King's Bounty: The Legend - Official Website Now Online

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts

http://www.kings-bounty.com/eng/

Lots of new information on the game, including a breakdown of skills/spells/races/game mechanics. Anybody who played the original (like 18 years ago :P ) should be excited for this one! I know it's from a EU developer, and it's not a big name title, but if you like RPG/TBS this one should deffinetly be on your radar.

Any old King's Bounty fans out there?

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

Thanks my friend.

Hopefully a release date will be coming soon.

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
awesome news. Nothing like going back in the day
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dnuggs40
Ya, release is still supposedly Q2...so hopefully that stands.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
Is it similiar to Heroes of Might and Magic series ? I saw a trailer and the game looked really good
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dnuggs40

Is it similiar to Heroes of Might and Magic series ? I saw a trailer and the game looked really goodnaval

Yes...well...here is the history of the two series: (taken from wiki)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_Bounty

"King's Bounty is widely considered to be the precursor for much of the gameplay in the HOMM (the HOMM series being the basis for the storyline), both of which were published by New World Computing and designed by Jon Cathegam. Among the many similarities, an emphasis on hero development and combat ****are especially prominent in both"

So in short, Kings Bounty was actually released *before* HOMM, and is regarded as the inspiration for HOMM.

Some key differences (for the new game):

-Overland movement is all in real time. There is no player turns, then enemy turns. You move around the map freely.

-Emphasis on building one character, with much deeper RPG system. Items, spells, 3 skill trees, ect.

-One flowing world. HOMM you play "maps", KB:TL is focused on one hero questing through a large story line in one large "world". Though some areas might be split up, but its not like HOMM where you complete maps by objective.

-Boss battles

Basically it's more of a RPG game (with turn based combat). Though a lot of mechanics are similar...well...because both these games are inspired by the same mechanics.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

Ability to start a family, find a wife and have children!

Sweet! I can get my FREAK on! ;)

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dnuggs40

lol...ya I read that too.

Not sure what "benefits" you get from starting a family (if any), but should be interesting to see what they do with that.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

[QUOTE="naval"]Is it similiar to Heroes of Might and Magic series ? I saw a trailer and the game looked really gooddnuggs40

Yes...well...here is the history of the two series: (taken from wiki)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_Bounty

"King's Bounty is widely considered to be the precursor for much of the gameplay in the HOMM (the HOMM series being the basis for the storyline), both of which were published by New World Computing and designed by Jon Cathegam. Among the many similarities, an emphasis on hero development and combat ****are especially prominent in both"

So in short, Kings Bounty was actually released *before* HOMM, and is regarded as the inspiration for HOMM.

Some key differences (for the new game):

-Overland movement is all in real time. There is no player turns, then enemy turns. You move around the map freely.

-Emphasis on building one character, with much deeper RPG system. Items, spells, 3 skill trees, ect.

-One flowing world. HOMM you play "maps", KB:TL is focused on one hero questing through a large story line in one large "world". Though some areas might be split up, but its not like HOMM where you complete maps by objective.

-Boss battles

Basically it's more of a RPG game (with turn based combat). Though a lot of mechanics are similar...well...because both these games are inspired by the same mechanics.

Thanks ! I always knew king's bounty was the inspiration for HoMM Series.

also, I don't think its just a rpg with turn based combat. With the trailer I saw there where stacks of creatures of different kinds which makes me belive its going to be turn based strategy + role playing

anyways this games looks pretty cool. it looks like what i would have wanted homm 5 to be like besides the real time movement part

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dnuggs40

Ya, you will command an army with "stacks" of creatures. Though the overworld will not be turn based, and you are free to move around the world. The strategy element comes into play in the battles, and it is VERY similar to HOMM.

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
yeah, I've been looking forward to this game aswell. It looks like it may pull off a Witcher like succes.