Max Payne 3 Will Push PC ''To Its Limits''

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

http://games.on.net/article/15712/Max_Payne_3_Will_Push_PC_To_Its_Limits_Says_Rockstar

Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts
I hope it runs decently on my i5-750 with an ATI 5850 at 1440x900 on at least medium settings.
jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

I am sure I can run it on low/medium.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside
I hope it runs decently on my i5-750 with an ATI 5850 at 1440x900 on at least medium settings.Twisted14
Hope so, cause I want to run it on HIGH on my Q6600 and GTX470
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
I'll probably get decent fps on medium on my 5750 on 1920 x 1080, since i'm playing LA noire right now pretty decently (hitting the 30 fps cap)
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

http://games.on.net/article/15712/Max_Payne_3_Will_Push_PC_To_Its_Limits_Says_Rockstar

FelipeInside

just buy it on ebay in a couple months for $20.00 and play itr on your 360 or ps3.

lol

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

buccomatic

just buy it on ebay in a couple months for $20.00 and play itr on your 360 or ps3.

lol

Why?
dangamit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 dangamit
Member since 2010 • 664 Posts
Uh oh. Remember when Rockstar said that GTA IV will push the PC to it's limits? Remember what happened then? They released a broken game. This is a bad sign.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
oh look, now devs talk about PCs like they do about consoles :D
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside

Uh oh. Remember when Rockstar said that GTA IV will push the PC to it's limits? Remember what happened then? They released a broken game. This is a bad sign.dangamit

d

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
In the same way GTA IV pushed PCs to their limits? :lol: Just shut up and make a good port, Rockstar.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="C_Rule"]In the same way GTA IV pushed PCs to their limits? :lol: Just shut up and make a good port, Rockstar.

Actually, GTA4 did push PC to the limits, just in the wrong way :P
Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts
I found GTA4 ran fine for me, however I got it a year and a bit more after it's release. I don't want to have to wait that long to play Max Payne 3. I'm already holding off for a few weeks so I can finish this semester of uni without too many distractions. I don't want to wait much longer than that.
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 C_Rule
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="C_Rule"]In the same way GTA IV pushed PCs to their limits? :lol: Just shut up and make a good port, Rockstar.

Actually, GTA4 did push PC to the limits, just in the wrong way :P

My point exactly.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Well that's good, both Max Payne 1 and 2 were definitely graphical benchmarks for their time. I don't see why that should change with Max Payne 3.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
"We know we're doing a sh*tty port, so this way we don't have to admit it"
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kris9031998
Well according to nvidia (check their max Payne 3 site with the computer analyzer), it seems pretty well optimized.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

And PC gamers already crying and whining before the game is even out, comparing it to GTA IV - a game of the past. Get over it, and give Rockstar a chance. They're a great developer, not well-known for making optimized ports but they deserve another chance. They didn't even have to port it and for all we know you guys would have to play it on the consoles. Good riddens to the whiners.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

And PC gamers already crying and whining before the game is even out, comparing it to GTA IV - a game of the past. Get over it, and give Rockstar a chance. They're a great developer, not well-known for making optimized ports but they deserve another chance. They didn't even have to port it...Elann2008

That's why I have hopes this one will be well opitmized...

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JangoWuzHere

And PC gamers already crying and whining before the game is even out, comparing it to GTA IV - a game of the past. Get over it, and give Rockstar a chance. They're a great developer, not well-known for making optimized ports but they deserve another chance. They didn't even have to port it and for all we know you guys would have to play it on the consoles. Good riddens to the whiners.

Elann2008
People have the right to be cautious when they are throwing down 60$ on a product...
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 C_Rule
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

JangoWuzHere
People have the right to be cautious when they are throwing down 60$ on a product...

Exactly. Expecting people to pay full price for a broken mess like GTA IV isn't excusable when the company has more than enough money and resources to make a decent port.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
Crappy journalism, taking a few words out of context. What Rockstar actually said " But its when you get towards the top end of that range that you can really push a game to its limits, and the game will look and run incredibly on the most advanced current machines around at the moment and well into the near future."
Gamr2723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 Gamr2723
Member since 2011 • 119 Posts

In the same way GTA IV pushed PCs to their limits? :lol: Just shut up and make a good port, Rockstar.C_Rule

AND GIVE US RED DEAD REDEPTION WHY YOU ARE AT IT!:!:

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Elann2008

I guess you don't also complain when a chef burns your food? And how dare consumers want a quality product for their hard earned $60! We should just take anything from corporations! We should just screw consumer awareness altogether! :roll:

That out of the way, I'm cautiously optimistic about Max Payne 3. Rockstar has a history of screwing up with ports but I'm curious to see how Max Payne 3 will push the hardware.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

Vesica_Prime

I guess you don't also complain when a chef burns your food? And how dare consumers want a quality product for their hard earned $60! We should just take anything from corporations! We should just screw consumer awareness altogether! :roll:

That out of the way, I'm cautiously optimistic about Max Payne 3. Rockstar has a history of screwing up with ports but I'm curious to see how Max Payne 3 will push the hardware.

I love how people here are twisting my words to make me look bad. All am I saying is wait for it to release and judge THEN. Not now. Unless you are all psychics. Going by track record, doesn't necessarily mean this will be a bad port. Just like a developer may have once made great games but they no longer are capable of doing so today, as you guys have seen again and again. And to you sir, what a terrible analogy.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Elann2008

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]

C_Rule

Exactly. Expecting people to pay full price for a broken mess like GTA IV isn't excusable when the company has more than enough money and resources to make a decent port.

Think about what you said. No one is holding a gun to your head to buy the game day one. You can wait for reviews to see if the game is optimized well, or if it has bugs, issues. If you're going to pay for a broken mess without researching before you make any kind of purchase, then you are the fool. Not the developer and publisher of said game. You guys are speaking on behalf of gamers like you really know a thing or two of consumer rights and purchasing power, but yet you are so quick to buy a broken mess. That sounds rather idiotic, in a self-proclaimed way.

The only person expecting you to pay any amount of money, let alone full price for a product is YOU. You act like Rockstar already has your money on hold/pending in your bank account. I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of adolescences.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

JangoWuzHere

There's a difference between being cautious which MY MESSAGE is clearly suggesting, and then there's 100% whining, writing off Rockstar because of the GTA IV fiasco. Even a good developer can make mistakes, but can they not learn from their mistakes as well? You guys speak high and mighty like you're all perfect. No one is forcing you to buy a product day one, going in blind. There are plenty of reviews out there before you make the purchase, and then there are ton of user reviews. Because you bet your horses if the game comes out as a crappy port, it will be blasted on the forum and you will know. So who's fault is it if you buy a bad port without researching into it? Clearly, it's your fault.

Haha. Let me repeat myself again:
"And PC gamers already crying and whining before the game is even out, comparing it to GTA IV - a game of the past."

No where did I say you cannot be cautious. It clearly says, don't cry over something that isn't even out yet. You know, released. Last time I checked, the release date is June 1st. I'm guessing you all have the game already?

Like I said, no one is holding a gun to your head to buy a broken mess. If it isn't good, don't buy it. But don't whine untilt he game is officially out the door.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JangoWuzHere

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"] People have the right to be cautious when they are throwing down 60$ on a product...Elann2008

Think about what you said. No one is holding a gun to your head to buy the game day one. You can wait for reviews to see if the game is optimized well, or if it has bugs, issues. If you're going to pay for a broken mess without researching before you make any kind of purchase, then you are the fool. Not the developer and publisher of said game. You guys are speaking on behalf of gamers like you really know a thing or two of consumer rights and purchasing power, but yet you are so quick to buy a broken mess. That sounds rather idiotic, in a self-proclaimed way.

What about the pre-order incentives? I can't play LA Noire or use the classic multiplayer pack if I wait till after release for awnsers.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="C_Rule"] Exactly. Expecting people to pay full price for a broken mess like GTA IV isn't excusable when the company has more than enough money and resources to make a decent port.JangoWuzHere

What about the pre-order incentives? I can't play LA Noire or use the classic multiplayer pack if I wait till after release for awnsers.

Ohhh I can't get my multiplayer pack... 1st world problems. That's clearly on you. Weigh it out, since you're smart enough. A broken mess and multiplayer pack/incentives, or keep your $60 in your bank account. I think you could decide for yourself.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="C_Rule"] Exactly. Expecting people to pay full price for a broken mess like GTA IV isn't excusable when the company has more than enough money and resources to make a decent port.JangoWuzHere

Well then decide whether you want to risk it or not. I'm really not sure what you want from Rockstar.

They have given tons of info about the PC version already, they have said that it isn't a port, there have been benchmarks released, they are coming out with a PC trailer in a few days, they have released spec requirments and the expected performance for those specs, they have addressed various concerned raised like the install size or framerate cap, their customer support actually answers people about how the game should run for them, both Nvidia and AMD have pre release driver hotfixes out to improve performance for the game, interviewers that have seen the PC version have said it looks and runs great.

Rockstar has already given far, FAR more pre release information and support for the PC version than the average port of a multiplatform game. Everyone is just throwing a fit because of a single game 4 years ago ( LA Noire was just published by R*, it uses Team Bondi's proprietary engine, not RAGE), and seem to just automatically assume that they are going to mess this game up, despite pretty much all evidence to the contrary.

Stream_Beta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Stream_Beta
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

I do hope Max Payne 3 will push our PCs to a good amount, looking at how MP3 looks on a console is super

hysterical, graphics are a complete joke for this age.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 C_Rule

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"] People have the right to be cautious when they are throwing down 60$ on a product...Elann2008

The only person expecting you to pay any amount of money, let alone full price for a product is YOU. You act like Rockstar already has your money on hold/pending in your bank account. I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of adolescences.

I don't get how that counters what I said? If a publisher releases a game, I think it's fair to say they are expecting people to buy it, no? You don't release a product if you don't think people will buy it...
Stream_Beta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Stream_Beta

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="C_Rule"] Exactly. Expecting people to pay full price for a broken mess like GTA IV isn't excusable when the company has more than enough money and resources to make a decent port.C_Rule

I don't get how that counters what I said? If a publisher releases a game, I think it's fair to say they are expecting people to buy it, no? You don't release a product if you don't think people will buy it...

Complaining about a game before it comes out is acceptable, once the game is released and THEN people are complaining about it.....well those people have

no right to complain about anything that deals with bugs/graphics/performance/DLC/etc etc. Which this is another reason why a lot of people pirate, because then they get to fiddle around with the game and review it themselves before they buy it. It is like buying a car, you are not going to buy it without taking it for a test drive and observing the performance.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 C_Rule

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]

Stream_Beta

Complaining about a game before it comes out is acceptable, once the game is released and THEN people are complaining about it.....well those people have

no right to complain about anything that deals with bugs/graphics/performance/DLC/etc etc. Which this is another reason why a lot of people pirate, because then they get to fiddle around with the game and review it themselves before they buy it. It is like buying a car, you are not going to buy it without taking it for a test drive and observing the performance.

Wait, what?

You're saying it's ok to complain about a product before it's been released, but not after it's been released? That doesn't make any sense.
Stream_Beta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Stream_Beta

[QUOTE="Stream_Beta"]

[QUOTE="C_Rule"] I don't get how that counters what I said? If a publisher releases a game, I think it's fair to say they are expecting people to buy it, no? You don't release a product if you don't think people will buy it...C_Rule

Wait, what? You're saying it's ok to complain about a product before it's been released, but after it's been released? That doesn't make any sense.

"Complaining about a game before it comes out is acceptable."

"Once the game is released and THEN people are complaining about it.....well those people have no right to complain."

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

Vesica_Prime

Yeah you complain when a chef burns ur food AFTER YOU ORDERIT!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR....Did you pre purchase it????NO?Then shut the f*** up!

Are you sure you live on planet earth???If you didnt pre purchased the game...you are just some pathetic guy who complain and whine...in the best case scenario you are a potential costumer...

danygo1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 danygo1996
Member since 2009 • 377 Posts

I hope this isn't Crysis 1 all over again, Needing something lke a Quad 680 to play it on 60 fps :/

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rhazzy

I hope this isn't Crysis 1 all over again, Needing something lke a Quad 680 to play it on 60 fps :/

danygo1996

You can also play on minimum settings....so what is ur point?

danygo1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 danygo1996
Member since 2009 • 377 Posts

Over there

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rhazzy

Over there

danygo1996

You can play at 60 fps any game made on planet earth till this day(except for those games that have a fps cap)...with a crappy pc...you can also play at low rezolution and minimum settings...So again...what is ur point???

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

lol I highly doubt it. It will be good looking but not pushing things to their limit

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

danygo1996

The game will run almost 60 FPS on high at 1080p with a 560 according to performance charts. It's not going to be like Crysis

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Similar to how GTA4 still pushes PCs to their limits.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#44 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Wish there was a bit more detail on the NVIDIA site. It just says I meet the recommended requirements. I guess that's a good start :D
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kris9031998

Capture.png

Here, straight from this website

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Yeah you complain when a chef burns ur food AFTER YOU ORDERIT!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR....Did you pre purchase it????NO?Then shut the f*** up!

Are you sure you live on planet earth???If you didnt pre purchased the game...you are just some pathetic guy who complain and whine...in the best case scenario you are a potential costumer...

rhazzy

First of all not all restaurants are like that, some restaurants you pay before hand then you get the food. Now they may not be "first class" restaurants but they're restaurants nonetheless. Thus the analogy still stands.

Second of all of course I am a potential customer, no sh*t Sherlock. If you put out a product that is substandard then I won't buy it, instead I'll go to the competitor who has a better product for sale. Boohoo, they complained about my product being worse than the competitor's product and then bought the competitor's product. Tough f*cking sh*t, that's f*cking capitalism, competition breeds better products.

Bah, the myth of gamer entitlement is probably one of the biggest plagues in the industry.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Max Payne 3 Will Be "Horribly Optimized"

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#48 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

It's saying my GTX460 is below reccomended.

This game is going to be poorly optimized. I'd bet money on it.

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts

Max Payne 3 Will Be "Horribly Optimized"

GummiRaccoon
I am also betting on this.
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

after playing it on the 360 i'm hopin r* do a better job with the controls in the pc version