Poll SupCom VS CC3 vote now!!!!

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

accord100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 accord100
Member since 2005 • 442 Posts
Well I've been seeing mixed emotions about BOTH games. Lets just see how they stack up in a poll. Provide YOUR vote and pros/cons or thoughts(even though there is already few threads on that).

I'm very happy with how both came out. Where one lacks one thing, the other has. Both great games in my opinion.
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts
C&C 3
ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ElectricNZ
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts
I chose both, SupCom is more hardcore for competitive gaming , CNC is a bit more newbie friendly and for casual gaming.
Subacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Subacious
Member since 2006 • 345 Posts
There both great games, but I choose SupComm
mikemil828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mikemil828
Member since 2003 • 7024 Posts
Why compare them? They both are different takes on the same genre, SupCom is more Strategic based and CnC is more tactical. It's like comparing Ghost Recon and Unreal Tournament, they play completely differently despite the fact they are both FPS
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
SupCom brings something new and exciting to the genre. C&C 3 is just an old game with pretty graphics and it's really boring. And why people are comparing these 2 games is beyond me. If anything, you should compare CoH & C&C 3 because SupCom is far superior to both.
Lt_Riggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lt_Riggs
Member since 2003 • 630 Posts
Why compare them? They both are different takes on the same genre, SupCom is more Strategic based and CnC is more tactical. It's like comparing Ghost Recon and Unreal Tournament, they play completely differently despite the fact they are both FPSmikemil828
Why do you use those 2 games? They CANT be compared. GR = Semi-Modern Squad based warfare. UT=Futuristic run & gun tournament style fighting. COMPLETELY different. Not so much as SupCom and C&C. Both futuristic, unique story line, just one requires some sense of strategy than the other. And how can 1 game be strategic, and 1 tactical. You lost me. Tactics and Strategy... theres a difference?
Simechak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Simechak
Member since 2002 • 1497 Posts
CNC3, no question about it.  Vastly superior.
Lt_Riggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lt_Riggs

CNC3, no question about it.  Vastly superior.Simechak
Just curious. Tell me why

Oh yeah... It has Kane. I forgot. :roll:

Ebougile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ebougile
Member since 2005 • 2168 Posts

I would buy C&C 3 before Supreme Commander, but my vote goes to the third choice since both are on my agenda.

Lt_Riggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lt_Riggs
If someone wanted to know which game is more wanted.... why put a 3rd option? thats just pointless... its loss votes and noone will ever know
accord100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 accord100
Why compare them? They both are different takes on the same genre, SupCom is more Strategic based and CnC is more tactical. It's like comparing Ghost Recon and Unreal Tournament, they play completely differently despite the fact they are both FPSmikemil828

I'm comparing them because they are the latest RTS for PC gamers. I recognize the difference between them. This is just a "battle" of the latest in the RTS genre.

BTW you sig is awesome lol
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I voted for C n C : 3 .

orchid_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 orchid_boy
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
i'll vote none...cuz my computer dont have decent power to playing those both game :(
accord100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 accord100
I chose both, SupCom is more hardcore for competitive gaming , CNC is a bit more newbie friendly and for casual gaming.ElectricNZ

yea totally agree...I can see myself sitting there and spend a whole sunday for just one epic battle in SupCom. CC3 has got a high production feel to it with the HD cutscenes/sounds/fancy flashing explosions and they do look great when you play it on a high resolution widescreen monitor and surround sound speakers.
Samulies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Samulies
Member since 2005 • 1658 Posts
I really love sup com, but i havnt played CnC3 yet so, no oppinion yet :D
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

i'll vote none...cuz my computer dont have decent power to playing those both game :(orchid_boy

Don't u've a G 80 card ? IMO ... U'll play both absolutely fine. 

Link for ur specs ;

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25413232

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
Command and Conquer 3. SUPCOM is good from what i played of it. (had crappy performance on my PC).
orchid_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 orchid_boy
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts

[QUOTE="orchid_boy"]i'll vote none...cuz my computer dont have decent power to playing those both game :(indzman

Don't u've a G 80 card ? IMO ... U'll play both absolutely fine.

Link for ur specs ;

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25413232

well that's not mine actually...it's happen on my lucky bastar* friend computer, and for myself i have 6800gt, AthlonXP 2600 Barton, 1gb (512x2) DDR 400

gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gam3r3OOO
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts
I like both but Supreme Commander is way too demanding even for my fast computer (it plays but I doubt I could take advantage of all the features: 8 player maps, online play would be slow as there would be [no doubt] someone lagging due to incredibly high hardware requirements...). CnC3 isn't nearly as demanding.
Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts
I tried Supcom at friends house and didn't like it. I've yet to see any Command and conquer game i didn't like. I'm sure C&c 3 will kick ass. Will try demo soon.
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
Right now, I prefer Supreme Commander. I played the C&C 3 demo and, while it was good, it wasn't quite as good as SupCom.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#23 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

I've only played the demos for each game, so while a demo may be an unfair representation of the final product at least I'm giving them both an even chance. Comparing the full version of Supreme Commander with a C&C Demo (that only allows you access to one faction) is a bit harsh.

Having said that, I like my RTS games quick and merciful, with as little focus on base building and resource management as possible. C&C scores big there, plus it looks and runs great on my laptop. SC looks remarkably terrible and is not the smoothest game I've ever played. That and whoever thought it would be a good idea to have a horizontal interface on widescreen displays is an idiot. It's like playing the game in 2.35:1 aspect ratio.

Supreme Commander seems like a good game, it's just not my kind of RTS. Base and unit construction is painfully slow, and the battles just feel like they drag on.

We need more Myth type games, where you have to ration your units carefully rather than pump out a steady stream of new ones. I miss the games being about strategy as opposed to micromanaging.

ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ElectricNZ
DJ, you do realise that you can drag the interface where-ever you want it in SupCom.
zzz20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zzz20
Member since 2006 • 273 Posts

C&C 3

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
DJ, you do realise that you can drag the interface where-ever you want it in SupCom.ElectricNZ
My thought exactly ..
kostyakuzmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 kostyakuzmin
Member since 2006 • 1817 Posts
I'll buy both.....why? 'cause I love strategy games :D
Narcadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Narcadox
Member since 2006 • 864 Posts
C&C3 FTW :)
POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
I max out c&c3, get 8 FPS at 800/600 on sopcom. I Vote C&C for the simple fact I can play it
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#30 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

[QUOTE="ElectricNZ"]DJ, you do realise that you can drag the interface where-ever you want it in SupCom.BounceDK
My thought exactly ..

That's awesome, I knew they couldn't be that shortsighted. That description falls to me not noticing it. :P

mikemil828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mikemil828
Member since 2003 • 7024 Posts

[QUOTE="mikemil828"]Why compare them? They both are different takes on the same genre, SupCom is more Strategic based and CnC is more tactical. It's like comparing Ghost Recon and Unreal Tournament, they play completely differently despite the fact they are both FPSLt_Riggs
Why do you use those 2 games? They CANT be compared. GR = Semi-Modern Squad based warfare. UT=Futuristic run & gun tournament style fighting. COMPLETELY different. Not so much as SupCom and C&C. Both futuristic, unique story line, just one requires some sense of strategy than the other. And how can 1 game be strategic, and 1 tactical. You lost me. Tactics and Strategy... theres a difference?

Wow, you don't know there is a difference between Tactical RTSes and Strategic RTSes? Strategic RTSes focus on the large scale war while Tactical RTSes focus on a small part of that war. SupCom is a Strategic RTS, it's battles are typically for the entire planet, and quite a few battles will eventually take place before the game is settled, it is a long game with some lasting over 4 hours while most games are settle much faster than that. CnC3 is a tactical RTS it's battle typically just for a single city, and much less units are ultimately used. This is why comparing CnC 3 and SupCom isn't all that good, they may be in the same genre, but they are different gameplay wise and require different thinking for each in order to be successful

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

Why is there no option on your poll to choose that you're going to buy neither?

I'm not persoanlly saying that I'm not going to buy either one of them, but I just thought you should provide all options in your poll....

I still have yet to finish Company of Heroes (half way through!)...I guess I've kind of grown bored of RTS games. I'll just have to see which one sparks my interest the most and what the prices on them will be in the future.

Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#33 Terrorantula
Member since 2007 • 1795 Posts

I thought SupCom took too long to get into a battle and C&C3 was very Generic.......

None.

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
I thought SupCom took too long to get into a battleTerrorantula
It only takes a few minutes. Build some extractors, power generators, then some land factories, and you can have a fairly large battle at the beginning of the game.
NoRemnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NoRemnants
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts
I don't like the play style of SupCom... the zoom feature is nice but I couldn't really get into the style of it... I voted for C&C cause the demo impressed me.
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
Command and Conquer 3
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#37 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
I just finished playing the C&C 3 demo. The Supreme Commander demo was incredibly disappointing.. honestly I can't think of one thing I liked about that game. C&C 3 is everything I've been looking for!! So my choice is obvious.
stoutlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 stoutlad
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts
SupCom. Haven't played the CnC3 demo yet (stupid rate limited servers!!) but I was really impressed by SupCom.
drewtwo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 drewtwo99
Member since 2005 • 9156 Posts
Both are really great games, and I like what each game offers in terms of gameplay. However, I like to be able to play a lot of quick games in succession instead of just having to sit down for one battle for a couple of hours. I cannot reiterate how great Supreme Commander is, but C&C3 gets my vote.
CHrONoTRiGGeI2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CHrONoTRiGGeI2
Member since 2005 • 5260 Posts
cnc3 supcom is not even in the same league
ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ElectricNZ
[QUOTE="CHrONoTRiGGeI2"]cnc3 supcom is not even in the same league

FFS, I'm sick of how people say things like that, you can say CNC3 is good, but don't demean other great games by saying they are not even in the same league, if it wasn't then why are so many people comparing them and it's winning the poll.
Samulies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Samulies
Member since 2005 • 1658 Posts
Wow, i loved sup com demo. but by the sounds of it the CnC demo is gona whipe the floor with sup-com. :D good news.
zayl99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 zayl99
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts
C&C 3. I've been a fan of the Tiberium Wars C&C series since the first :).
joppe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 joppe2
Member since 2005 • 316 Posts
C&C 3 for me :)
tsb247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 tsb247
Member since 2004 • 1373 Posts
I choose both.  I love the C&C storyline (Minus the bastard child of C&C...  We know it as Generals), so I am very excited about C&C3.  I also loved Total Annhilation, and I rushed out to buy Supreme Commander when I heard it was out.  I am not disappointed with Supreme Commander, and the C&C3 demo just got me excited about the upcoming release of C&C3.  I can't really chose one over the other because I am a fan of both.
tsb247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 tsb247
Member since 2004 • 1373 Posts
[QUOTE="CHrONoTRiGGeI2"]cnc3 supcom is not even in the same league

Supreme Commander has much greater depth to it than C&C3 will have (that we know of anyway). Have you even played Supreme Commander? It's amazing! I'm not saying that C&C3 will be bad by any means, I'm just saying that you can't really say that yet. If you did play Supreme Commander, and you didn't like it at all, I would be shocked, but I would at least understand your statement a little better. Supreme Commander has some innovative features that most RTS games do not have, and the sheer scale of the game is unprecidented. C&C3 will be great, but I doubt it will be quite as creative as Supreme Commander since it is, after all, an EA game. Dispite that, I too am lookingforwad to the launch of C&C3.
dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts
C&C 3 8) for me 
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
C&C3, I didn't have fun with the SupCom demo.
thewilyranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#49 thewilyranger
Member since 2004 • 319 Posts
I'll go with both Supreme Commander blew me away with all that it has to offer and I have always been a huge C&C fan, I've played all of them so I expect nothing but good from C&C 3.
oback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 oback
Member since 2004 • 7151 Posts
supcom all the way