TESO, what's the verdict?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Is the game worth the $60 purchase and the ensuing monthly fees? I'm deciding on my next purchase and right now I'm stuck between purchasing Diablo 3 and the recent expansion or TESO.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

I got to lvl 35 in the beta.The tutorial level and lvl 1-10 aren't hot but past that mark I had a blast.

People need to stop judging it based on the early levels.
They made the starter zones optional because they were just fetch quests meant to baby you to the mmo genre. The first islands isn't much different but the game really gets better.

I think its worth the money but I know this game has a lot of unjustified hate everywhere.

Hopefully this will be the game I play for a long time. I been getting bored of a lot of different games.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

I won't be purchasing. Played 2 of the betas and felt no desire to play the 3rd. I might pick it up again when it goes Free to Play.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I enjoyed my time with the Beta even though I'm sure I didn't even scratch the bottom of its potential. Nevertheless, I just can't pay a monthly fee in the long-run. I'll probably make the most out of it for a month or two before waiting for it to go free-to-play.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@ferrari2001:

they have made a lot of changes recently. Did you play the last weekend beta? I had no desire to get it until the last two weekend betas. I really had a lot of fun with it so I bought the imperial edition. .... can't wait for launch. To me it feels very different than all the wow clones we have gotten. Can't wait.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@Kjranu said:

Is the game worth the $60 purchase and the ensuing monthly fees? I'm deciding on my next purchase and right now I'm stuck between purchasing Diablo 3 and the recent expansion or TESO.

not worth it. game is horrible. worst combat i have seen in an MMO since the early days of the genre.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cyloninside

@johnd13 said:

I enjoyed my time with the Beta even though I'm sure I didn't even scratch the bottom of its potential. Nevertheless, I just can't pay a monthly fee in the long-run. I'll probably make the most out of it for a month or two before waiting for it to go free-to-play.

people like this blow my mind.

"i just cant pay a monthly fee".... but you can drop 60 dollars a month on a new game.

people get way too hung up on the reoccurring payment thing.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@cyloninside said:

@johnd13 said:

"i just cant pay a monthly fee".... but you can drop 60 dollars a month on a new game.

People mean it in a way that they won't play enough to warrant the $15 a month, not that they can't afford it.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@BSC14 said:

@ferrari2001:

they have made a lot of changes recently. Did you play the last weekend beta? I had no desire to get it until the last two weekend betas. I really had a lot of fun with it so I bought the imperial edition. .... can't wait for launch. To me it feels very different than all the wow clones we have gotten. Can't wait.

yes I played some of last weeks beta, noticed they still had many of the same bugs that they can't seem to fix, as well as the shitty combat then stopped playing.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cyloninside

@reaper4278 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@johnd13 said:

People mean it in a way that they won't play enough to warrant the $15 a month, not that they can't afford it.

Agreed. I like to play multiple games at once. With a sub I feel like I HAVE to spend tons of time in that particular game, and all that does in burn me out on it.

why do you feel that way? you spend more going out to dinner ONCE, than you do paying to play a game for an entire month. 15 dollars is NOTHING.

even if you only played 15 hours in an entire month.... that is still by far the cheapest cost per hour you will find for ANY videogame. 15 hour singleplayer game for 60 dollars = 4 dollars per hour. 15 hours a month on an MMO for 15 dollars= 1 dollar per hour. even if you only paid 40 dollars for the singleplayer game, which you can do quite easily for most PC games these days thanks to deals, you are still paying almost 3 times as much per hour than you do to play that MMO.

why do people think they have to play 100 hours a month to make the 15 dollars worth it? you spend FAR MORE MONEY per hour playing a singleplayer game, and people dont seem to be batting an eye at it. the logic that "i feel like i have to play SO MUCH to make it worth it" is just idiotic. there is no logical reason to feel that way when you are paying 40-60 dollars for 15 hour singleplayer games.

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

I was very positive about it when most people were negative, that was until I tried the beta, nothing new really it is an MMO with nothing new to offer other than the beautiful world of Tamriel imo. If people are still into MMO fetch questing 100 yards from the questgiver and back into eternity, then by all means, you will probably find it intriguing. I was hoping Zenimax would be a little more creative. So no, I will skip it and wait for Bethesda Game Studios to do something great.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

I disliked it when I played the first beta. Not saying it's as bad as it was then now, but I am still playing GW2, and can't afford the time for another MMO on top of work and school. So, no.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside

@cyloninside said:

@reaper4278 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@johnd13 said:

Agreed. I like to play multiple games at once. With a sub I feel like I HAVE to spend tons of time in that particular game, and all that does in burn me out on it.

why do you feel that way? you spend more going out to dinner ONCE, than you do paying to play a game for an entire month. 15 dollars is NOTHING.

even if you only played 15 hours in an entire month.... that is still by far the cheapest cost per hour you will find for ANY videogame. 15 hour singleplayer game for 60 dollars = 4 dollars per hour. 15 hours a month on an MMO for 15 dollars= 1 dollar per hour. even if you only paid 40 dollars for the singleplayer game, which you can do quite easily for most PC games these days thanks to deals, you are still paying almost 3 times as much per hour than you do to play that MMO.

why do people think they have to play 100 hours a month to make the 15 dollars worth it? you spend FAR MORE MONEY per hour playing a singleplayer game, and people dont seem to be batting an eye at it. the logic that "i feel like i have to play SO MUCH to make it worth it" is just idiotic. there is no logical reason to feel that way when you are paying 40-60 dollars for 15 hour singleplayer games.

Don't think it actually has to do with the cost, most people can afford the $15 a month. It's comparing a sub MMO with other games. It all comes down to personal preference of course, but there are MMOs out there right now for free, as well as great deals on SP games. So for someone with limited time, it's not worth investing in a sub MMO with so many other cheaper options.

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@johnd13 said:

15 bucks a month though. My hair paste costs double that.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside

@Prexxus said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@johnd13 said:

Read my second post.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cyloninside

@FelipeInside said:

@Prexxus said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@johnd13 said:

Read my second post.

there are zero F2P MMOs out there that are worth playing over a subscription based MMO.

honestly people need to just forget that ESO exists and buy Wildstar. it is going to be the only MMO worth playing this year.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Prexxus said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@johnd13 said:

I enjoyed my time with the Beta even though I'm sure I didn't even scratch the bottom of its potential. Nevertheless, I just can't pay a monthly fee in the long-run. I'll probably make the most out of it for a month

Read my second post.

there are zero F2P MMOs out there that are worth playing over a subscription based MMO. PERSONAL OPINION 1

honestly people need to just forget that ESO exists and buy Wildstar. it is going to be the only MMO worth playing this year. PERSONAL OPINION 2

Fixed that for you.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Prexxus said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@johnd13 said:

I enjoyed my time with the Beta even though I'm sure I didn't even scratch the bottom of its potential. Nevertheless, I just can't pay a monthly fee in the long-run. I'll probably make the most out of it for a month

Read my second post.

there are zero F2P MMOs out there that are worth playing over a subscription based MMO. PERSONAL OPINION 1

honestly people need to just forget that ESO exists and buy Wildstar. it is going to be the only MMO worth playing this year. PERSONAL OPINION 2

Fixed that for you.

Hahahaha Felipe... :P

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Prexxus said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@johnd13 said:

Read my second post.

there are zero F2P MMOs out there that are worth playing over a subscription based MMO.

honestly people need to just forget that ESO exists and buy Wildstar. it is going to be the only MMO worth playing this year.

I was actually more excited for Wildstar then I was for ESO but after playing both beta's I ended up pre-ordering ESO and I don't have any urge to ever touch Wildstar again.

I'm not saying Wildstar is bad, it just wasn't for me. I hope both MMO's do well though, I hate F2P games and would like to see subs stick around a while.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BSC14

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Prexxus said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@johnd13 said:

Read my second post.

Fixed that for you.

Agree.....I really like the combat myself.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cyloninside

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Prexxus said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@johnd13 said:

Read my second post.

Fixed that for you.

not opinion. F2P is a scourge on gaming right now, and just fosters the self entitled bullshit opinion of current gen gamers that they should constantly get something for nothing.

there is a reason games go F2P... its because they arent good. the only way they can sustain a playerbase is if they dont charge anything, atleast initially. that is the hallmark of a low quality product.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

Fixed that for you.

not opinion. F2P is a scourge on gaming right now, and just fosters the self entitled bullshit opinion of current gen gamers that they should constantly get something for nothing.

there is a reason games go F2P... its because they arent good. the only way they can sustain a playerbase is if they dont charge anything, atleast initially. that is the hallmark of a low quality product.

Again, personal opinion. There are a lot of good F2P games out there, and some of them are even more successful (money-wise) when they went that route. I'm not talking about MMOs only.

Saying that, for me personally I still prefer the sub based MMO, because I prefer everything inside the game that you have to obtain playing it, not buying it. I just wonder why it's still $15 a month? It's been like that for 15 years. Server hardware is a lot cheaper now so surely they could make it $5-$10 x month.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

We're at the end of the second generation of MMORPGs. We can see that with games such as Star Citizen and Everquest Next. That's why many people are discounting games like Wildstar and The Elder Scrolls Online. In fact, ESO started development almost 5 years ago. That has definitely impacted the direction Zenimax went with the game. I personally think that ESO does a very good job of bringing new ideas to theme park MMORPGs.

1)Character Class
For the first time in a MMORPG you can actually play the way you want. I remember playing Asheron's Call and getting to level 35 only to realize that I wasn't as effective as other players. Or having to respec my character at level 60 while playing World of Warcraft because of the PvP or raiding requirements. Currently there have been over 1000 character builds in ESO(look at the Reddit), and many of them are legit for both PvP and endgame content. The weapons, skills, and class combinations are absolutely insane. In fact, there are some new character archetypes we haven't seen in a MMORPG before. ForceStrategy played a Sorcerer in full light armor that used a destruction staff for fire spells(AoE). But the same avatar would switch to sword & board to tank. If you wanted to he could turn that same Sorcerer into a pure healing class as well. Other MMORPGs come close to implementing such idea, but there are usually only a handful of effective builds. In ESO, that doesn't seem to be the case.

2)First Impression & Beyond
I think Zenimax really shot themselves in the foot when it came to delivering an experience for early level content, especially between level 1 through 10. That's where a lot of the argument comes from and it's totally legit. I was in the beta for almost a year and every time there was a survey my feedback was related to the slow progression I had at early levels. Now, some of that has change for the better. But if you love PvP getting to level 10 just to see Cyrodiil was grueling. And just getting to level 15 for the weapon swap which opens up the character progression took even longer. The scope of the game grows larger once you past that mark and it's truly a sight to see.

3)Combat
If you're a fan of traditional MMORPGs and love micro-managing tons of abilities this not for you. Some players feel as if the combat is unresponsive. But I personally enjoy it. The difficulty of the game is within the dungeons, a few quests, and in some of the world bosses. But from your day-to-day PvE experience the game is pretty easy. It wasn't until I reach Veteran Rank 5 or 6 doing the 50+/++ content that I saw the game becoming almost unplayable without some form of grouping.

4)Questing
There are a lot of organic quests in ESO, but sometimes you'll find yourself doing a fetch quest. But they're short and are disguised to appear as if you're not getting more bear asses. If you like the lore in Tamriel, you will definitely enjoy your adventure. The biggest problem with questing is the server technology which creates instances for players. You'll be in a party of 4 doing a quest only to realize that you can't do it together.....ass backwards for a MMORPG. The voice acting adds a lot of detail to your experience as well; that's a plus.

5)PvP
EVE Online is great at it. But I honestly think amongst any high-fantasy MMORPG....ESO has the best PvP in terms of epic scale. Trust me on this one. And it only gets better at higher levels.

6)CraftingIt's been awhile since I could say that the best items available in a game come from crafting. With that said, the system is easy to learn but can require much of your time to perfect the type of armor you would like to create for your character built. Almost everything you obtain can be used or broken down for crafting. You can literally craft armor geared to your playing style. That's how detail it is. If you're a pure-healer in heavy armor that off-tanks you can built a custom set that fits the archtype allowing you to be effective.

7)Endgame ContentI think a game like Wildstar will definitely appeal to many of the raiders. The Elder Scrolls Online currently does not have any of the Adventure Zones implemented which is the game's raiding segment. One is suppose to be available soon after launch, but we'll see about that. Still, I think ESO has diversity in endgame content for all playing styles. Crafting alone can be a game in itself, and has a lot of depth! If you just wanted to be a tradesman at endgame it's very possible; especially since players with very detail and diverse set of crafting skills will be much sought after. And since Auction Houses are almost non-existent it'll making trading more interesting..............hopefully.

If you're not into raiding but enjoy other forms of PvE there's plenty of that. Once you reach level 50 and complete your factions story the game opens up with veteran ranks and 50+/++. Pretty much the game scales to your level and you'll be able to go through 10 veteran ranks. With each rank the game get's more difficult requiring a group. You will also get to play through each faction's storyline and areas. Each faction's content ranges from 50 to 120 hours depending on the completionist in you. Don't forget the wide range of dungeons per faction which all have an elite version. Plus there are plenty of world bosses! PvP is a monster in itself, and is absolutely epic especially with the wide range of character builds running around and skills trees at end game to mix and match. Still....I think Zenixmax needs to get the raiding in ASAP.

8)Tamriel, music, and graphicsI think the game world is beautiful and so are the visuals. Though the art style is debatable for some. I am overly critical of the music simply because Jeremy Soule's vision of TES is hardly present in the game. In fact, Soule(who composed music for Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim) only has a small contribution to the soundtrack here since he is working on Everquest Next(which is a kick to the face).

Exploration is heavily criticize. For a theme park MMORPG there is plenty of it on the mainland of Tamriel, more so than games like SWTOR, GW2, DCUO, etc. It's not as mysterious in comparison to vanilla Ultima Online, Everquest or Asheron's Call(no map, limited map, running speed, difficult). But Tamriel dwarfs most modern-day MMORPG's during their release. But in terms of a TES game, this is where some of the exploration fails to deliver. You can't start the game and go off in any direction like most Elder Scrolls titles simply because character levels restrict your ability to fight higher level enemies. Too bad the concept of 50+/++ content scaling wasn't implemented early on.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

Smooth as butter Early Access Launch.

I was able to play yesterday as the servers went live without any issues, and again this morning with no problems.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

@FelipeInside: I'm currently playing right now. The launch is was absolutely smooth. I have run into a couple of bug quest but not in the quantity I experienced in beta. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Prexxus said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@johnd13 said:

Read my second post.

Wildstar is just as crap, people hyped it because there are the original makers of WoW... but turns out its just as friggin shallow.... there is nothing to it.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 attirex  Online
Member since 2007 • 2453 Posts

ok, rocket scientists, which is the larger amount--$60 x 1 (once), or $15 x (let's say) 12 (months)?

Yeah, not paying sub fees.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BSC14

@attirex said:

ok, rocket scientists, which is the larger amount--$60 x 1 (once), or $15 x (let's say) 12 (months)?

damn...I always did suck at math.

Fine, I give.....which is larger?

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 attirex  Online
Member since 2007 • 2453 Posts

Bobby Kotick's base salary!

(have no idea what that has to do with anything, just throwing it out there)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FelipeInside

@BSC14 said:

@attirex said:

damn...I always did suck at math.

Fine, I give.....which is larger?

* takes out calculator

The $15 x 12 months is larger.... equals $180... do I get a Stamp ???

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

I might be punching myself in the nuts, but I'm not getting for awhile now.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FelipeInside

@Sweetbackhair said:

Get it whenever you want, there is no need/hurry to buy it now.

I can say it has a very extensive PvE campaign. It's probably the first MMO I play where I don't really care if I'm doing the main quest or not. I just wander off and do side quests cause they are fun. Heck, I don't even know where I am most of the time on the map...

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sweetbackhair

@FelipeInside said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

I can say it has a very extensive PvE campaign. It's probably the first MMO I play where I don't really care if I'm doing the main quest or not. I just wander off and do side quests cause they are fun. Heck, I don't even know where I am most of the time on the map...

Yeah, but I was promising my friend I would pre-order it with him but I went with WoW instead.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

TESO did some new good things in MMO genre while preserving some really old things which modern MMOs don't do and they had a good reason not to;

With that said, unless they've fixed the broken quests the game don't deserve any gamer's money.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FelipeInside

@Sweetbackhair said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

Yeah, but I was promising my friend I would pre-order it with him but I went with WoW instead.

I don't know how people still play WoW these days. To me it feels totally dated once you have played all the modern MMOs.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sweetbackhair

@FelipeInside said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

I don't know how people still play WoW these days. To me it feels totally dated once you have played all the modern MMOs.

I'm kind of enjoying it right now.

Just doing quests and having fun without that arena and crap.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FelipeInside

@Sweetbackhair said:

@FelipeInside said:

Yeah I used to too, but now the quests just fill "too fetchy", and I guess I've been spoilt with voice acting now.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

It sucks simple as that.

If you really want to play it wait till it goes f2p.I give 12 months max.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BSC14

I'm really starting to think that TSO is the new SWTOR.....everyone just jumps on the hate wagon.

taylor12702003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 taylor12702003
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts

I am playing teso in early access and really enjoying the game.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#43 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@BSC14 said:

I'm really starting to think that TSO is the new SWTOR.....everyone just jumps on the hate wagon.

People have a right to not like games, does not make them haters. Or are you a hater as well for your GW2 rant threads you plagued this board with? I think SWTOR sucked, ESO I am cool with....does that still make me a hater?

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BSC14

@vfibsux said:

@BSC14 said:

People have a right to not like games, does not make them haters. Or are you a hater as well for your GW2 rant threads you plagued this board with? I think SWTOR sucked, ESO I am cool with....does that still make me a hater?

I was a GW2 hater and yes I ranted about the game. I can admit that...

No you're not a hater, you just didn't like it. I get that but you tried it and didn't just jump on the wagon based off of what others were saying.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sweetbackhair

@FelipeInside said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@FelipeInside said:

Yeah I used to too, but now the quests just fill "too fetchy", and I guess I've been spoilt with voice acting now.

I agree with that, because I've been doing errands for everyone so far. haha

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#46 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

@BSC14 said:

@vfibsux said:

@BSC14 said:

No you're not a hater, you just didn't like it. I get that but you tried it and didn't just jump on the wagon based off of what others were saying.

Of course, anyone who dislikes ESO for valid, logical reasons has a stance which is "hating" on the game. You should be a professional media critic.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BSC14

@krazyorange said:

@BSC14 said:

@vfibsux said:

@BSC14 said:

Of course, anyone who dislikes ESO for valid, logical reasons has a stance which is "hating" on the game. You should be a professional media critic.

Problem is you're not really giving any valid reasons.

First you said "ESO is bullshit. It looks like shit, plays like shit, sounds like shit"

None of ^ that is true. You have absolutely no point here.

Then in an extremely longwinded reply that really could have been summed up in one sentence you said this (only quoting part here):

To justify a subscription, it should be a hundred times better than Skyrim. It should blow your face off with amazeballs quality, and make you never want to leave your grungy basement again. It should be the best MMO ever created. It should be the best GAME ever created. Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim changed the gaming landscape permanently. ESO changes nothing. It's generic, boring, and embarrassing.

I can't imagine why you would ever be disappointed....

You really could have said "nothing less than an instant orgasm would make me happy and even then I'll still complain about something".

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FelipeInside

@reaper4278 said:

@BSC14 said:

I can see the bolded point here somewhat. The biggest problem I have with ESO is it does play like Skyrim, so why is the sub justified? Yes it is multiplayer but it is certainly not multiplayer friendly when it comes to questing. It realyl plays like a solo game, like Skyrim in fact. So again, why the sub? I think this is where the person was coming from, could be wrong though.

Would you pay a sub to play co-op Skyrim? Then why for this game? Hopefully they have plans to make it worth it, but if they don't I think you will see f2p much sooner than you think.

You can't compare a Co-Op Skyrim which would work with matchmaking between a few PCs, to a full blown MMO maintained by server racks. That's why the sub is there.

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@johnd13 said:

If you play for 4 hours a month you've already gotten more entertainment for your money than going to see a movie at a theater.