Publisher You Hate the Most?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

So, of the publishers above, which one do you hate the most!?

LordRork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 LordRork
Member since 2004 • 2692 Posts

I never had much against any of them, but EA is really starting to get on my nerves. I've bought two Origin-enabled games on disc now and both ended up downloading rather than installing from the disc. If EA want their own content protection...fine, but at least test your software properly!

It shouldn't be difficult to code in a condition to install from a disc...

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts

I never had much against any of them, but EA is really starting to get on my nerves. I've bought two Origin-enabled games on disc now and both ended up downloading rather than installing from the disc. If EA want their own content protection...fine, but at least test your software properly!

LordRork
I dislike EA for killing Ultima Online and canceling Ultima Worlds Online: Origin and Ultima X: Odyssey. However, EA has been improving over the years. They used to be really bad.
FeiYenKen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FeiYenKen
Member since 2010 • 247 Posts

Activision for Call of Booty(meaning that i don't like COB and some of Activision). EA is fine. Ubisoft kicks ass. Microsoft is great... Nuff' said

Edit: Sega is one of my publishers i hate... Sorry fanbois :(

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
Ya, with me its Activision cuz they continue to make douche moves but its more or less tied with Ubisoft. As for EA, I love their customer service and they do a good job of keeping their prices competitive but they have also been pulling some BS lately with some games. They're better than the rest but not by much.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

I dislike EA for cancelling Dungeon Keeper 3. Dude...come on.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
I don't hate any of them per se, but I'd have to choose Ubi as one that I like least of the four. In order, it'd be Ubi, MS, Activision, then EA. I haven't played an Activision game in a while, but I do like Blizzard.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#8 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
All 3 of them. Activision for only releasing rehashes and pricey DLC, EA for absorbing development studios and killing them (Bullfrog, Westwood), Uibisoft for treating us PC gamers like pirates.
Esoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Esoteric
Member since 2003 • 720 Posts

Activision, for Bobby Kotick. He trumps anything bad about the others.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

EA for canceling hockey on pc and a close 2nd to ubisoft for retarded drm which only hurts people who buy the game not the pirates.

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

Hate em all ... some reasons:

Activision - screwed up CoD and more !

EA - Origin and even more !

Ubisoft - hated em before, just dislike them now - good job Ubi !

Microsoft - dunno ... meh, put em on the hate list ... becouse why not !

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Atari because they're terrible at their job and they make things extremely hard for developers.

LordRork

Pay a minimum amount of attention to what you're doing and you will install from the disc.

Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts

EA for ruining Bioware.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

Atari because they're terrible at their job and they make things extremely hard for developers.

[QUOTE="LordRork"]

DanielDust

Pay a minimum amount of attention to what you're doing and you will install from the disc.

Yeah pay attention, no need to hate origin. Steam will do the same if installing without care
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I don't hate any publishers. I know that they have a duty and obligation to keep their company afloat and profitable. There are so many business operations that must be done. My responsibility isn't to whine and point the finger at a publisher. My responsibility as a consumer is to NOT buy what I don't like. I just hope that people aren't hypocrites by buying products they continually complain about.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

I don't hate any publishers. I know that they have a duty and obligation to keep their company afloat and profitable. There are so many business operations that must be done. My responsibility isn't to whine and point the finger at a publisher. My responsibility as a consumer is to NOT buy what I don't like. I just hope that people aren't hypocrites by buying products they continually complain about. Elann2008
The problem is, for many, you can't know you don't like a game unless you buy and play it.

Then there's the other dilemma I have, which is... I've had an unpleasant experience w/ a dev so I ignored many of their games... but then there's just that one awesome looking game by that dev which is on sale at -80%.:x

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
How is Atari, Ubisofts evil twin brother, not on this list? I can't really blame publishers for trying to make as much money as possible, but indie games are the future!
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

activision milked this life and the other out of call of duty (and i can't blame them if i was a publisher and see the same dumb people buying the same game year after year id do it too) but they don't come near to ruining the game industry at the level EA has.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

Ubisoft by a mile. The fact that they have really FUBARed their games and are now trying to make them accessible to everyone along with that really screwed up 24/7 DRM known as OSP. I paid for all my games and I own some $600 worth of their games and in some instances, two of some games andI hate being treated like I am the pirate. They can kissmy rear and they will not get another penny from me.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

EA and ubisoft were once cool.. even microsoft during their zoo tycoon and age of empires era (idc about gears of wars or halo)

No need to say anything about activision. They all worsen with time but my most "hated" publisher atm is ubisoft, for destroying splinter cell and their indifference towards pc gaming.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
Either Ubisoft for all the DRM or EA for making me suffer through their unpolished Bad Company games. I don't bother much with the other two so I can't say.
SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

EA for their stance in general on PC gamers as a whole. I hate that they force Origin upon us with claim that it "ensures" better service, when truth be told I've had nothing but lack luster service from Origin. I also hate that they took the Madden franchise off of PC. I'm a big football fan and wouldn't mind being able to play madden. I also hate how they're making you pay for online activations if you purchase a used EA game on a console(not sure how it works with PC). Plus, their customer service is down right abominable.

I also hate Ubisoft second to EA.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
[QUOTE="SystemsGO"I also hate how they're making you pay for online activations if you purchase a used EA game on a console

Yep EA is awesome like that, good thing more and more developers want to do things like that, they're slowly killing the used console games market, too slow sadly.
LordRork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#25 LordRork
Member since 2004 • 2692 Posts

DanielDust

Err, I put the disc in and pressed install. I even tried it a 2nd time. So yes, I was paying attention.

MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MadCat46
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts
Don't really hate any one more than the other, there isn't really a whole lot differentiating them in their motives, operations, etc. EA has probably made more douche moves than any of the others the past decade so I guess I can go with them.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Activision-You greedy b@s+@rds; milking franchises to death, having obscure prices for very small content ($20 map packs?), and just overpricing everything (Call of Duty Eliete $100? Why?).

EA-They too are turning down the path of Activision as they continually kill Bioware off and other developers; not to mention they do things their own way like making a completely ridiculous, pointless, and bad downloadable service that even in time just can't stand up to Steam (not even in one thousand years will Origin ever reach Steam and their services), and effing stupid ideas (Online Pass? Really?).

Ubisoft-The least of the hated bunch but they are growing on me in a bad way due to their treatment of PC users and what we get from them (Assassin's Creed 2 DRM...need I say more?)

Microsoft-Greedy as the others and just @#$% their Games for Windows Live $#!+. Seriously, it RUINED Batman: Arkham Asylum for me.

Out of the four the most hated is EA because Bioware is...welll...was a great developer that now their running them into the ground and their online passes are just stupid beyound belief and their greedyness exceeds even Activision with Origins and god knows WHAT else. :x

iSpectatoR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 iSpectatoR
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Activision :?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
If I were to rank those choices, with 1 being the worst and 4 being the best (well, not as bad as the others, anyway), I'd rank them 1. EA 2. Ubisoft 3. Microsoft 4. Activision I really hate what EA is doing with the online pass system. Ubisoft implements horrible DRM on their PC games and they seem to have made it a point to make all of their newer games incredibly easy. Microsoft is responsible for Games for Windows Live. Activision releases the same game every year, never lowers its price, and charges way too much for DLC, but who can blame them, really? At least they don't do anything dishonest (EA) or intentionally cripple the legitimate copies of their games (Ubi).
xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

EA without a doubt. They take all of the horrible practices from other publishers and combine them to form the most vile collection of capitalist wizardry in the industry. They even got away with charging a $5 fee for preordering SWTOR. Think about that for a minute, and despair.

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

Wheres the Valve choice?

Recon19D20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Recon19D20
Member since 2011 • 32 Posts

Ubisoft.

King of DRM stupidity and inability to understand their customer base.

Completely took the uniqueness and greatness of the Tom Clancy rights and buried them into mediocracy.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
UBisoft hands down. I haven't played anything from them in like..5 years.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Wheres the Valve choice?

Prexxus
oh noz, valve is teh PC gaming.
Grovilis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#36 Grovilis
Member since 2008 • 3728 Posts

EA due to the horrid Origin service. Also, I don't necessarily hate them but throw Microsoft in there as well for messing with RARE.

Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

Ubisoft, because I am extremely unimpressed by what they have to offer, all capped off with some funny DRM ideas.

Though I am liking EA less and less with each passing release, the little things add up, and they have some pretty sh*tty business practices under their belts. As for Activision, because I've stopped playing Call of Duty, they are essentially irrelevant to me. If we don't include Activision-Blizzard, it really doesn't have a franchise to die for.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Why would I hate a publisher? What's the reasoning?

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Activision. The way they do business is simply put a disease for gaming.

Same goes for Ubisoft, it's absolutely amazing that I just can't find anything good come out of Ubisoft. It looks like they actually WANT to make people hate them. It's not like they make good games anymore either :|

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Easily Ubisoft. Yes, Activision and EA have some messed up policies, but at least their PR has better things to do than constantly insulting an entire community of fans.

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

I guess it's EA for supporting SOPA :|. I'm about to uninstall all their **** and never buy any thing else from them.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#42 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

EA for their monopoly on the Madden series, taking it away from us on the PC, and not letting another company make an NFL game in its place.

Furthermore, after snuffing out any chance for competition, they sell a $60 roster update once a year.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
All 3 of them. Activision for only releasing rehashes and pricey DLC, EA for absorbing development studios and killing them (Bullfrog, Westwood), Uibisoft for treating us PC gamers like pirates. Miroku32
Same here. Activision being number 1 in my hate book, EA 2nd, and Ubisoft 3rd. Activision for selling nearly the same game over and over again. EA for Origin and removing some games from Steam plus their registration thing for their recent games. Ubisoft for using awful DRM which only affects its legit users and then blaming everything on piracy.
ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#44 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts
I hate Ubisoft simply because they introduce a horrible DRM and then point the finger at PC gamers as a reason to make our gaming experience crappy.
creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 creaturemagic
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts

Wheres the Valve choice?

Prexxus
I'll assume you are joking, but just incase you aren't I shall briefly sum up what Valve has done right and wrong for PC gaming. Right - Provided a service that not only allows users to keep all their games in one place, but that offers a bunch of social options and the most amazing sales ever. - Developed the Half life series, considered by many the best FPS of all time or the best Story told in an FPS. - Developed Counter strike, an immensely popular competitive online shooter. - Developed Team fortress 2, made it free to play (Which along with LoL, has been the reason everything is free to play these days) and then continued to release new weapons and maps FREE. - Developed Day of Deafeat, Portal 1 and 2 and Dota 2. - Never really had a bad stance on piracy, Valve's stance on piracy is that if you offer the pirates a better service than the pirating service than you will see a decrease in piracy. Which was shown when Valve made Steam available to Russia, and the piracy rates dropped a huge amount. - Never been a jackass and are just generally nice people. Wrong - Haven't released Half Life 3 yet. Back on topic. I despise what Activision does with the CoD franchise and the map packs. I despise Ubi's DRM and horrible console ports. I despise Microsofts Xbox live system and their terrible GFWL which ruined many games for me eg Batman and Section 8 prejudice. I despise EA for closing down amazing studiso and ruining games eg C&C 4 was horrid, Spore was completely different than Will Wright had planned, oh and origin sucks. I hate them all equally. You know the publisher/developer I hate the most? That's easy, its Blizzard.
gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

Activision, for Bobby Kotick. He trumps anything bad about the others.

Esoteric
This.
ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts

Normally I would say Activision, but I hate Ubisoft the most because I actually want to play their games but they make it damn clear they don't want my money with thier horrible DRM BS.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

EA for their stance in general on PC gamers as a whole. I hate that they force Origin upon us with claim that it "ensures" better service, when truth be told I've had nothing but lack luster service from Origin. I also hate that they took the Madden franchise off of PC. I'm a big football fan and wouldn't mind being able to play madden. I also hate how they're making you pay for online activations if you purchase a used EA game on a console(not sure how it works with PC). Plus, their customer service is down right abominable.

I also hate Ubisoft second to EA.

SystemsGO

Weren't you saying in another thread how you do not support used game sales? (I do not support it either) So why would hate online activations if you purchase used games? Unless I have you mistaken for someone else? I'm pretty it was you that said that.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
You know what's sad? Everybody is listing their reasons for disliking Activision, EA, Ubisoft, and Microsoft and yet THQ is having financial troubles while the others are not.