:( my cd drive wont work :((((

This topic is locked from further discussion.

javi66106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 javi66106
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts
Sooooo yea I came home from school today and was going to listen to music and my cd drive wouldnt open The little green lights turn on but it just wont open , does anyone know what to do ? (Sorry if I look dumb not knowing what to do but im young :( )
psychoman0056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 psychoman0056
Member since 2003 • 47 Posts
1st, restart pc
if problem persists
2nd straighten paperclip
3rd shove in small hole on cd drive
4th pull open manually
5th shut manually
javi66106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 javi66106
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts
It decided to open but now it wont read :( whats wrong ?
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Offtopic :My DVD Combo and DVD r/w drives (i've two drives) both r incompatible now due to rough use.i'm also not getting time to take them to repair.My DVD Combo drives also not opening.

IMO u can open the drives and take them from where u bought them.

gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 gam3r3OOO
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts
Sooooo yea I came home from school today and was going to listen to music and my cd drive wouldnt open The little green lights turn on but it just wont open , does anyone know what to do ? (Sorry if I look dumb not knowing what to do but im young :( )javi66106
Get a new CD drive. I had the same problem with my laptop when I ran a scratched disc of Warcraft III. Mine was a Dell and it was still under warranty so I simply sent my computer into Dell by mail (and removed my harddrive before sending).
Whermacht02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Whermacht02
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts

[QUOTE="javi66106"]Sooooo yea I came home from school today and was going to listen to music and my cd drive wouldnt open The little green lights turn on but it just wont open , does anyone know what to do ? (Sorry if I look dumb not knowing what to do but im young :( )gam3r3OOO
Get a new CD drive. I had the same problem with my laptop when I ran a scratched disc of Warcraft III. Mine was a Dell and it was still under warranty so I simply sent my computer into Dell by mail (and removed my harddrive before sending).

Yep... thats what you need to do... or get a tech guy to look at your computer. I would open the drive and clean the laser lens by myself... but if you have no idea  how to do that, just call a tech...

HAHAHA77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HAHAHA77
Member since 2005 • 38 Posts
You can just pick up a new one at staples or officemax for pretty cheap. Heck, they had one at staples two years ago that was free, looked it up later and found out it was actually a decent drive. If you need to use it soon just go get a new one.