too but now the last PC game I got a physical copy for was Battlefield 3 when it came out. Buying digitally is becoming a far more convenient and much cheaper alternative. Especially here in Australia where our retail prices suck. Also I'd like to say that at EB games (the Australian equivalent to Gamestop I believe) they have a large amount of PC games. The whole back wall at my local one is full of them. They even stock copies of random indie titles like Braid, Limbo etc. They have a very good range, however the pricing is not always great.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Gamestop experiences are funny. I went in there with my ex to get a videogame (Pikmin 2 specfically) for the Wii. They carried just about zero Wii games, and recommended me a Wii-U. Hilarious. These retail business are honestly out of their league. The people who work for these places are idiots.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Man i can remember back in the day when gamespot just had pc games in one area..Atari games in the other area...Than it shifted to nintendo..Pc games still there..Thank valve for steam..Its the best thing thats happen to our platform..Its sad how gamestop neglects us..We can only pre order the new games at gamestop now..If they do have a tiny section for pc games its just that tiny..They sell phones now just like every one else to survive..Quit honestly i cant really blame them they need to survive..Also they sell ipads..Its crazy..Gamestop used to be about just games..Guess if they want to survive they need to do this stuff..Its just what the new market is about..Some are calling a fall in games like the 80s i just cant see it..

Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts

well thankfully here,the pc section is bigger than all the others.the only games i buy digital are indie games that doesnt get a physical release

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jun_aka_pekto

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="SKaREO"] Same here. I still prefer to pick up hard copies of my games when it's convenient. The console market is so much better than the PC market in terms of games that appeal to the target market and business practices that are generally more favorable for customers. PC gaming died a few years ago imho, that's probably why I play more console games than PC games today. It's also why there's a disparity between the number of games available for sale on the PC at a local game shop. I give PC gaming one more generation before people forget about it completely.SKaREO

Gamestop isn't the best place to buy PC games retail. The nearest Walmart and Target both have much bigger PC game shelves. I don't have problems buying most PC games retail. The one exception is the latest Tomb Raider. I can't seem to find the boxed PC version anywhere.

Walmart; another major reason why America is falling into a depression. Again, Walmart buys a lot of their products from overseas in order to undercut their competition. In the long run, many new businesses in America, especially the niche markets like video game retailers, are losing jobs by the minute to megacorporations. Guys, honestly. Wake up. Your country is gonna be so poor you won't be able to buy games in the next ten or twenty years. Be careful what decisions you're making as consumers. It's important to educate yourself of the potential damage to the future of job creation that your decisions carry with them.

Fine.

The nearest Best Buy and all military exchanges have excellent selections of boxed PC games....and Target.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
The last time I was in a Gamestop was to pick up my preordered copies of Guild Wars Nightfall and that was back in 2006.......Damn it has been awhile for me. Didn't realize it til now. I have no desire to set foot in another Gamestop. If I want a retail copy, I order off the net from places like Amazon, Newegg, and eBay.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SKaREO
It's not wonder the Western world is falling into a depression. We're making business choices that directly affects job creation and sustainability. Digital only means less people working the counter, which means a poorer and unhappy America.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jun_aka_pekto

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

SKaREO

Same here. I still prefer to pick up hard copies of my games when it's convenient. The console market is so much better than the PC market in terms of games that appeal to the target market and business practices that are generally more favorable for customers. PC gaming died a few years ago imho, that's probably why I play more console games than PC games today. It's also why there's a disparity between the number of games available for sale on the PC at a local game shop. I give PC gaming one more generation before people forget about it completely.

Gamestop isn't the best place to buy PC games retail. The nearest Walmart and Target both have much bigger PC game shelves. I don't have problems buying most PC games retail. The one exception is the latest Tomb Raider. I can't seem to find the boxed PC version anywhere.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SKaREO

[QUOTE="SKaREO"][QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

jun_aka_pekto

Walmart; another major reason why America is falling into a depression. Again, Walmart buys a lot of their products from overseas in order to undercut their competition. In the long run, many new businesses in America, especially the niche markets like video game retailers, are losing jobs by the minute to megacorporations. Guys, honestly. Wake up. Your country is gonna be so poor you won't be able to buy games in the next ten or twenty years. Be careful what decisions you're making as consumers. It's important to educate yourself of the potential damage to the future of job creation that your decisions carry with them.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

You should feel terrible about yourself for providing a minor with a prohibited copy of his favorite game. You're a borderline criminal in my books for this. I'm just kidding of course, I felt obligated to troll.SKaREO

lol I was going to say! Ā Well as long as the kids parents are ok with it, I don't give a crap. Ā I played M games when I was WAY younger than suggested :P. Ā 

Ā 

PS - gamestop usually sucks and I only go in there for the occasional trade in on games and such, but I have not done that in a few years. Ā Not to mention how stupid so many employees are, spreading their misinformed nonsense.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="fnevaeva"]But shall never die. I doubt people will succumb to digital onlyTwisted14
Digital only will probably take over eventually. The only reason you don't hear about it is because the PS3 and Xbox 360 don't have that feature (or at least as far as I know). Buying digitially through the eShop on the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U is actually becoming quite popular. I have no idea of actual figures but I'd argue that digital sales of PC games are higher than retail sales. The market is there, it's just that the Sony and Microsoft consoles don't support it. When they do in this upcoming generation, people will find the convenience in buying digitally. I don't disagree with you. I love having physical copies of things too but now the last PC game I got a physical copy for was Battlefield 3 when it came out. Buying digitally is becoming a far more convenient and much cheaper alternative. Especially here in Australia where our retail prices suck. Also I'd like to say that at EB games (the Australian equivalent to Gamestop I believe) they have a large amount of PC games. The whole back wall at my local one is full of them. They even stock copies of random indie titles like Braid, Limbo etc. They have a very good range, however the pricing is not always great.

PS3 has it to an extent, but it is not supported as well as 3DS and WiiU. Ā PS4 and Vita are/will be though I believe.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

[QUOTE="fnevaeva"]But shall never die. I doubt people will succumb to digital onlyTwisted14

Ā 

i for one just enjoy having the box to put on my shelf... it's just nice, there's no real describing it other than that.

Ā 

also, i live in alaska and the only company that sells cable internet has usage limitations. downloading games puts a huge dent in my data. If i wan't unlimited data i would have to pay 110 USD a month for a 10mb dsl line.

Ā 

you should check out ozgameshop.com think it's UK based meant to sell games cheap to AUS. I've used it a handful of times to buy square enix games because they decided not to sell physical copies to the us anymore for some reason. I don't know how good of a deal it will be in your area, but prices are significantly less than they are here even for new games and they ship to me for free.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jun_aka_pekto

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="SKaREO"] Walmart; another major reason why America is falling into a depression. Again, Walmart buys a lot of their products from overseas in order to undercut their competition. In the long run, many new businesses in America, especially the niche markets like video game retailers, are losing jobs by the minute to megacorporations. Guys, honestly. Wake up. Your country is gonna be so poor you won't be able to buy games in the next ten or twenty years. Be careful what decisions you're making as consumers. It's important to educate yourself of the potential damage to the future of job creation that your decisions carry with them.SKaREO

Fine.

The nearest Best Buy and all military exchanges have excellent selections of boxed PC games....and Target.

Enjoy your sub-human living conditions in 2020 I guess.

You've never been inside a military exchange here in the US? Okay.

ZetA_LatA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ZetA_LatA
Member since 2012 • 114 Posts

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]You should feel terrible about yourself for providing a minor with a prohibited copy of his favorite game. You're a borderline criminal in my books for this. I'm just kidding of course, I felt obligated to troll.NaveedLife

lol I was going to say! Ā Well as long as the kids parents are ok with it, I don't give a crap. Ā I played M games when I was WAY younger than suggested :P. Ā 

Ā 

PS - gamestop usually sucks and I only go in there for the occasional trade in on games and such, but I have not done that in a few years. Ā Not to mention how stupid so many employees are, spreading their misinformed nonsense.

Lol same here. 007 Goldeneye, Doom, Halo:CE, Unreal, Rainbow Six, etc. Yeah, his parents are cool and such.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SKaREO

jun_aka_pekto

Fine.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

i've always hated gamestop... most likely because of their forced sales vibe. I came into the **** store... i know what i want, ask if i need any help, make some real conversation, or don't say anything to me.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#44 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="SKaREO"] Walmart; another major reason why America is falling into a depression. Again, Walmart buys a lot of their products from overseas in order to undercut their competition. In the long run, many new businesses in America, especially the niche markets like video game retailers, are losing jobs by the minute to megacorporations. Guys, honestly. Wake up. Your country is gonna be so poor you won't be able to buy games in the next ten or twenty years. Be careful what decisions you're making as consumers. It's important to educate yourself of the potential damage to the future of job creation that your decisions carry with them.SKaREO

Fine.

lol so no matter where people buy their games from you have an issue with it.. pretty hilarious.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SKaREO

Fine.

Rattlesnake_8

lol so no matter where people buy their games from you have an issue with it.. pretty hilarious.

The Art of Trolling 101
Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts

[QUOTE="Twisted14"][QUOTE="fnevaeva"]But shall never die. I doubt people will succumb to digital onlyMuD3

Ā 

i for one just enjoy having the box to put on my shelf... it's just nice, there's no real describing it other than that.

Ā 

also, i live in alaska and the only company that sells cable internet has usage limitations. downloading games puts a huge dent in my data. If i wan't unlimited data i would have to pay 110 USD a month for a 10mb dsl line.

Ā 

you should check out ozgameshop.com think it's UK based meant to sell games cheap to AUS. I've used it a handful of times to buy square enix games because they decided not to sell physical copies to the us anymore for some reason. I don't know how good of a deal it will be in your area, but prices are significantly less than they are here even for new games and they ship to me for free.

Yeah I've got a decent collection on my shelf too and I like looking at it but I don't have a lot of money to splurge anymore so I buy at the lowest prices I can find. I've used Ozgameshop before, it's a good site thanks. Zavvi can also be pretty good sometimes too. But I still tend to just use Steam now as well as Green Man Gaming. They always have games at insanely low prices.
sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"][QUOTE="SKaREO"] Enjoy your sub-human living conditions in 2020 I guess.SKaREO

The Art of Trolling 101

Sigh... don't you get tired of trolling every single day... Ā Why don't you try taking a break for a week or how about just staying on systems wars. Ā Isn't systems wars enough?

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

Click on your profile.Ā  Then Click on "Start Your Blog".

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SKaREO

[QUOTE="SKaREO"][QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"] lol so no matter where people buy their games from you have an issue with it.. pretty hilarious.sleepingzzz

The Art of Trolling 101

Sigh... don't you get tired of trolling every single day... Ā Why don't you try taking a break for a week or how about just staying on systems wars. Ā Isn't systems wars enough?

As much as I do love to breeze past SW every so often, I like to call PC gaming my home. Far more intellectually stimulating arguments to engage in on this board.
Boris_Lion_SLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Boris_Lion_SLO
Member since 2009 • 131 Posts

And dear god, was it odd. As a pc gamer, buying games in-store is a rare thing for me. In fact it's been about two years since I've been in a gamestopĀ and going into one just felt strange. The reason for my visit was to help one younger than myself get the new BO2 dlc (a title I'm no fan of but I know how it is to be a kid who just wants to play a game yet isn't old enough to buy it - suck it anti-gaming activists).Ā 

Upon entering, it's like I'm back in high school. The same old game racks, same old posters (newer of course but similar principle), used games and unwanted special editions as far as the eye can see, the typical group of teens who make this their second home, and everything else one would expect is gathered together in this confined space. After divining the means of getting the dlc code (which I know is just M$ points but still) we wait in line to check out. Five minutes Ā later we get to the register and I ask the employee for the dlc which I prefer to be printed on the receipt. He then asks if I have a gamestop card which I flatly state no, and after several attempts on his part to persuade my rock-like determination I state that I'm a pc gamer and have no desire to get one to his disdain. Then he proceeds to ask if I want to preorder a game which I once again refuse prompting him to state that I'm 'not a gamer' which I found funny since my rig built solely for the purpose of gaming likely cost several times more than his prebuilt/prepakaged box(es) but not one for confrontation, I pay for the code and leave with an odd feeling in my gut likely from the nostalgic yet unpleasant feeling one gets when looking back on something that's intentionally beenĀ buried in the past. Ā 

Forgive me if this utterly pointless to some but I just felt the need to share as it was so strange to go back and see a place I once use to love (when I was a console gamer many moons ago) in such a different and unappealing light. This was by no means meant to knock anyone who works at gamestop, retail is what it is heh, but if anyone would like to share any similar experiences I'd be more than happy to listen.Ā 

ZetA_LatA

Ā 

So you want to tell us that you are PC gamer and you download your games?

Ā 

You think you are something more than console gamers? I am pc gamer for almoust 20 years and can tell you that you have nothing to be above console gamers.Ā 

Ā 

How old are you anyway? 12?