Need for Speed Hot Pursuit controller message problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DJP3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DJP3000
Member since 2010 • 293 Posts

I bought Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for the PC. Every time I start the game I get a message in the middle of the screen telling me to configure my controller in the gameplay settings. I go to the controller settings and set it to my Xbox 360 controller and the message goes away until next time I restart the game.I'm using an Xbox 360 controller as my controller and Windows 7 64-bit as my OS. Anyone know how to fix this or do I have to wait for a patch?

DJP3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DJP3000
Member since 2010 • 293 Posts

I fixed the problem. I had to disconnect my joystick and rudder pedals from my PC.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

Glad we could help! :) [spoiler] :P [/spoiler]

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I bought Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for the PC. Every time I start the game I get a message in the middle of the screen telling me to configure my controller in the gameplay settings. I go to the controller settings and set it to my Xbox 360 controller and the message goes away until next time I restart the game.I'm using an Xbox 360 controller as my controller and Windows 7 64-bit as my OS. Anyone know how to fix this or do I have to wait for a patch?

DJP3000

Ok, it might changed with a patch but seriously why on god's earth do you need to use X360 controller on PC for racing game? go and buy Logitech G27

giant11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 giant11
Member since 2003 • 760 Posts

PredatorRules
Ok, it might changed with a patch but seriously why on god's earth do you need to use X360 controller on PC for racing game? go and buy Logitech G27

Because it costs many, many times more? A 360 controller is 10x better than using a keyboard, for certain games, at least. And I say this as a life-long PC gamer. No shame in being practical.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

[QUOTE="PredatorRules"]giant11

Because it costs many, many times more? A 360 controller is 10x better than using a keyboard, for certain games, at least. And I say this as a life-long PC gamer. No shame in being practical.

can't argue with that - specially when it got the cool gas and brake buttons :P