bryogus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bryogus
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

I've searched through the first 2 pages of posts regarding star citizen and saw a lot of people were waiting for it. How many of you you have actually joined now its in alpha release?

I brought my starter package 3 days ago and have tried it out, but am finding to hard in the PU to hit anything in space battles as my ship moves too quick past my target, any suggestions?

For anyone thinking of joining, there is a offer code to gain 4,000 credits when you sign up on website (no game purchase necessary) STAR-QZ72-HCWB

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

Been a backer since 2013, very disappointed with the progress and now I'm saying it's a scam if others want my opinion.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

I am still very excited for the game, but I must admit I am super, super disappointed in the progress. Idunno, I generally try to minimize my hype, but I am expecting this game to be groundbreaking; not just genre-defining but to complete rewrite the books for game development entirely. Crazy, I know....

Chris Roberts has made some great games in his life, especially space combat sims. But Freelancer was his last game and that was 13 years ago...

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 napo_sp

@mrbojangles25 said:

I am still very excited for the game, but I must admit I am super, super disappointed in the progress. Idunno, I generally try to minimize my hype, but I am expecting this game to be groundbreaking; not just genre-defining but to complete rewrite the books for game development entirely. Crazy, I know....

Chris Roberts has made some great games in his life, especially space combat sims. But Freelancer was his last game and that was 13 years ago...

here is a REAL EYE OPENER regarding sc atm

Loading Video...

if that doesn't make sc fanboys' eyes opened, I don't know what will...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#5 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

I don't see how it is a scam. The game is massive in scope and it has only gotten bigger over the years. 5 or more years of development is not uncommon for large scope AAA titles.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 napo_sp

@BassMan said:

I don't see how it is a scam. The game is massive in scope and it has only gotten bigger over the years. 5 or more years of development is not uncommon for large scope AAA titles.

have you seen that hellion video above? it's created by a company that is like 1/20 the size of cig with 1/20 the manpower and 1/20 or less the budget and in SHORTER time than star citizen development time so far and yet somehow they managed to create a much more content filled alpha than cig, in a game that although not in the same scope as star citizen but still have much in common with supposed star citizen features.

so wtf is cig doing with all the money and manpower? all their excuses exposed horribly in the light of that indie developer.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BassMan

@napo_sp said:
@BassMan said:

have you seen that hellion video above? it's created by a company that is like 1/20 the size of cig with 1/20 the manpower and 1/20 or less the budget and in SHORTER time than star citizen development time so far and yet somehow they managed to create a much more content filled alpha than cig, in a game that although not in the same scope as star citizen but still have much in common with supposed star citizen features.

so wtf is cig doing with all the money and manpower? all their excuses exposed horribly in the light of that indie developer.

That video shows very little and it is not the same level of quality as SC.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I have it but not played it as performance is rubbish. It has just been updated though to 2.61 which improves the performance as there new servers as it was this what was causing the bad performance but not tried it. I had 2.60 version installed and then 2.61 came out but you got to install all the game again, so I uninstalled it and waiting for big 3.0. I mainly got it for SQ42 single player so at least I have already got that when it finally comes out.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By napo_sp

@BassMan said:
@napo_sp said:
@BassMan said:

That video shows very little and it is not the same level of quality as SC.

You may want to do your research and find out what that hellion game actually offers. For example it has the cig self proclaimed unrivalled multi layers physics grids system, one thing cig proclaimed it has no equal...

A small indie dev with no budget compared to cig managed to rival star citizen to some degree, all in all while cig is busy selling what many have joked as glorified.jpg ships with ever increasing price and so little actual game content being released... And all those 2016 fiascos that some backers like me have begun to see the deceits they actually give us.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BassMan

@napo_sp: I don't know much about this Hellion and there doesn't seem to be much out there. As for SC... I have not spent a penny on the game, but what I have seen from their update videos over the years, it certainly looks impressive and a game I am looking forward to.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 napo_sp

@BassMan:

Nope, sc is far from impressive if you truly count what really matters in the current version of the game.

I'm a big fan of the genre, and I'm telling you there are still so many things in a space sim game that are no where to be found in star citizen today, even worse still, those missing things? There is almost nothing, not even what you could say as proper working proof of concept gameplay prototypes were being shown to us backers regarding those supposed game features.

If you were being cynic enough you could even say derek smart was right at some of his accusations toward cig, because there is so little actually be in the game after 3-5 years of supposed development time.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2453 Posts

Roberts will end up in jail or on the lam.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I haven't backed it. Mainly since it was already up to many millions when I first really looked into it. I might have if it was early enough.

I hope there is a formal release so I know when to start attempting to play it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BassMan

I have played and enjoyed space sims in the past, but I am not a huge fan like some others. So, I am not worried about Star Citizen's development. I can wait. As long as games like Mass Effect Andromeda are releasing, I can satisfy my space and sci-fi needs. :)

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 flipclic
Member since 2004 • 271 Posts

It's simply one of the most ambitious games ever attempted both with Single-Player Campaign and Massive Online component so it's only normal that it takes time.

What most people fail to understand is that game development is both extremely time and money consuming and that for that reason games are normally only announced way after it's initial development / production stages .

Nevertheless what they already have playable is very promising despite being just a tiny fraction of the full scoped game.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Its not a scam but it's taking forever! I have been a backer since the beginning and i have lost interest for now but the second Squadron 42 comes out I'm dusting off my Hotas and gonna kick some alien ass!

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Waiting... I'm waiting for actual content. Not going to invest in a package till I see something worth buying other than cool ships.

I have Mass Effect to hold me down, but in all honesty Early Access and Crowd Funded games are all trash THIS was my only real hope but it doesn't look so good.

Day Z is still a broken POS too. I hope we learned from these two examples to not put our hopes in a finished product to the level of a AAA game.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By napo_sp

It's march already and there is no substantial progress to the game lol.

At this point 3.0 isn't going to come out this year (assuming it must come with all the "promised" features that WAS announced in 2015!), and who knows anything about squadron 42 lol.

Lmao.

What a scam, intentionally or not.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By napo_sp

Another nail in sc coffin

They are stopping their monthly reports

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/374691/monthly-reports-are-gone#latest

If that isn't a confirmation of another attempt to hide the actual game development progress, then I don't know what it is.

Thanks David Braben for ED so I can still have a great space sim game to play.

RIP star citizen.

PowerstrokeGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 PowerstrokeGT
Member since 2004 • 907 Posts

Ive backed it since 2013 as well and a disappoint. $60 waste in my opinion. The progress is so very slow.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BassMan

People are so negative. Any change and people start freaking out. This game gets so much hate from both people that want to see it fail because they are dicks and people that backed it as well. It is quite hilarious. People need to chill. Just let them work on the game. It will release when it is ready.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#22 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Given up on it. By the time this gets a full release, it'll be 10 generations out of date.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 attirex

See also: Duke Nukem Forever

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mrbojangles25

@BassMan said:

People are so negative. Any change and people start freaking out. This game gets so much hate from both people that want to see it fail because they are dicks and people that backed it as well. It is quite hilarious. People need to chill. Just let them work on the game. It will release when it is ready.

For the most part I agree with your overall sentiment; I want them to take their time, do a good job.

My only problem is that, well, they really seem to be doing a lot of stuff that just seems like fluff.

I payed for a product, not so they could just screw around and have a job. I wonder if Roberts realized that, once the game is released, he has to make another game to stay in business after this...and another...and another...so maybe he is just going to work on this one for a decade or two until he retires, then he hands it off to his replacement he has "the utmost faith in" and then that person can fail.

Anyway, that's just my mind going to a dark place. I fully expect a working, feature-rich game that will redefine the genre (and most of gaming, to an extent) upon it's release.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By skipper847

I bought star citizen and SQ42 but not playing until the big 3.0 patch comes out. Every new patch there is you got to install the whole game again. But the new 2.61 patch meant to have improved it loads in performance. Yes I no SQ42 along way off but at least I got it when it does come out now and don't have to falk out more money at the time.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By attirex

I can't wait for the documentary that details the creation, development, and ultimate collapse of SC (with Roberts ending up a pariah, sued into poverty, in jail--or all three). It's gonna be epic. And also required viewing for industry types/in business schools.

"Citizen of the Stars: Chris Roberts and the Collapse of a $100 Million Video Game Dream."

Out on Netflix in June of 2019.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By skipper847

@attirex: That more like amazon prime video not Netflix :P

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

they are dropping support for DX 12 and going with vulkan, hope this will speed up the development of the game.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 attirex

see also: rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 skipper847

Well Elite Dangerous is a full game with season pass still coming out. I stopped playing ED as there is now a game breaking bug. When you get so far and accept missions you get a instant failed mission message straight away as soon as you accept it. People say the devs no about this bug but they say its not getting fixed any time soon. This started 2 month ago for me and still there now. Now that's a scam.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@napo_sp:

That Hellion is million times smaller game than SC! WTF man? Are you really that dense? You really don't see the difference and you call yourself a fan of the genre? No wonder you are calling SC a scam here, since you are so severely lacking on basic level understanding.

I mean i'm excited about Hellion too, but it's NOWHERE NEAR on the scale of what Star Citizen is going to be.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 napo_sp

@groowagon:

That's what the fanboys and white knights are saying!

Potential potential potential

But if you compare both version of the game RIGHT NOW, you'd find a shocking reality and truth :

That a tiny indie dev is outpacing cig at developing many things that cig claimed as their genius one of a kind creation and their promised features.

You are blind if you don't recognize such reality.

Bdsse my ass, here is the fact, my aurora is as broken and as limited as it was since it was first 'playable' in 2014; to this day, we don't even seen yet how are those aurora supposed to be able to haul cargo! And that is the most basic ship in the game that supposedly every new player would use.

Don't you able to see that incompetency?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@napo_sp said:

@groowagon:

That's what the fanboys and white knights are saying!

Potential potential potential

But if you compare both version of the game RIGHT NOW, you'd find a shocking reality and truth :

That a tiny indie dev is outpacing cig at developing many things that cig claimed as their genius one of a kind creation and their promised features.

You are blind if you don't recognize such reality.

Bdsse my ass, here is the fact, my aurora is as broken and as limited as it was since it was first 'playable' in 2014; to this day, we don't even seen yet how are those aurora supposed to be able to haul cargo! And that is the most basic ship in the game that supposedly every new player would use.

Don't you able to see that incompetency?

There are actual development videos out for SC, where you can see the actual progress and what's actually happening. So yeah, very much potential.

SURE, Hellion might be me more fun RIGHT NOW, but you got to understand the massive amount of work that needs to be done to craft the massive foundations for SC, before you start adding stuff on top of it. They didn't have ANYTHING ready (besides a rough concept). No team, no tools, no tech. Not even a plan; the original idea of Star Citizen was much smaller than what it grew out to be. When the funding skyrocketed, they had to start rapidly expand the team and extend their plans. That hectic start was a bit of a mess for CIG and a lot of people left the team out of frustration. Probably the first 2 years were not as productive there. There are articles about this if you wanna google it. Now the train seems to on track and things are progressing steadily.

You need to try to understand the amount of work that the most massive video game in history takes. It's a very risky project, but i'm happy to see that someone has balls to take the risk. I must admit that i'm a little skeptical how well the tech side will actually handle the massive universe with millions of small objects, or will it turn out to be a massive bug porridge. But you know what? I'm happy to fund a team that is at least trying.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 napo_sp

@groowagon:

You are skeptical with the tech aspect? Good because here is the news, sc as an mmo with all the features cig 'promised' is indeed doomed and destined to fail, I could give you just one example from many of the fundamental why it is so :

The realistic physical cargo system and handling.

It's a pandora box of programming waiting to be opened and unleashed the algorithm and coding hell.

And that is before the networking hell and all sort of nasty and unpredictable player interaction nightmares be added on the top of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@napo_sp said:

@groowagon:

You are skeptical with the tech aspect? Good because here is the news, sc as an mmo with all the features cig 'promised' is indeed doomed and destined to fail, I could give you just one example from many of the fundamental why it is so :

It's a pandora box of programming waiting to be opened and unleashed the algorithm and coding hell.

And that is before the networking hell and all sort of nasty and unpredictable player interaction nightmares be added on the top of it.

Yes, it's a crazy task. It doesn't mean it can't be done.

I'm just gonna have to go and trust that CIG knows more about coding than you do.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 napo_sp

@groowagon said:
@napo_sp said:

@groowagon:

Yes, it's a crazy task. It doesn't mean it can't be done.

I'm just gonna have to go and trust that CIG knows more about coding than you do.

as an mmo? it cannot be done.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

^ Stop spreading bs and go finish that pathetic LOD garbage game of yours, Derek.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 napo_sp

@kweeni said:

^ Stop spreading bs and go finish that pathetic LOD garbage game of yours, Derek.

lol, playign ED with 5 or more cmdrs in an instance already caused severe lags, sc is supposedly use no loca instance and have like 50x-100x the complexity/fidelity.

you can also look at other mmos when there were huge concentration of players in one area, there were always lag... look at eve online? their bigger battles were being played in literal hours of real time while the actual in game time only lasted several minutes, they had to deliberately do that to handle the server load.

ChasinTheTrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ChasinTheTrane
Member since 2017 • 63 Posts

This is just the problem with using Kickstarter and stretch goals. What they need is a better project manager. They took on way too much and probably would've delivered a solid, complete game if they didn't try to do EVERYTHING!

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By attirex

There is no project manager. Or anything keeping things in control. It's just starry-eyed Chris Roberts, unleashed and swimming in cash, promising the moon, but delivering not much. As a result, his game (and its aspirations) is ever soooooo slooooowly collapsing under the weight of its own feature and scope creep.

Yes, the publisher-developer model is not ideal and frequently results in games being released in an unbaked state....but at least they're released ffs.

Project management exists for a reason, kids. And that's mostly to keep smart but unfocused, dreamy-eyed developers in check and on task.

++++++++++++++++++++

Everyone replies: "F*ck you. Go kill yourself. I hope you die. I'm going to rape your daughter with a broken bottle, etc"

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BassMan

@attirex said:

There is no project manager. Or anything keeping things in control. It's just starry-eyed Chris Roberts, unleashed and swimming in cash, promising the moon, but delivering not much. As a result, his game (and its aspirations) is ever soooooo slooooowly collapsing under the weight of its own feature and scope creep.

Yes, the publisher-developer model is not ideal and frequently results in games being released in an unbaked state....but at least they're released ffs.

Project management exists for a reason, kids. And that's mostly to keep smart but unfocused, dreamy-eyed developers in check and on task.

++++++++++++++++++++

Everyone replies: "F*ck you. Go kill yourself. I hope you die. I'm going to rape your daughter with a broken bottle, etc"

In a typical corporate setting, I would agree with you. Project Managers are very important. However, in this situation we need the starry eyed dreamers to evolve the medium and push boundaries. They are given a unique opportunity to create something special. So, the project has to remain very fluid in nature. Again, I have no investment in the game whatsoever, but I am intrigued by the possibilities. I have not even played the game myself as I look forward to playing it in a more complete state. Patience is a virtue. Hating on something or someone and wishing or projecting failure does not benefit anybody.

This game is not even about profits. It is about making as good of a game as possible. Chris Roberts was already rich before starting this. This is a dream project for him and you have to respect that. Anybody who backed this game or continues to back it without fully understanding that is an idiot.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 attirex

Any situation that is 1) a project whose goal is to 2) release a product for sale to the public... immediately makes it a corporate setting. Roberts needs to get his head out of his arse and understand this.

Pushing boundaries and evolving the medium with a project that has fluid goals is for research and development, not for a video game project that has taken millions in donated money and has made huge promises on what it will supposedly deliver to eager fans (who at some point, will lose patience and turn). The combination of those two things will only end in disaster for everyone involved.

A good comparison is No Man's Sky. In that case, the team needed a good PR rep. Again, yes, PR deservedly gets a lot of sh*t for what it does (which is mostly cheesy), but NMS is a perfect example of what happens when someone isn't around to rein-in a dreamy-eyed dev who makes allllll sorts of promises he can't deliver. PR is there to control the messaging, control expectations. Why? Because otherwise, promises can be made that can't be kept. And then the internet gets angry and makes death threats.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

The game is massive in scope but I hope for the sake of the backers who've invested so much money into this game, that it doesn't end up being a flop or worse, a scam. A while ago, former employees involved in Star Citizen said that the management was absolute rubbish and that they were wasting money. Chris Roberts denies these allegations but how legit all this is, I cannot say but if I were a backer, I'd be on edge.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BassMan

@attirex said:

Any situation that is 1) a project whose goal is to 2) release a product for sale to the public... immediately makes it a corporate setting. Roberts needs to get his head out of his arse and understand this.

Pushing boundaries and evolving the medium with a project that has fluid goals is for research and development, not for a video game project that has taken millions in donated money and has made huge promises on what it will supposedly deliver to eager fans (who at some point, will lose patience and turn). The combination of those two things will only end in disaster for everyone involved.

A good comparison is No Man's Sky. In that case, the team needed a good PR rep. Again, yes, PR deservedly gets a lot of sh*t for what it does (which is mostly cheesy), but NMS is a perfect example of what happens when someone isn't around to rein-in a dreamy-eyed dev who makes allllll sorts of promises he can't deliver. PR is there to control the messaging, control expectations. Why? Because otherwise, promises can be made that can't be kept. And then the internet gets angry and makes death threats.

Dude.... Star Citizen is very much Research and Development. That perfectly describes how they are tackling the scope of the game. I understand some concern, but it is not like they are taking the money and running. They are releasing builds to backers and giving updates. It may not be as fast as some people like, but this shit takes time. As far as NMS is concerned, that game looked like shit from the get go and I knew that the developers were in way over their head. Chris Roberts and the rest of the team have the experience, know how, and budget to pull this off. I am still excited for Star Citizen. I have plenty of games to play and I can wait as long as needed.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#45 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

By the time this game sees a full release, it'll be so far out of date that Halo: Combat Evolved will look like a visual masterpiece next to it.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Dude.... Star Citizen is very much Research and Development. That perfectly describes how they are tackling the scope of the game. I understand some concern, but it is not like they are taking the money and running. They are releasing builds to backers and giving updates. It may not be as fast as some people like, but this shit takes time. As far as NMS is concerned, that game looked like shit from the get go and I knew that the developers were in way over their head. Chris Roberts and the rest of the team have the experience, know how, and budget to pull this off. I am still excited for Star Citizen. I have plenty of games to play and I can wait as long as needed.

Yup, pretty much. Can't really say I'm bored atm. Keep grinding Mr Roberts.

bryogus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By bryogus
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

Its announced last week that 3.0 is due in June, allowing players to land on planets and the start of professions. Also if you leave your ship on an asteroid and log out of the game, you will still be there when you log back in. Hopefully quest progression will be saved too. personally I think 3.0 will be the start of proper gameplay, as at the moment it is just glorified server stress testing.

I do have high hopes and they certainly seem to be releasing things quite fast atm

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mrbojangles25

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

By the time this game sees a full release, it'll be so far out of date that Halo: Combat Evolved will look like a visual masterpiece next to it.

You say that, but it's A.) already cutting edge, B.) developed on PC, which already put's it about ~6 years ahead of whats acceptable to millions of people on console (so apparently it will be fine for at least another ten years aesthetically speaking), and C.) you act like they can't make visual upgrades throughout development should certain things start to look dated.

I'm a skeptic too, but enough with the hyperbole and haterade.

@bryogus said:

Its announced last week that 3.0 is due in June, allowing players to land on planets and the start of professions. Also if you leave your ship on an asteroid and log out of the game, you will still be there when you log back in. Hopefully quest progression will be saved too. personally I think 3.0 will be the start of proper gameplay, as at the moment it is just glorified server stress testing.

I do have high hopes and they certainly seem to be releasing things quite fast atm

Yeah, I am looking forward to 3.0. I'm expecting it to be a buggy mess and not be any fun until 3.2...but still looking forward to it. I think it's going to be a tipping point in development as well, but that might just be a bit of optimism on my part.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By napo_sp

If you understand a little bit about coding, networking, and then have seen how mmo games actually work/play and have understanding about space sims plus what they actually want to do with with sc... (in comparison to other games and space sims specifically)...

Then there is no way you can be an optimist with sc.

Notice that their own scheduled 3.0 is already scaled down from what they showed us from 2015, development should've been about progress, and hardware tech certainly have been making progress since 2015... So why is this supposedly pcmr bdsse actually going backward?

Mind you we still don't have delta patcher today despite they have been promising it since 2013! Delta patcher is a software tech that would allow them to put out only important files in the download instead of having to redownload huge chunk of the game for even the smallest of change on a patch, aka what other games have been doing since forever.

Yet somehow this 150 million dollar game is unable to deliver it and they are still asking people to give them more money despite their CEO repeatedly assured us that the game was completely funded back then when they hit 25 million or so.