Temperature Too High

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RedxSniper
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts

When I'm just browsing the internet my HD4890 is at 78C and that's with overdrive on for 60% fan. When I play wow I have to turn it up to 70%-75% so it doesn't get to 90+. I haven't cleaned my computer from dust in over like 1 year, because i don't know how too. Might that be the problem?

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

It could well be,Dust can be one of the things that bump up the temps,It's easy to rid of,just unscrew the heatsink and blow out the dastardly dust,Or get a can of compressed air and blow it like that.

Hotsun-payam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hotsun-payam
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts

The dust is the worst thing for heatsinks.

There are some stuffs like hairdryer but so much stronger.

If any of your friend has one of them you can debt it for 15 minutes and use it.

And next time be sure your case has dust filters.

swehunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 swehunt
Member since 2008 • 3637 Posts

When I'm just browsing the internet my HD4890 is at 78C and that's with overdrive on for 60% fan. When I play wow I have to turn it up to 70%-75% so it doesn't get to 90+. I haven't cleaned my computer from dust in over like 1 year, because i don't know how too. Might that be the problem?

RedxSniper
Guide: 1) Unplug all the cables to your graphic card. 2) Take the graphic card out from the motherboard and from the Case. 3) Take a can of compressed air and blow inside your graphic cards heasink/fan, make sure to hold a finger to stop the fan from rotating, you may need to remoove the whole cooler to clean it perfectly but thats rearely the problem, often a good blowthru will clean out the most. 4) Re-seat the card into your PC. 5) The card should not cause trouble from being filled with dust. You shouldn't be sqreewing around with the fansetting, you dont know how it works. The Auto setting is the only safe way to cool a graphic with rising temperatures. If you hinder the fan from rev.ing up when it need to you will get a very hot card and might even be exsactly what you experience. A common missinformation is that if you raise the fansetting to a given % will keep your hot card cooler, thats BS you will get your card hotter because you hinder it to rotate on full blast if it need to, the AUTO setting will freely be constantly monitoring the temperature and keep it at safe levels even if it may be loud it's the only failsafe way if you get hot temperatures. A sideeffect on raising the fan setting to a given % is that it'll get louder when the card is in idle and already have clocked down to save energy. So I advice you to keep the AUTO profile on because you have problems with hig temps, untill it's fix'ed do not mess with the only failsafe it has!
Hotsun-payam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hotsun-payam
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts

If it's hard for you,you can pay a little money and let him\her to do it for you.