Medal of Honor is gonna take the crown and keep it from infinity ward 4infinity

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DrDoomed
Member since 2003 • 11386 Posts

They pick up the stolen medal from a close call and run with it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24432.html

It looks like CoD but will play like CoD would have if they hadn't dropped the ball.

don't dice with EA they will own you!

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
Well, Infinity Ward have yet to let me down, and I'm eagerly awaiting Modern Warfare.
I'll pick up both games, however, I personally think Infinity Ward will keep hold of the crown.
Airborne does look to be a good game though, and I will get it for the 360 as my PC fails at 'next-gen' games.
reichsmedik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 reichsmedik
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Yeah Right.....CoD OWNED AND STILL OWNS MoH Since day 1. I have played all MoH games and got bored since they all get repetitive.....So maybe in a world where u can make your dreams come true, It'll dethrone CoD.....IN YOUR DREAMS!
Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

It looks like CoD but will play like CoD would have if they hadn't dropped the ball.

DrDoomed

Buddy...the Medal of Honor series, regardless of it arriving before Call of Duty, sucks compared to CoD. In fact, it's a complete rip off from the Call of Duty series.

And you clearly don't do your homework. Call of Duty 4 is the #1 game right now in the top 50 games at E3.

nightharvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 nightharvest
Member since 2005 • 1782 Posts

It's difficult to call MOH a COD rip-off when it was released well before it!

But yes, I think COD has the runs and quailty on the board at the moment. But Aston Villa have just rolled Chelsea, so the underdog can come up trumps from time to time.

8)

EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
IW will keep it from EA. They were the masterminds behind the greatest MOH game, Allied Assault and when they branched off and created COD the MOH series went into the gutter. This one doesn't seem any different. MOH will never be on top again. The only game I have seen that can take the crown is BIAHH.
gamerchris810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamerchris810
Member since 2007 • 2372 Posts

MoH and CoD have always been pretty differnt, CoD was always with comrades fighting with them alot alongside into battle.

MoH was more of a lone man job where you would be alone and have to fight yourself.

Decado_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Decado_basic
Member since 2002 • 4030 Posts
The first CoD was impressive. The sequels on the other hand were pretty unimpressive (likely due to the console influence).
matthewjackman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 matthewjackman
Member since 2006 • 407 Posts
However the fact remains both are pretty basic run and gun FPS's which I for one am pretty bored with. So until either adds something more interesting to the gameplay (no parachuting does not count) I remain sceptical of both.
-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Wheels-
Member since 2005 • 3137 Posts

IW will keep it from EA. They were the masterminds behind the greatest MOH game, Allied Assault and when they branched off and created COD the MOH series went into the gutter. This one doesn't seem any different. MOH will never be on top again. The only game I have seen that can take the crown is BIAHH.EndersAres

Single player wise, BIA does take the crown, nothing comes close. Multiplayer, CoD is just like CS:S now, nothing special. Better than the route moh has been taking. Airborne doesn't do anything insanely new, but it does feel like a new Allied Assualt again. It's back on track, but not at the top.

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Skullheart

But yes, I think COD has the runs and quailty on the board at the moment. But Aston Villa have just rolled Chelsea, so the underdog can come up trumps from time to time.

8)

nightharvest

No, it's not difficult. Any World War II game released after the Call of Duty series (Medal of Honor) is most likely a CoD rip off.

-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts
COD is better.
Hatefish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hatefish2
Member since 2006 • 1783 Posts
[QUOTE="nightharvest"]

8)

Skullheart

No, it's not difficult. Any World War II game released after the Call of Duty series (Medal of Honor) is most likely a CoD rip off.

Wow stop spreading your crap. The first Call of Duty was great but that's about it.. Medal of Honor Allied Assault was a surperior game at its time.. it also came out before Call of Duty..

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

airborne looks great, i just hope they fix those broken physics/ragdolling (i am pretty sure shooting someone with a submachine gun does not send them cartwheeling ten feet into the air, but i will research it just to be sure)

call of duty 4 is looking great

call of duty 2 was great

allied assault was great

all games are built atop others in some ways, arguing which ripped off which - it's pointless, games evolve in the same way nature does, everything is built out of something else, and if it's good, it replaces it, if it's not, it doesn't - everything ripped off something else, everything is based on something else

saying Medal of Honor is gonna take the crown and keep it from infinity ward 4infinity, it just strikes me as pointless - like you feel obliged to take sides in some great confrontation, we're talking about frickin'computer games here... can you not enjoy both? both are great games series... and if you don't enjoy one or the other, must you advertise that online in a frankly hostile way? what good comes of it?

Carton_of_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Carton_of_milk
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Infinity Ward was created by former employees of 2015 who had developed Medal of honor: Allied Assault. So COD was very much a MOH rip-off or at least evolution. I haven't played either the latest COD or latest MOH but Airborne is the first WWII themed game i have been looking forward to in a long while.

Hatefish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hatefish2
I've been hyping it for quite a while now.. and I want to preload it but it says that you can't play it until the 5th.. but the game is released the 4th.. so what's the point of buying it early.
A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
CoD is the father and MoH is the grandfather....I enjoy Infinity Ward games alot more.
lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
I almost refuse to buy MoH Airborne on a moral level. I just cannot buy another WWII FPS. By doing so it might send the message that we actually want more WWII shooters. I don't know about you, but that's totally not the message I want to send...
Hatefish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hatefish2

I almost refuse to buy MoH Airborne on a moral level. I just cannot buy another WWII FPS. By doing so it might send the message that we actually want more WWII shooters. I don't know about you, but that's totally not the message I want to send...lockjaw333

FPS games are basically in 3 different categories, Historic, Modern and Futuristic..
I see nothing wrong with making games for each one.. they are all equally as cool.. unless it's Halo, I think we should stop making Halo games on a moral level. :P

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Skullheart

Infinity Ward was created by former employees of 2015 who had developed Medal of honor: Allied Assault. So COD was very much a MOH rip-off or at least evolution. I haven't played either the latest COD or latest MOH but Airborne is the first WWII themed game i have been looking forward to in a long while.

Carton_of_milk

Lol good way to put it :)

Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#21 Grantelicious
Member since 2007 • 1541 Posts
MOH has had very mediocre reviews.
PcGamer2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PcGamer2020
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts
Call of Duty 4 is a refreshing change from germans and WW2. CoD 4 will seriously be a modern first person shooter. Personally I think there's too many WW2 first person shooter games out now.:( I mean sooner or later WW2 will fall out of fashion since it happened decades ago and we will all avert our attention to WW3, the war in iraq, and other modern day conflicts. I would like to see a game based in Iraq regardless of political differences. These are games, not textbooks of history.;)
Allan225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Allan225
Member since 2007 • 308 Posts
Well I was kinda depressed when in COD 3 they did not have the carbine I mean it was still a great game and all but I always liked the carbine.
Allan225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Allan225
I would like to see them make one in Vietnam.
Allan225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Allan225

I would like to see them make one in Vietnam.Allan225

Set in the Vietnam War.

Avatar image for Carbinesoldier5
Carbinesoldier5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Carbinesoldier5
Member since 2005 • 4361 Posts

I hope you finally accepted that Medal of honor was NEVER a "rip-off" from Call of Duty. Otherwise, I would've attended the matter myself in a non-hostile matter, but I'm glad someone finally cleared the problem ina polite way.

No offense, but you were starting to get on my nerves with that nonsense. But again, I hope you finally realize the true thing. Medal of Honor and Call of Duty are both great series, and if you don't like one, that is your opinion and no one should oblige you to like the game, but please, just don't start to say how bad it is or how it is a "rip-off" from another game when it isn't from it, as there are people who like it.

Also, isn't the community of both series just as strong? I mean in quantity of fans, players and the like.

I like your name though, Skullheart. Yes, I typed this for you to read.

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts
[QUOTE="DrDoomed"]

Skullheart

Buddy...the Medal of Honor series, regardless of it arriving before Call of Duty, sucks compared to CoD. In fact, it's a complete rip off from the Call of Duty series.

And you clearly don't do your homework. Call of Duty 4 is the #1 game right now in the top 50 games at E3.

You do know that the first MoH was made for the PS1, and the MoH:AA was made before CoD was ever created, correct? In fact, some people that made MoH:AA made the first CoD.

dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dunamistheou
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts
The Medel of Honor series is BACK. The first few Medal of Honor games were GREAT, loved playing it on the old Xbox in highschool. However, it went down hill for a while, but THIS ONE, it's awesome. Unfortunately, Activision with with a "Mature" rating for COD4 so, it'll have more useless trash in the game, so I'm not really planning on buying it.
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
So when is Airborne coming out? I thought it was coming out tomorrow September 4 but a xfire ad just said September 6 so....when's it really coming out?
Hatefish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hatefish2

So when is Airborne coming out? I thought it was coming out tomorrow September 4 but a xfire ad just said September 6 so....when's it really coming out?oscar530

The date is the 4th.. but some places wont have it till the 6th.. if you preload it it's playable on the 5th.

justinthorell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 justinthorell
Member since 2004 • 385 Posts

The quality of Medal Of Honor games have started to drop recently, but i think Airborne will really pick up that bar, get on a rocket, and fly away with it. But i really doubt they'll surpass CoD4. All of the CoD games have been great (except CoD3, it was CoD2 but with some crappy ragdoll physics), and CoD4 looks even better.

The only thing i'm a bit worried about is the character customization and such in CoD4. I still don't know where i'm going to go with it, and i just feel like it'll make the game unfair for lots of players.

blackacidevl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blackacidevl
Member since 2003 • 172 Posts
MOH games were not that great, MOHAA was the best of course but then again COD1 was the best and i think the others were just lame copies of COD2 which was already boring. i played MOH airborne demo and it seems really fun. but im looking for COD4 hope its not as bad as COD2 or 3
beckoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#34 beckoflight
Member since 2006 • 848 Posts
I have played at least 2 games from every series & i say that Call of Duty is superrior in terms of gameplay ....& another thing why most ppl is avoiding the Brothers in Arms a sereis withc brought 4 the 1st time tactical shooting to the WW2 + BIA 3 has the cover system integrated & a new chance of hit system witch gives it a much more real look because ..you are not wolverine to heal if you stay down for a moment or if you pick a med pack you get half of your life back its just old schoool !
bmaisey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bmaisey
Member since 2004 • 324 Posts

the latest medal of honour seems to be allright, but its essentially cod 2 with slightly better graphics, a different (admittedly pretty cool) way of starting a level, and worse gameplay (no moving while aiming - what the heck are they thinking? And the guns are accurate enough without aiming to make it pointless, its better to be able to move than be slightly more accurate. Also, no fall damage is kind of dumb. And the ai isnt great, and the events are very scripted so your allies cant do anything by themselves, until you show up - kind of ruins the whole idea of a big paratrooper assault, if you have to be there for every little thing. Cod 2 was similar but more linear so it didnt seem as stupid).

So will moh take the crown? Nope. Not this time. They havent even beaten cod 2, and theres cod 4 on the way.

shafrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 shafrox
Member since 2005 • 349 Posts
Yup.. MoH:A will not be great as COD4 for sure. no way. Well, if it does, Infinity ward has done something really really wrong...
QuattroRS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 QuattroRS6
Member since 2004 • 160 Posts
Im more looking forward to CoD4. Why? Because no matter what sort of twist or new game mechanic they put on it im and sick and tired of WWII games. Not to say MoH wont be a good game just that its not gonna be for me not this holiday season anyway. Maybe after a few month break or longer from WWII games ill be ready for one again.
DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DrDoomed
Member since 2003 • 11386 Posts

Medal of honor : AA is the first PC title. Infinity ward left EA and made a modified (improved) version of that game by streamlining it. Call of duty was born but is just as good as MOH:the call of duty. EA made pacific assault, nobody really wanted that game anyway. Gearbox makes Brothers in arms and snipes at Infinity ward's CoD. IW run away.

IW had cod2 made = failure, in comparison to first title. cod3 was made = failure to PC fans. CoD 4 leaves WW2 behind to try and take a chunk out of Ubisoft and EA laughs while Gearbox throws grenades into the future.

the WW2 crown now belongs to EA!

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts

[QUOTE="oscar530"]So when is Airborne coming out? I thought it was coming out tomorrow September 4 but a xfire ad just said September 6 so....when's it really coming out?Hatefish2

The date is the 4th.. but some places wont have it till the 6th.. if you preload it it's playable on the 5th.

The ship date is the 4th, i.e. it's sent to stores on the 4th. It goes on sale the 5th. I've been burned by misinterpreting that many, many, many times. XD But yeah.. given how many times it's been mentioned in this thread, it's amazing how many people don't realize MoH:AA and CoD were made by the same people. :D
DarKre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DarKre
Member since 2003 • 9529 Posts
No matter how "good" the game is, its still sucks to me because its set in WW2. Im sick of shooting nazis level after level. No mater how good it looks or how "unique" the gameplay may be.
-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Wheels-
Member since 2005 • 3137 Posts

No matter how "good" the game is, its still sucks to me because its set in WW2. Im sick of shooting nazis level after level. No mater how good it looks or how "unique" the gameplay may be.DarKre

Go shoot space marines and modern soldiers then.

Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts

Ummm WW2 has submachine guns, Heavy machine guns, rifles, semi-automatic rifles, assault rifles, tons of diffrent AT weapons for several ranges.

Modern replaces all that with fire and forget ATGM and the all purpose assault rifle, sure theremight be other weapons but the feeling between them is lessend.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Makari
No matter how "good" the game is, its still sucks to me because its set in WW2. Im sick of shooting nazis level after level. No mater how good it looks or how "unique" the gameplay may be.DarKre
You can shoot Italian soldiers in this one, going from the demo. Woot woot, innovation.
19chevelle72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 19chevelle72
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts

The demo was very cool. I liked the weapon upgrades as you learned to use the gun, and the differnt soldiers (enemy soldiers) had ratings. Its a differnt spin on things. But at the same time it had that Band of Brothers feeling to it, with the classical musical score.

Someone said they didn't like that you cant move while aiming. Was weird to me at first too. But once I figured it out, it wasn't bad, Kind of innovative way to do it. And i can imagine how much fun the multiplayer will be with rifles and people poping up and leaning out with so much ease. I just hope the multi player deleivers and isn't a COD2 and is more like a COD1. Either way Im glad the big companys are putting up some much improved classics.

Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Grantelicious

[QUOTE="DarKre"]No matter how "good" the game is, its still sucks to me because its set in WW2. Im sick of shooting nazis level after level. No mater how good it looks or how "unique" the gameplay may be.Makari
You can shoot Italian soldiers in this one, going from the demo. Woot woot, innovation.

I want like a WW2 FPS/RPG cause after watching Band of Brothers all these war games are missing friendships.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Makari

[QUOTE="Makari"][QUOTE="DarKre"]No matter how "good" the game is, its still sucks to me because its set in WW2. Im sick of shooting nazis level after level. No mater how good it looks or how "unique" the gameplay may be.Grantelicious

I want like a WW2 FPS/RPG cause after watching Band of Brothers all these war games are missing friendships.

You mean sort of like... Oblivion set in WW2? That would definitely be interesting, though really complicated to pull off right in terms of gameplay...
Someone said they didn't like that you cant move while aiming. Was weird to me at first too. But once I figured it out, it wasn't bad, Kind of innovative way to do it.19chevelle72
And just a heads-up that's popping up in a couple different threads... on the PC, shift = walk while aiming in iron sights. It's in there in the controls page if you look.
Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Grantelicious
[QUOTE="Grantelicious"]

[QUOTE="Makari"][QUOTE="DarKre"]No matter how "good" the game is, its still sucks to me because its set in WW2. Im sick of shooting nazis level after level. No mater how good it looks or how "unique" the gameplay may be.Makari

You mean sort of like... Oblivion set in WW2? That would definitely be interesting, though really complicated to pull off right in terms of gameplay...
Someone said they didn't like that you cant move while aiming. Was weird to me at first too. But once I figured it out, it wasn't bad, Kind of innovative way to do it.19chevelle72
And just a heads-up that's popping up in a couple different threads... on the PC, shift = walk while aiming in iron sights. It's in there in the controls page if you look.

Give it to the makers of Oblivion and it'll turn out great like im sure fallout 3 will be

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Makari
Give it to the makers of Oblivion and it'll turn out great like im sure fallout 3 will beGrantelicious
not at all expressing my personal opinion here, but - *ducks and hides*
Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Grantelicious

[QUOTE="Grantelicious"]Give it to the makers of Oblivion and it'll turn out great like im sure fallout 3 will beMakari
not at all expressing my personal opinion here, but - *ducks and hides*

Well you may think Oblivion wasn't as good as Morrowind but it's all personal prefrence and theres no denying Oblivion is a good game still. It's really hard to please everyone and i'm sure Fallout 3 will **** off veteran fans of Fallout like Oblivion did to Elder Scrolls fans. However they have to make them more accessible to the mainstream while keeping elements for the hardcore fans.

It's good they release a SDK though because modders will create mods for the hardcore fans like the OOO mod for Oblivion and there will probably be the same for Fallout 3 too lol.

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
Oblivion is an "ok" title at best IMHO. The only real thing going for it is its visuals, which is ironically all people who are in love with the game can ever talk about. The OOO mod improves a lot of vanilla oblivion, but it still fails to cover up oblivions obvious shallowness.