Nvidia GTX 700 series release date rumors.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

I've done a bit of searching and found rumors that the GTX 700 series may be coming out as early as next month.  Does anyone here have any info to confirm/deny this?  I ask because I've had my current GPU for 2 years, and am itching for an upgrade.  I don't like to upgrade every generation, and would rather wait for the 700's, for obvious reasons.  

Any info?  Thanks.  

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts

I've done a bit of searching and found rumors that the GTX 700 series may be coming out as early as next month.  Does anyone here have any info to confirm/deny this?  I ask because I've had my current GPU for 2 years, and am itching for an upgrade.  I don't like to upgrade every generation, and would rather wait for the 700's, for obvious reasons.  

Any info?  Thanks.  

hartsickdiscipl
Gtx 700 should be Maxwell, a new architecture, so I wouldn't get my hopes up until late Q3, Q4.
SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

Any info?  Thanks.  

homeboylizard

Gtx 700 should be Maxwell, a new architecture, so I wouldn't get my hopes up until late Q3, Q4.

I wonder why Nivida does this? Release the 600 series, wait a year, put out the 700 series, and then 2 years for the next? I guess this means you can never be too comfortable getting the first release after a 2 year stable series. I guess I'll wait for the 7 series.

gt350tsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 gt350tsc
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts

The better question how will the 780,  compere to the Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan?

Both performance and price I'm wondering. Didn't it take the 9800gx2 take the place of 8800 ultra?

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hartsickdiscipl

Any info?  Thanks.  

homeboylizard

I was thinking GTX 700 would be a Kepler refresh.  That would follow the Nvidia pattern.  Maybe not though.  

Jermone123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jermone123
Member since 2006 • 803 Posts

I am eager for an upgrade as well. I am still on the AMD 5000 series. I would get the Titan, but for $1,000, absolutely no way. I don't see how Nvidia can come out with the 700 series anytime soon when they just released the "Titan". It wouldn't make any sense. How would the 780 be priced and how would it perform againt the Titan?It would bve a cluster...

I think Nvidia isn't going to release the 700 series in sometime. I don't even think it will be this year. Nvidia probably released this Titan card to quench peoples thirst of needing an upgrade, making them pay a premium to do so. I am thinking the release of the next gen systems have something to do with the delay of the 700/8000 series cards.

Damn, why did Nvidia have to price the Titan so insanely high? I would really consider pulling the trigger even if it was at $800, but $1,000? That is just coo coo dollars.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hartsickdiscipl

I am eager for an upgrade as well. I am still on the AMD 5000 series. I would get the Titan, but for $1,000, absolutely no way. I don't see how Nvidia can come out with the 700 series anytime soon when they just released the "Titan". It wouldn't make any sense. How would the 780 be priced and how would it perform againt the Titan?It would bve a cluster...

I think Nvidia isn't going to release the 700 series in sometime. I don't even think it will be this year. Nvidia probably released this Titan card to quench peoples thirst of needing an upgrade, making them pay a premium to do so. I am thinking the release of the next gen systems have something to do with the delay of the 700/8000 series cards.

Damn, why did Nvidia have to price the Titan so insanely high? I would really consider pulling the trigger even if it was at $800, but $1,000? That is just coo coo dollars.

Jermone123

Good point about how Titan would effect a potential GTX 780.  From what I've seen, AMD doesn't plan on releasing a new line of desktop GPUs all year.  If that's true, Nvidia doesn't really have a reason to either.  If we're more than 5 or 6 months from a new series, I'm thinking I may as well grab one of the current cards and sell my existing GPU while it's still worth something.  

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

[QUOTE="Jermone123"]

hartsickdiscipl

Good point about how Titan would effect a potential GTX 780.  From what I've seen, AMD doesn't plan on releasing a new line of desktop GPUs all year.  If that's true, Nvidia doesn't really have a reason to either.  If we're more than 5 or 6 months from a new series, I'm thinking I may as well grab one of the current cards and sell my existing GPU while it's still worth something.  

I am in the same position as you. Though I am not building my new system til July so things could possibly change before then. 

My current line of thinking was to get a Titan, but is too expensive, so maybe the cheaper GTX 690 instead, or even 2 GTX 680s? I wish there was more info on a GTX 780 though.

trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

I am personally holding out for the 700 series as well. I was totally excited for the Titan, but as others have mentioned @ $1000 it is a stupid purchase. It is outperformed by the 690 and other sli setups that are often $200-300 cheaper, what a waste.

However, everything I read about the 700 series states that it will be released this year, and maybe even soon. Rumors state that it will indeed be a keplar refresh and Maxwell will be a 2014 release. Nvidia have stated that the Titan is completely independent of the 600 and 700 series, and as far as I can tell it's simply an overpriced collector's item.

Honestly I think Nvidia has the motivation to release 700 series since AMD did indeed state they are not doing hardly anything this year in the GPU department. Nvidia will have a monopoly on the market and with all the people itching to upgrade (myself included) they'd definitely make their profit.

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lunar1122
Member since 2012 • 784 Posts

they better release the 700 series soon. The amount of people itching to upgrade after crysis 3 and all these next gen consoles must be sky high. Nvidia has some really big future problems as well, AMD is about to become a monster

Im not talking about just next gen consoles, they probably make next to nothing producing those chips. The real benefit of amd behind the curtains for next gen consoles is Microsofts direct support in cpu multicore optimization and ways of removing the overhead that consoles dont usually have in regards to the gpu( since xbox 720 will be using direct x 11.1) . Since they gotta advantace that tech for the next gen consoles based off of amd's architecture primarily both intel and nvidia should worry.

Currently  Radeon has always had to brute force their way in graphic cards to compete with nvidia, and brute force their stuff to compete with intel .. You kidden me? 8 core almost 5 ghz cpu (8350) to compete with standard i5's which are 4 core.   The optimzation for more cores is going to lessen the distance amd gets owned by intel considerably. 

All i know is the future is looking bright for amd and nvidia should be worried.

I dunno why nvidia has to wait on amd to release something, if nvidia can put out some new cards that completely blow amd out of the water at a better price ... Theres nothing to wait on, as amd have already stated the 8xxx series wont be coming out until atleast Q4. Thats atleast, chances are 2014.. 

Thats a long damn time to wait.

LordEC911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LordEC911
Member since 2004 • 9972 Posts

Kepler refresh later this year, 2H, with GK114 as a GTX780. Maxwell won't be coming until 2H 2014 supposedly.

AMD is releasing new products in the next few months with a new generation coming later this year.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Kepler refresh later this year, 2H, with GK114 as a GTX780. Maxwell won't be coming until 2H 2014 supposedly.

AMD is releasing new products in the next few months with a new generation coming later this year.

LordEC911
I am going with this as I've said before. Kepler refresh 2013 summer or after, Maxwell in 2014.
LordEC911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LordEC911

AMD is releasing new products in the next few months with a new generation coming later this year.LordEC911

Would like to add there is a possibility of a lower binned GK110 taking the GTX780 name.

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 homeboylizard

[QUOTE="LordEC911"]Kepler refresh later this year, 2H, with GK114 as a GTX780. Maxwell won't be coming until 2H 2014 supposedly.

AMD is releasing new products in the next few months with a new generation coming later this year.LordEC911

Would like to add there is a possibility of a lower binned GK110 taking the GTX780 name.

First up, what the hell does lower binned even mean? If it means dumbed down, then Nvidia has already done it, it's called GK104, the 600 series chip. A 700 series can either be a fully optimized refresh of GK104, or Maxwell. Making a chip that's only a bit better than GK 104, and worse than GK110 seems like a waste of time and money.
LordEC911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LordEC911

First up, what the hell does lower binned even mean? If it means dumbed down, then Nvidia has already done it, it's called GK104, the 600 series chip. A 700 series can either be a fully optimized refresh of GK104, or Maxwell. Making a chip that's only a bit better than GK 104, and worse than GK110 seems like a waste of time and money.homeboylizard

A binning is seperating a specific ASIC into groups based upon certain characteristics. Those characteristics are based upon the ASIC's market, generally higher quality silicon goes to the professional market, Tesla/Quadro and FirePro/FireStream, while the lower bins go to gaming cards, Geforce and Radeon HD.
An example of those characteristics are; functional units, speed, volatage, thermals, etc. 

There is no reason why Nvidia couldn't be stockpiling GK110 chips that can't be used as a K20 in the professional market for a later release as a Gerforce. This would allow Nvidia to keep selling the Titan at it's $1000 pricepoint and not killing consumer relations while still offering something branded as a Geforce card that offers a decent performance increase over GTX680.

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 homeboylizard

[QUOTE="homeboylizard"]First up, what the hell does lower binned even mean? If it means dumbed down, then Nvidia has already done it, it's called GK104, the 600 series chip. A 700 series can either be a fully optimized refresh of GK104, or Maxwell. Making a chip that's only a bit better than GK 104, and worse than GK110 seems like a waste of time and money.LordEC911

A binning is seperating a specific ASIC into groups based upon certain characteristics. Those characteristics are based upon the ASIC's market, generally higher quality silicon goes to the professional market, Tesla/Quadro and FirePro/FireStream, while the lower bins go to gaming cards, Geforce and Radeon HD.
An example of those characteristics are; functional units, speed, volatage, thermals, etc. 

There is no reason why Nvidia couldn't be stockpiling GK110 chips that can't be used as a K20 in the professional market for a later release as a Gerforce. This would allow Nvidia to keep selling the Titan at it's $1000 pricepoint and not killing consumer relations while still offering something branded as a Geforce card that offers a decent performance increase over GTX680.

The way I see it GK 110 was never intended to be a Geforce chip, nor should it try to be one. It should have remained purely as proffesional Tesla chip used for computing, not rendering. If anything, Titan is low end computing card, that with the minor tweaking Nvidia did, can be a high end Graphics Card using only 1 GPU, instead of 2 (GTX 690, ROG Ares II).

Also, Nvidia killed themselves pricing 1000$ for Titan. Why? A GTX 690, which also costs 1000$ generaly does a better job that it was primarily made for, rendering 3D animation by 20%-30%. So Titan should have costed around 750$.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="LordEC911"]

[QUOTE="homeboylizard"]First up, what the hell does lower binned even mean? If it means dumbed down, then Nvidia has already done it, it's called GK104, the 600 series chip. A 700 series can either be a fully optimized refresh of GK104, or Maxwell. Making a chip that's only a bit better than GK 104, and worse than GK110 seems like a waste of time and money.homeboylizard

The way I see it GK 110 was never intended to be a Geforce chip, nor should it try to be one. It should have remained purely as proffesional Tesla chip used for computing, not rendering. If anything, Titan is low end computing card, that with the minor tweaking Nvidia did, can be a high end Graphics Card using only 1 GPU, instead of 2 (GTX 690, ROG Ares II).

Also, Nvidia killed themselves pricing 1000$ for Titan. Why? A GTX 690, which also costs 1000$ generaly does a better job that it was primarily made for, rendering 3D animation by 20%-30%. So Titan should have costed around 750$.

Nvidia may feel that they don't make enough money on Titan at $700-800 each.  I know that is a sad statement, but it may be true.  They may have created  a monster chip that just doesn't perform well enough in games to justify the price that they have to charge to make money on it.  When they sell GK110 as a computing part, they can jack the prices way up for the enterprise sector.  They make tons of money on them there.  What we are left with is a card that costs over twice the price of cards that Titan can only beat by 20-30%.  

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 homeboylizard

[QUOTE="homeboylizard"]

[QUOTE="LordEC911"]

hartsickdiscipl

Nvidia may feel that they don't make enough money on Titan at $700-800 each.  I know that is a sad statement, but it may be true.  They may have created  a monster chip that just doesn't perform well enough in games to justify the price that they have to charge to make money on it.  When they sell GK110 as a computing part, they can jack the prices way up for the enterprise sector.  They make tons of money on them there.  What we are left with is a card that costs over twice the price of cards that Titan can only beat by 20-30%.  

Yeah, it's like they made a collectible item out of a PC component...Luckily, ATi is making the offical 7990 to rival Titan and GTX 690 at a more reasonable price...let's just hope rumors are true like they were for Titan!!!
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="homeboylizard"] The way I see it GK 110 was never intended to be a Geforce chip, nor should it try to be one. It should have remained purely as proffesional Tesla chip used for computing, not rendering. If anything, Titan is low end computing card, that with the minor tweaking Nvidia did, can be a high end Graphics Card using only 1 GPU, instead of 2 (GTX 690, ROG Ares II).

homeboylizard

Yeah, it's like they made a collectible item out of a PC component...Luckily, ATi is making the offical 7990 to rival Titan and GTX 690 at a more reasonable price...let's just hope rumors are true like they were for Titan!!!

A collectible item is only good if it grows in value over a period of time, and can be sold for for a much higher amount for what you bought it for; even if you choose to keep it. On the other hand, Titan is an overpriced component. Nothing more than a MARKETING campaign by Nvidia to lead the front page: "World's fastest computer with 3xTitans!" You have to admit, Titan is turning heads and that's all Nvidia needs to setup itself for the rest of the year until they release Maxwell in 2014.
LordEC911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LordEC911

The way I see it GK 110 was never intended to be a Geforce chip, nor should it try to be one.homeboylizard

The same could have been said for G80, GT200, GF100 and GF110...

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
The price of the GTX 680 is still too high. Normally you start seeing prices on Nvidia's GPU to start going more and more south...and then BAM new card announced. When you start seeing 680's for $399 easily, then expect a new card announcement dropping.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

The price of the GTX 680 is still too high. Normally you start seeing prices on Nvidia's GPU to start going more and more south...and then BAM new card announced. When you start seeing 680's for $399 easily, then expect a new card announcement dropping.ShadowDeathX

tumblr_m0h40ow99W1qc7mh1.jpg

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 homeboylizard

[QUOTE="homeboylizard"]The way I see it GK 110 was never intended to be a Geforce chip, nor should it try to be one.LordEC911

Yet the price of each Graphics Card that implemented those chips never was over 600$ at lauch IIRC. A 1000$ is a 1000$ no matter how good or bad the product is.
LordEC911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LordEC911

[QUOTE="LordEC911"]

[QUOTE="homeboylizard"]The way I see it GK 110 was never intended to be a Geforce chip, nor should it try to be one.homeboylizard

Yet the price of each Graphics Card that implemented those chips never was over 600$ at lauch IIRC. A 1000$ is a 1000$ no matter how good or bad the product is.

I'm sorry what does that have to do with anything?

Edit- Both G80 and GT200 had a MSRP over $600...
Nvidia has constantly been trying to increase the enthusiast GPU prices up to $1000 and only because of AMD's design/pricing strategy have they not been able to do so until now. 

Junhong05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Junhong05
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
700 will still be based on Kepler. 800 will be based on Maxwell.
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

perhaps it's response to the next gen consoles and are working on something very powerful and economical

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts

perhaps it's response to the next gen consoles and are working on something very powerful and economical

NoodleFighter

Doubtfully if According Rumours with How PS4 / Xbox 3 Will use 8 Core at 800mhz was it ? with a video card that sit between a 7850 & GTX 660   at Stock Clock But it Would be nice if it increase Quality of PC PORT that there too stubborn to not properly develop it on PC

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

marcthpro

Doubtfully if According Rumours with How PS4 / Xbox 3 Will use 8 Core at 800mhz was it ? with a video card that sit between a 7850 & GTX 660   at Stock Clock But it Would be nice if it increase Quality of PC PORT that there too stubborn to not properly develop it on PC

Well considering they're mid range true they wouldn't need to pull out another 8800GTX or GTX 460, but I hope they do cause I plan on upgrading to put myself ahead of the next gen consoles by a lot and play some upcoming PC games like Star Citizen maxed out at 1440p+ with decent performance

but a price drop on cards like the GTX 680 to $300 could be enough :P

but I have a feeling they will considering AMD nabbed all the next gen consoles, Nvidia will put more focus onto PC gaming and whatever that handheld thing is as a way of retaliating

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts

GTX 670 Can fall as low as 325$ MIR With a Hot Deal for a Gigabyte / MSI  and 300$ for a PNY which is considered the Worst Brand :P  , the Cheapest to get as well and it very close to a GTX 680 at Lowest price albeit it sure GTX 680 stronger and overclock ,  However it seem in majority of game it don't worth it extra 80-120$ if you don't plan later to sli it

But I don't feel in anyway the console will affect the PC  Gaming Hardware Wise unless they pull off a magic trick with optimization and can make it 1.8 TFLOPs =/= 2.5 + TFLOPS after Years of optimization on working on that said game  AAA titles for for like 3 Years but I have huge doubt. that anything of the sort happen

But It not like I know what i am talking about i am just speaking my thought on what I read People on System war believed it was near a GTX 680 lol and i doubt the console in question consume more then 280W PSU  While the Typical Gaming Computer Recommend a  550W  or 650 / 750W & for Pair of GPU + for there component even if ur not close to consume 450W with a 7870 Overclocked  it not recommend to go with anything below it

But I think we are Drifting of the subject we where speaking of GTX 7xx I do Hope they do Release As Lordec911 said previously and that they would have a up to +40% boost over Kepler Since there Kepler Refresh while there PP$ is Worthing it over Getting a GTX 670 now at like 325-365$ and a Second  for up to 100$ Less Around Fall 2013 maybe even Earlier

because GTX 570 Price history of 385$ MSRP For overclocker edition's are now all down to 200$ or 180-150$ on Ebay the product wasn't DECLARED EOL YET thought unlike GTX 580 which was Declared EOL

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
I really wish for 700 release in a few months. Titan was a big disappointment for me because of the cost.
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

LordEC911

WHere are you getting this info AMD said they werent releasing any new products this year that they were happy with the 7000 series

edit nvm just saw they anounced it!

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts
I'm looking to get a new video card, but I don't want to get a 670 or 680 because the next 760ti should be as powerful and more efficient for about 300.00. I'm looking at the higher end cards because I want to get a 27" 25x16 monitor. Otherwise a 660ti would do fine.
ButcherBiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ButcherBiz
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
well your wrong. i know people and the gtx 780 will be at tade show in dallas tx third week of may 2013..
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Can someone link to the nvidia announcement?

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts
It will be interesting to see how the GTX 700 series compare with Titan and 690. I'm expecting lower prices; Nvidia can't release £600+ GPUs without affordable options. Both kind of buyers; high-end (£600+) and medium-end (£300 - £550) should be catered. I have no plans of upgrading since I'm happy with my 670. I think it's gonna last me for another 3 years.
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts
[QUOTE="Cyberdot"]It will be interesting to see how the GTX 700 series compare with Titan and 690. I'm expecting lower prices; Nvidia can't release £600+ GPUs without affordable options. Both kind of buyers; high-end (£600+) and medium-end (£300 - £550) should be catered. I have no plans of upgrading since I'm happy with my 670. I think it's gonna last me for another 3 years.

I can't imagine the 700 series being faster then the Titan... Probably come close.
abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
[QUOTE="hrt_rulz01"][QUOTE="Cyberdot"]It will be interesting to see how the GTX 700 series compare with Titan and 690. I'm expecting lower prices; Nvidia can't release £600+ GPUs without affordable options. Both kind of buyers; high-end (£600+) and medium-end (£300 - £550) should be catered. I have no plans of upgrading since I'm happy with my 670. I think it's gonna last me for another 3 years.

I can't imagine the 700 series being faster then the Titan... Probably come close.

The 600 series is already close enough to the titan, if the 700 series cards are weaker than a Titan then it would cause major chaos for those who where waiting..like me :P
betawolfhd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 betawolfhd
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Well the thing about the Titan vs SLI or Crossfire setups is it has a very similar performance to the high end setups but without the problems that are accompanied by the SLI and Crossfire setups. Its not the cards fault. Its a driver problem for SLI and Crossfire setups. That was the goal of the Titan. and unlike the 690 the Titan can Quad SLI. (690 are really only capable of 2 way SLI. Even though it has 2 GPUs on the same card.) And I imagine the reason they priced it so high is because they can. I hope there is a reason that AMD is dragging there ass on this.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#40 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

I think you should upgrade if you have the money right now. The nvidia 600 series offers about 50% performance boost over the equivalent 500 cards so I'll say thats pretty damn good for an upgrade. The minimum cards that you should consider are the 660 Ti and 7870. I know you prefer nvidia but really I havent had any driver issues so far with my 7850. :)

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
700 will still be based on Kepler. 800 will be based on Maxwell.Junhong05
Or maybe both Kepler and Maxwell like with the 600 series being both Fermi and Kepler.
kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

i wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for the 700 series. It will be a Kepler refresh and probably be released q3/q4 this year since amd has stated that they are sticking with their 7000 series for the year. No competition means no rush.

I also HIGHLY doubt that the 780 will be GK110.

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 homeboylizard
Well the thing about the Titan vs SLI or Crossfire setups is it has a very similar performance to the high end setups but without the problems that are accompanied by the SLI and Crossfire setups. Its not the cards fault. Its a driver problem for SLI and Crossfire setups. That was the goal of the Titan. and unlike the 690 the Titan can Quad SLI. (690 are really only capable of 2 way SLI. Even though it has 2 GPUs on the same card.) And I imagine the reason they priced it so high is because they can. I hope there is a reason that AMD is dragging there ass on this.betawolfhd
Well the thing about the Titan vs SLI or Crossfire setups is it has a very similar performance to the high end setups but without the problems that are accompanied by the SLI and Crossfire setups. Its not the cards fault. Its a driver problem for SLI and Crossfire setups. That was the goal of the Titan. and unlike the 690 the Titan can Quad SLI. (690 are really only capable of 2 way SLI. Even though it has 2 GPUs on the same card.) And I imagine the reason they priced it so high is because they can. I hope there is a reason that AMD is dragging there ass on this.betawolfhd
A GTX 690 2-way sli is still 4 GPU's. But it doesn't scale well at all. You should only get Titan if going SLI because it scales in 2-way and 3-way better than GTX 680, 7970 and the 690.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

I've done a bit of searching and found rumors that the GTX 700 series may be coming out as early as next month. Does anyone here have any info to confirm/deny this? I ask because I've had my current GPU for 2 years, and am itching for an upgrade. I don't like to upgrade every generation, and would rather wait for the 700's, for obvious reasons.

Any info? Thanks.

hartsickdiscipl

GeForce GT 730M looks to be renamed parts http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-730M.84681.0.html