lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

I have been playing the latest entry in the series for a few hours now, thanks to a pretty good discount in the Humble Bundle Monthly offering.

I have to say, looking at the visuals and the way the game is handled, that aside from the obvious ''We have to release a new game!'', all of this could have been included as an expansion to Civilization V.

I'm I the only one who feels like this? I don't believe that Firaxis is changing enough of the core components, or enough of the visuals, to rightly charge 60 bucks for this.

I'm enjoying what little changes were brought in, but I would be mad if I had paid full price for this...

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

That cartoonish style totally put me off, and besides I still didn't get bored with Civ V.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I think it's the best Civ at launch ever. I really like the new district system. I'm cool with the new art style.

The DLC prices are a bit too high, but considering how much time I usually put into Civ games it's not a big deal. I probably won't buy them all, but the added Civs are pretty cool in the few I have bought.

Can't wait until the expansion comes out in a few weeks.

I wish the AI were better instead of just starting with a crazy advantage at higher difficulties.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

The AI is not merely schizophrenic, which would be game breaking in it's self, it is also embarrassingly stupid.

The visuals are okay and the music is great. It can be a very chill way to spend a few hours, but it isn't a good strategy game.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Fun, like almost all of Sid Meier's games.

Nothing will top Alpha Centauri, though :D

@pyro1245 said:

I wish the AI were better instead of just starting with a crazy advantage at higher difficulties.

@kittennose said:

The AI is not merely schizophrenic, which would be game breaking in it's self, it is also embarrassingly stupid.

Yeah, but simply building your empire is so much fine, I can overlook that. It might just me I generally play TBS and 4X for empire building, trade, and diplomacy. Not so much for the competitive aspects.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

The game did not work very well on my computer and I don't blame the devs.

For what I have played, it was very good. I don't mind the new art style.

And the thing I prefer the most over CIV5 is the city defence that allow rush in MP now. Just like CIV4. Muuuuuuuuuch better.

Anton__hansen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Anton__hansen
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

I think it's really fun :)

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#9 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@gmak2442 said:

The game did not work very well on my computer and I don't blame the devs.

For what I have played, it was very good. I don't mind the new art style.

And the thing I prefer the most over CIV5 is the city defence that allow rush in MP now. Just like CIV4. Muuuuuuuuuch better.

Have you read about the city-states suzerain system? You can buy their entire army for a fee, for 30 turns. I'm currently running a 500 turns game, against China and India. I don't have a single combat unit, as I was originally going for either a Science or Wonder win, but I have 3 city-states with suzerain status. The continent is swarming with their combat units.

I'm going to win a military victory with zero units of my own... nuts!