Things you absolutely can't stand in your favorite game genre!

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

I must vent out. :p Although I don't really have a "favorite", RPGs. What do I absolutely hate about some RPGs? I hate the parts where you can't control your main character, and the ****ers make you control all your other characters BUT your main character (and of course all those other characters suck ass compared to your main one). Then of course, you have to go on some tedious, drawn-out mission or quest to free him or her. Absolutely makes my head explode everytime, lol.

Games examples:

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VIII
Knights of the Old Republic 2 (maybe the first, but I haven't played that in a couple years).

I could just honestly go without this annoyance and I hope it stops in future game titles.

Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
lack of comedy in a game
Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts

lack of comedy in a gamePoshkidney

Probably what will happen in Fallout 3, compared to one and two anyhow.

sgac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sgac
Member since 2006 • 434 Posts

Hi Fellas

I hate PC Racing games . These daysmost of them, withe exception of Flatout 2 and Trackmania are alltoo hardcore. Why can't there be a game like FORZA Motersport where you buy loads of real cars, do them up and smash them around real tracks, I mean just having plain fun rather than worrying about driving realisticly

underdark944

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 underdark944
Member since 2003 • 1368 Posts

I hate a mandatory checkpoint-save system with no quicksaves in my FPSes.

I hate unskippable cut-scenes and un-believably tough bosses in my RPGes.

I hate missing a curve and having to restart the race because of my lack of skill in my Racing games.

I hate crappy, tacked-on single-player campaigns in my RTSes.

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts
I hate action in adventure games, where have all the great adventure games gone :cry:
OgreB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 OgreB
Member since 2004 • 2523 Posts

No children in games anymore..

I remember in Fallout 2 ....setting the timer on some dynamite( emptying out my inventory except for the dynamite)and then letting those little beggars steal it from me..and then follow them around till they went BOOM!

Teach them to steal from me....ha ha ha !

frizzyman0292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 frizzyman0292
Member since 2007 • 2855 Posts
Lack of iron sights in FPS and the abilityto look down the sights in guns. All FPS need that im glad Cyrsis will have it.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts

Halo. I hate Halo and it's ignorant fanboy following

I hate Final Fantasy VII's ignorant fanboy following as well. I also hate both Cloud and Sephiroth

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts

I must vent out. :p Although I don't really have a "favorite", RPGs. What do I absolutely hate about some RPGs? I hate the parts where you can't control your main character, and the ****ers make you control all your other characters BUT your main character (and of course all those other characters suck ass compared to your main one). Then of course, you have to go on some tedious, drawn-out mission or quest to free him or her. Absolutely makes my head explode everytime, lol.

Games examples:

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VIII
Knights of the Old Republic 2 (maybe the first, but I haven't played that in a couple years).

I could just honestly go without this annoyance and I hope it stops in future game titles.

Skullheart
*ahem* Magus and Frog are the best characters in CT
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts

Hi Fellas

I hate PC Racing games . These daysmost of them, withe exception of Flatout 2 and Trackmania are alltoo hardcore. Why can't there be a game like FORZA Motersport where you buy loads of real cars, do them up and smash them around real tracks, I mean just having plain fun rather than worrying about driving realisticly

sgac
About the "smashing up real cars" part, I think the reason why you'll never see Carmageddon-or-Burnout-level damage on an actual licensed car is because the auto makers don't want their vehicles to appear unsafe. As for most of them being hardcore sims...well, I can't say anything about that, though I have heard that titles like GTR2, rFactor, LFS, etc. put Forza and Gran Turismo to shame in sheer realism. (The PC side of gaming could use another Carmageddon or Burnout, though.) Back on topic-what really irks me about my favorite game genres: -FPSs are often far too linear and scripted. There are titles like Bioshock and Crysis that try to turn over this trend somewhat, but I want to see more FPS/RPG hybrids ala The Elder Scrolls series(only with better FPS-style combat, RPG elements done right, and not so many bloody medieval fantasy settings!). -Most RPGs don't have anything happen unless you set off some sort of hidden trigger which makes things happen. For instance, in TESIV: Oblivion, you keep getting told about the Daedra invasion, but what do those Daedra do? They just linger around the portals waiting for player characters to show up instead of heading to the villages and cities and raising some hell! (That is, unless you actually follow the main quest to the point where the Imperial City gets attacked, but that counts as setting off one of those hidden triggers in my book.) They ought to implement a sort of "dynamic campaign" system where various factions gain and lose influence over certain parts of the game world, and it's clearly not too much for modern technology because combat flight simulators have had dynamic campaigns for several years! -Why do most games with vehicles-especially FPSs like Battlefield, as well as the last three GTA games(five if you include the PSP titles)-just have canned damage effects? And why will a car explode if you shoot the fender, wheel, or door instead of the gas tank? I want to see more Carmageddon-or-Burnout-style impact deformation damage where vehicles dynamically deform depending on where they get hit, and I don't want to see vehicles explode from getting shot in arbitrary areas like the windshield, doors, fenders, wheels, etc.! (Crysis is going to at least have component vehicle damage, which could resolve one of those issues, but I still don't know about the dynamic impact deformation part.)
MasterAurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MasterAurelius
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

The mandatory checkpoint thing mentioned above really grinds my gears...even though it may be more realistic....it's a video game...and there's a life outside that may call me away for half an hour or so lol.

Not really the games fault but Team Killers...or games with no punishment system for tking...guys who just stand at a spawn point and kill you every time and they're ON YOUR TEAM. Ahhhh thats annoying.

bigmacksax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bigmacksax
Member since 2003 • 65 Posts
Unskippable cut scenes were already mentioned, but anytime you come to one of those insanely and frustratingly difficult sections of a game and have to watch a cutsceneover and overbefore trying again.
Monowa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Monowa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
For FPS'es and RPG's for me, i would have to say i cant stand the lack of customization. I like to be able to have some control as to what the protaganist is named or looks like.
jazilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#16 jazilla
Member since 2005 • 2320 Posts

I can't stand games where I can't skip cutscenes

I absolutely loathe games with awful camera systems.

I hate bad voice acting or characters whose lips don't match the words they are speaking.

FPS's that give you a great gun in the last level of a game.

RTS's that don't give me something new.

RPG's with dwarves, elves, wizards, and Warriors.

Games that last under 20 hours.

Games that last under 40 hours too come to think of it.

Knowing that the new crop of DX10 games will be laggy even on my 320 MB 8800 GTS OC and I will have to buy a new card less than a year after I bought this one for the games that shouldn't be laggy on it.

estraka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 estraka
Member since 2003 • 54 Posts

RPG's: 1. Final boss battles with multiple, ever increasingly powerful, personas of the same boss character. 2. Really long, drawn out magical spells that takes half a minute to draw forth comets from the sky to smash your enemy for... 40 pts of damage??!! 3. Those goddamn random encounters every 3 steps you take! I mean, come on, if you wanted to add more hours of play, do it intellegently and if you want to be able to give your characters opportunities for levelling up, give xp for doing intellegent stuff rather than just killing monsters!

FPS: killing a bad guy and not being able to take their weapons or ammo!!!!

Lord_Tigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18 Lord_Tigger
Member since 2002 • 228 Posts

I hate how the only place you'll find a real medieval setting is in strategy games. Action and RPG games always mix fantasy and magic like the Thief series. I'm pumped about the new Assassins Creed (who isn't?) but it concerns me greatly that there's some sort of mysticism surrounding the overall plot. Can't we just have a game to play a 1st person medieval assassin? The up and coming Pirates of the Burning Sea MMORPG has a pure historical setting in the 18th century, so why not more games like this? How many more WoW and LotR settings do we need?

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

RPG's with dwarves, elves, wizards, and Warriors.jazilla

what don't you like about them

Chairman-Yin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chairman-Yin
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

i hate games that are not fun.

this applys to all genres.

MasterAurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MasterAurelius

I hate how the only place you'll find a real medieval setting is in strategy games. Action and RPG games always mix fantasy and magic like the Thief series. I'm pumped about the new Assassins Creed (who isn't?) but it concerns me greatly that there's some sort of mysticism surrounding the overall plot. Can't we just have a game to play a 1st person medieval assassin? The up and coming Pirates of the Burning Sea MMORPG has a pure historical setting in the 18th century, so why not more games like this? How many more WoW and LotR settings do we need?

Lord_Tigger

I agree with Tigger, there aren't a lot of big budget MMO's or Action RPG's that are completely realistic and I would like to see that also. Sooner or later, if it's not based on some previous thing, everything starts to look the same. You can kind of see it happening already. I wonder if the average gamer could take a group of enviro screenshots from WoW, Warhammer Online, Guild Wars, Neverwinter Nights etc and place the game title to the appropriate shot. I would really like a big budget, realistic setting MMO with real weapons and items...it might screw with the class system a bit but I think it would be interestin to meld classes like real life. Just off the top of my head there could be Knights, Priests (healers), Thiefs, Merchants, Yeoman...of course it all depends on the setting of the game. Having real-life landmarks and real-life events happen in game would be awesome. There could even be historical characters in-game. Wow...my mind is racing a mile a minute. Well...thats my two cents.

Questlove711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Questlove711
Member since 2006 • 700 Posts

I hate that Dynasty Warriors has like 15 games that are all the same. DO SOMETHING NEW!

Oh, and I hate when RPG's don't let me customize my characters very much. And I hate RTS's that have horrible single player options.

sword133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sword133
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I can't stand when the ai is being an idiot. I usally get really mad when my ally ai does something absolutely ridiculous.
Drizzt13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Drizzt13
Member since 2005 • 1676 Posts
I'm growing tired of having workers collect resources. I hope the Dawn of War and CoH system of resources stay.
wop9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wop9
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Games that present a really great design/game play concept then give you just a taste of it... sucks.

RTS's that don't have building options. COH hit the spot with just the right balance.

-Ruffio-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Ruffio-

RPG - when you lose a character either because they die in the story and are gone forever or even just lost or something stupid like in FF7 and they were your favorite/best. i just killed a guy and i can visualy see that he is holding an axe and sheild etc and when i loot him they arent there WTF!?. lack of customization or gear.

FPS - rediculusly overpowered or underpowered guns. bad multiplayer... lets face it multiplayer is one of the reasons why fps are so fun.

Racing - i just went 4657687980mp/h into a wall and not even a scratch?

Impulsive20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Impulsive20
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts
any game that uses magic and spells...pfft
Impulsive20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Impulsive20
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts
games with magic and spells....pfft
BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts

For shooters, I hate some of the trends that I've seen in recent years. Namely taking some of the better parts from shooters that work, replicating them poorly and then not adding anything substantive to bridge those elements. Where I see this mainly occuring is in level design through small setpeices. Most of this seems to be for milking a small playable area as long as you can before making the player run down some small path to the next area to be milked. It's not exciting watching NPCs bounce over the wall while some guy on the comm tells you more baddies have just entered the area.

The other thing is obnoxious radio chatter. Unless you're going to use humor for teammate chatter, or you're UT using scripted trash talking, I'd rather NPCs stick to reporting information only a la Tom Clancy games. "Tango down" and that sort of thing.

I could name a bunch for RPGs, but my complaints generally center around a lot of the JRPG staples that have been around for years, like long unskippable cutscenes; long tedious boss fights (especially if there's no save point immediately before it); and other various techniques to corral the player into some direction/action the game designers want you to take. How is that even role-playing?

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#31 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

few things are annoying or lack in rpgs:

- in RPG console games playing as characters who look like children

- monsters that level up as you level up... Oblivion was annoying cause of this

- random battles

- crappy loot

- the lack of nudity. i want plenty, i need plenty

- crappy endings

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Skullheart
[QUOTE="Skullheart"]

Games examples:

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VIII

fs_metal

*ahem* Magus and Frog are the best characters in CT

Lol truthfully, I had no use for Frog or Magus. I ended up using Crono Marle and Lucca in the end (and spammed the tripple tech on him, making him no challenge).

...actually, I killed Magus ;D

Smudge_Smill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Smudge_Smill
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts

My favourite genre used to be RTSs easily, but these days, I'm really enjoying my FPSs.

My gripe with RTSs is that for the most part, the races are kept far too similar. That's the reason why Starcraft and Dawn of War are such great RTSs, because each race is almost completely different (with the exception of Space Marines and Chaos in DoW).
RTSs also have a bad habit of attracting serial rushers online, which (the way I play) isn't very fun, because either you succeed, and you win, or you fail, and then you're screwed.
One last thing that I'm really sad not to have seen in RTSs is the "team melee" option in Starcraft multiplayer, where several players can control the same army, which really makes it interesting, and forces the teams to work together (as well as eliminating BSing (backstabbing))

My gripe with FPSs is not that they're all too similar, which I find most people complain about. The thing I don't like in FPSs is the repetitiveness of the games themselves. What I mean is that with the exception of a couple of games, you usually end up with most of the good weapons within the first hour of playing, and for the rest of the storyline, all you do is come up against the same guys over and over again, but in a different setting. That's the reason why I really like the idea of having bosses and minibosses in games (like Painkiller, Gears of War or Ninja Gaiden Black (for Xbox)).
My second whinge about FPSs is the online. I bought HL2 with the intention of playing online, but got so bored of it for a couple of reasons:
1. Way too few maps. Or if the game does actually have plenty of maps, online players usually stick to only 2 or 3 of their 'favourite' maps, which adds to the repetitiveness of the whole experience.
2. Bots/hacks/cheats - these have absolutely destroyed many-a-FPS
3. Team play is never focussed upon much. That's one main reason why I love playing Call of Duty 2 at LANs, because of the teamplay.

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Skullheart

My favourite genre used to be RTSs easily, but these days, I'm really enjoying my FPSs.

My gripe with RTSs is that for the most part, the races are kept far too similar. That's the reason why Starcraft and Dawn of War are such great RTSs, because each race is almost completely different (with the exception of Space Marines and Chaos in DoW).
RTSs also have a bad habit of attracting serial rushers online, which (the way I play) isn't very fun, because either you succeed, and you win, or you fail, and then you're screwed.
One last thing that I'm really sad not to have seen in RTSs is the "team melee" option in Starcraft multiplayer, where several players can control the same army, which really makes it interesting, and forces the teams to work together (as well as eliminating BSing (backstabbing))

My gripe with FPSs is not that they're all too similar, which I find most people complain about. The thing I don't like in FPSs is the repetitiveness of the games themselves. What I mean is that with the exception of a couple of games, you usually end up with most of the good weapons within the first hour of playing, and for the rest of the storyline, all you do is come up against the same guys over and over again, but in a different setting. That's the reason why I really like the idea of having bosses and minibosses in games (like Painkiller, Gears of War or Ninja Gaiden Black (for Xbox)).
My second whinge about FPSs is the online. I bought HL2 with the intention of playing online, but got so bored of it for a couple of reasons:
1. Way too few maps. Or if the game does actually have plenty of maps, online players usually stick to only 2 or 3 of their 'favourite' maps, which adds to the repetitiveness of the whole experience.
2. Bots/hacks/cheats - these have absolutely destroyed many-a-FPS
3. Team play is never focussed upon much. That's one main reason why I love playing Call of Duty 2 at LANs, because of the teamplay.

Smudge_Smill

Yeah, I'm actually getting tired of FPS titles now myself. However, I will still continue to play them in faith that one or two future titles will be revolutionary. All first person shooters really need is some innovative, immersive storylines that you can just jump right into.

pdkkbarnes1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pdkkbarnes1
Member since 2003 • 391 Posts
With shooter games, I hate it when you clear an area, then have enemies magically respawn behind you.
ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ikwal
Member since 2004 • 1600 Posts

I hate Halo and anyone who likes Halo.

I hate it in FPS games when you get full health after hiding for 5 secs, takes away to fun of trying to make it to the next medkit with 5hp left.

lilriceboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lilriceboy
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts

I am just generally pissed at how the PC platform SEVERELY lacks some decent RPGs. The only notable ones currently is the Oblivion family of RPGs, the Final Fantasy 7 & 8 and the action RPGs like Dungeon Siege. I would like to see another engrossing RPG that delivers a supurb story, intense gameplay and gorgeous graphics and soundtrack. But am I asking too much?

lil.riceboy

Hondo189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hondo189
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts
Probably my biggest pet peeve is crappy camera controls and bad voice acting
marc5477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 marc5477
Member since 2005 • 388 Posts

I hate:

- lack of good plot & dialog be it spoken or text in games that have such a thing
- annoying voice acting... if youre going to do it do it 100% right or just use text
- Games with retarded AI. In 1st person games, this kills immersion completely
- unskippable cutscenes
- Spending all the dev money on eye candy rather than gameplay
- Linear RPG's... these are actually misnomers. A linear RPG is really an adventure game not an RPG
- Nippon Ichi and their pathetic money making schemes on tactic games... same game different box
- Related to the above, making a cheap sequal just to milk money from the popularity of the previous game rather than try to improve on or make a better game.
- Buggy games... too many lately have been unplayable out of box. This is unacceptable.
- Poor cameras
- Excessive copy protection. None of them work anyway so why make it hard on real customers?

PuRe_CaNaDiaN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PuRe_CaNaDiaN_
Member since 2003 • 204 Posts

RPGs -I hate how when I enter a cave all of the enemies are conveniently spaced apart and can't hear more than 20 metres away. Also, how enemies never actually try to run away from you. They might move like 10 feet away and then continue to attack, but they'll never leave the premises. Seriously, if you're the look out bandit, why are you trying to attack that bada$$ when you could run into the cave and get everyone to help you?

RPGs again - dialogue "trees" that always lead to the same conclusion.

FPS -How the first couple of levels are really sweet and full of cinematic action, but the rest (especially between the 1/3 and 3/4 marks) is fairly generic killing the enemygameplayand any plot is advanced via communications devices (comm, radio, etc.).

Action RPGs - How all the fights are of the stand beside him and swing variety. While blocks are calculated and such, the fights never look like 2 things reacting to each others' actions.

RPGs and FPS - HITPOINTS! Seriously, can we move on from this hitpoint system and go onto more brutal one hit kills, or body based damage. Just please, disguise the damn hitpoints/health bar.

(edit add) RTS - Braindead soldiers! Honestly, do I have to control every little detail for you? CoH did a good job of this, where they'll auto find cover and such. But, seriously, if you've been hit 50 times, can't you figure out to move out of the freaking fight! I know it's possible, I game released way back in the day called Warzone 2100 had the feature! Sure, micro has it's place in some games (thinking of SC and War3), but does every game need to leave it like that?

anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 anandram
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

I hate action in adventure games, where have all the great adventure games gone :cry:SimpJee

Yea...broken sword was a cool adventure game...they dont really make em anymore, but there are a few decent ones still out there....let me know if you find em :lol:........:?

huytttr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 huytttr
Member since 2007 • 816 Posts

Well i cant stand the dumb tacked on single player in most rts and i cant stand the food cap in my favorite rts game warcraft 3.

"Who do u want me to kill?"

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts
I seriously hate that every new RPG coming out (or announced) seems to be an "action-rpg". Are there any companies still making real role-playing games? This move towards mindless and dumbed-down click-fests has become very annoying. I'm tired of reinstalling games from 1998 just so I can get my RPG fix.
fatboyvinnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#44 fatboyvinnie
Member since 2003 • 762 Posts
Short single player campaigns and in game advertisements in FPS games
Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#45 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

Someone mentioned overly tough boss fights already, but I would say more specifically overly tough boss fights that require some special trick to defeat that you can only discover by going to some cheat website and reading the walkthrough.

Platearmor_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Platearmor_6
Member since 2004 • 2817 Posts

I seriously hate that every new RPG coming out (or announced) seems to be an "action-rpg". Are there any companies still making real role-playing games? This move towards mindless and dumbed-down click-fests has become very annoying. I'm tired of reinstalling games from 1998 just so I can get my RPG fix.-wildflower-

I always prefered Action RPGs to turn based. But now turn based have disapeared I'm actualy missing them. Infact I was about to instal KoTOR and play through that again.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts

I am just generally pissed at how the PC platform SEVERELY lacks some decent RPGs. The only notable ones currently is the Oblivion family of RPGs, the Final Fantasy 7 & 8 and the action RPGs like Dungeon Siege. I would like to see another engrossing RPG that delivers a supurb story, intense gameplay and gorgeous graphics and soundtrack. But am I asking too much?

lil.riceboy

lilriceboy
I wonder how you managed to overlook Fallout 1 and 2, Baldur's Gate I and II, and Planescape: Torment from your list of "notable PC RPGs", as well as the Ultima and Wizardry series. Not that I can say I've played most of them(just Fallout 1 of that entire list, though I own BGII and have played a demo of Wizardry 8 ), but the PC has many RPGs worth looking into(unless you're talking about really early Ultima or Wizardry titles, where you're better off getting Amiga versions or something else OTHER than the IBM PC version).
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

this goes for all genres:-

(1) unskippable cutscenes

(2) too much backtracking

(3) if there is too much repetitiveness ( like in a rpg same type of quests, in a fps same type of levels etc)

elmertheowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 elmertheowl
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts

What really sticks in my craw is games that have not been optimized (Oblivion, STALKER. Don't make my PC feel older than it is, I can handle you two just fine!), or have bugs (KOTOR II, I have to download fan made fixes to not be permanently stuck?!), or don't work when they first come out and you have to wait month's to actually play it (Black & White 2, choppy beyond belief till they released a patch for Nvidia cards. Mafia, awesome game, but I got it when it came out and it wouldn't work, I had to wait a long time till they fixed that one).

Needless to say, I have figued out to not buy games till they have been reviewed by a reputable source, and no ones complaining about stuff going wrong.

Vito25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Vito25
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

I hate the fact that mmo's have taken over. What could of been great single player RPG open ended game settings have been turned into mmo grind fests, ie. Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, WarHammer, Conan..... These all could of been great games, now they are just annoying.