The Witcher 2.... not that Great...?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
[QUOTE="Cloud567kar"]

Personally I liked the combat.

SapSacPrime
Same here after the second patch I think it was, before that it was a little slow to dodge or block... I think the people still having issues with that need to drop the settings or something because I didn't have any problems. The Zero Punctuation review is actually pretty funny for TW2 :D even though he does fall over himself with contradictions from one review to another :P.

he only played the first chapter of the game, which is a great disservice even by ZP standards. His reviews are funny but TW2 one was terribly uniformed.
cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 cfstar
Member since 2009 • 1979 Posts
I Disagree. In my opinion, this game deserves the praise that it's getting.
cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 cfstar
Member since 2009 • 1979 Posts

Some people just have trouble dealing with it.

I can waste time prowling random reviews for qoutes too...but I don't think I care about this discussion or what reviewers like Jim Sterling have to say.

GeneralShowzer
or you simply have problems dealing with opinions. no wait, remove the "OR". you DO have problems dealing with Opinions.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#54 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="Moriarity_"][QUOTE="millerlight89"]Yea the locations are nice to look at, but boring other wise. What really killed it for me was the completely TERRIBLE 3rd act. I mean absolutely dreadful that act is. Nothing to do, nothing to see, it's short and the final boss battle if you so choose to do is a complete letdown. Let's not forget the ending and how pitiful that is. It's a good game and I wouldn't bag on this game so much if it didn't disappointment oh so much.FelipeInside
I'm not sure what ending you got but I actually didn't have much of a problem with the ending other than it being a cliffhanger. I will however agree that the final boss battle is a bit disappointing and that the 3rd act was way too short and there was way too little to do in it. Hopefully they release some dlc or something to make it feel more like the 3rd act instead a short epilogue.

Well I can't comment on this because i believe I'm still on Act 2 I don't mind cliffhanger endings though, Witcher 1 had it too....

Some cliffhangers are actually done well. Yes, I said it. :P TW2's cliffhanger in particular was downright awful. :P
abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
Worst thing about the game is the combat which I completely hated..
Mehdi-Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#56 Mehdi-Y
Member since 2008 • 1028 Posts

I liked everything about TW2 :roll:

Awesome game and definitely the best RPG this genereation.

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#57 Theguy56
Member since 2003 • 1379 Posts

The combat is awesome and looks to be even better with Tomorrow's patch.

Guess RPG gamers prefer the slow, dice-based combat.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Theguy56
Uhh, it's the crap sluggish, shallow, chunkiness that I hate.. not slower and More terrible.
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

Theguy56
I like slower more tactical rpgs more then action rpg's. But TW2 is a awesome action rpg one of the best ever made.
Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Theguy56
[QUOTE="Theguy56"]

Inconsistancy
Uhh, it's the crap sluggish, shallow, chunkiness that I hate.. not slower and More terrible.

Think tomorrow's patch fixes the sluggishness.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#61 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="Theguy56"]

KalDurenik

I like slower more tactical rpgs more then action rpg's. But TW2 is a awesome action rpg one of the best ever made.

Cosign, usually I like slower tactical combat more then action combat for my rpgs but man I really do enjoy Witcher2's combat. Cant wait to see how its improved in 2.0 also.

pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts

Well I can say I agree with you on some of those points and noticed them too but imo those ones are minor issues that don't detract it from being a great game like you say.

I am surprised though of all those points you didn't mention the targeting system.

I don't think there is anything wrong with points you raised, its nice to see an honest opinion of a game even if it differs from someone else who doesn't agree with them. You can like a game but still able to spot its flaws. I'd rather take this than a completely one sided view like a game being completely terrible with no redeeming qualities or being the best game ever with no issues at all.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#63 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

Some people just have trouble dealing with it.

I can waste time prowling random reviews for qoutes too...but I don't think I care about this discussion or what reviewers like Jim Sterling have to say.

cfstar

or you simply have problems dealing with opinions. no wait, remove the "OR". you DO have problems dealing with Opinions.

You bumped the thread for this? Go to bed Skyward.

Besides I'm not the one that started laughing at other peoples oppinions. Played all the noteworthy ones (PC and Console) and I think it's the best RPG this gen ( For me)

Dealdo with it.

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

while the story and quests so far are great, the controls, combat and menus have really turned me off, I've tried with a keyboard and controller, but it still seems wierd. perhaps I'll gve it another try after a few more patches or the console release.

clunky to the extreme.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

while the story and quests so far are great, the controls, combat and menus have really turned me off, I've tried with a keyboard and controller, but it still seems wierd. perhaps I'll gve it another try after a few more patches or the console release.

clunky to the extreme.

BlackDevil99
I actually think the story fell off after the 2nd chapter, and seemed to start a whole new story with the kings curse crap, I lost interest at that point and have never finished the game. Seems to be no more of a rpg then ME2, which gets bashed here all the time by everyone, at least it had fantastic gameplay, playing as a Vanguard was awesome and very fun, cant say the same for the witchers combat, it wasnt bad, just not that fun
Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Theguy56
[QUOTE="BlackDevil99"]

clunky to the extreme.

Advid-Gamer
I actually think the story fell off after the 2nd chapter, and seemed to start a whole new story with the kings curse crap, I lost interest at that point and have never finished the game. Seems to be no more of a rpg then ME2, which gets bashed here all the time by everyone, at least it had fantastic gameplay, playing as a Vanguard was awesome and very fun, cant say the same for the witchers combat, it wasnt bad, just not that fun

In my opinion, ME2 played like a poor third person shooter. Witcher 2 plays like an action game, which I highly enjoy.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts
[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="BlackDevil99"]

clunky to the extreme.

Theguy56

In my opinion, ME2 played like a poor third person shooter. Witcher 2 plays like an action game, which I highly enjoy.

Nope, dont think so, I love the hell out of gears, the best 3rd person there is, and playing as the vanguard was just as fun. Me2 is the "cool" game to hate on now, and bioware is garbage because of DA2, its a big load of bs
BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

[QUOTE="BlackDevil99"]

clunky to the extreme.

Advid-Gamer

I haven't gotten that far, so can't coment

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Theguy56

[QUOTE="Theguy56"][QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"] I actually think the story fell off after the 2nd chapter, and seemed to start a whole new story with the kings curse crap, I lost interest at that point and have never finished the game. Seems to be no more of a rpg then ME2, which gets bashed here all the time by everyone, at least it had fantastic gameplay, playing as a Vanguard was awesome and very fun, cant say the same for the witchers combat, it wasnt bad, just not that funAdvid-Gamer

Nope, dont think so, I love the hell out of gears, the best 3rd person there is, and playing as the vanguard was just as fun. Me2 is the "cool" game to hate on now, and bioware is garbage because of DA2, its a big load of bs

I didn't say I didn't like ME2 but for shooting mechanics I much preferred Gears. Maybe I'll try the Vanguard.

Also, I don't really see ME2 being hated here.