This topic is locked from further discussion.

ofitser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ofitser
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
Does anyone know any good pc games with cooperative play mode?
ferozeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ferozeak
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts

I was thinking of starting a thread on the same topic :)

There doesn't seem to be too many co-op PC games out there. Some games like Far Cry & Half Life 2 have mods that let you play the storyline in co-op. Im downloading one now, will let you know if it works.

Theres also a game called Left 4 Dead (based on the HL2 engine) which supports up to four players in story mode. Its supposed to be due out early 2007.

Going to do a bit more digging but i am surprised that so few PC games have co-op.

moffe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 moffe12
Member since 2005 • 626 Posts
Coop is very rare theese days... Really sad since it's by far my favourite way of multiplayer. I'd look into the mods already mentioned atleast, and serious sam.
EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
Serious Sam, SS2, some Splinter Cell  ..maybe.
BlaZe_irl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BlaZe_irl
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
eh.....splinter cell and rainbow 6 vegas have coop i think...also u can play coop against bots in BF2
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
There is a mod for Half Life called Sven Co-op. If you have HL and steam try it ;)
ofitser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ofitser
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
i installed a coop mod to doom 3 but it didnt work, some open GL sh1t. Probably b cuz i have dx not open gl. but the other mods i installed didnt work either :D . They had same problem.... what should i do, to fix it?
holotek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 holotek
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
FPS
Swat 4 + Stetchkov syndicate (has a stack of good mods avail max 10 players)
Rainbow Six vegas (system requirements pretty hardcore 4 players)
first to fight: close combat (4 players)
Joint ops
battlefield 1942 + desert combat mod
battlefield vietnam
Ghost recon adv warfighter

Non FPS
Rome total war
Age of mythology
Company of heroes
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Coop games? How about Chicken Run? :lol:

As for co-op, I don't really regard games like BF as Co-op games. They are more multiplayer structured games in which you can play on the same side. Co-op to me means a single player campaign that more than one person can participate in.

Nearly all the D&D games of recent years: Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale 1 and 2 (although in these the entire game would pause when one person entered a conversation). Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 both have great co-op. System Shock 2 was originally a single player only game, but a LAN co-op patch was later released that made the game much easier to play.

Also, as mentioned Sven was cool. It gets a little laggy in the in-game cutscenes, but playing the original campaign Co-op is pretty fun.

-Byshop

leoploradon01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 leoploradon01
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts
GRAW,coop mod comeing out for oblivion....only things ic an think of at the moment.
1Lonehawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 1Lonehawk
Member since 2005 • 873 Posts
Avoid run-on sentences they are hard to read. Don't use no double negatives. Use the semicolon properly, always use it where it is appropriate; and never where it isn't. Reserve the apostrophe for it's proper use and omit it when its not needed. No sentence fragments. Avoid commas, that are unnecessary. Eschew dialect, irregardless. And don't start a sentence with a conjunction. Hyphenate between sy-llables and avoid un-necessary hyphens. Write all adverbial forms correct. Don't use contractions in formal writing. Writing carefully, dangling participles must be avoided. It is incumbent on us to avoid archaisms. Steer clear of incorrect forms of verbs that have snuck in the language. Never, ever use repetitive redundancies. If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, resist hyperbole. Also, avoid awkward or affected alliteration. Don't string too many prepositional phrases together unless you are walking through the valley of the shadow of death. "Avoid overuse of 'quotation "marks."'"By Shop's Sig reads:
Ha ha! Ya, and speak gooder ingamelish while your at it! :lol: :P
nerd_rock_riot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 nerd_rock_riot
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts
The best coop i've played is in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory's online Coop missions... They're much like the single player missions, but have some added challenges and multiple play modes, and they have the same success rating system that the single player has so you are constantly trying to do better!
nerd_rock_riot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nerd_rock_riot
There is also still plenty of people who play it too
nerd_rock_riot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nerd_rock_riot
but having a headset is a must in those and the spy vs. merc online games
holotek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 holotek
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
If playing through the single player campaign in co-op mode is your thing and I'd have to say its my preference as well,
then I'd modify my list to the following:

Rainbow Six Vegas (system requirements pretty hardcore 4 players)
First to Fight: Close Combat (4 players)
Joint Ops
Ghost Recon Adv Warfighter (needs lotsa patching)

However I stand by Swat 4 as a viable co-op game,  you have to load up maps on server individually and theres no overiding storyline but with the addition of the SSF mod or similar it makes for a very entertaining tactical shooter. (especially with the maximum 10 players). :D
pardue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pardue
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts
unfortunately, besides mods, you wont find great coop experiences on the pc. the console sheep still hold the awesome coop games.
Kjarrideath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Kjarrideath
Member since 2005 • 88 Posts
I totally agree, we need more coop games!! Games that i have played in coop: Half-life 2: Obsidian conflict - Its pretty good coop mod nice maps and some new things. Doom 3: Last man standing - Its a great coop mod, you can play the doom 3 in coop and classic doom in coop. Rainbow six: Vega - : Pretty good coop mode, you basicly make your character and then fight single player missions with friends. Serious Sam: Been a long time since i tested it but i remember the coop was great! :) Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - The coop mode was awesome! Operation Flashpoint: Really cool coop mode in that game, especially when you made the map your self. Ghost recon: Coop was awesome! And i have heard its possible to play halo in coop is that right?
Warsport99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Warsport99
Member since 2004 • 1156 Posts
FEAR has a coop mod called Warfare.  I downloaded it a while back but all the servers were locked, so I never tried it and I dont play fear anymore.  Its probably decent though.
Agriath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Agriath
Member since 2006 • 1516 Posts
Supposedly Doom3 can be played Coop over the internet/network. Dont know if this is true though, never tried it.
Cra2y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Cra2y
Member since 2004 • 342 Posts
Diablo2

"nickname" has joined the game and Diablo's minions grow stronger" :)
Rigges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 Rigges
Member since 2003 • 191 Posts
Brothers in Arms : EIB had a really nice coop mode. The bad thing about it is that it isn't story mode and there is only 5 missions (another 5 if you play as germans too) but I had a lot of fun with it, esp the sniper level, I played as sniper with a noob on the ground so I could save his ass :) haha anyways just an option.
out0v0rder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 out0v0rder
Member since 2006 • 1994 Posts
are you lanning? Then try the ULTIMATE COOP........play any game that has internet multiplayer and both of you join on the same team and OWN!@!)(*@)(.