So... Battlefield: Bad Company 2

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

get outta here lol. i hate mw 2 that game is CRAP. i played it for a week and thats it. this game blows away mw2 and i love playing it online but its either im lagging slightly or the hit register is off....which many people have complained about.blues35301

A couple guns are actually inconsistent and maybe even buggy, I think. I've been seeing inconsistent bullet trajectory with the G3 as of late (a global weapon unlock), and it seems to happen at random. Sometimes I can nail people with it over massive distances with perfect accuracy, taking them down very quickly, whereas other times I cannot even TOUCH people with it at mid-short range (this is tapping single shots, which normally means the bullets go *exactly* where you're pointing.)

I've also seen it with a few other weapons on rare occasion. Hopefully they figure out what's going on, because it's a pretty frustrating when I do experience it. The G3 would be so much better were it not for this..

Spewaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Spewaged
Member since 2010 • 68 Posts
[QUOTE="Spewaged"][QUOTE="Lox_Cropek"]

Is it true that in BF: BC2 it takes too many shots to kill someone?

Roland123_basic
It takes half a clip to kill anyone. Skill is not the issue here, I am always a top player on my squad. This game has horrendous realism.

thats just a flat out lie.... it does not take 15 shots to kill.... just because your aim is terrible doesnt mean it takes half a clip to kill one person.

My aim is certainly terrible when I'm point blanking you right in the chest. It's not a lie, apparently the origial poster realizes this as well. It even takes way too many headshots to kill anyone. Quit defending the game with blatant lies. You can love the game as much as you'd like. I'll care as much as the next guy which probably is not much. I really don't care. This game does not require anymore skill than any other game. It just requires more bullets.
Spewaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Spewaged
Member since 2010 • 68 Posts
[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"]

[QUOTE="blues35301"] I think its pretty much terrible. Using assault rifles especially. I use the AN-94 which does 2 burst shots. I put usually 6 or so bursts so 12 shots into someone to kill them, and its the most powerful AR. and im saying when the hit register actually shows up for every single burst. Theres been times where i find a stationary sniper and put 3 or 4 full bursts into his HEAD before he dies. So thats 8 headshots. Thats just how this game is, head shots aren't instant kills.blues35301

and you are lying... big time. please...

nobody listen to anything this guy is saying, he is either trolling or a MW2 fanboy....

i kill people with one burst from the M16... and it is FAR less damage than the AN94. M16 fires 3 round bursts..... so please do explain your **** logic?

get outta here lol. i hate mw 2 that game is CRAP. i played it for a week and thats it. this game blows away mw2 and i love playing it online but its either im lagging slightly or the hit register is off....which many people have complained about.

This is not a lie. This happens to me constantly. Even with a sniper rifle you have to get 2-3 headshots in most cases. It's outright ridiculous.
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Velocitas8

This is not a lie. This happens to me constantly. Even with a sniper rifle you have to get 2-3 headshots in most cases. It's outright ridiculous. Spewaged

No.

The M24, GOL, and M95 are always 1 shot to the head. No exceptions. Even with body armor. Even at max range, it's always one headshot.

Your bullets are just dropping and hitting them in the body. Those aren't headshots that are registering.

The SV98 is also one headshot if the target is not wearing body armor (most players don't.)

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Seems to be fine for me.

And I use SMGs most of the time.

Use the irons and aim for the head.

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Velocitas8

Seems to be fine for me.

And I use SMGs most of the time.

Use the irons and aim for the head.

skrat_01

The SMGs are actually pretty boss and can kill very quickly. Unlocked 'em all, but I think the SCAR-L is still my favorite.

Not that I use SMGs much as Engie. Trying to get the platinum star on my Carl :lol: (I'm at something like 6 gold stars.)

Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
No, its fine their is really no problem with it..
Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts
[QUOTE="Spewaged"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"][QUOTE="Spewaged"] It takes half a clip to kill anyone. Skill is not the issue here, I am always a top player on my squad. This game has horrendous realism.

thats just a flat out lie.... it does not take 15 shots to kill.... just because your aim is terrible doesnt mean it takes half a clip to kill one person.

My aim is certainly terrible when I'm point blanking you right in the chest. It's not a lie, apparently the origial poster realizes this as well. It even takes way too many headshots to kill anyone. Quit defending the game with blatant lies. You can love the game as much as you'd like. I'll care as much as the next guy which probably is not much. I really don't care. This game does not require anymore skill than any other game. It just requires more bullets.

2 headshots is too many to kill someone? or one body shot and one headshot? WOW... you are a pretty impatient fella...
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Roland123_basic

[QUOTE="blues35301"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"]

and you are lying... big time. please...

nobody listen to anything this guy is saying, he is either trolling or a MW2 fanboy....

i kill people with one burst from the M16... and it is FAR less damage than the AN94. M16 fires 3 round bursts..... so please do explain your **** logic?

Spewaged

get outta here lol. i hate mw 2 that game is CRAP. i played it for a week and thats it. this game blows away mw2 and i love playing it online but its either im lagging slightly or the hit register is off....which many people have complained about.

This is not a lie. This happens to me constantly. Even with a sniper rifle you have to get 2-3 headshots in most cases. It's outright ridiculous.

THAT is a total lie.... with the M24, it is one shot to the head for a kill... i have done it countless times. COUNTLESS. with the 50cal sniper it is one shot to the body MOST of the time for a kill as well.

you people are being totally ridiculous and spreading falsities.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
Is fine for me. You just need to get used to it. ;)
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#61 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

I love the sniping in this game, pretty realistic because you need to angle your scope a little higher from the target in order to get a clean kill. Not the usual 'aim exactly at the body' type of sniping.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"] Not really, you always aim for center of mass and let the recoil shots hit the head. The game was recently updated and has MUCH better/faster hit reg in close quarters. Long range is still iffy, but players are fully capable of killing at range with any weapon in the game. It just takes experience and weapon control. Swiftstrike5

Aiming for the chest and waiting for it to hit the head is:

1. A waste of ammo

2. Gives them the chances to get away.

3. Gives you a greater chance of being spotted.

Aim for the head, or a little above it. 2 shots and they are dead.

It's actually quite the opposite for long range shots, unless you're using a sniper rifle. If you within 10m or so then I agree, aim for the head.

Actually I've sniped people from really far away with a pistol quite a few times.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58543 Posts

imo its just right.

depending on the gun, yes...it can take more than a few shots. On average, I'd say it takes half a clip to kill someone, less if you get some headshots (yes, that is plural).

Some weapons (like the engineer's submachineguns) take a lot of bullets, while others (the recon's sniper rifles, or shotguns) take one or two shots.

Fortunately, the damage system (the "bleeding" effects) work well, because if you unload, the guy will be close to death for a few seconds which leads to some intense close combat stuff...you get the guy this close to death, run out of ammo, yell "OH SNAP!" then whip out your pistol and doubletap him.

BF: BC2 really is an awesome game.

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] uh.... 10 shots for any FPS is far too many shots.... it takes about 4-5 shots with an assault rifle, 5 or so shots with a sub, 2 shots with any sniper other than the 50cal, and 2 or so shots with a shotty.Roland123_basic
Thats way too much for my taste.

so... you must not like MW1/2 either huh? because it is basically the same amount of shots on non-HC mode servers.

I completely disagree. It takes significantly more shots in BC2 than in MW2. Even without stopping power on weapons in MW2. The Scar is a lot more effective in MW2 than it is in BC2 for example. (there have been times where I am a few feet from a guy and I am unloading an entire clip and most if not all shots are registering as a hit(not bursting mind you) and not getting a kill where as MW2 a few shots at the same range guy is dead and I still have at least half of my clip) BC2 has a much larger reliance on burst firing and semi auto than MW2. BC2 may just have tighter damage models that MW2, but there is a noticable difference...

I should also add however, that I play Bc2 on PC and MW2 on 360, and I recently heard that BC2 on consoles has an increase in damage by about 25% compared to the PC version... I am not sure if this is the same for MW2 in which case that would definitely explain why I think MW2 is more effective in shot usage...

OnFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 OnFive
Member since 2010 • 73 Posts

Is it true that in BF: BC2 it takes too many shots to kill someone?

Lox_Cropek

YES, its a fact that every review I've seen has brought up. There was a huge thread on the beta forums about it when I used to play the beta. The fan boys just don't want to admit it for some reason. If you say otherwise they start attacking you with insults or say you're bad at FPS games.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#66 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Uhh Hardcore mode, you die very quickly. I would personally like to see a combination of hardcore and standard. I think the health recharge on standard is a joke for non medics, but on hardcore you die a tad too easy and no crosshair makes it too purist for me.
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Roland123_basic

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Thats way too much for my taste.gamer620

so... you must not like MW1/2 either huh? because it is basically the same amount of shots on non-HC mode servers.

I completely disagree. It takes significantly more shots in BC2 than in MW2. Even without stopping power on weapons in MW2. The Scar is a lot more effective in MW2 than it is in BC2 for example. (there have been times where I am a few feet from a guy and I am unloading an entire clip and most if not all shots are registering as a hit(not bursting mind you) and not getting a kill where as MW2 a few shots at the same range guy is dead and I still have at least half of my clip) BC2 has a much larger reliance on burst firing and semi auto than MW2. BC2 may just have tighter damage models that MW2, but there is a noticable difference...

I should also add however, that I play Bc2 on PC and MW2 on 360, and I recently heard that BC2 on consoles has an increase in damage by about 25% compared to the PC version... I am not sure if this is the same for MW2 in which case that would definitely explain why I think MW2 is more effective in shot usage...

im seriously done with these people.... you guys are being completely ridiculous... bull **** **** you are registering 25 shots from the SCAR and not killing someone. on NORMAL BFBC2 it takes about 4 shots to kill someone with the assault or sub... end of story. anyone who says anything otherwise is FLAT OUT LYING.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#68 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11793 Posts

People will complain about it taking too many shots or too little, no matter how its set up.. most people view it like this.. (while they are the ones shooting) it takes too long to kill someone or too many shots... (while they are the ones being shot at) it is way to easy to die.

I personally think the non-hardcore servers in mw1 and 2 are not that fun to me, hardcore is where i play (need some hardcore FFA) seems a little less like bs.

It is preference.. those that say its based on skill and skill alone, you are wrong.. (many things come into factor, especially in games like this)

mice, mousepads, the rig itself, the servers, the latency, the hit-detection on the game itself, etc. there are so many factors.

So to say skill is the only thing that matters is an uneducated and bias statement. (though skill plays a major role)