deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

So, it's not just Sony Pictures Home Entertainment that's shutting down, it's all of Ultraviolet. Which goes to show how reliable streaming services and digital distributors are. And people think I'm crazy for buying discs.

Lady_Aijou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Lady_Aijou
Member since 2019 • 24 Posts

I'm kind of torn on this one. I'm old enough to remember before digital downloads were a thing, so I still love having a physical copy of a game, especially if it's a favorite, or if I want it as a collector's item. At the same time, I can't argue that digital downloads are easy and convenient, and you don't have to worry about scratches, losing the disc/cartridge, or things of that sort. I still remember the thrill of saving my allowance and babysitting money, and coming home from the store with a new game in hand <3

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#53 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17851 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

So, it's not just Sony Pictures Home Entertainment that's shutting down, it's all of Ultraviolet. Which goes to show how reliable streaming services and digital distributors are. And people think I'm crazy for buying discs.

All you have to do is access your UV account through a retailer, like Vudu, and the licenses are moved over.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17851 Posts

@Metallic_Blade said:

than have to waste a few hours of having my bandwidth capped at max and have crap speeds for regular browsing in the meantime.

You can set the bandwidth cap yourself with Steam. It's just under the settings menu.

@ezekiel43 said:

This doesn't sound ideal at all.

• You're in a coma.
  • You're in prison.
  • You don't have enough storage or bandwidth for all your games.
  • You haven't been playing PC games for a while, so you're not aware of the impending end of service.
  • Valve doesn't give you enough heads up; they're going out of business next week.
  • Your internet is out.
  • You recently moved and have no internet yet.

What if your house burns down? You'll have all your digital games still, but your physical games are gone.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

@Metallic_Blade: Why PC never adopted games on bluray discs still baffles me to this day

Because nobody owns a bluray player, especially in a pc. It's a videophile product in the end.

It's amazing the transfer rate of the web is nearly (or sometimes) greater than an optical disc and the latest one at that.

There is an issue in the US it seems with caps. Unlimited internet should be a given. Most people don't use it alot so it evens out, in terms of bandwidth used over the network.

I find it crazy gamers are having to deal with capped bandwidths when internet bandwidth is an almost infinite resource.

I used to download files in my dorm at 200-500mbps from the totally uncapped (it probably is now but the dorms were brand new then) connection from the dominant p2p app at the time, I forget the name. That was like 8 years ago.

US internet companies are completely ripping off their customers.