Logitech Z-5500 5.1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

micropact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 micropact
Member since 2006 • 173 Posts
I am going to get a set of these for around $350 which seems reasonable for 505 watts. I was wondering if anyone had them and if they are any good. Since they cost so much I don't wanna throw away $350 before getting some advice.
dmanrevived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dmanrevived
Member since 2004 • 1595 Posts
I don't have them myself, but I have heard good things. I see a lot of people with them, that must mean something.
savage161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 savage161
Member since 2006 • 2126 Posts

Their good, If your on a budget then its pretty much the speakers to get, Ive got them and it meets my needs and if i have it up full it makes my ears hurt.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121120

albertafox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 albertafox
Member since 2004 • 165 Posts
Picked up a set over two years ago and have worked very well. Replaced some older Cambridge soundworks 4.1's that where probly five years old. Night and day difference.

Only issue I had was getting the speakers setup with a Audigy platinum. Seems audigy does "to" much remedial stuff and whatnot and you basically have to disable some of it to get the sound right. For example switching from playing games to watching movies, you have to make some adjustments to both each time. Where as with just onboard sound I have no issues and only have to switch to digital for movies/music and direct for games.

I would maybe also suggest getting a battery backup with voltage regulation as our power here is very unclean and would cause my sub to hum sometimes. Once battery backup with V.regulation I have not had it do it since. But i use battery backups with AVR for all my pc equipment since the cost can save a few grand worth of equipment.

nicholas400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 nicholas400
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts
accessories4less.com has an onkyo hts790 7.1 htib for under 400 delivered. It is a great system for my home unless you are looking for something small or for computer use. I have one and LOVE IT!!!