is ARM A 2 and operation arrowhead fun ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for poovannaorcbane
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 poovannaorcbane
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

i need something to shoot at and shooting zombies in left for dead 2 got me bored and the rest of the shooters released in the last couple of months has me bored as well ARM A 2/operation arrowhead game worth it ? gamespot has given good reviews but i still have my doubts !! is the singleplayer campign good? not that interested in multiplayer

Decoy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Decoy123
Member since 2004 • 816 Posts

I personally dont like it at all but i only tried the demo after some of my friends said it was good, dukes coming out soon. call of duty has a free weekend on steam right now and the red faction games are also on steam weekend sale. the first one was good 2 was meh.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

It is but it pales in comparsion with OFP: Cold War Crisis and Resistance imo. If you're not interested in multi-player I would say it's not worth it because the multi-player (and the level editor) is the best thing about it. You also need a strong PC or it will be lame (too slow).

jakerinobino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jakerinobino
Member since 2010 • 119 Posts

I think you just have to be into that sort of thing. I bought Combined Ops and kind of regretted it, I guess it's just not my type of game because I know alot of other people that like it.

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

If you just want a shooter, look somewhere else. Its an amazing game, but its definitely not for everyone.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
If you want to play a realistic simulation, it's damn engaging and does the thrill of combat better than any shooter, as well as being tactic and strategic heavy. If you don't, nope. That comes before the re-playability and editor.
Mar044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Mar044
Member since 2006 • 1357 Posts

its a solider simulator rather then a action shooter, its not for everyone as people have said, it takes time to learn but you may or may not like it, but fot those that do its a one of a kind game.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

no disrespect, but it does not sound like the game for you.

its not a shooter, its a war simulation.

Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

i need something to shoot at and shooting zombies in left for dead 2 got me bored and the rest of the shooters released in the last couple of months has me bored as well ARM A 2/operation arrowhead game worth it ? gamespot has given good reviews but i still have my doubts !! is the singleplayer campign good? not that interested in multiplayer

poovannaorcbane

Its a simulator it no battlefield game, you wont just run around a kill everyone it requires massive teamwork effort and a lot of patiente.

And the only reason to purchase this game is its multiplayer aspect no point getting it for its single player aspect.

2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 2good2betrue
Member since 2006 • 7791 Posts

I have actually only played it on single player and love the game. I have yet to go on multiplayer and I have 95 hours on it according to steam. Mods help the replayability a lot too. It's not for everyone, but personally, I love the game.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I have actually only played it on single player and love the game. I have yet to go on multiplayer and I have 95 hours on it according to steam. Mods help the replayability a lot too. It's not for everyone, but personally, I love the game.

2good2betrue

yeah, it really does have a good singleplayer. Just gotta get past the annoying voicework and occasional pathfinding and AI issues.

Armory mode isa lot of damn fun too! Love the helicopter challenges :)

luis_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 luis_07
Member since 2011 • 124 Posts
If you're looking for a run-n-gun shooter then this game is not for you, you have to be patient, you have to think ahead before going into battle. It's a complex war simulator. I personally like it.. Try out the demo first before you decide to buy it...
Avatar image for poovannaorcbane
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 poovannaorcbane
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts
hey guys dont jump the gun i have varied tastes !!! i like games that dont tread the beaten path!! i liked the old ghost recon and advanced warfighter 1 there was a lot of tactics there to be employed and to some extent was realistic !! and this game ARM A 2 is a tactical realistic shooter right ? unlike COD and battlefield right ?? and i am extremely patient :) and i have decent pc (i have a radeon HD 6950 1 gb ;) should be strong enough for a majority of games :P ) ok u guys convinced me i am getting it and will probably play multiplayer too
agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

hey guys dont jump the gun i have varied tastes !!! i like games that dont tread the beaten path!! i liked the old ghost recon and advanced warfighter 1 there was a lot of tactics there to be employed and to some extent was realistic !! and this game ARM A 2 is a tactical realistic shooter right ? unlike COD and battlefield right ?? and i am extremely patient :) and i have decent pc (i have a radeon HD 6950 1 gb ;) should be strong enough for a majority of games :P ) ok u guys convinced me i am getting it and will probably play multiplayer toopoovannaorcbane

You gotta have a good processor for this one too. If you have a dual core it might not cut it. You should try the demos, and keep in mind that they run a good bit worse than the games current build.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#15 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

I don't agree with the people who say it's only good for multiplayer. With the editor, you can create all kinds of single player scenarios, or you can play missions built by the dedicated community. The single player campaign suffers from bugginess, but it has some good ideas.

That being said, this is a game with a huge learning curve, and the emphasis on tactics and realism is likely to put a lot of people off. I'd say that if you just want to shoot things, this is not the game you're looking for.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

[QUOTE="poovannaorcbane"]

Silicel1

Its a simulator it no battlefield game

Actually it is a battlefield game. The vehicle and aircraft physics aren't comprable to real combat sims. The soldier injuries are also compromised but for a computer game it's as close as it gets.

coolmonkeykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 coolmonkeykid
Member since 2004 • 3276 Posts
if you join a squad it can be fun.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#18 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Fun is subjective and an awful way to describe your enjoyment. In a simple sense ArmA 2 is best described as tense and challenging; If I were to use 'fun' though, I'd throw the term towards games like Bulletstorm.
simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

Fun is subjective and an awful way to describe your enjoyment. In a simple sense ArmA 2 is best described as tense and challenging; If I were to use 'fun' though, I'd throw the term towards games like Bulletstorm.illmatic87

No, ArmA 2 is fun. It's fun to fly an A-10 and drop LGBs on unsuspecting Russians or hop in a Russian Tunguska AA System and swat all of the American aircraft out of the sky.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Haha. It depends on what your idea of fun is. If you liked the ORIGINAL Ghost Recon, i would say def give it a shot.

Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

[QUOTE="Silicel1"]

[QUOTE="poovannaorcbane"]

nameless12345

Its a simulator it no battlefield game

Actually it is a battlefield game. The vehicle and aircraft physics aren't comprable to real combat sims. The soldier injuries are also compromised but for a computer game it's as close as it gets.

what i meant was its not battlefield 2,3, 2142, BC2 etc.