Mechanical Keyboard

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HumblexTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 HumblexTurtle
Member since 2013 • 45 Posts

I am looking for a mechanical gaming keyboard. I am thinking red switches and doing the oring mod to make them quieter, or maybe even browns since they are not too loud either. I want backlighting; having more than one color option would be nice. Macro keys are nice, but I don't need a ton. Extra keys would not stray me away though. Any other cool features would be nice. I don't want to spend over $200.

Let me know your suggestions :).

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

Don't think there are any RGB mechanical keyboards, not until Corsair release theirs.

Have a look at the G710+. I have one and I'm very happy with it. Probably one of the most quite mech keyboards, it uses brown switches and comes with O-rings on each key.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@C_Rule said:

Don't think there are any RGB mechanical keyboards, not until Corsair release theirs.

Have a look at the G710+. I have one and I'm very happy with it. Probably one of the most quite mech keyboards, it uses brown switches and comes with O-rings on each key.

+1 for 710+,great keyboard.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12807 Posts

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823436008

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823436008

Honestly I would go for the logitech instead, because it saves you the trouble of buying o-rings and then taking off all those keys and shit... just too much work.

HumblexTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 HumblexTurtle
Member since 2013 • 45 Posts

Ah, tough decisions. I have the Logitech G510s right now, and it has some nice features, but the keys themselves just aren't doing it for me. That's why I am looking into mechanical; I think it is about time I switched. I also have a Roccat mouse and mousepad. That said, I am not swayed by just the brand; I like both. I do like that the 710+ already has dampeners. If one or the other had multi-colored backlighting, it would probably sway me right away since they both look solid, but they are both one color, lol.

Importz2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Importz2k1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I've been a console player forever and in the past year have been slowly moving over to pc. If you play with controllers, is there really any benefit to a gaming keyboard and mouse?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12807 Posts

@humblexturtle said:

Ah, tough decisions. I have the Logitech G510s right now, and it has some nice features, but the keys themselves just aren't doing it for me. That's why I am looking into mechanical; I think it is about time I switched. I also have a Roccat mouse and mousepad. That said, I am not swayed by just the brand; I like both. I do like that the 710+ already has dampeners. If one or the other had multi-colored backlighting, it would probably sway me right away since they both look solid, but they are both one color, lol.

Haven't found one mechanical keyboard with multi; but you can go with Roccat Isku FX multi color keyboard for 100$

@Importz2k1 said:

I've been a console player forever and in the past year have been slowly moving over to pc. If you play with controllers, is there really any benefit to a gaming keyboard and mouse?

Nope. Not for me anyway, I've only use a thumb botton on my gaming mouse - lol a 75$ gaming mouse for using thumb botton only; I love the style I own Roccat Kone XTD with multi led but on second thought I wouldn't go that high in price just for a thumb botton and a led.