Supreme Commander 8.7 Gamespot Review !

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sozar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 sozar
Member since 2003 • 428 Posts

Sound 7/10 i dont care about sound i think am goin to buy it when it come out in stores but my problem is that my pc spec:

AMD 3200   1 gig ram   ATI 9800 pro

in gamespot review:

The Bad:

Steep hardware requirements; large battles can bring the most powerful systems to their knees.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
I would buy it but I really suck at RTSs. I liked the demo, but when I played skirmish mode I couldn't beat the PC on easy.
MaStErOsHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MaStErOsHy
Member since 2005 • 715 Posts
it got 9.0's on all othr gaming sites and 8.7 from gamespot works for me. I have a Dell xps 700 with 2 7900 GS cards so i think my comp can handle it well. Im prolly guna get it.
BeyondItAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BeyondItAll
Member since 2006 • 1739 Posts
It scored high on all the important stuff, Gameplay, Value, Tilt all 9's :) I think they overplayed the requirements, I mean yes vs the AI they can be very harsh, but online when theirs no AI to play it is MUCH less harsh on your system and ONLINE is the focus of this game so.....I don't think Ocampo spent really any time with the multiplayer judging from the review either...
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
I don't really care. I'm gonna buy it anyway.
Pete5506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#6 Pete5506
Member since 2006 • 10112 Posts
Well the game looks good, and well after playing the demo I was thinking about getting it
Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Colonel_Cool
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts
Getting the game when it hits the stores tomorrow! I thought the sound was better than Gamespot rated it though.
theking52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 theking52
Member since 2004 • 2560 Posts
Sound is pretty good. I love the music too. But GS said that as you zoom out sound effects quiet down a bit. And you're not always going to be zoomed in all the way. Infact most of the time you'll be zooming out to get a good overview and when you do that the sound effects aren't that "loud".

Like... they dont make yo ufeel like you're in the middle of it. But then again when you do zoom in its awesome.
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
meh wasn't impressed with the demo at all so i guess i'm going to be getting CnC 3
BeyondItAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BeyondItAll
CnC 3 will be lucky to get a 8 here :lol: I expect a low 7 high 6 for it though :lol: Seriously dude they have only been working on that game for 1 year, it's nothing but a reskin job and it's still using that crap SAGE engine. My guess is you only played the SINGLEPLAYER on the demo which flat out blows, you NEED to play the Skirmish mode to find out what the games about as the skirmish mode is billion times better and gives you access to 10 times more units....
gozalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gozalo
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts
Well i will check it out for myself, and if my PC can't run it decently, ill go cry in the corner.
BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BloodMist
Member since 2002 • 32922 Posts
[QUOTE="BeyondItAll"]CnC 3 will be lucky to get a 8 here :lol: I expect a low 7 high 6 for it though :lol: Seriously dude they have only been working on that game for 1 year, it's nothing but a reskin job and it's still using that crap SAGE engine. My guess is you only played the SINGLEPLAYER on the demo which flat out blows, you NEED to play the Skirmish mode to find out what the games about as the skirmish mode is billion times better and gives you access to 10 times more units....

Hmm, you also need to play C&C 3 before you judge it.
Gun-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Gun-Unit
Member since 2003 • 9866 Posts
Kinda expected the score around that since usually Gamespots scores are usually lower.
Gun-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gun-Unit

CnC 3 will be lucky to get a 8 here :lol: I expect a low 7 high 6 for it though :lol: Seriously dude they have only been working on that game for 1 year, it's nothing but a reskin job and it's still using that crap SAGE engine. My guess is you only played the SINGLEPLAYER on the demo which flat out blows, you NEED to play the Skirmish mode to find out what the games about as the skirmish mode is billion times better and gives you access to 10 times more units....BeyondItAll

You havn't even played C&C3 to base a judgement. :|

BeyondItAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BeyondItAll

[QUOTE="BeyondItAll"]CnC 3 will be lucky to get a 8 here :lol: I expect a low 7 high 6 for it though :lol: Seriously dude they have only been working on that game for 1 year, it's nothing but a reskin job and it's still using that crap SAGE engine. My guess is you only played the SINGLEPLAYER on the demo which flat out blows, you NEED to play the Skirmish mode to find out what the games about as the skirmish mode is billion times better and gives you access to 10 times more units....Gun-Unit

Theirs more then enough information out their to know the game really brings nothing new to the genre, it's just a pretty face... Even the CnC summit previews which in only the most loyal hardcore CnC fanboys in world were invited, the people who went to that SAID that while they liked the game the races weren't as nearly as unique or in depth as the ones in CCG were and CCG sucked so... :lol:
Axecident

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Axecident
Member since 2006 • 1778 Posts
Flop lol I knew it COH FTW.
ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ElectricNZ
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts
Flop lol I knew it COH FTW.Axecident
How is it a flop, I have both games and I prefer supcom over coh, just because reviews are slightly lower doesnt mean it's bad. One of the bad points = steep system requirements, I believe that system requirements shouldnt drop points because its not a game flaw, I know the game runs perfectly at 100+ fps.
Axecident

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Axecident
Member since 2006 • 1778 Posts
[QUOTE="Axecident"]Flop lol I knew it COH FTW.ElectricNZ
How is it a flop, I have both games and I prefer supcom over coh, just because reviews are slightly lower doesnt mean it's bad. One of the bad points = steep system requirements, I believe that system requirements shouldnt drop points because its not a game flaw, I know the game runs perfectly at 100+ fps.

I call it flop cuz I don't like it and the reviews. I played the demo its just not my type of Rts.
blackleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 blackleech
Member since 2004 • 15348 Posts
Man... I really thought it would've got a 8.8 minimum and highest 9.1... > >
A-S_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 A-S_FM
Member since 2004 • 2208 Posts
i wish gamespot would stop placing steep hardware requirements as a bad element - it's a fundamental element of pc gaming, it should be a given in reviews of all games

if the hardware requirements were overly unnecessarily steep, i emphasise overly - then fair enough - poorly optimised games deserve to be singled out, but it seems like just about every high end game hitting the pc shelves, even the really well optimised ones, are chastised for having steep requirements

come on gamespot, it's like rebuking a console game for needing a console to play it - why bother?

that aside, the review is about what i expected, and the score is reasonable enough for what the game is
sozar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sozar
Member since 2003 • 428 Posts
I hope EA goin to release a demo for C&C:TW all old C&C games rocks.
blx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blx
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts
Steep hardware requirements are not a necessary element of gaming when it looks like the graphics were cobbled together on some 3 yr old's etchasketch. The game looks horrific on anything but high end systems. Lucky for me my PC is a piece of trash, so I got to observe the dull and lifeless gameplay for what it was, without graphical distraction. I can't say i've been more bored by a demo. the maps are just infinitely mundane, there is virtually no interresting terrian to take advantage of, no bridges to blow, no houses to occupy, its all just a question of who can build the most units in the shortest time. I like to think of myself as a fairly tolerant gamer; i always give games a chance but there is just no life to this game. roll on C&C
BeyondItAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BeyondItAll
To bix, gtfo the game is great and so are the graphics they got an 8 and the game got a 9 in Gameplay, Value and Tilit because it is a fantastic game. I really doubt a dressed up remake of CnC is going to score any higher then an 8 here :lol:
darkface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darkface
Member since 2004 • 5966 Posts
The game isnt a flop, infact its quite good....but I dont like it very much lol. Having to micromanage hundreds of units at once really isnt something Im good at or interested in.
BeyondItAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BeyondItAll
You make it sound like you have to individually manage ever single unit dark....If anything the microing of the units in supcom is easier then perhaps any other RTS game as the units are fairly smart, theirs formations and the waypoint and que systems make all other RTS waypoints/ques in comparison look like sad jokes...
darkface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 darkface
Member since 2004 • 5966 Posts

You make it sound like you have to individually manage ever single unit dark....If anything the microing of the units in supcom is easier then perhaps any other RTS game as the units are fairly smart, theirs formations and the waypoint and que systems make all other RTS waypoints/ques in comparison look like sad jokes...BeyondItAll

I suppose you're right. I guess I didnt spend enough time with the demo to really get a feel for it.

Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28 Terrorantula
Member since 2007 • 1795 Posts

I thought the game was very crap :S RA2 is still the best.

Subcritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 Subcritical
Member since 2004 • 2286 Posts

i wish gamespot would stop placing steep hardware requirements as a bad element - it's a fundamental element of pc gaming, it should be a given in reviews of all games

if the hardware requirements were overly unnecessarily steep, i emphasise overly - then fair enough - poorly optimised games deserve to be singled out, but it seems like just about every high end game hitting the pc shelves, even the really well optimised ones, are chastised for having steep requirements

come on gamespot, it's like rebuking a console game for needing a console to play it - why bother?

that aside, the review is about what i expected, and the score is reasonable enough for what the game is
A-S_FM

I agree 100%. 

Gamespot has been doing this for some time.  Every game that comes out, especially games that are also on the Xbox 360, Gamespot promotes the Xbox 360 version.  Observing how Microsoft has paid for the rights to so many PC games that are now exclusive to the Xbox 360, I wouldn't be suprised if the same is happening at Gamespot.

It is odd that they don't mention the fact that in order for the Xbox 360 version to look its best, you need a good HDTV.  They just assume that everyone has one.  But they don't reciprocate for PC gamers. 

basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 basersx
Member since 2005 • 6222 Posts
I'm getting tired of RTS games.  I have been playing CoH, Dowan of War, Sims 2, Civ 4 (TBS) over the past few months.  I'm just not in the mood for yet another one. 
Sketchbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sketchbaz
Member since 2007 • 306 Posts
Steep hardware requirements? I have a 4 year old CPU, a 2 year old graphics card, and 2gb of RAM (3.6ghz P4, 7800GT) and I run it at medium-high settings with no problem. The sound's lovely as well. Underscored.
gozalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gozalo
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts

It is odd that they don't mention the fact that in order for the Xbox 360 version to look its best, you need a good HDTV.  They just assume that everyone has one.  But they don't reciprocate for PC gamers. 

Subcritical

And they shouldn't reciprocate for PC gamers, not every one has an 8800GTX, on SLi, they have to look at the average PC at the time.

Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts
[QUOTE="Gun-Unit"]

[QUOTE="BeyondItAll"]CnC 3 will be lucky to get a 8 here :lol: I expect a low 7 high 6 for it though :lol: Seriously dude they have only been working on that game for 1 year, it's nothing but a reskin job and it's still using that crap SAGE engine. My guess is you only played the SINGLEPLAYER on the demo which flat out blows, you NEED to play the Skirmish mode to find out what the games about as the skirmish mode is billion times better and gives you access to 10 times more units....BeyondItAll

Theirs more then enough information out their to know the game really brings nothing new to the genre, it's just a pretty face... Even the CnC summit previews which in only the most loyal hardcore CnC fanboys in world were invited, the people who went to that SAID that while they liked the game the races weren't as nearly as unique or in depth as the ones in CCG were and CCG sucked so... :lol:

Beyonditall,

Your post have got to be the most annoying on the boards.  You constantly spam SupCom in all threads.  Even in the CnC threads you will put your .02 cents in regardings SupCom.  We all understand you really like this game.  Problem is your opinion doesn't sort of borderline fanboy, it is way BEYONDITALL.

Guys, check his forums post history.  Its really annoying. 

mmarsh1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mmarsh1972
Member since 2003 • 60 Posts
Personally I wasnt that impressed with the Demo. I actually got bored (which rare for video games).
I think I going to give it a pass and wait. Maybe I am simply sick of RTS.

I think I start NWN2 instead.
basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 basersx
Personally I wasnt that impressed with the Demo. I actually got bored (which rare for video games).
I think I going to give it a pass and wait. Maybe I am simply sick of RTS.

I think I start NWN2 instead.
mmarsh1972

Me too.  I played both Down of War and CoH which was really a mistake because they are both basically the same game.  I'm so sick of building barracks, armies etc and then trying to capture "points".  I really have no interest in any game that is about capturing points anymore. 

I have not played the demo of Supreme Commander but it looks like another CoH type game that is all about capturing points.  No thanks, that got old a few months ago.

Gun-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gun-Unit
[QUOTE="Gun-Unit"]

[QUOTE="BeyondItAll"]CnC 3 will be lucky to get a 8 here :lol: I expect a low 7 high 6 for it though :lol: Seriously dude they have only been working on that game for 1 year, it's nothing but a reskin job and it's still using that crap SAGE engine. My guess is you only played the SINGLEPLAYER on the demo which flat out blows, you NEED to play the Skirmish mode to find out what the games about as the skirmish mode is billion times better and gives you access to 10 times more units....BeyondItAll

This thread is about Supreme Commanders score not C&C vs Supreme Commander like your making it out to be and PC Gamer review said every side has its own playing style and unique units,so stop spreading false information and stick to the topic of the thread.

3SecondGrenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 3SecondGrenade
Member since 2002 • 1073 Posts

I have not played the demo of Supreme Commander but it looks like another CoH type game that is all about capturing points. No thanks, that got old a few months ago.

Lol...

Supreme Commander was MADE for gamers who got sick of traditional RTSes. I suggest you read up more about SC and play the demo. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 basersx

I have not played the demo of Supreme Commander but it looks like another CoH type game that is all about capturing points. No thanks, that got old a few months ago.3SecondGrenade

Lol...

Supreme Commander was MADE for gamers who got sick of traditional RTSes. I suggest you read up more about SC and play the demo. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

I did just read the full review.  Basicly the only difference is this game has really big maps and you can move troops by air or sea.  Still its all about capturing points.  No thanks.  I just cant get into yet another one of these.
Gun-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gun-Unit

[QUOTE="3SecondGrenade"]

I have not played the demo of Supreme Commander but it looks like another CoH type game that is all about capturing points. No thanks, that got old a few months ago.basersx

Lol...

I did just read the full review.  Basicly the only difference is this game has really big maps and you can move troops by air or sea.  Still its all about capturing points.  No thanks.  I just cant get into yet another one of these.

I don't believe you even read much about the game theres no point capturing unless you got mixed up with mass resource points and its totally different from CoH and Dawn of War.

basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 basersx

[QUOTE="basersx"][QUOTE="3SecondGrenade"]

I have not played the demo of Supreme Commander but it looks like another CoH type game that is all about capturing points. No thanks, that got old a few months ago.Gun-Unit

Lol...

I did just read the full review. Basicly the only difference is this game has really big maps and you can move troops by air or sea. Still its all about capturing points. No thanks. I just cant get into yet another one of these.

I don't believe you even read much about the game theres no point capturing unless you got mixed up with mass resource points and its totally different from CoH and Dawn of War.

You dont huh? Well then I will just quote the article -

"Instead of raising one battle group and racing across a small battlefield, you can raise multiple air, land, and sea battle groups and toss them at the enemies, or ferry an army via air transport around their defenses and land them in the rear, or send wave after wave of bombers to cripple their strategic defenses and then unleash nuclear hellfire upon them, or do much, much more." - This can be done in CoH and DoW with paratroopers etc.

"Scout planes can be ordered to patrol the periphery of the maps, engineers can be given build commands to keep them busy for a long time, and armies can be sent on a zigzag path deep into enemy territory, all with a few clicks
." - This does sound pretty good an an improvement over COh, DoW but not enough to make me want to play the game.

"You can try and overwhelm your enemy with sheer numbers, build fewer numbers of high-quality units, or do a mix of the two, with cannon fodder to draw fire away from the heavy hitters." - exactly the same in CoH and DoW.

"At the same time, it's also possible for defensive players to "turtle up" by building layers of defenses, ranging from walls to ground- and air defensive turrets to energy shields
." - more of the same.

"While the three campaigns have only five or six missions each, keep in mind that these are huge missions and you'll average anywhere between two and three hours on each one. In fact, missions can go on for so long that the one thing the game sorely needs is some kind of autosave function, because if you manage to get to the end of a two or three hour battle and lose at the last moment due to a stupid decision, you'll have to start over again from scratch if you forgot to manually save the game midway." - this sounds terrible a reason I dont want the game!

Again, I have no interest in this game.
Gun-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gun-Unit

"Instead of raising one battle group and racing across a small battlefield, you can raise multiple air, land, and sea battle groups and toss them at the enemies, or ferry an army via air transport around their defenses and land them in the rear, or send wave after wave of bombers to cripple their strategic defenses and then unleash nuclear hellfire upon them, or do much, much more." - This can be done in CoH and DoW with paratroopers etc.

"Scout planes can be ordered to patrol the periphery of the maps, engineers can be given build commands to keep them busy for a long time, and armies can be sent on a zigzag path deep into enemy territory, all with a few clicks
." - This does sound pretty good an an improvement over COh, DoW but not enough to make me want to play the game.

"You can try and overwhelm your enemy with sheer numbers, build fewer numbers of high-quality units, or do a mix of the two, with cannon fodder to draw fire away from the heavy hitters." - exactly the same in CoH and DoW.

"At the same time, it's also possible for defensive players to "turtle up" by building layers of defenses, ranging from walls to ground- and air defensive turrets to energy shields
." - more of the same.

"While the three campaigns have only five or six missions each, keep in mind that these are huge missions and you'll average anywhere between two and three hours on each one. In fact, missions can go on for so long that the one thing the game sorely needs is some kind of autosave function, because if you manage to get to the end of a two or three hour battle and lose at the last moment due to a stupid decision, you'll have to start over again from scratch if you forgot to manually save the game midway." - this sounds terrible a reason I dont want the game!

basersx

The game is nothing like CoH or DoW and i have both them,your comparing the games off what to you hear and think is the same yet they are totally different rts games.You don't take into fact the CoH and DoW are based on tactics while Supreme Commander is based off strategy.I don't need to read articals i got them both to compare.

basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 basersx
[QUOTE="basersx"]

." - more of the same.

Gun-Unit

The game is nothing like CoH or DoW and i have both them,your comparing the games off what to you hear and think is the same yet they are totally different rts games.You don't take into fact the CoH and DoW are based on tactics while Supreme Commander is based off strategy.I don't need to read articals i got them both to compare.

Good I hope you enjoy it!  And I can't wait to hear from CoH fans when they see you just said it has no strategy!  LMAO!
3SecondGrenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 3SecondGrenade
It doesn't. I love CoH, but it doesn't really have much strategy. When you get down to it, the game is mostly micromanagement and small unit tactics.

If you can't even be bothered to get the demo and see for yourself how new and innovative SUPCOM is, well it's your loss.
basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 basersx
Yup its my loss because i have no interest in the demo or the game.
Apenoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Apenoot
Member since 2005 • 2087 Posts

Steep hardware requirements are not a necessary element of gaming when it looks like the graphics were cobbled together on some 3 yr old's etchasketch. The game looks horrific on anything but high end systems. Lucky for me my PC is a piece of trash, so I got to observe the dull and lifeless gameplay for what it was, without graphical distraction. I can't say i've been more bored by a demo. the maps are just infinitely mundane, there is virtually no interresting terrian to take advantage of, no bridges to blow, no houses to occupy, its all just a question of who can build the most units in the shortest time. I like to think of myself as a fairly tolerant gamer; i always give games a chance but there is just no life to this game. roll on C&Cblx

QFT, but I could see it even through outmaxed graphics on 1280x1024. SupCom is BLAND!!

MicroM336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MicroM336
Member since 2004 • 106 Posts
I personally think that it's a good thing hardware requirements influence the score of PC games because they are one of the reasons PC gaming isn't as popular with the general puplic anymore, which is who really matters. When my familly got it's first budget computer back in 2000 it could play every game that was out at the time. I don't remember it not being able to play a game untill I tried to play the AOM demo. Now budget computers don't run much of anything. Is it any wonder that all those people who used to buy one or two games for their spare time on there run of the mill computer don't anymore?
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58351 Posts

Got an early copy from Europe.  A great game, but I am suprised it scored so high as the singleplayer campagins are relatively short.  Anyway, its an awesome game, cant wait for the online community to grow.

For anyone that is curious, it runs fine on my Core 2 Duo E6400, 2GB memory, 680i motherboard, and 7600GT video card.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

It doesn't. I love CoH, but it doesn't really have much strategy. When you get down to it, the game is mostly micromanagement and small unit tactics.

If you can't even be bothered to get the demo and see for yourself how new and innovative SUPCOM is, well it's your loss.
3SecondGrenade

Uh it does have strategy buddy, if there wasn't.. Then there wouldn't be differently tech roots to take, specific points on the map you feel you must control to play the game....   They both have their own different kinds of strategies, trying to say one doesn't is rediculous..  If the game didn't have strategy you could win each and every time with a single straightforward tactic, and you can't.

3SecondGrenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 3SecondGrenade

[QUOTE="3SecondGrenade"]It doesn't. I love CoH, but it doesn't really have much strategy. When you get down to it, the game is mostly micromanagement and small unit tactics.

sSubZerOo

Uh it does have strategy buddy, if there wasn't.. Then there wouldn't be differently tech roots to take, specific points on the map you feel you must control to play the game.... They both have their own different kinds of strategies, trying to say one doesn't is rediculous.. If the game didn't have strategy you could win each and every time with a single straightforward tactic, and you can't.

*Cough* Riflemen Spam *Cough*
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="3SecondGrenade"]It doesn't. I love CoH, but it doesn't really have much strategy. When you get down to it, the game is mostly micromanagement and small unit tactics.

3SecondGrenade

Uh it does have strategy buddy, if there wasn't.. Then there wouldn't be differently tech roots to take, specific points on the map you feel you must control to play the game.... They both have their own different kinds of strategies, trying to say one doesn't is rediculous.. If the game didn't have strategy you could win each and every time with a single straightforward tactic, and you can't.

*Cough* Riflemen Spam *Cough*

A spam that can be stopped if your playing a skilled axis player or a team game where one may be racing to a vehicle or two.  Not to mention they have already acknownledged its a imbalance and changning stuff around in the next patch.