Publisher You Hate the Most?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

You know what's sad? Everybody is listing their reasons for disliking Activision, EA, Ubisoft, and Microsoft and yet THQ is having financial troubles while the others are not.Hexagon_777
THQ is too conservative, they just need more contracts, they only have two worth mentioning, Relic and Volition, whoops, forgot about the wrestling games, Yuke's, these 3 are most of the money THQ sees, they're like Paradox, only fewer contracts, instead of a sea of developers they have only 3 known ones and several others that are relatively unknown and niche.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

[QUOTE="SystemsGO"]

EA for their stance in general on PC gamers as a whole. I hate that they force Origin upon us with claim that it "ensures" better service, when truth be told I've had nothing but lack luster service from Origin. I also hate that they took the Madden franchise off of PC. I'm a big football fan and wouldn't mind being able to play madden. I also hate how they're making you pay for online activations if you purchase a used EA game on a console(not sure how it works with PC). Plus, their customer service is down right abominable.

I also hate Ubisoft second to EA.

Elann2008

Weren't you saying in another thread how you do not support used game sales? (I do not support it either) So why would hate online activations if you purchase used games? Unless I have you mistaken for someone else? I'm pretty it was you that said that.

Well, I can't speak for SystemsGO, but I generally buy new, and the online passes are just a huge PITA. CD keys on console games just are not a good idea. My wife cannot play the game online on her profile without buying a $10 pass, and I hate that. I'm not sure the online passes are doing anything to stop the used market anyway. I got $25 trading in FIFA 11 one month before FIFA 12 came out, so there must still be a market for the games. The day I can't trade last year's game in for at least $20 is the day I stop buying EA's sports games. They are just far too expensive without the used game market to supplement the cost.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 PurpleMan5000
You know what's sad? Everybody is listing their reasons for disliking Activision, EA, Ubisoft, and Microsoft and yet THQ is having financial troubles while the others are not.Hexagon_777
Didn't THQ start the whole online pass thing? I can't say I really feel sorry for them.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#54 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Ubisoft seems to be the hardest to work with for PC gaming. EA is right next to them.

Strangely, even with CoD being the ultimate console shooter, they run well and don't have nasty DRM tied to them for the PC versions. In fact, none of activisions PC games seem to have that problem.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 PurpleMan5000

Ubisoft seems to be the hardest to work with for PC gaming. EA is right next to them.

Strangely, even with CoD being the ultimate console shooter, they run well and don't have nasty DRM tied to them for the PC versions. In fact, none of activisions PC games seem to have that problem.

Wasdie
Yeah, in terms of business practices, Activision is one of the more honest publishers out there. They just don't have any good games, and if they did, they would just run them into the ground in a few years' time.
Nightmare799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 Nightmare799
Member since 2011 • 123 Posts

definedly EA for making BC1 only on consoles. srsly what the ****

ZOD777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 ZOD777
Member since 2010 • 305 Posts

Codemasters.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

EA and Bugthesda.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#59 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
And then EA will pick up Relic? :P Relic would be badass with a great budget for their games although it sucks hearing about THQ's financial problems.
Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts
[QUOTE="Prexxus"]

Wheres the Valve choice?

creaturemagic
I'll assume you are joking, but just incase you aren't I shall briefly sum up what Valve has done right and wrong for PC gaming. Right - Provided a service that not only allows users to keep all their games in one place, but that offers a bunch of social options and the most amazing sales ever. - Developed the Half life series, considered by many the best FPS of all time or the best Story told in an FPS. - Developed Counter strike, an immensely popular competitive online shooter. - Developed Team fortress 2, made it free to play (Which along with LoL, has been the reason everything is free to play these days) and then continued to release new weapons and maps FREE. - Developed Day of Deafeat, Portal 1 and 2 and Dota 2. - Never really had a bad stance on piracy, Valve's stance on piracy is that if you offer the pirates a better service than the pirating service than you will see a decrease in piracy. Which was shown when Valve made Steam available to Russia, and the piracy rates dropped a huge amount. - Never been a jackass and are just generally nice people. Wrong - Haven't released Half Life 3 yet. Back on topic. I despise what Activision does with the CoD franchise and the map packs. I despise Ubi's DRM and horrible console ports. I despise Microsofts Xbox live system and their terrible GFWL which ruined many games for me eg Batman and Section 8 prejudice. I despise EA for closing down amazing studiso and ruining games eg C&C 4 was horrid, Spore was completely different than Will Wright had planned, oh and origin sucks. I hate them all equally. You know the publisher/developer I hate the most? That's easy, its Blizzard.

That's a nice list of opinions. I hate every game that comes out of Valve. That's my opinion.
Jabby250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Jabby250
Member since 2011 • 524 Posts

[QUOTE="Prexxus"]

Wheres the Valve choice?

creaturemagic

I'll assume you are joking, but just incase you aren't I shall briefly sum up what Valve has done right and wrong for PC gaming. Right - Provided a service that not only allows users to keep all their games in one place, but that offers a bunch of social options and the most amazing sales ever. - Developed the Half life series, considered by many the best FPS of all time or the best Story told in an FPS. - Developed Counter strike, an immensely popular competitive online shooter. - Developed Team fortress 2, made it free to play (Which along with LoL, has been the reason everything is free to play these days) and then continued to release new weapons and maps FREE. - Developed Day of Deafeat, Portal 1 and 2 and Dota 2. - Never really had a bad stance on piracy, Valve's stance on piracy is that if you offer the pirates a better service than the pirating service than you will see a decrease in piracy. Which was shown when Valve made Steam available to Russia, and the piracy rates dropped a huge amount. - Never been a jackass and are just generally nice people. Wrong - Haven't released Half Life 3 yet. Back on topic. I despise what Activision does with the CoD franchise and the map packs. I despise Ubi's DRM and horrible console ports. I despise Microsofts Xbox live system and their terrible GFWL which ruined many games for me eg Batman and Section 8 prejudice. I despise EA for closing down amazing studiso and ruining games eg C&C 4 was horrid, Spore was completely different than Will Wright had planned, oh and origin sucks. I hate them all equally. You know the publisher/developer I hate the most? That's easy, its Blizzard.

Agreed about Valve. I don't play many shooters (though Valve games are the exception), but I have to admit they're the most consumer friendly developer I've seen by far. Any game they touch turns out great and/or innovative, and they support smaller devs a lot.

Pirates are a bit of a different matter. You see schmucks like Notch say things like 'piracy isn't theft' (whether true or not is irrelevant here) after he made millions. Point is, while Gabe Newell and Valve are far from being schmucks, you're less inclined to worry about the bread thieves after being so successful. And you're also far more likely to come up with reasons about why you were so successful when things work out in your favour.

And I'm being off-topic again...

Jabby250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jabby250
Member since 2011 • 524 Posts

[QUOTE="creaturemagic"][QUOTE="Prexxus"]

Wheres the Valve choice?

Prexxus

That's a nice list of opinions. I hate every game that comes out of Valve. That's my opinion.

Those aren't opinions. They're facts.