So... Battlefield: Bad Company 2

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Lox_Cropek
Member since 2008 • 3555 Posts

Is it true that in BF: BC2 it takes too many shots to kill someone?

Avatar image for Anarchist-TKC-1
Anarchist-TKC-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Anarchist-TKC-1
Member since 2004 • 303 Posts

The hit register is a bit "off". But hey do you want to stand still for me and let me try? :D

Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts

it doesnt take a lot shots to kill . but accuracy is quite low and recoil is quite high on rifles :) it takes 4~ shots with smg / assault rifle to kill some1 , 1-2 shot with sniper / shotgun and 2-3 full auto shotgun shots it also depends on specs like magnum bullets , plate guard spec's etc...

CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts

It's really not hard to kill someone if you know how to use the specific gun your using properly. If you have played Counterstrike it's pretty much like that game where almost every gun feels different in some way. For example in Counterstrike the AK47 is deadly in the hands of a skilled player but almost useless in the hands of an unskilled player.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

The hit register is a bit "off".

Anarchist-TKC-1
Something like this. It does not have to do totally with skill, it has to do with how the game is made. It has a slight miss in aim control mapping.
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
Weapons have damage and accuracy ratings so you can unlock better ones.
morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

Lox_Cropek

No, 2-3 shots to the head kills.

Body a few more, but you should be aiming for the head.

knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 knight0151
Member since 2008 • 1205 Posts

No, It actually doesn't. The people that tell you that are the ones firing with an assault rifle at full auto.

You're more accurate if you crouch and use bursts, and you can kill em in under 10 shots.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

It's really not hard to kill someone if you know how to use the specific gun your using properly. If you have played Counterstrike it's pretty much like that game where almost every gun feels different in some way. For example in Counterstrike the AK47 is deadly in the hands of a skilled player but almost useless in the hands of an unskilled player.

CPM_basic
QFT. You have to learn your gun, Stats aren't really everything, I suck with the first sniper but rock with the 3rd in BC2 (the 1st being the one you start out with second being the semi auto and third being the bolt action).
Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts

No, It actually doesn't. The people that tell you that are the ones firing with an assault rifle at full auto.

You're more accurate if you crouch and use bursts, and you can kill em in under 10 shots.

knight0151
uh.... 10 shots for any FPS is far too many shots.... it takes about 4-5 shots with an assault rifle, 5 or so shots with a sub, 2 shots with any sniper other than the 50cal, and 2 or so shots with a shotty.
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Roland123_basic
then again you can always do hardcore servers.... on those, it is like 2 shots with pretty much all rifles, subs, shotties, 1 shot with any sniper.
Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts

then again you can always do hardcore servers.... on those, it is like 2 shots with pretty much all rifles, subs, shotties, 1 shot with any sniper.Roland123_basic
harcore servers is total bs , it reminds me of mw2 , where who saw who first won the fight ...

bf bc2 is good as it is , need no hardcore modes ! :)

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dakan45
[QUOTE="knight0151"]

Roland123_basic
uh.... 10 shots for any FPS is far too many shots.... it takes about 4-5 shots with an assault rifle, 5 or so shots with a sub, 2 shots with any sniper other than the 50cal, and 2 or so shots with a shotty.

Thats way too much for my taste.
Avatar image for Anarchist-TKC-1
Anarchist-TKC-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Anarchist-TKC-1
Member since 2004 • 303 Posts

Just go as a medic and use the M60, then sneak into a room full of hostiles - spray and pray baby! Knife the first few, then let loose lol

Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Roland123_basic

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"]then again you can always do hardcore servers.... on those, it is like 2 shots with pretty much all rifles, subs, shotties, 1 shot with any sniper.Farkeman

harcore servers is total bs , it reminds me of mw2 , where who saw who first won the fight ...

oh you mean... how it would be in real life? BC2 is more of a realistic shooter than MW2. the realism of "i saw you first so you are dead" fits totally with the game.

Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Roland123_basic
[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"][QUOTE="knight0151"]

dakan45

so... you must not like MW1/2 either huh? because it is basically the same amount of shots on non-HC mode servers.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

If you spray or shoot from the hip it will require many shots. Personally for me 2 an94 shots to the head on a 10 ping server brings them down. The m24, sv98, gol sniper rifle and the m95 are all one to the head. M95 can possibly be 1 in the chest as well. The beginning assualt class rifles all require a couple shots unless in close quarters. I can take down people pretty easy with 4x scope and the xmb in 3 shot burst in close-mid range level. In the end, the game reward those who aim then those who spray. It really reminds me of counterstrike where small calculated shots far outway spraying down a spot.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#18 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

It takes practise...... Durign the beta i was not very good and thought the same thing.. then with more practise I got alot better and can kill people much faster.

Its actually alot better shooting mechanics imo then COD.

Give it some time and practise and you will be killing people with less shots and quicker. This is just not a pick up and PWN game like COD and others. This game is far more rewarding because you have to get better and practise.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#19 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="Anarchist-TKC-1"]

dakan45

Something like this. It does not have to do totally with skill, it has to do with how the game is made. It has a slight miss in aim control mapping.

It has everything to do with skill and practise.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
It does take quite a few shots to kill someone, but you get used to it. And then as you get better you get surprised by how little it takes to kill someone if you are getting headshots
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dakan45
[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"][QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] uh.... 10 shots for any FPS is far too many shots.... it takes about 4-5 shots with an assault rifle, 5 or so shots with a sub, 2 shots with any sniper other than the 50cal, and 2 or so shots with a shotty.

so... you must not like MW1/2 either huh? because it is basically the same amount of shots on non-HC mode servers.

What? no, it is not, call it whatever you want but players die easier from what i have played.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
The game has a learning curve, apparently people have forgotten this.
Suffca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Suffca
Member since 2008 • 666 Posts

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Thats way too much for my taste.dakan45

What? no, it is not, call it whatever you want but players die easier from what i have played.

Yeah, because you have stopping power...Turn it off and then it takes more shots to kill someone in MW2 than BC2.

Spewaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Spewaged
Member since 2010 • 68 Posts

Lox_Cropek
It takes half a clip to kill anyone. Skill is not the issue here, I am always a top player on my squad. This game has horrendous realism.
RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RedDanDoc
Member since 2005 • 3720 Posts

BFBC2 is patheticaly easy.:roll:

It's like this..... You have good rounds and you have bad rounds. Some people dont know how to play the game and come blustering in from a hard day's MW2 and expect to be good and instead get their asses handed to them on a plate.:lol:

They wouldnt dream in a million miles that they suck and need to learn how to play no instead they whinge and bleat on about Hit boxes not registering.

A lot of people that play this are BF2 veterans and have spent a good deal of time playing BF2 and thats why they are betterer than average at BFBC2 which is a far easier game.

sure the odd hit misses now and again so what get over it. Stop grasping at straws realize you need practice and get better.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] so... you must not like MW1/2 either huh? because it is basically the same amount of shots on non-HC mode servers.Suffca

Yeah, because you have stopping power...Turn it off and then it takes more shots to kill someone in MW2 than BC2.

I will not even try to debate with this. stopping power is not bullet damage.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dakan45
[QUOTE="Lox_Cropek"]

Spewaged
It takes half a clip to kill anyone. Skill is not the issue here, I am always a top player on my squad. This game has horrendous realism.

This^ it not about difficulity, its how the game is or feels.
Suffca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Suffca
Member since 2008 • 666 Posts

[QUOTE="Suffca"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"] What? no, it is not, call it whatever you want but players die easier from what i have played.dakan45

Wait what? You can't deny the fact that stopping power increases bullet damage which equals faster kills.

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
Just don't fire in full auto. I dont get the QQ over it. Doesn't even take that many shots and you should be with your team anyway.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Suffca"]

Suffca

Wait what? You can't deny the fact that stopping power increases bullet damage which equals faster kills.

Yeah but not the way you think it does, it basicly stops the player from reacting as fast as he would as if you did not have the perk also it increases damage to helicopters but it increases the damage by a small amount unless you use stopping power pro, in which you are right it equalls to a significantly. However i dont use that perk. I prefer moving fast and last stand, i dont like things that make your guns more powerfull in any way. I think they are powerfull enough.
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

[QUOTE="Farkeman"]

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"]then again you can always do hardcore servers.... on those, it is like 2 shots with pretty much all rifles, subs, shotties, 1 shot with any sniper.Roland123_basic

oh you mean... how it would be in real life? BC2 is more of a realistic shooter than MW2. the realism of "i saw you first so you are dead" fits totally with the game.

In realiy there would be 300 meters betwen you and your enemy and you'd have a squad with you in most cases...

So in real life it would be
"Enemies! Right flank!"
"Open fire!!!!"

then the individual marksmenship of each soldier, the combat manouvering training and the officers skill's to win the fight... Not "I see you! pow! pow! Your dead"

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Concentrated bursts will kill people. I've killed 3 people with one magazine with the XM8.

sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts

I think that the bullets also loose a bit of damage with range, similar to how they drop over long distances but it is anything from 2 - 6 shots depending on gun, location, range etc

It seems fine to me.

Spewaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Spewaged
Member since 2010 • 68 Posts
The game has a learning curve, apparently people have forgotten this. Dante2710
Learning curve? Yeah.. Right. This game is just horrid in all aspects. You have to empty half of a clip to kill anyone. If you're getting a headshot it still takes entirely too long. Not to mention the recoil is terrible
Doomsong83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Doomsong83
Member since 2010 • 108 Posts

I think that the bullets also loose a bit of damage with range, similar to how they drop over long distances but it is anything from 2 - 6 shots depending on gun, location, range etc

It seems fine to me.

sammysalsa

It does but when you play the single player and then go play multi it feels weird as hell. in the campaign a lot less bullets.

Kikujir0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kikujir0
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts
[QUOTE="Dante2710"]The game has a learning curve, apparently people have forgotten this. Spewaged
Learning curve? Yeah.. Right. This game is just horrid in all aspects. You have to empty half of a clip to kill anyone. If you're getting a headshot it still takes entirely too long. Not to mention the recoil is terrible

No, your just not good at the game. I don't know what else to tell you. Like the fellow above said before, I too often kill 2-3 people with just one clip, its just all about getting use to how the game works.
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts

i dunno how hard it is to hit someone but i've killed people from a distance as far as them looking like two letters of the font im typing with the starting assault rifle. and im pretty sure my 3 - 5 round bursts arent all hitting him. and i can kill him in about 4 bursts so assuming he gets hit with one bullet each time, i dont see why its hard to kill him.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#38 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

[QUOTE="Lox_Cropek"]

morrowindnic

Not really, you always aim for center of mass and let the recoil shots hit the head. The game was recently updated and has MUCH better/faster hit reg in close quarters. Long range is still iffy, but players are fully capable of killing at range with any weapon in the game. It just takes experience and weapon control.
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Those are the current statistics from the weapons in the games:

Which means: at short range, most of assault rifles need from 4 to 7 rounds in the torso in order to kill. But headshots X2 the damage, so sometimes in short burst -with weapons as the AN-94- you can kill with only 2 well placed bullets.

Notice also that the 1911 pistol can kill in only 2-3 shots at short range. You must take in consideration that damage can be improved with Magnum Ammunition perk (+25%) and health can be enhanced with Armor (+25%), but you can't equip both at the same time. A Rex headshot or 1911 magnum headshot are always instakill. Knife is instakill. 40 mm grenade launchers are instakill, rockets are instakill, also. Hardcore mode is even more brutal, two hits and it's over.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

[QUOTE="Lox_Cropek"]

Swiftstrike5

Not really, you always aim for center of mass and let the recoil shots hit the head. The game was recently updated and has MUCH better/faster hit reg in close quarters. Long range is still iffy, but players are fully capable of killing at range with any weapon in the game. It just takes experience and weapon control.

Aiming for the chest and waiting for it to hit the head is:

1. A waste of ammo

2. Gives them the chances to get away.

3. Gives you a greater chance of being spotted.

Aim for the head, or a little above it. 2 shots and they are dead.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

It takes practise...... Durign the beta i was not very good and thought the same thing.. then with more practise I got alot better and can kill people much faster.

Its actually alot better shooting mechanics imo then COD.

Give it some time and practise and you will be killing people with less shots and quicker. This is just not a pick up and PWN game like COD and others. This game is far more rewarding because you have to get better and practise.

kozzy1234

This is the truth. All of it.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#42 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"][QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

morrowindnic

Aiming for the chest and waiting for it to hit the head is:

1. A waste of ammo

2. Gives them the chances to get away.

3. Gives you a greater chance of being spotted.

Aim for the head, or a little above it. 2 shots and they are dead.

It's actually quite the opposite for long range shots, unless you're using a sniper rifle. If you within 10m or so then I agree, aim for the head.

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Lox_Cropek

If you can't aim, yes.

Some weapons are more accurate than others, true..and there are a few that are straight-up not worth using (unless you're just trying to get the stars for exp.) However..if you're having trouble dropping people extremely quickly with something like the AN-94 (*by far* the best AR imo), for example, you *really* need to work on your aim.

In general, though, most of the weapons in the game are very accurate and deadly if you're using them correctly. Assault can wreck over massive distances with the semi-auto rifles once they get a feel for bullet travel time (it should be noted that there is *no* bullet DROP with ARs, just travel time.) Most of the shotguns are ridiculously powerful, both slug and buckshot. Hell, the Engineer's SMGs are very good, even over moderate distances..not to mention one of the Medic's LMGs (M60) can effectively instagib people. All of the classes are deadly and can kill players very quickly.

Movement is one important aspect determining how quickly you kill. If you pause your moving to fire in bursts, you're going to be a lot more accurate, and thus take people down much more quickly. Crouching doesn't make any difference, however (though it is still useful to make you a smaller target.) You can NOT just run and spray in this game, which is probably what the people who are complaining about kill speed are doing.

The hit register is a bit "off". But hey do you want to stand still for me and let me try? :DAnarchist-TKC-1

Can't say I agree..I've found it to be very consistent. Just avoid walk-and-spray..your shots should be registering perfectly if you're adjusting for travel time and firing in bursts for the auto weapons. There does sometimes seem to be a weird thing with shooting from higher ground on occasion (have to aim a bit below where you want to hit), but other than that, the game's hit detection is rock solid.

Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Roland123_basic
[QUOTE="Lox_Cropek"]

Spewaged

thats just a flat out lie.... it does not take 15 shots to kill.... just because your aim is terrible doesnt mean it takes half a clip to kill one person.
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Roland123_basic
[QUOTE="Suffca"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"] What? no, it is not, call it whatever you want but players die easier from what i have played.dakan45

ROFL uh... WHAT!?!?! yes, it IS bullet damage.... stopping power makes each hit do more damage....
blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blues35301
Member since 2008 • 2680 Posts
[QUOTE="Anarchist-TKC-1"]

dakan45

I think its pretty much terrible. Using assault rifles especially. I use the AN-94 which does 2 burst shots. I put usually 6 or so bursts so 12 shots into someone to kill them, and its the most powerful AR. and im saying when the hit register actually shows up for every single burst. Theres been times where i find a stationary sniper and put 3 or 4 full bursts into his HEAD before he dies. So thats 8 headshots. Thats just how this game is, head shots aren't instant kills.
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Roland123_basic

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Anarchist-TKC-1"]

blues35301

I think its pretty much terrible. Using assault rifles especially. I use the AN-94 which does 2 burst shots. I put usually 6 or so bursts so 12 shots into someone to kill them, and its the most powerful AR. and im saying when the hit register actually shows up for every single burst. Theres been times where i find a stationary sniper and put 3 or 4 full bursts into his HEAD before he dies. So thats 8 headshots. Thats just how this game is, head shots aren't instant kills.

and you are lying... big time. please...

nobody listen to anything this guy is saying, he is either trolling or a MW2 fanboy....

i kill people with one burst from the M16... and it is FAR less damage than the AN94. M16 fires 3 round bursts..... so please do explain your **** logic?

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

I think its pretty much terrible. Using assault rifles especially. I use the AN-94 which does 2 burst shots. I put usually 6 or so bursts so 12 shots into someone to kill them, and its the most powerful AR. and im saying when the hit register actually shows up for every single burst. Theres been times where i find a stationary sniper and put 3 or 4 full bursts into his HEAD before he dies. So thats 8 headshots. Thats just how this game is, head shots aren't instant kills.blues35301

No. You're either lying, or you can't aim.

If you're hitting with every shot (easy on a static target), at max range, the AN-94 only takes 2 headshot bursts (2 bullets per burst) with magnum ammo to drop someone from *full* health.

Up close, damage is much higher. I probably average 3 bursts to kill someone with the AN-94. That's 6 rounds max. A clip holds 30 rounds. And people are saying it takes "half a clip" to kill someone? Yeah right.

Anyway, instant-kill headshots on auto/semi-auto weapons would be absolutely STUPID in this game, so I don't see why you're complaining. Movement is WAY too restricted for that. It would be miserably easy to kill & be killed.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
Most who are saying that BFBC2 sucks in its gun gameplay and mechanics are obviously today's "new gen" FPS players too noobified by games like MW/MW2. MW is a good game though and I played it to bits but the fact of the matter is...its still a noob game.
blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 blues35301
Member since 2008 • 2680 Posts

[QUOTE="blues35301"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Something like this. It does not have to do totally with skill, it has to do with how the game is made. It has a slight miss in aim control mapping.Roland123_basic

and you are lying... big time. please...

nobody listen to anything this guy is saying, he is either trolling or a MW2 fanboy....

i kill people with one burst from the M16... and it is FAR less damage than the AN94. M16 fires 3 round bursts..... so please do explain your **** logic?

get outta here lol. i hate mw 2 that game is CRAP. i played it for a week and thats it. this game blows away mw2 and i love playing it online but its either im lagging slightly or the hit register is off....which many people have complained about.