Steam Autumn Sale!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#101 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Is Portal 2 worth the $10? And where is this bundle you are talking about? lol

arneezy21

The bundle is shown on the Portal 2 (and I guessing Portal also) page.

arneezy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 arneezy21
Member since 2010 • 185 Posts

[QUOTE="arneezy21"]

Wanderer5

Ah i see it now thanks. Now wondering if I should buy it... lol

AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#103 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

Tempted to get Duke Nukem Forever just to have some fun flinging dung around.

creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 creaturemagic
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts

Anyone who hasn't got the Half Life series, the Mount and Blade series, The Company of Heroes series, the Mass Effect series and the Magicka series, you aren't going to get a better deal until Christmas, and these games are must plays, so don't wait till Christmas, buy them now :)

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#105 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I either going to wait and see if Dead Island goes on the daily deals with 50% off or more, or I wait for that one a bit more and get Hard Reset and/or Gemini Rue.

Wanderer5

Sorry off-topic. Cool sig. What is it? Anime?

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#106 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
[QUOTE="arneezy21"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="arneezy21"]

Ah i see it now thanks. Now wondering if I should buy it... lol

for the measley price that theyre asking.....yes. without question.
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#107 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

I was going to ask for dead island for my birthday on tuesday but might as well buy it during the sale and ask for another game lol. Bastion and dungeon defenders look really good, so many choices lol

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Got Portal 2 for £6.79. :) I thought about buying stuff all night because christmas is near and i need to save, but I gave in... lol.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 PcGamingRig

Is the Digital Deluxe version of ME2 worth it or should I just go with the normal one.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Elann2008

Don't waste your money on mediocre products, don't support steam more than necessary, just pick a game play it for a considerable amount of time and then pick another game. Sometimes having too many games decrease the satisfaction from gaming.

It is almost always better to stay on cash.

retro82
True. This is my problem and my backlog is an abomination. it keeps growing and growing and feeding and FEEDING!
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#111 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Don't waste your money on mediocre products, don't support steam more than necessary, just pick a game play it for a considerable amount of time and then pick another game. Sometimes having too many games decrease the satisfaction from gaming.

retro82
Or just let people buy what they want. I'll support Steam as much as possible thank you :)
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Elann2008
[QUOTE="retro82"]

millerlight89
Or just let people buy what they want. I'll support Steam as much as possible thank you :)

First and foremost, support the developers but yeah, steam too..
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 millerlight89
[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="retro82"]

Elann2008

Well yes developers first, but Steam has really helped these devs indie/major alike. I mean just seeing how some of these sales boost the sales performance of these games is amazing. Personally, I think Steam has really breathed life back into PC gaming. Of course it was never dead, but it was rather slow there for a while.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 millerlight89
I'm wondering if we will see Hard Reset....part of me thinks it is possible.
Ubersoldat87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 Ubersoldat87
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

I got mass effect 2

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 PcGamingRig

I just picked up ME1 & 2.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] Or just let people buy what they want. I'll support Steam as much as possible thank you :)millerlight89

Well yes developers first, but Steam has really helped these devs indie/major alike. I mean just seeing how some of these sales boost the sales performance of these games is amazing. Personally, I think Steam has really breathed life back into PC gaming. Of course it was never dead, but it was rather slow there for a while.

No your right in a lot of ways..It woke up companies like ea..Who came back to the pc gaming..When they said all they can make money in is consoles..Not true..It did bring life back into the pc,,Now if movies can go that way there will be a big smile on my face..I mean cmon 20 bucks for popcorn..Always some annoying dude with his cell phone who cant stay off it for 2 hours..Time to do away with movie theaters an bring it to the lime lite like steam lol..Steam owns all things..Its easy to use easy to buy items an pc games..Since gamestop dont even carry games any more unless you pre order them..Best buy is our only option oh an wallmart pfft..

ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#118 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts

Just got ME2, HL2, and Orcs Must Die. It's a good day.

szafto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#119 szafto
Member since 2006 • 1389 Posts
I bought the binding of isaac and garry's mod :)
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Elann2008

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] First and foremost, support the developers but yeah, steam too..Gladestone1

No your right in a lot of ways..It woke up companies like ea..Who came back to the pc gaming..When they said all they can make money in is consoles..Not true..It did bring life back into the pc,,Now if movies can go that way there will be a big smile on my face..I mean cmon 20 bucks for popcorn..Always some annoying dude with his cell phone who cant stay off it for 2 hours..Time to do away with movie theaters an bring it to the lime lite like steam lol..Steam owns all things..Its easy to use easy to buy items an pc games..Since gamestop dont even carry games any more unless you pre order them..Best buy is our only option oh an wallmart pfft..

Or that guy next to you eating nachos.. and he uses a gawdamn spoon for crying out loud to eat it with.. For some odd reason, he kept scrapping at the container it was in like there was more at the bottom of the already shallow container. First time I ever walked out of the theatre in the middle of a movie good or bad.

On topic, I stopped shopping at Bestbuy, Gamestop, and other retails A LONG time ago... years. The only time I've ever buy retail would be from Amazon.com, but most of my purchases are digital.

Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Gamerperson33
Member since 2011 • 557 Posts

[QUOTE="retro82"]

Cwagmire21

I understand the idea of buying a game for the sake of it being cheap. (I bought Alpha Protocol on sale for $2 - haven't played it but from the menu and changing settings, I can tell it was done pretty poorly). But there are some good games for great prices (granted, I didn't buy any from the sale so far). I was really close to buying OMD, but decided against it.

I also bought Alpha Protocol for $2, and I must say it was worth it for that price. I mean come on, $2 for at least a 15 hour game, that's overkill (well according to Steam, it took me 17 hours and when most games sell for $60 for the same content). It isn't a great game, and yes there are faults for it, I didn't like some parts of the game, but it was still worth playing, just wanted to let you know. :)
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

[QUOTE="retro82"]

Gamerperson33

I understand the idea of buying a game for the sake of it being cheap. (I bought Alpha Protocol on sale for $2 - haven't played it but from the menu and changing settings, I can tell it was done pretty poorly). But there are some good games for great prices (granted, I didn't buy any from the sale so far). I was really close to buying OMD, but decided against it.

I also bought Alpha Protocol for $2, and I must say it was worth it for that price. I mean come on, $2 for at least a 15 hour game, that's overkill (well according to Steam, it took me 17 hours and when most games sell for $60 for the same content). It isn't a great game, and yes there are faults for it, I didn't like some parts of the game, but it was still worth playing, just wanted to let you know. :)

Please guys... AP is worth $50. No joke. Hidden gem.
Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Gamerperson33
[QUOTE="retro82"]

millerlight89

I agree, Steam is just amazing. Yes, I know it's a form of DRM, but like I said many times over, it's not the DRM that wants to say "Screw you, but I'm also going to take your money, and by the way I'm not letting you play this game till you follow these steps, and after that I'll just bog down your performance, have fun!". And I won't get into an argument, I think indie games have thrived on Steam, and this is a good thing for all of us. So happy Thanksgiving people! :)
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Elann2008
[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="retro82"]

Gamerperson33

I agree, Steam is just amazing. Yes, I know it's a form of DRM, but like I said many times over, it's not the DRM that wants to say "Screw you, but I'm also going to take your money, and by the way I'm not letting you play this game till you follow these steps, and after that I'll just bog down your performance, have fun!". And I won't get into an argument, I think indie games have thrived on Steam, and this is a good thing for all of us. So happy Thanksgiving people! :)

I hope there's a nice TG treat for me today.. I wonder what will be on the daily deal.
Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Gamerperson33

It is indeed a hidden gem, but it may be just the fact that I like some kind of realism in my games, or that I hate boss fights in general. I totally hated the boss fights, I mean come on, I shot two full rounds of bullets into a man (who did not look like he was wearing any sort of armor, just casual clothes), and he only lost a fraction of his health?! Whatever he's on, I want some.
Arthur96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#126 Arthur96
Member since 2011 • 950 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamerperson33"][QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

Elann2008

+1

I loved it. VERY underrated. Perhaps one of the most underrated games in the history of gaming.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Elann2008

Please guys... AP is worth $50. No joke. Hidden gem.Gamerperson33

It is indeed a hidden gem, but it may be just the fact that I like some kind of realism in my games, or that I hate boss fights in general. I totally hated the boss fights, I mean come on, I shot two full rounds of bullets into a man (who did not look like he was wearing any sort of armor, just casual clothes), and he only lost a fraction of his health?! Whatever he's on, I want some.

Hehehe yeah. The game had obvious flaws. But I really enjoyed the good parts of Alpha Protocol. Maybe because it surprised me that it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. :D
Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Gamerperson33
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Gamerperson33"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] Or just let people buy what they want. I'll support Steam as much as possible thank you :)

I hope there's a nice TG treat for me today.. I wonder what will be on the daily deal.

Same here, I'm kind of wondering what the daily deal is. Only 2 more hours till we find out haha. Granted, there aren't that many games I want to buy, I just bought Orcs Must Die yesterday, been wanting to get that game for a while. And the cool thing is that it's number 2 on the top selling list in Steam. I've had a bad morning thus far, I've been basically reading about all sorts of problems for PC gaming, such as Ubisoft telling us we're "whining bitc*hes" or Arkham City not working properly. By the way, screw Ubisoft, at one point I liked them, now they can go to hell. I mean obviously, Orcs Must Die has been pirated so many times that it ended up on the top selling list of Steam. Go back to making your crappy games, Ubisoft and then tell people that we pirated them. Sorry, I just kind of needed to vent. :D
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Gamerperson33"][QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Gamerperson33"] I agree, Steam is just amazing. Yes, I know it's a form of DRM, but like I said many times over, it's not the DRM that wants to say "Screw you, but I'm also going to take your money, and by the way I'm not letting you play this game till you follow these steps, and after that I'll just bog down your performance, have fun!". And I won't get into an argument, I think indie games have thrived on Steam, and this is a good thing for all of us. So happy Thanksgiving people! :)

Same here, I'm kind of wondering what the daily deal is. Only 2 more hours till we find out haha. Granted, there aren't that many games I want to buy, I just bought Orcs Must Die yesterday, been wanting to get that game for a while. And the cool thing is that it's number 2 on the top selling list in Steam. I've had a bad morning thus far, I've been basically reading about all sorts of problems for PC gaming, such as Ubisoft telling us we're "whining bitc*hes" or Arkham City not working properly. By the way, screw Ubisoft, at one point I liked them, now they can go to hell. I mean obviously, Orcs Must Die has been pirated so many times that it ended up on the top selling list of Steam. Go back to making your crappy games, Ubisoft and then tell people that we pirated them. Sorry, I just kind of needed to vent. :D

Ubisoft cannot make up their mind what they want to do.. or who they want to be. They constantly contradict themselves. First they put nasty DRM, then they say their next game isn't going to have it, then it does.. blah blah blah same story. They release their Assassin's Creed games on the PC which I'm grateful for, but then they come out and say that crap about PC gamers (story on I Am Alive). I could care less about that game now than I ever have anyways. it doesn't even look good. Yeah, it's the same old excuses.
Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Gamerperson33
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Gamerperson33"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] I hope there's a nice TG treat for me today.. I wonder what will be on the daily deal.

Ubisoft cannot make up their mind what they want to do.. or who they want to be. They constantly contradict themselves. First they put nasty DRM, then they say their next game isn't going to have it, then it does.. blah blah blah same story. They release their Assassin's Creed games on the PC which I'm grateful for, but then they come out and say that crap about PC gamers (story on I Am Alive). I could care less about that game now than I ever have anyways. it doesn't even look good. Yeah, it's the same old excuses.

Seriously, I agree with you. The whole "I am Alive" game is going to flop so bad on the consoles, it's not even going to be funny. I just read a report on how "Cluthlu Saves the World" game sold 100,000 copies on Steam in just FOUR months, while it barely managed to sell 20,000 on ONE year on XBLA. And then Ubisoft will make some stupid excuse out of thin air, saying that they actually meant to port the game to PC, and hope that we buy the game. If I ask any one of my console friends, what is "I am Alive", they dont know. Even "Orcs Must Die" they don't know about. There are huge differences between the console gaming crowd and the PC gaming crowd, and Ubisoft is too busy being retards, to think about it.
Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Gamerperson33

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Gamerperson33"] I also bought Alpha Protocol for $2, and I must say it was worth it for that price. I mean come on, $2 for at least a 15 hour game, that's overkill (well according to Steam, it took me 17 hours and when most games sell for $60 for the same content). It isn't a great game, and yes there are faults for it, I didn't like some parts of the game, but it was still worth playing, just wanted to let you know. :)Arthur96

+1

I loved it. VERY underrated. Perhaps one of the most underrated games in the history of gaming.

Funny thing is that you were the one that convinced me to buy the game haha! Thanks for that!
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

I either going to wait and see if Dead Island goes on the daily deals with 50% off or more, or I wait for that one a bit more and get Hard Reset and/or Gemini Rue.

Elann2008

The anime is Fate/Zero.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Wanderer5

The anime is Fate/Zero.

Thanks! I'm going to check it out. Looks nice. :)
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Wanderer5

Thanks! I'm going to check it out. Looks nice. :)Elann2008

It a great show, but I recommend watching Fate/Stay Night (the anime is kinda so-so through)first or at least get the general idea of it. You don't have to through but Zero is going to spoil Stay Night big time (it the prequel to it).

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 PcGamingRig

2 minutes until day two! :)

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
lol, the website is sloooow.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Wanderer5

Did the store go down lol? Or it just going very slow for me.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Some good deals. Nothing for me though

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#139 deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts

Nothing I really want today. I already have New Vegas... great deal though

Major_9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Major_9000
Member since 2004 • 260 Posts

LA Noire 50% off, didn't it come out 2 weeks ago?

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
Nothing for me, RC3 at most. Buy yea, the site is slow.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 James161324

LA Noire 50% off, didn't it come out 2 weeks ago?

Major_9000

Yep, its a decent game,

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#143 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
Well nothing for me today either, although some of those deals are tempting.
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 PcGamingRig

oooo monkey island, may try that.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 James161324

I would reccomend the Total war pack if you don't have them 12 dollars for 4 of those is amazing

GuitarPAaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 GuitarPAaron
Member since 2006 • 1368 Posts

How is RO2?

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Wow, L.A. Noire dropped fast. I had fun with it on the 360, but I hear the PC port is a mess. Not sure if it's worth the headache for anyone.

Honestly, New Vegas is the only thing I'm considering; however, since I just purchased Skyrim, I'm not sure if I'd play it and I heard it was very buggy (did it get fixed)?

I'm tempted on the Sniper game just because I think the idea of the game is cool, but the 55 metacritic isn't helping. :P

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 PcGamingRig

Wow, L.A. Noire dropped fast. I had fun with it on the 360, but I hear the PC port is a mess. Not sure if it's worth the headache for anyone.

Honestly, New Vegas is the only thing I'm considering; however, since I just purchased Skyrim, I'm not sure if I'd play it and I heard it was very buggy (did it get fixed)?

I'm tempted on the Sniper game just because I think the idea of the game is cool, but the 55 metacritic isn't helping. :P

Cwagmire21

the pc port is a mess? i heard it was good...

spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts
Buying New Vegas today, been waiting to see it for 5 euro. Can't go wrong with that price. I'm hoping for a Witcher 2 daily deal aswell, it's embarrassing that I haven't played it yet :P
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
ok guys, i FINALLY bought HL2!