Napoleon Total War Thread!

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 0

#51 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

NZGamer.com put a review up...

http://nzgamer.com/pc/reviews/1049/napoleon-total-war.html

"A stunningly detailed mix of complexity, intensity and immersion. "

"The cannon may be the final argument of kings. But the Total War series is undoubtedly the king of the real time strategy genre - and Napoleon: Total War could very well be Creative Assembly's crowning jewel."

"The campaign map has had a facelift and the results are absolutely stunning."

"Creative Assembly's decision to base the single player campaign around Napoleon's exploits is inspired. It gives much more form and structure to a single player experience that in earlier titles often lost its impetus once you'd sufficiently crushed your opposition."

"This redefinition of the single player campaign is readily welcomed. Empire felt a bit like a glossier version of Risk. You made a few large armies and marched them around the map puppy stomping everything in their path. Now, don't get me wrong. That is actually pretty awesome. But it doesn't lend itself very well to narrative driven game play. In Napoleon: Total War you can still lead massive armies around the countryside pillaging everything in your path (and there is still great fun in doing it) but this time it's in pursuit of strategic objectives that are numerous, challenging but most importantly, historically structured. Why is this good thing? Because it makes you feel like you are playing out the story of Napoleon Bonaparte with your own personal twists and improvements. You're not just reliving history; you're rewriting it."

9.3/10

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
My damned Futureshop doesn't have it yet.
MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 MadCat46
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts
I don't like how they cut down the scale of the game, seems like they refined the grand strategy aspect by gutting it. I thought Empire: Total War had a ton of promise and a solid expansion could really bring out the diamond that it is, buff up the AI and perhaps extend the time period another 50 years. I'll pick it up eventually, but with Anno 1404: Venice coming out this week and Awakening in a couple of weeks I doubt it'll be anytime soon.