Knights of the Old Republic FANS!!

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Antraxspore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Antraxspore
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts
^^ Do you think that LucasArts will releas a possible kotor3 ??
kaimaxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kaimaxs
Member since 2004 • 52 Posts
Maybe! Not sure! he's quite lazy now!
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

^^ Do you think that LucasArts will releas a possible kotor3 ??Antraxspore

Lucas arts arn't the talent what made those games.. It was the dedication of the Bioware and Obsidian devs to make one and two.

EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
Obsidian is requesting to work on KoToR3. They have been in talks with LA for a while now. I'm sure something will come up soon.
dzms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 dzms
Member since 2006 • 807 Posts
I would be nice that they would make KOTOR 3, but I dought they will. Bioware is going under these days. This is almost like waiting for Golden Sun 2(lost age isn't number 2)
socom14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 socom14
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts
I really hope so, I would love it if bioware made KOTOR 3 but obsidian probably will.
sircyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sircyrus
Member since 2003 • 6358 Posts
I'd rather see a KOTOR-style SW game set after the movies than before them. The last KOTOR, while it had some cool characters, was getting to be a bit extreme. Like when a setting starts running out of story ideas so they think up insanely powerful enemies until the characters themselves more closely resemble gods than they do human (or alien, whatever).
OMasterBeefO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OMasterBeefO
Member since 2005 • 51 Posts

I'm hoping they'll make KOTOR 3, as the previous ones were great and sold amazingly well.

However, it was very soon after the release of the first KOTOR that KOTOR 2 was announced. It's now been about 2 years since KOTOR 2, and no announcement yet.

The 2nd was made on the same engine as the first, so it would obviously have been a lot easier and quicker to make. Bioware / Obsidion may just be making a new engine for the next-gen systems (probably X360, as Bioware released all it's stuff only on PC & Xbox due to their closeness in architecture, something reflected again in the 360).

I won't hold it against Bioware though if they're making a brand new series. I just like their games, whether Star Wars or not. Except for Jade Empire. i hated the demo I played. Full game might be different, but it didn't capture me at all. So please not a sequel to Jade Empire Bioware!

istari101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 istari101
Member since 2003 • 381 Posts
I really hope so, I would love it if bioware made KOTOR 3 but obsidian probably will.socom14

Same here. I felt Bioware's KotOR was outstanding, but Obsidian's KotOR II was a really dissapointing and disjointed experience for me.
jiang5chen15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jiang5chen15
Member since 2004 • 253 Posts
A better storyline, longer gameplay, better combat system, better graphic is welcome althought the last kotor is great.
-notdie-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -notdie-
Member since 2005 • 473 Posts
I hope so. I actaully found the second much more enjoyable. It felt like a real RPG with a complex world, not the diarama world in the first one. The second was so well written I found it far superior to the prequal films.
itsme256512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 itsme256512
Member since 2003 • 82 Posts
I really really hope so.
ForeverNHim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ForeverNHim
Member since 2003 • 971 Posts
If they do, it will be out on console long before PC gamers ever see it...
Sir_Graham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Sir_Graham
Member since 2002 • 3983 Posts

If they do, it will be out on console long before PC gamers ever see it... ForeverNHim

What makes you think that? I hope Bioware gets the job.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
[QUOTE="dzms"]I would be nice that they would make KOTOR 3, but I dought they will. Bioware is going under these days. This is almost like waiting for Golden Sun 2(lost age isn't number 2)

What are you talking about? How is Bioware going under? Dragon Age, Future MMO, and Mass Effect. Doesn't seem like they're having any problems. Not to mention NWN is still selling. I'd prefer Bioware got the rights to make KOTOR 3 but I doubt they'd fight very hard for them.
PaverPopPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PaverPopPC
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts
Yes they definetely need to make a KOTOR 3 because the ending to #2 was just awful!! That whole level was awful but yes I believe they left us hanging which deserves a sequel.
yangzuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yangzuo
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I really like these 2 games, but I think it won't be 3 until the NWN2 & Dragon Age was published.
sircyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sircyrus
Member since 2003 • 6358 Posts
Yes they definetely need to make a KOTOR 3 because the ending to #2 was just awful!! That whole level was awful but yes I believe they left us hanging which deserves a sequel.PaverPopPC
If you read about the ending information that was found on the disk they didn't leave us hanging, LucasArts just forced it out before it was completed so that it would hit the target season. The ending sucked because of it, and they didn't get to polish the game.
shaane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shaane
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts
whoever makes it doesn't really matters to me just make it.
Francisca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Francisca
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

KotOR is no doubt my most favorite game. There isn't a single game that I have played and replayed so so many times. Then I'd put it away for a while and pick it up after star wars hits the theatres and I'm back replaying it again.

I had this to a lesser degree with KotOR2. Although not a bad game, it didn't grab and hold me like the first did. You get many characters that can be turned into a Jedi but only a few were truly worth it and the one that would have been an awesome guardian was unable to become a Jedi (hanharr).

One thing that bothered me most was the subtitle. Sith Lords. And a epic class of Sith Lord. Even though Yoda has said, there are always two. A Master and an apprentice. No more, no less. Last thing I disliked. The guys get Handmaiden, I get some dorky librarian that doesn't even offer the same bonus Handmaiden does? wtf!?

What I loved on both games however is the fact that you can play it out as both good and evil and be equally rewarded - unlike Baldur's gate/2 where being evil you'll hurt yourself XP wise ;)

Bioware is my preferred choice for a new KotOR, and I'm quite fine with where this shall take place, either way before the movies, during or after. All good to me:)

langrisser2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#21 langrisser2005
Member since 2004 • 2285 Posts
I really hope they decide to do a 3rd. It was unfair that they had a short deadline to do the 2nd and even though it done well considering. They should make the 3rd with no quick deadlines, take their time and make it much interesting and longer with many more choices.
jiang5chen15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jiang5chen15
Member since 2004 • 253 Posts
Not comparing anything here but I think they should use as much time they want to do kotor 3 like the people in bethesta. Oblivion took 4 years, if they use 2 years, I think the game would be great. More quest and so on. I wish they change the combat and graphic, next gen coming right ?
kamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kamix
Member since 2003 • 734 Posts
[QUOTE="Francisca"]

One thing that bothered me most was the subtitle. Sith Lords. And a epic class of Sith Lord. Even though Yoda has said, there are always two. A Master and an apprentice. No more, no less.

From what I (not a SW geek) understand there were plenty of Sith before the Jedi won the Sith vs Jedi war however many thousands of years before the movies.

The game was great but goddamn the ending was a joke. Play for 50 or so hours and then finish the game in 10 minutes is not even funny .. none of the story threads were tied off, it was a disaster. The thing was Lucasarts knew it would have XXX million people rush and buy the game without reading reviews, just because KOTOR1 was so awesome. Then we all played the game, fell in love with it, and tore our hair our once we realised it wasn't completed. I would have rated KOTOR2 as 9.9/10 if it had a solid conclusion, but with the way they rushed it I would be struggling to give it a 5/10.

That is my biggest fear about KOTOR3. The possibilities for these games are so great it really isn't worth doing another unless they are serious about it, willing to delay release if necessary. It's the same with all sequels, unless you are prepared to do it well, don't do it at all.
istari101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 istari101
Member since 2003 • 381 Posts
[QUOTE="PaverPopPC"]Yes they definetely need to make a KOTOR 3 because the ending to #2 was just awful!! That whole level was awful but yes I believe they left us hanging which deserves a sequel.sircyrus
If you read about the ending information that was found on the disk they didn't leave us hanging, LucasArts just forced it out before it was completed so that it would hit the target season. The ending sucked because of it, and they didn't get to polish the game.

That (and the Sith Lords Restoration Project) not withstanding, the core game itself was left unfinished. Although there is a great deal of "locked" content on the discs that didn't make the final deadline, the finished product itself is still lacking. Execution didn't match intention for this one. Hopefully KotOR 3 (if it happens) can fare better.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="socom14"]I really hope so, I would love it if bioware made KOTOR 3 but obsidian probably will.istari101

Same here. I felt Bioware's KotOR was outstanding, but Obsidian's KotOR II was a really dissapointing and disjointed experience for me.

Yeah but you have to look at the perspective they were forced to release that game in less then a year.. Thats like world record time of ever releasing a game that polished even though the game wasn't as good as KOTOR..

ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
Most likely they will, i can't sum up all the "evidance" right now, but Obsidian has the license, i believe, and they were supposedly offering jobs to work on a Star Wars game.

Let's just hope 3 will be better the the previous 2, so much promise and so little results. *sigh*
KickingMule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KickingMule
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts
I hope that KotOR III is announced soon but that won't happen till the E3 at the earliest.
Jkandrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Jkandrey
Member since 2006 • 105 Posts
PaverPopPC wrote: Yes they definetely need to make a KOTOR 3 because the ending to #2 was just awful!!!

Ending is very good. Exile goes to the unknown regions, where Revan had left to fight real Sith, to help him.
So in KOTOR3 there will be Revan and Exile together.

P.S:Obsidian already started to prepare for KOTOR3 development...
Nation411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nation411
Member since 2006 • 3463 Posts
I thought Kotor one was really good, extremly addicting. I loved cutting people down and using the force. I have yet to get the second one yet...i was meaning to buy it for PC very soon.
Leandro29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 Leandro29
Member since 2006 • 406 Posts
Kotor is a best RPG for PC
Jkandrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jkandrey
I love story and relationship with companions, not killing.:D
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
Obsidian FTW! Would be too awesome if they made a kotor 3, and had a bit more time than 13 months like last time...
DesRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DesRed
Member since 2004 • 135 Posts
Whoever is making the next KOTOR , I think it will probably be Obsidian Entertainment (highest guess), no doubt about it. I may not be a KOTOR fan (though I like them) but in my opinion, I'd say give Obsidian another chance. They did, after all, improved the core gameplay and made KOTOR 2 more solid compared to its predecessor and gave it an interesting story, though the ending is a total letdown.

Obsidian have the potential to make a great game but due to pressure from Lucasarts, they kinda messed up the game and it was released incomplete. Eventually, I think Lucasarts learnt of their mistakes and gave more time to the development of Star Wars Republic Commando when it was demonstrated in E3 back in 2003. When it was released in March 2005, it was a success. Later, in 2006, Empire at War was released and was a great success as well. By these successes, I doubt that Lucasarts will repeat that same mistake they made to KOTOR 2.
Jkandrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jkandrey
Obsidian already preparing for development of KOTOR3
sugus07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sugus07
Member since 2005 • 1559 Posts

[QUOTE="Antraxspore"]^^ Do you think that LucasArts will releas a possible kotor3 ??sSubZerOo

Lucas arts arn't the talent what made those games.. It was the dedication of the Bioware and Obsidian devs to make one and two.

yup

DarthMaul135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DarthMaul135
Member since 2004 • 1076 Posts
I dont care who makes it, give it a great story line, and make it very in depth and long! just like KotOR I..I loved it!
thekidmac236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thekidmac236
Member since 2006 • 92 Posts
Was I just me not completing the quest or was the Hk47 mission not cpmlete. 
mm1228

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mm1228
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
KOTOR single handedly turned me on to RPGs.  Never use to play them until that game.  Loved the story.  KOTOR2 started out great.  Better powers gained quickly and darker storyline I thought (which was cool).  But I agree that the ending was disappointing.  Too many loose ends that left me thinking they had no intention of tying regardless of whether or not they made a KOTOR3.  If they do make another, maybe they should jump ahead a thousand years from the original KOTOR instead of just a couple of years.  Kind of restart the story.  There is so much they could play around with that way.
serc_143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 serc_143
Member since 2005 • 205 Posts

I'd rather see a KOTOR-style SW game set after the movies than before them. The last KOTOR, while it had some cool characters, was getting to be a bit extreme. Like when a setting starts running out of story ideas so they think up insanely powerful enemies until the characters themselves more closely resemble gods than they do human (or alien, whatever).sircyrus

you do know the starwas stroy spans before the rise and fall of drath vadar which is what the  film is about, theres tons of books, and i know this because my geeky cousin has got them all

Jkandrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jkandrey
DarthMaul135 wrote: I dont care who makes it, give it a great story line, and make it very in depth and long! just like KotOR I..I loved it!

But I care. Because only Obsidian can make real, fantastic KOTOR game, because they've working on it five years and know the game better, than everyone. And it was Obsidian's idea to make it...
p.s:KOTOR 1 was shorter, than KOTOR 2.
Satanmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#41 Satanmar
Member since 2003 • 1540 Posts
I would love if they did, but from what I have read things have been going slow if anything is happening at all?
AzraeLskI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 AzraeLskI
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I think that they will make a sequel but I dont know whos going to be the main character
Jkandrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jkandrey
I think Revan will be more main, that Exile. However Exile will be very important too.
dorkiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dorkiness
Member since 2004 • 1904 Posts
I  am a big Bioware/Obsidian Fan.Like all the RPGs they have developed.
kamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kamix
Member since 2003 • 734 Posts
[QUOTE="Jkandrey"] Because only Obsidian can make real, fantastic KOTOR game, because they've working on it five years and know the game better, than everyone. And it was Obsidian's idea to make it...
p.s:KOTOR 1 was shorter, than KOTOR 2.

Are you serious? Obsidian made a sequal. Everything except the advanced classes and weapon switching and knowing whether a crate is empty or not was created by bioware, the rest was copied from kotor 1. Yes kotor 2 was longer, but it had no real end sequence which destroyed the game. If they get the proper development time I have no problem with Obsidian doing kotor 3 but saying they did a better job than bioware is just stupid, no one does a better job at RPG games than bioware.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts
Are they going to make KOTOR 3?
Of course they are! Why the hell else would they screw up the perfectly good ending planned for KOTOR 2?!

If and when the third one does get made, I hope that it's given to Obsidian again...and that they actually finish it this time. They clearly have the potential to make brilliant RPGs, they were just...unlucky with KOTOR 2.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts
no one does a better job at RPG games than bioware.kamix

Well...except for Black Isle Studios...and Troika, I guess. Unfortunately neither currently exist.
Still, Obsidian was founded by ex-Black Isle members...so...
Serialkillajoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 Serialkillajoe
Member since 2005 • 230 Posts

I hope so!

UC-606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points