Need a 32 inch led tv for gaming. What do you recommend.?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Garysafc25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Garysafc25
Member since 2012 • 142 Posts

Hey guys I am in the market for a new tv. I was thinking about getting plasma and going for 42 inches or higher but i decided to go for a 32 inch and most likely led tv. I am pretty sure I will need good refresh rates for games and great screen quality. i plan on taking full advantage of the 1080p as I will be getting a Wii U at launch. please help me out guys. 32 inch only.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11281 Posts

Why on earth would you go for 32 inch? 32" LEDs have got to be the worst displays you can buy, save from laptop screens.

I'd recommend you either

A) got for a 42" plasma like the Panasonic UT50 or the 50" Panasonic ST50 for MUCH, MUCH, MUUUCH deeper black levels, an overall contrast that takes a DUMP on LED tvs and also faster refresh rates than any 32" LED TV. THe colours are vastly more accurate on one of the panasonic plasmas compared to anythin in the 32" range.

So technically I only recommend that, but if you REALLY don't want to go 42-50" then fine..

B) for for a 27" IPS monitor of high quality, something from Dell, HP or NEC. much more accurate colours, comparable to Panasonic plasmas. Viewing angels like a plasma for what it's worth and they are well aboe FULL HD, you never know, maybe PS4/720 will support XD resolution.

But of course, if you want mediocre picture quality, horrible black levels, terrible screen uniformity, bleeding, a low contrast ratio and awful viewing angles, lower refreshrate then go get yourself a 32" LED.

Boogernuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Boogernuts
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts

Don't listen to that other person. I wanted to save a few bucks and still get a great gaming picture and went with the 32" Sharp Aquos. It supports 1080i and looks fantastic. Best of all it was just a few hundred bucks, and that was over a year ago, hell you can probably score one now fer nuttin.

Happy gaming.

Garysafc25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Garysafc25

Hmm mixed opinions so far. Well I thought led would of been a great choice because of the high contrast and the fact it's the latest technology in tv's. I know plasmas are decent but Its just so damn hard to choose a good tv.

rickliao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rickliao
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts

70" Sharp Aquos

Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

I think 32" is the right size for gaming. I try playing shooters on my buddy's 42" and I can't do it. So, I think you're on the right track with size.

After that, I'd recommend an LG. I use all LG TVs in my home, and love them. They're great for gaming and for tv/movies. They are a little bit more on the pricier side, but I think they're well worth it.

H4wt_Pocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 H4wt_Pocket
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts

If you can go up in size, I'd echo what the first response said and go with plasma. Plasmas will provide you with a better picture quality (deeper blacks), higher refresh rate, etc. Starting out, you have the Panasonic U50. It only comes in a 50 inch size. It's 1080p and doesn't have the extra stuff like smart capabilities or 3D. The next step up is the Panasonic UT50. It ranges in size from 42" to 60" It does include extra features like smart apps and 3D. If you're looking for the best bang for your buck, check out the Panasonic ST50. Ranges from 50" to 65". Has smart apps and 3D. It's a great set.

If you are dead set on a 32" size (you won't find a plasma under 42"), then I highly recommend Panasonic. Their IPS panels are good for gaming and generally handle input lag better than the VA panels you find in most other TV brands.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts
First and foremost, DO NOT BUY LED!!! Im not quite sure why everyone insists on getting these TV's. LED"s are just LCD with a little different technology powering them. Go get a Panasonic or Samsung Plasma. Trust me, you wont regret it. We own a 42" 720p Panasonic Viera Plasma and a 51" 1080p Samsung 3-D Plasma Smart TV and games/movies look amazing on both. LED B L O W S!!!
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mozelleple112

Don't listen to that other person. I wanted to save a few bucks and still get a great gaming picture and went with the 32" Sharp Aquos. It supports 1080i and looks fantastic. Best of all it was just a few hundred bucks, and that was over a year ago, hell you can probably score one now fer nuttin.

Happy gaming.

Boogernuts
Sure, go ahead and advise him to get a mediocre TV like yours.
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mozelleple112
First and foremost, DO NOT BUY LED!!! Im not quite sure why everyone insists on getting these TV's. LED"s are just LCD with a little different technology powering them. Go get a Panasonic or Samsung Plasma. Trust me, you wont regret it. We own a 42" 720p Panasonic Viera Plasma and a 51" 1080p Samsung 3-D Plasma Smart TV and games/movies look amazing on both. LED B L O W S!!!ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Going to have to vouch this guy.
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

[QUOTE="ShoTTyMcNaDeS"]First and foremost, DO NOT BUY LED!!! Im not quite sure why everyone insists on getting these TV's. LED"s are just LCD with a little different technology powering them. Go get a Panasonic or Samsung Plasma. Trust me, you wont regret it. We own a 42" 720p Panasonic Viera Plasma and a 51" 1080p Samsung 3-D Plasma Smart TV and games/movies look amazing on both. LED B L O W S!!!Mozelleple112
Going to have to vouch this guy.

Make sure to go 1080p though!

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mozelleple112

If you can go up in size, I'd echo what the first response said and go with plasma. Plasmas will provide you with a better picture quality (deeper blacks), higher refresh rate, etc. Starting out, you have the Panasonic U50. It only comes in a 50 inch size. It's 1080p and doesn't have the extra stuff like smart capabilities or 3D. The next step up is the Panasonic UT50. It ranges in size from 42" to 60" It does include extra features like smart apps and 3D. If you're looking for the best bang for your buck, check out the Panasonic ST50. Ranges from 50" to 65". Has smart apps and 3D. It's a great set.

If you are dead set on a 32" size (you won't find a plasma under 42"), then I highly recommend Panasonic. Their IPS panels are good for gaming and generally handle input lag better than the VA panels you find in most other TV brands.

H4wt_Pocket
Actually you can get the 42" UT50. Costs about 700 dollars or so. Soooo much better than any 32 incher it is ridiculous.
Boogernuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Boogernuts
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts

Frankly, it doesn't matter what you get as long as you are happy. I however would not recommend a plasma TV. Sure they look nice, but the science of the matter is *EVERY* single plasma TV sold *WILL* die when the plasma gas inside runs out. Nobody ever talks about this because it takes about 10 years or so for it to happen and most people I think don't plan on having the same TV in 10 years from now, but looking back the TV's I replaced with my current flatscreens were all at least 10 years old so why buy something that will 100% for sure die on you, now I know everything is man made and will eventually die, but when you go with plasma it for sure going to happen even if the TV itself is fine, eventually the plasma gas will go. Just info for ya.

Smell ya later...

Garysafc25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Garysafc25

Thanks for all your comments guys. I found this 51 inch plasma. Is this any good for gaming.?

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-5-series-ps51e530-full-hd-51-plasma-tv-12848060-pdt.html

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

Frankly, it doesn't matter what you get as long as you are happy. I however would not recommend a plasma TV. Sure they look nice, but the science of the matter is *EVERY* single plasma TV sold *WILL* die when the plasma gas inside runs out. Nobody ever talks about this because it takes about 10 years or so for it to happen and most people I think don't plan on having the same TV in 10 years from now, but looking back the TV's I replaced with my current flatscreens were all at least 10 years old so why buy something that will 100% for sure die on you, now I know everything is man made and will eventually die, but when you go with plasma it for sure going to happen even if the TV itself is fine, eventually the plasma gas will go. Just info for ya.

Smell ya later...

Boogernuts
The backlighting in LCD/LED displays also will die after a certain amount of hours running and you will need to buy a new one. Plasma use to be worse in this area but modern plasma should last just as long as lcd about a 100,000 hours most people will have replaced there t.v long before this happens.
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mozelleple112

Thanks for all your comments guys. I found this 51 inch plasma. Is this any good for gaming.?

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-5-series-ps51e530-full-hd-51-plasma-tv-12848060-pdt.html

Garysafc25
I haven't seen the E5000 plasmas, but I do remember se the D5000 plasma, 51" (last years model) and it looked very comparable to Samsungs (then) flagship D8000 LED TV! so I'm sure the E5000 succesor is even better.
H4wt_Pocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 H4wt_Pocket
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts

[QUOTE="H4wt_Pocket"]

Mozelleple112

Actually you can get the 42" UT50. Costs about 700 dollars or so. Soooo much better than any 32 incher it is ridiculous.

I said you could get the UT50 at a 42" size. You can't get the U50 in anything other than 50" =)

And I agree, the UT50 is going to be better than any 32" LCD he finds. I myself, will hopefully be getting an ST or GT soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Hey guys I am in the market for a new tv. I was thinking about getting plasma and going for 42 inches or higher but i decided to go for a 32 inch and most likely led tv. I am pretty sure I will need good refresh rates for games and great screen quality. i plan on taking full advantage of the 1080p as I will be getting a Wii U at launch. please help me out guys. 32 inch only.

Garysafc25
I say try and hunt down for a Panasonic ST30 42inch Plasma. It is from the 2011 line. Panasonic didn't offer anything at that size this year. I bought this tv new, around the time it came out, for around $720, or so. The 2012 line was just recently released so you may be able to pick this up at a really really great deal--more likely in store though, as they are pressed for shelf space. I know you list "only" 32 inches, but the size actual physical size of the sets isn't much different. If I remember correctly, the 42inch is roughly 8 inches longer and 5 inches higher.
jerrymas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jerrymas
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I'm not too brilliant with this stuff, I'm what some might call a beginner haha. I found this website http://www.squidoo.com/cheap-led-tv-deals last week though when I was looking for a 32" LCD TV and I'm considering the Haier. I thought it might help you out and I was hoping for some feedback on what brands are the most reliable and trustworthy because as I said I'm a beginner. Any feedback would be great, thanks!
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts
I'm not too brilliant with this stuff, I'm what some might call a beginner haha. I found this website http://www.squidoo.com/cheap-led-tv-deals last week though when I was looking for a 32" LCD TV and I'm considering the Haier. I thought it might help you out and I was hoping for some feedback on what brands are the most reliable and trustworthy because as I said I'm a beginner. Any feedback would be great, thanks!jerrymas
You won't help, this thread is 6 months old.
zfa32937

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 zfa32937
if you're gonna use the tv for gaming be sure to get one with smart tv capabilities. I'm assuming you either have a 360 or ps3 so it would come in handy. This site kind of quickly talks about what a smart tv is http://www.nichepage.com/n/electronics/best-32-inch-led-tv/ You can probably find more info about smart tvs by doing some research on google. Different smart tvs have different capabilities. Some much more than others so shop around and look into which ones support the smart features you could see yourself using. Hope that helps :)
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

First and foremost, DO NOT BUY LED!!! Im not quite sure why everyone insists on getting these TV's. LED"s are just LCD with a little different technology powering them. Go get a Panasonic or Samsung Plasma. Trust me, you wont regret it. We own a 42" 720p Panasonic Viera Plasma and a 51" 1080p Samsung 3-D Plasma Smart TV and games/movies look amazing on both. LED B L O W S!!!ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Yes instead of a light "BULB" it uses a light emmiting diode for its backlight. nothing different its still an LCD. 

nehal4777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nehal4777
Yes for gaming, 32 inch LED is a best option for playing game. Because in led tv graphics of a game looks good and clear. And also we can enjoy it with home-theater system.
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mozelleple112

Yes for gaming, 32 inch LED is a best option for playing game. Because in led tv graphics of a game looks good and clear. And also we can enjoy it with home-theater system.nehal4777

tumblr_lrh9rybTfX1qbcq69.png ...

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 _SKatEDiRt_

Yes for gaming, 32 inch LED is a best option for playing game. Because in led tv graphics of a game looks good and clear. And also we can enjoy it with home-theater system.nehal4777

You fail at life

awptical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 awptical
Member since 2003 • 844 Posts

Whats your budget? I'm going to have to agree and say Plasma is better for just about everything. I'm still using my Panasonic from 2010 and it still looks beautiful.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

Garysafc25
i looked forever and couldn't find a good 32 inch gaming lcd or led tv and gave up. i went with a asus vw246h monitor instead and it has been fantastic. good luck with your search, the tv makers intentionally don't make anything good to game with below 42 inches because they want you to spend big $ on their bigger screens because they're the only ones that come with low latency and high hz. it's a racket.
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mozelleple112
[QUOTE="Garysafc25"]

buccomatic
i looked forever and couldn't find a good 32 inch gaming lcd or led tv and gave up. i went with a asus vw246h monitor instead and it has been fantastic. good luck with your search, the tv makers intentionally don't make anything good to game with below 42 inches because they want you to spend big $ on their bigger screens because they're the only ones that come with low latency and high hz. it's a racket.

It didn't always use to be this way... Back in the day (2010 and earlier) Both Samsung and Sony actually made cheap, amazing perform 32 inch LCDs that had low latency, no clouding, deep black levels and so on. My advice if he wants a 32" is to look for a used Samsung C530 or Sony EX500.
jayoterik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jayoterik
well its full h.d n 600hz motion rate , so i think most definately will be
jayoterik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jayoterik
dude , need your help , i cant get a plasma , coz my room is small as fook , i need about a 32 aswell , i been looking at the samsung f5000 series , it has a faster motion rate than average led , but obviously not as good as plasma , but it has a gaming mode too and its full h.d ? what do u reckon ?
osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

wow you guys are so not helpful. He wants a tiny cheap display and your all screaming at him to buy a plasma thats to big and costs way more money.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 _SKatEDiRt_

wow you guys are so not helpful. He wants a tiny cheap display and your all screaming at him to buy a plasma thats to big and costs way more money.

osirisx3

Sorry. Its just not worth it.

marianeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 marianeee
These might not be the perfect gaming led tvs but, maybe i'm wrong, they are one of the best 32" tvs. http://www.best32inchtv.net/
toughtrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 toughtrasher
Member since 2013 • 268 Posts

Why exactly do you need a 32 inch? Some 24 inch monitors like the like the Asus VS247H-P or VS248 are good enough for me