Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC Review: The Best Just Got Better

This topic is locked from further discussion.

henri1960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By henri1960
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts

Looks like the 3000RPM version is about 44dba under load. Not too bad. I'll probably replace all of my crappy stock fans on my antec 300 with these black ones. Those 3000RPM ones look good for case fans but are overpriced as hell.

http://www.relaxedtech.com/reviews/noctua/nf-a14-industrialppc/1

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TDuiker
Member since 2004 • 11689 Posts

I really think i should wait untill the PPC fans become more widely availeble here, instead of getting retail noctuas to replace the 750D, and H100i Fans.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

They are designed for server parks, hence the price.

Edit: Only 140mm fans?

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TDuiker

@horgen said:

No. NF-A14, and NF-F12. 2K and 3K RMP. 2 levels of protection from dust and water and such.

And even though there designed for server parks and such, i can put 3X 140mm and 2X120mm in my new system, all governed by the motherboards thermal probes. So i got teh horsepower if needed. But mostly relativicly silent and great performance. And the PPC fans look way sexier..

henri1960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 henri1960

@horgen said:

Who cares if they are designed for server parks, I'm getting some to replace my crappy stock case fans.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I remember when I got my 2x 120mm Akasa Amber's it dropped my CPU temps by 5c on idle and load I can't remember... I have been using them for 2 builds now.

Getting the 3000rpm's would probably do me good now that the summer is around the corner but... I just dont know if I want to sacrifice going from 18dba to 43dba :(.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TDuiker

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

I remember when I got my 2x 120mm Akasa Amber's it dropped my CPU temps by 5c on idle and load I can't remember... I have been using them for 2 builds now.

Getting the 3000rpm's would probably do me good now that the summer is around the corner but... I just dont know if I want to sacrifice going from 18dba to 43dba :(.

43dba MAX..

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By horgen  Moderator

@TDuiker said:

@horgen said:

No. NF-A14, and NF-F12. 2K and 3K RMP. 2 levels of protection from dust and water and such.

And even though there designed for server parks and such, i can put 3X 140mm and 2X120mm in my new system, all governed by the motherboards thermal probes. So i got teh horsepower if needed. But mostly relativicly silent and great performance. And the PPC fans look way sexier..

Excellent. My Corsair fans might be replaced by these in time.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TDuiker

@horgen said:

@TDuiker said:

@horgen said:

Excellent. My Corsair fans might be replaced by these in time.

Well id say cfm and dba wise these fans are superior.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TDuiker

@TDuiker said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

43dba MAX..

I will prob get some PPC fans, you have to understand im getting the 2k rpm ones. but i will prob not ramp them up all the way. the 2k rpm ones are les dba then the 3k rpm ones. And the fans in my rig will only spin as fast as nessecary. I mean who needs liek what was it ? 10+ mmH2O statc pressure.. i will prob run them at 1500 rpm max and they will still outperform the normal ones. even if its just that they look sexier :D

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 horgen  Moderator

@TDuiker said:

@TDuiker said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

43dba MAX..

I will prob get some PPC fans, you have to understand im getting the 2k rpm ones. but i will prob not ramp them up all the way. the 2k rpm ones are les dba then the 3k rpm ones. And the fans in my rig will only spin as fast as nessecary. I mean who needs liek what was it ? 10+ mmH2O statc pressure.. i will prob run them at 1500 rpm max and they will still outperform the normal ones. even if its just that they look sexier :D

Personally I think I'll get the 3K RPM ones, get a fan controller and only ramp them up that much when I really need. I don't expect to go over 2K RPM much at all actually. But it will be nice to have during benchmarks :P

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TDuiker

@horgen said:

@TDuiker said:

@TDuiker said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

43dba MAX..

Personally I think I'll get the 3K RPM ones, get a fan controller and only ramp them up that much when I really need. I don't expect to go over 2K RPM much at all actually. But it will be nice to have during benchmarks :P

Yeah well me personally id liek to go more for a arel world 24/7 stable clock, the a rediculous clock for a bench :P i dont care much for synthetic benches these days.. tacy plastic, or those crappy woode benches in the park.. euh wood isnt synthetic is it .. LOL

henri1960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 henri1960

@horgen said:

@TDuiker said:

@TDuiker said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

43dba MAX..

Imagine having like 5 or more 3KRPM fans all running at full speed.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@henri1960 said:

@horgen said:

@TDuiker said:

@TDuiker said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

43dba MAX..

Imagine having like 5 or more 3KRPM fans all running at full speed.

Slap on 3 120mm 3krpm's on a Thermalright Silver Arrow extreme and it would be the best air cooling solution out there...

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TDuiker

Man PPC fan supply is so frickin slow to get up to speed here. If this goes on for much longer i might just get normal noctuas.. at least they come with accesoiries

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Just a quick bonus if you were worried about the colour:

Loading Video...

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TDuiker

Well i already knew that, and im not that concerned with the rown corners, they keep teh vibration s fomr going to the case.

But there taking there sweet ass time to get these in stock here in the netherlands...