POLL are these ur favourite rpg since 2005 ?

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for poovannaorcbane
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 poovannaorcbane
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

I am so exicited that skyrim and witcher 2 have a release date !!! happiest gaming news this year !!! havent yet played dragon age 2 though reactions are mixed have to find out for myself!! these are my all time favourite rpg!! though i have played oblivion for close to 200 hrs !!! now i cant look at the game !!! i am sure a lot of people have different choices from the five so let me know !!

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
Sacred, because it's the only RPG I've ever finished.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
I'll stick to your choices. Out of those as a standalone game I like DA:O the most. Fallout 3: was just awesome because it nailed the atmosphere, everything except the feeling of loneliness and atmosphere is severely flawed. Oblivion: is by far the worst ARPG made, also far worse than even Fallout 3. Mass Effect 2: was awesome, but I didn't choose it because it was a sequel, it should have been Mass Effect series. The Witcher: was a great game but I just never finished it (reached the end of chapter 3) had to format the OS, never bothered again.
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 poovannaorcbane
u have not mentioned which ?
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 poovannaorcbane
Sacred, because it's the only RPG I've ever finished.Crimsader
which ?
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 poovannaorcbane

I'll stick to your choices. Out of those as a standalone game I like DA:O the most. Fallout 3: was just awesome because it nailed the atmosphere, everything except the feeling of loneliness and atmosphere is severely flawed. Oblivion: is by far the worst ARPG made, also far worse than even Fallout 3. Mass Effect 2: was awesome, but I didn't choose it because it was a sequel, it should have been Mass Effect series. The Witcher: was a great game but I just never finished it (reached the end of chapter 3) had to format the OS, never bothered again.DanielDust
severly flawed ? in what way ? i am a big fallout 3 fan so elaborate !! is it the AI ? the enemies just standing around and waiting for u to walk into their "attack radius" or that headshot on humans wont work unless u sneak up and shoot from behind and or shoot really long way off ? or is it all those frequent crashes and glitches ? :?

why according to is oblivion so bad ? no game has me addicted for that long as oblivion !!

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

DAO for me, I guess because of Morrigan and Leliana.

• Mass Effect 2 with Liara, Kelly and Miranda
  • Witcher with Triss and Shani :D

The ladies make a game for me if I'm gonna be spending 50+ hours on a game then ya know at least make it ummm.....interesting :P

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
[QUOTE="Crimsader"]Sacred, because it's the only RPG I've ever finished.poovannaorcbane
which ?

The original Sacred. It was a jewel for it's time.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DanielDust

] severly flawed ? in what way ? i am a big fallout 3 fan so elaborate !! is it the AI ? the enemies just standing around and waiting for u to walk into their "attack radius" or that headshot on humans wont work unless u sneak up and shoot from behind and or shoot really long way off ? or is it all those frequent crashes and glitches ? :?

why according to is oblivion so bad ? no game has me addicted for that long as oblivion !!

poovannaorcbane
I liked Fallout 3, but all you need to do is take a look at Fallout NV and notice pretty much everything that was missing in Fallout 3. Performance was great for me, but AI was kinda stupid, lots of locations that were made just to fill some voids, shooting was horrible, story was bad but after Oblivion it was half decent and it had few npc models (far from the Oblivion level) and animations were bad. Oblivion, there's not much to say, it has only two qualities, graphics and modding capabilities, because dialogues are horrible, story is horrible, AI is horrible, animations are horrible, NPC models are extremely few, only a few voice actors for the entire game (Patrick Stewart is great, but not that great, no actor is) and combat is bad (just because they're one of the few that tried to make it more dynamic, doesn't mean they should get away with it). Don't know how people like it, how critics liked it, but this is a disaster compared to any game bethesda made and it's by far the worst game in the common RPG genre that I ever played.
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 poovannaorcbane
[QUOTE="poovannaorcbane"]

] severly flawed ? in what way ? i am a big fallout 3 fan so elaborate !! is it the AI ? the enemies just standing around and waiting for u to walk into their "attack radius" or that headshot on humans wont work unless u sneak up and shoot from behind and or shoot really long way off ? or is it all those frequent crashes and glitches ? :?

DanielDust
I liked Fallout 3, but all you need to do is take a look at Fallout NV and notice pretty much everything that was missing in Fallout 3. Performance was great for me, but AI was kinda stupid, lots of locations that were made just to fill some voids, shooting was horrible, story was bad but after Oblivion it was half decent and it had few npc models (far from the Oblivion level) and animations were bad. Oblivion, there's not much to say, it has only two qualities, graphics and modding capabilities, because dialogues are horrible, story is horrible, AI is horrible, animations are horrible, NPC models are extremely few, only a few voice actors for the entire game (Patrick Stewart is great, but not that great, no actor is) and combat is bad (just because they're one of the few that tried to make it more dynamic, doesn't mean they should get away with it). Don't know how people like it, how critics liked it, but this is a disaster compared to any game bethesda made and it's by far the worst game in the common RPG genre that I ever played.

interesting points i have no valid counter arugument
callan_walsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 callan_walsh
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I loved dragon age: origins, and oblivion, but i must say i prefer fallout 3. Although it is riddled with bugs and crashes alot, the wasteland experience is perfect. The feeling matches the original fallout, but you dont have the hard time in trying to work out the actual controls haha. It fits the retro style, unlike new vegas which lacks alot of it with its modern era weapons. In all i enjoyed it more than DA and oblivion, but origins was a huge load of fun for me.
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 poovannaorcbane
I loved dragon age: origins, and oblivion, but i must say i prefer fallout 3. Although it is riddled with bugs and crashes alot, the wasteland experience is perfect. The feeling matches the original fallout, but you dont have the hard time in trying to work out the actual controls haha. It fits the retro style, unlike new vegas which lacks alot of it with its modern era weapons. In all i enjoyed it more than DA and oblivion, but origins was a huge load of fun for me.callan_walsh
is this ur first post?
lukeaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lukeaxx
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Dragon Age: Origins, on the higher difficulty levels, because it was so tactical and took alot of thought, it wasn't just another hack n' slash.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Just The Witcher. And you could say Dragon Age Origins too. But, The Witcher is my favorite of all of recent memory. You should read the books. They're amazing. :)
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DanielDust
Just The Witcher. And you could say Dragon Age Origins too. But, The Witcher is my favorite of all of recent memory. You should read the books. They're amazing. :)Elann2008
If only they'd release all the books in English :(.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]Just The Witcher. And you could say Dragon Age Origins too. But, The Witcher is my favorite of all of recent memory. You should read the books. They're amazing. :)DanielDust

Rumor has it, they're translating the rest of the books, but slowly.. I'm not sure what that means. But yes, sad face here too. :(

poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 poovannaorcbane

[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]Just The Witcher. And you could say Dragon Age Origins too. But, The Witcher is my favorite of all of recent memory. You should read the books. They're amazing. :)Elann2008

Rumor has it, they're translating the rest of the books, but slowly.. I'm not sure what that means. But yes, sad face here too. :(

the witcher stories are something like conan ? short high octane adventures that take place chronologically? or a full length novel? i am not comparing conan's character with the witcher's , just wanted to know how the stories are told!! though the combat system was weird it made up in every other department
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 poovannaorcbane
Dragon Age: Origins, on the higher difficulty levels, because it was so tactical and took alot of thought, it wasn't just another hack n' slash.lukeaxx
i got my arse handed to me in high difficulty so only played it normal going to start a 2nd playthrough soon with hard mode!!
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 poovannaorcbane
dragon age origins still clearly the most popular rpg !!!
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
NWN II.
rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

dragon age origins still clearly the most popular rpg !!! poovannaorcbane

Among 14 people that comments on the forum of a console oriented site??

And Btw...Mass Effect 2 is not an RPG...If the developers of Chessmaster 3000 would say about their game that is a FPS...that would not be automatically true...

Out of ur list i would choose between The Witcher & Fallout 3...

But there are so many other RPG's since 2005 that can be placed on ur list:

NWN2

Two Worlds 2

Divinity 2 DKS

Gothic 3

to name just a few...

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#22 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Dragon Age - masterful. One of my top games for this generation! :D
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Fallout: New Vegas > The Witcher >> Neverwinter Nights II >>> Dragon Age: Origins >>>> Mass Effect >>>>> Jade Empire >>>>>> Mass Effect 2 >>>>>>> Fallout 3 >>>>>>>> Oblivion

That's pretty much how all my modern RPGs go. I'm not really impressed by anything after the second best.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#24 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
I have alot favorite so here is my top 3. Dragon Age Oblivion Mass Effect
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts
The Witcher is easily my favourite of the lot. Mass Effect 2 was also fun, but the rest had some pretty major flaws.
RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts

The Witcher from that lot. Mask of the Betrayer otherwise.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

The only one on that list I did not throw away in disgust was The Witcher.

Mask of the Betrayer>Witcher>Mount And Blade: Warband>Risen>Eschalon 2>Risen>Eschalon 1>Fallout: New Vegas>(bad games)>Mass Effect>Fallout 3>Oblivion>Mass Effect 2>Dragon Age: Origins.

Deathykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Deathykins
Member since 2007 • 1412 Posts

Out of the games in this poll? The Witcher.

Out of all RPGs since 2005? Mount & Blade Warband.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#29 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

On that list The Witcher

I'd have put Fallout: NV over Fallout 3, and ME 1 (this would be my favorite overall) over ME 2

I'd also put Risen in front of Oblivion (as an RPG, not an overall game)

Nighteg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 Nighteg
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts
Out of those - Fallout 3. And i'd choose ME over ME2.
Avatar image for Thatonedude5432
Thatonedude5432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Thatonedude5432
Member since 2010 • 411 Posts
Definantly Oblivion. You can mod it to make it much more fun.
Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts
The Witcher. It has the best and most meaningfull decision system I've ever played in a game, plus everything else was suberb. Can't wait for the witcher 2.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
Why the Witcher wins these kinds of polls I will never understand.. Anyways, out of those choices I like Dragon Age: Origins.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Fallout New Vegas is pretty damn awesome, but I think I like Mass Effect a little bit more. The story was just so well told.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Dragon Age: Origins. The Witcher was a great game in some aspects, but I hated parts of the game so much that I consider it to be worse than a lot of other games.

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

Why the Witcher wins these kinds of polls I will never understand.. Anyways, out of those choices I like Dragon Age: Origins.xsubtownerx

DA is one of the worst RPGs of the past 10 years. NWN 2, Drakensang, Oblivion, Morrowind, the Gothic series, Fallout 3, Divinity 2, Risen, The Witcher,the list goes on - blow the doors off DA.

I still don't know why people defend it. I guess hype works after all.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Why the Witcher wins these kinds of polls I will never understand.. Anyways, out of those choices I like Dragon Age: Origins.Born_Lucky

DA is one of the worst RPGs of the past 10 years. NWN 2, Drakensang, Oblivion, Morrowind, the Gothic series, Fallout 3, Divinity 2, Risen, The Witcher,the list goes on - blow the doors off DA.

The main thing for me was that the combat wasn't horribly boring in Dragon Age. The Witcher's combat bored me to death.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

[QUOTE="Born_Lucky"]

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Why the Witcher wins these kinds of polls I will never understand.. Anyways, out of those choices I like Dragon Age: Origins.cain006

The main thing for me was that the combat wasn't horribly boring in Dragon Age. The Witcher's combat bored me to death.

I do agree about the combat, while the witcher still is one of my favorite RPGs the combat was not too good. Thankfully they've redone the combat for the witcher 2.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Id like to say Dragon age origins out of the list..Its a shame they fell flat on there face with the second game..They also choose not to admit what a failure the second game is..Fallout 3 is one of the best ive played in a long time also..Oblivion was just a paper weight in my collection, morrowind bye far was the better rpg,im hopeful for skyrimm hearing a lot of good things, hopefully they learned there lesson from oblivions mistakes...Some of yall will flame me but i dont care..It was a horrible mess..The witcher ive never finished some day i will, even though ill play witcher 2 just looks amazing..Never winter nights 2 was a amazing rpg like some of yall are talking about..Ill replay the game some time in the future again..

This year looks to be a good year for rpgs again..The witcher 2, dao2 i know it was horrible but still a rpg. ds3 seams like fun saw it played, torchlight 2 looks cool, perhaps diablo 3 will be out also, than you have skyrimm, Seams like a very good year for rpgs, also me3..Good thing ive upgraded hehe..

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DanielDust

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Why the Witcher wins these kinds of polls I will never understand.. Anyways, out of those choices I like Dragon Age: Origins.Born_Lucky

Clearly people never played DA:O, it's the hype that makes us vote it. There's a thing called, common sense, get some.
pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts

Nice poll good range of choices. It was a tough & close call between The Witcher and DA:O both different, in the end I went with DA just because it seemed to have everything I could want. I had an amazing experience with it.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

From your list I'd probably go with The Witcher although I truly hated the combat. DA:O wasn't too bad either despite having some pretty big flaws. But the other games on your list, I'd be hard pressed to even call them RPGs.

poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 poovannaorcbane

[QUOTE="poovannaorcbane"]dragon age origins still clearly the most popular rpg !!! rhazzy

Among 14 people that comments on the forum of a console oriented site??

And Btw...Mass Effect 2 is not an RPG...If the developers of Chessmaster 3000 would say about their game that is a FPS...that would not be automatically true...

Out of ur list i would choose between The Witcher & Fallout 3...

But there are so many other RPG's since 2005 that can be placed on ur list:

NWN2

Two Worlds 2

Divinity 2 DKS

Gothic 3

to name just a few...

i played all those games u listed.... didnt like it hence not on my top 5 favourite rpg list !!! its my personal choice !!! i put up this topic to see how many people shared my tastes thats it !! nothing more nothing less!! u should try the rpg RISEN its pretty awesome !!
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#44 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
call of duty mw2 online. best use of rpg elements ever.
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 poovannaorcbane

Out of the games in this poll? The Witcher.

Out of all RPGs since 2005? Mount & Blade Warband.

Deathykins

is mount and blade really that good ? hhhhmmmm....reading its reviews now

poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 poovannaorcbane
[QUOTE="yellosnolvr"]call of duty mw2 online. best use of rpg elements ever.

u r kidding right :lol:
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 poovannaorcbane

Nice poll good range of choices. It was a tough & close call between The Witcher and DA:O both different, in the end I went with DA just because it seemed to have everything I could want. I had an amazing experience with it.

pcgamer_07
the only parameter that made origins NOT get a 10/10 rating was its outdated visuals/graphics and the protagonist not having a voice!! . but it excelled in every other department and i spent close to a 100 hrs playing the campaign on normal mode !!! going to play it in difficult mode nxt!! the unique thing about this game was the characters' armor and faces being blood splattered !!! it was something i have not seen or noticed in other titles!!!
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 poovannaorcbane

On that list The Witcher

I'd have put Fallout: NV over Fallout 3, and ME 1 (this would be my favorite overall) over ME 2

I'd also put Risen in front of Oblivion (as an RPG, not an overall game)

with_teeth26

there was nothing NEW about new Vegas!!! fallout 3 was grander and more epic!! this is what i feel so i am not saying ur wrong (please dont point that gun at me!! ) fallout 3 nailed it with its desolate atmosphere and hopelessness of living in a world ravaged by nuclear war and u being the one that gives hope to all the souls u meet on ur journey !!! new vegas never gave me this feeling though it must be applauded for its storyline not falling to the cliched good vs bad .... and all choices u make lies in the moral grey areas because ur perception of good is looked upon by another as being bad or disadvantageous and often no group of people are right/good or wrong/bad Mass effect has the most kick ass sci-fi fantasy story ever that i have come across!!! i felt it was way better than star wars- star trek (hey its only my point view ) but on a game play level the game lacked punch and it didnt feel action packed and thats where mass effect 2 nailed it!!!

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#49 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts
None, I actually kind of disliked them all the same for various reasons. Fallout 3 = boring, easy Oblivion = boring, easy Dragon Age = entertaining, but hasn't kept my interest enough to finish it (probably the best out of the 5 you listed) ME2 = okay story, very easy - almost making it not fun to play The Witcher = decent story, horrible gameplay mechanics (specifically the combat) I much more enjoyed Neverwinter Nights 2 over the ones you listed.
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 poovannaorcbane

None, I actually kind of disliked them all the same for various reasons. Fallout 3 = boring, easy Oblivion = boring, easy Dragon Age = entertaining, but hasn't kept my interest enough to finish it (probably the best out of the 5 you listed) ME2 = okay story, very easy - almost making it not fun to play The Witcher = decent story, horrible gameplay mechanics (specifically the combat) u never cranked up the difficult level? cause if u say u didnt find any of the games challenging then u either have lighting fast reflexes or well .... u just hate these games and ur giving these reasons I much more enjoyed Neverwinter Nights 2 over the ones you listed.neatfeatguy
u never palyed them on higher difficulty modes ?? now dont tell me u have lightening fast reflexes so it was never a challenge;)