Is PC Gaming Dead???

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-notdie-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 -notdie-
Member since 2005 • 473 Posts

It's not dead but for the first time ever -- and I've been a staunch PC supporter since the beginning -- PC gaming is critically ill. It makes me sad but this is the reality. People always mention casual game and how they are on the rise but that really isn't my thing, I grew up with Lucasarts adventure games, shooters and some of the early RPGs and these days, adventure games are pretty much dead, shooters are watered down for consoles and the same goes for RPGs.

FunkyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 FunkyNinja
Member since 2008 • 277 Posts

PC gaming will never die.. People will be playing any mmorpg you will see pc gaming is dead.

WoW ftw.

Avatar image for i_saw_a_mudcrab
i_saw_a_mudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 i_saw_a_mudcrab
Member since 2007 • 1015 Posts

It's not dead but for the first time ever -- and I've been a staunch PC supporter since the beginning -- PC gaming is critically ill. It makes me sad but this is the reality. People always mention casual game and how they are on the rise but that really isn't my thing, I grew up with Lucasarts adventure games, shooters and some of the early RPGs and these days, adventure games are pretty much dead, shooters are watered down for consoles and the same goes for RPGs.

-notdie-

Word. I hope more people will clear the fairy dust out of their eyes and see the truth.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
Its not dead. Its still kicking ass and taking down names.
-carrots-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55 -carrots-
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts

no

its just evolving:P

commander1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 commander1122
Member since 2005 • 1165 Posts
i see a dead man talking -.-
kokonut1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 kokonut1971
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

what i see happenning is this as quote from aprevious post i made...

I wonder if anyone had given serious thoughts about the recent changes in the gaming industry with regards to the activation of games and the function of updating games thru only one specific venue or outlet only, specifically,the internet. To me by logic this constitute a monopoly and does not give rise to fair competition to obtain a product or the derivative products of said first product. I was just reading upon this article in wiki which is very interesting and is about coercive monopoly which to me seem to be the case right now with the gaming industry and the new way it has decided to operate when distributing their games...

Look up cohercive monopoly on wiki or the internet you will find that if you sit down and think about it, this is exactly what is going on with the industry at this time.

I understand that the gaming industry is trying hard to fight piracy but it is basically starting to make it's own rules and regulations that actually might be against the real laws to protect consumers to begin with. I wonder if anyone has filled complaints with the federal trade commission or the better business bureau about how the gaming industry is getting you into doing "their way"....

To resume the above and simply put:

Gamers will have to activate their game online thru one venue (monopoly)

They won;t have much of a much of who they can choose to activate with. (monopoly)

Updates will have to be done thru whom, the publisher will decide they go thru (monopoly)

i could go and on and prove to you that is goes against everyone in the business except the publishers of the game...

the pc gaming industry is gonna become it's own totalitarian dictatorship where everyone is going to have a hard time getting things done...

Will it stop piracy...

nope...

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Way to try and cover an obvious advertisement for your site.
XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
It's all generalization, in my opinion. There is no hard facts. The only thing people can harp on are perceptions and how the industry is changing. Does it mean PC gaming is dying or is dead? Hell no. People just grab random opinions from their butts and treat them as fact.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I'm just here for the funeral.
riptoe222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 riptoe222
Member since 2007 • 799 Posts

there will always be real gamers that will want the precision of mouse aiming that pc offers, and there will always be console kiddies that need the clunky auto-aim of consoles

and there will always be people wanting superior graphics of the pc, and superior frames per second and extended gameplay thru modding and map adding and such.. there will always be real gamers and kiddos, so there will always be pc gamers and console kids.. just how it is.

SerbWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#62 SerbWarrior
Member since 2009 • 459 Posts

PC Gaming dead?

Dude,i never owned an Xbox or Playstation...

But playing with those fuc*ing controlers...

It just seems so weak,oh look im having fun,but then i see with what im playing,a little midget looking controler (no offence intended to little people)

So,PC gaming IS NOT dead,it wont be dead any time soon,fuc* that,it will never die...

And microsoft can kiss my as$...

Money worshiping bastar*s

weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#63 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

I will agree that PC gaming is dead

as long as everyone stops asking if PC gaming is dead

GSgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 GSgirl
Member since 2008 • 581 Posts

It very alive to me 8)

IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#65 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts

I will agree that PC gaming is dead

as long as everyone stops asking if PC gaming is dead

weirjf
lol! it's definitely not dead. Otherwise, this forum would not exist.
dispator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 dispator
Member since 2005 • 570 Posts
???!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)
visceron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#67 visceron
Member since 2005 • 2160 Posts

If you have to ask, then NO!

dag-dabreemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 dag-dabreemie
Member since 2003 • 56 Posts

1. Gaming is dead dead dead
2. I have a super high powered machine and I am playing a game four years old becuase the new ones (in my view) are boring.
3. Many game developers have stated more than once that they fully plan to go multiplatform with all releases, INCLUDING MMO's

SEANMCAD

-notdie-

Word. I hope more people will clear the fairy dust out of their eyes and see the truth.

i_saw_a_mudcrab

I'm just here for the funeral.RK-Mara

I think PC gaming in general is not dead. However, I think specifically that Retro PC gaming is very ill and has pneumonia & pancreatic cancer in terms of older decent games still trying to be played with what limitations they have to newer latest hardware and operating system requirements, configurations, and compatibilities. Its usually up to the tremendously talented fan based community who keep an older pc game alive 'n resuscitated with whatever means necessary - emulators, update tweaks 'n hex hacks, and excellent custom mods & add on levels. It gets incredibly frustrating waiting impatiently and hoping that a certain retro pc game will be fixed or "handled with care" by somebody to suit another selfish gamer's desired appetite or addiction to keep an older pc game working properly. ;/
Its also too bad that pc game maker companies and video card companies still around surviving lately just stop or limit their legitimate official support to a certain point as well or you know its bad when they say they can't help you anymore.

iki080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 iki080
Member since 2008 • 1085 Posts

no pc gaming just woken up from the motherboard grave lol

sarahandkev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 sarahandkev
Member since 2009 • 49 Posts

the other great thing about pc gaming is that you can use emulators, computers are great for that!:P

ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
As long as there are games that simply cannot be played on consoles, PC will live. Excluding MMO's, they need to die. Also, lots of developers are saying PC gaming is dying because of pirating......Every console that could be pirated has had way more pirating then PC, believe me. Btw, no I'm not becoming a regular member of your site, sorry.