Is anyone here a console and pc gamer?

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redboxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 redboxa
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
hey guys, im just getting into alot of pc gaming, and I've been thinking if any of you also love the console games as well? I personally play all games on all systems, so try not to bash me.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
I do play console games sometimes, but PC gaming is my primary focus.
redboxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 redboxa
I see, I'm trying not to think of console gaming right now....
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 smokeydabear076
Why?
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
My whole life, just over a year ago i got a job and built a new PC. I have a Wii, but it doesn't get much use, i'm hoping my bro gets me a PS3 for x-mas :D
Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Ironfungus
Member since 2007 • 1123 Posts

hey guys, im just getting into alot of pc gaming, and I've been thinking if any of you also love the console games as well? I personally play all games on all systems, so try not to bash me.redboxa

Down to the core I will always be a PC Gamer, but I currently own and play my Xbox 360. Before that, I played a PS2 for a long while before getting rid of it.

redboxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 redboxa

Why?smokeydabear076

Because currently I've understood the better qualities of Pc Gaming and dont wanna go back...

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 smokeydabear076

[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"]Why?redboxa

Because currently I've understood the better qualities of Pc Gaming and dont wanna go back...

Oh.
--Anna--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 --Anna--
Member since 2007 • 4636 Posts
Yes, I have a xbox 360 and a computer. I prefer the computer.
thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
I'm primarily a PC gamer but I do own an Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, and PSP. I keep the consoles for playing split screen co-op with friends or for those games that aren't released for the PC (ie. Mass Effect).
Makaveli527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Makaveli527
Member since 2007 • 210 Posts
I play PC and xbox360. But my xbox broke for the 3rd time and I'm just sooo lazy. Don't want to send it in.
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

I have a PS3, 360, use to have a Wii (traded in that POS), and a PC (well not mine) PC needs upgraded but i just bought CoH and C&C: TFD. I can play CoH on Low-Medium settings which sucks.

if you want to add me if you have a PS3 or 360 my ids are

PSN: Jimmyschicknshac (think thats the right spelling lol)

360: xSSx Gokuja04 (and no its not Super Saiyan, it was shadow squad)

Anofalye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 Anofalye
Member since 2006 • 702 Posts

When I don't feel the extras are adding much, I relly on the console as it is less likely to be buggy.

I play Oblivion on my 360 and I am quite happy with that choice. I also play Overlord on the 360. Others games are on the PC unless you talk about old games (Xbox or PS2)....or of my DS and advance war.

But overall, I pick what I feel is best, and most of the time, it is the PC version. Some peoples will try to tell you PC is always superior, and that is a lie...it is usually superior. Let's take Oblivion for example...on the PC it adds a few things, which I really don't care about. On the 360, it was playtested for this precise setting, so I experience no bugs and very little adjustements, unlike a PC gamer which the game was not playtested specifically for his computer, he will have to adjust the settings and fine tune them and might experience irregularity (as the PC might run other programs). Oblivion, for me, is superior on my 360...as I don't care for whatever extra the PC version offers.

But again, I like my PC, and most games, I play on my PC, that would be kinda blind to just assume a PC is always better, it depends on yours expectations and needs.

I will NEVER buy a Xboxlive version...as anyway, I would need a Keyboard if I play multiplayer, what is the point if I can't type? Voices are good, but not an all-out solution.

Demokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Demokk
Member since 2006 • 303 Posts
Yes. I try to balance my console and PC gaming, so I don't think I spend more or less time PC Gaming (Indeed, except sometimes =P)
Lecithin67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lecithin67
Member since 2006 • 49 Posts
I'm definately biased towards PC gaming since my parents never let me and my brothers own a nice console, but I now own a couple consoles and enjoy the experience (just not as much as pc gaming)
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

I do play console games sometimes, but PC gaming is my primary focus.smokeydabear076

Yeah, especially with multi-platforming being so big now, only other console I think of buying is the Wii, and I'm getting that this christmas.

Before the 'next gen' I was a PS2, Gameube, and PC gamer.

I love consoles, and I'm not Biased towards PC, but I don't neccessarily like it when PC games are like, dumbed down for console users, smokeydabear has a good blog about that issue, you should read it.

I've been a PC gamer for a long time, and I still think it's the best, and with the almost like, 12 years of PC gaming that I've been doing, I still see no reason to buy a console, the day I buy a console and dump PC gaming forever, is just as likely as me swallowing barbed wire, pulling the other end out my ass, and flossing myself to death, it just ain't gonna happen.

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

I am.

I own a Playstation 2 (bought in 2006) which I use for driving games, sports games, the Guitar Hero games and my Playstation 1 collection. I think the PS2 library is very mediocre, but the PS1 has fifteen of the greatest games of all time, and I love playing them.

I have never owned a Microsoft console and so far, I haven't seen much of a point. I own a SNES and I sometimes break out games like Flashback and Mario.

Up until recently, I owned a Gamecube but I realised that I never actually play it (I bought it at an extrme discount price with all the Zelda games thinking it would be fun to play the Zelda games, but I just found them terrible) so I gave it to my sister.

I am thinking of buying a Wii. I will probably by a PS3 towards the end of its life cycle, once all its good games are out (should I be pluralising that, I wonder?) and once it's very cheap. Just like I did with the PS2.

I haven't experienced the Wii much yet, but in my experience, console gaming peaked with the Playstation 1.

ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ElArab

mfsaa call some friends over and play super smash brothers melee lol, best party game ever! Almost as good as guitar hero, and yes, even when everyones drunk!

Although, the Wii is the best 'party system' out now, and it's getting "SSB Brawl" soon.

also, PS3 has frikin' got rid of almost all it's exclusives, and now it's got crap to brag about, I mean, I never thought I'd see Microsoft get their hands on Armored Core, Ace Combat, and Devil May Cry, and now guess what, Metal Gear has a chance of coming onto 360 BEFORE PS3....no way in hell Sony would do that, but in Japan...it could happen. So I doubt you need to pluralize that. Oh, I also think 360 users will get their hands on the new Twisted Metal....get PS3 when it's discontinued, cuz I think sony killed their brand. Also, you'll get a cheap blu-ray player when that happens.

Anyway, you're practically right, console gaming is dieing faster then PC gaming is, the Wii is what's saving it, cuz when you're as old as I am (lol, yes...18 years old, and I'm saying that!) and you're still playing Super Mario RPG on the SNES, because it's better then most games on the PS3, you know something is wrong, no, I'm not saying Super Mario RPG sucks, I'm just saying that, it really is better then the PS3's and 360's (main) selection.

sheeda_blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sheeda_blade
Member since 2007 • 152 Posts

I love the consoles for the titles and its diversity like with PC there are only three primary Genre FPS, RTS and RPG but if think about PS2 a console that I do own so it was littered with so many creative and interesting games DMC series, Sly cooper, MGS etc that its a treat to acutually play something different once in a while.

On the PC I play FPS and RTS cause they are my primary focus and I love RTS a lot.

Luieburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 Luieburger
Member since 2003 • 68 Posts

redboxa

Welcome to the club :D

There are a few console games that are actually really good. The ones worth paying for are the ones that offer experiences you can't find anywhere else (thats why PC's have emulators and Keyboard Hero for free).

Are consoles fun? Of course. For some of us they just don't quite hit the spot when it comes to getting that solid gaming experience.

So yea, consoles are cool. I just prefer to not pay for them. I play them when I visit my friends instead. It certainly makes paying for my PC easier ;)

ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ElArab

I love the consoles for the titles and its diversity like with PC there are only three primary Genre FPS, RTS and RPG but if think about PS2 a console that I do own so it was littered with so many creative and interesting games DMC series, Sly cooper, MGS etc that its a treat to acutually play something different once in a while.

On the PC I play FPS and RTS cause they are my primary focus and I love RTS a lot.

sheeda_blade

Well that's sort of true, but still very shrouded in Myth. There's tons of racing games, platformers, and things like that on the PC, especially with multi-platforming the way it is now, and hell, that's also why game controllers for PC sell so well, it's because you can get the certain kind, for a certain game, because the PC is riddled with a massive collection of game genres, it really is the ultimate game system, and can adapt to anyone's taste, and not just FPS, RPG, and RTS lovers.

ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
Well, the newest console I got is a PS1 and it hasn't been used in over a year, but I still play on consoles a lot when I'm over at friends. It's just PC when I'm at home though.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I have a Wii as secondary platform and I might be buying PS3 later on.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Yea I still play all consoles and console games, but PC is where most of my gaming is at.
artur79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 artur79
Member since 2005 • 4679 Posts

My gaming experience began in 90 with a Nintendo, so I guess consoles got me into gaming. Wolfenstein was the first PC-game I remember, but I'm sure I played some other stuff before that. Nowadays I have a PC (obviously) and a 360. Had an xbox before, but it's not working anymore. Planning on getting a Wii (some really interesting games out on that console) and a PS3 (when there are some great games out, the only things that interest me now is Drake's Fortune and maybe Resistance).

To the one that said "consoles are dying", give me a break. Read up on some numbers, then speak.

I like all platforms, maybe the PC-platform a bit more than the others, but still I respect people who play consoles and do not look down on the "console-only" crowd. This whole PC-elitist thing is idiotic and disrespectful. Trust me, anyone with half a brain could become a "tech savvy PC-gamer".

dazman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#26 dazman31
Member since 2005 • 2507 Posts
I have both a PS3 and a goodPC (quad core, 8800GTX, 4gb ram, 22" lcd screen). I'd say I would play them pretty equally, like I finished BioShock, then went to Assassin's Creed, and now just finished Crysis. In between I play either CS:S or FIFA 08. Both are bloody awesome and its good to have both because I can enjoy games that either only on PC (e.g. Crysis)or console (e.g. Unchartered).
Vic_Vega1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Vic_Vega1994
Member since 2003 • 1397 Posts
I play both equally
waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

i have a pretty good PC ... (2 years ago it was a very top class PC ... bought a 7900gt)

i'm still using it A LOT to play team fortress 2 and all kind of hl2 mods, still playing some warcraft 3 from times to times

and i have a ps3 + wii, playing all of them

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts
I do play console games sometimes, but PC gaming is my primary focus.smokeydabear076
RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RedDanDoc
Member since 2005 • 3720 Posts
Yes i'm a BI CONSOLE-UAL. :P Ultimately i'm a pc gamer but there are some console games that just need to be played if just once like ICO Shadow of the Collosus and the Metal Gear Solid series.
fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fireandcloud
Member since 2005 • 5118 Posts
i own a playstation. :) it's here, somewhere...
Fatality4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#32 Fatality4u
Member since 2003 • 3289 Posts
I play both, but right now I am playing more console due to CoD4 and the 360 control scheme feels tighter to me.
Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#33 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts
I have a PC and a 360. I like some 360 games like DoA, Virtua Fighter, PGR and such.
Whermacht02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Whermacht02
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts

I still have my old NES... does that count??? LOL

JK

That NES is the ONLY console I had (I got it a few years before I got my first PC). So I would say that Im a PC gamer only

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

I have a 360, PS3 and a really good PC and play the consoles more. I typically just fire up a PC game and see how good it looks and then shut it down again, or go "crap, Crysis isn't running the way I want it" and then give up.

I will admit that playing with a mouse and keyboard is much better, but it's not as good as oozing into a couch and playing a console game. Comfort over quality.

I also like the fact that I can't do anything about a console game in terms of settings, I just pop it in and play. With a PC game I am spending too much time configuring the damn thing and even then I know it can be better and that discourages me and makes me spend more money and even then I don't play it.

oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
I play both my PC and PS3. I spend a lot more time on my PC though lol
fivex84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 fivex84
Member since 2006 • 1216 Posts
Yeah I got a PS3, the only things I got for it this year were Uncharted and I downloaded GT5 Prolouge. PC is main gaming platform.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
i haave ps2 and xbox but i didn't used them a lot
Avatar image for Red_Knight_Alex
Red_Knight_Alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Red_Knight_Alex
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts

I play PC, PS2, PSP, DS, Gamecube, and Wii although the PC is where I spend most of my time. What really draws me to PC gaming is the way you can mod a game after you have bought it and played through the main story. Take for instance one of my favorite game genres, strategy (which is hard to find on a console, especially the good ones), and a game like Rome Total War, one of my all-time favorites. What makes it so good is the way I can download new skins for the units to make them more realistic, or add new ones, or scripts new events, etc. If this game were one the console I would never have gotten so much joy out of a simple game. I also like the feel of FPS and RPGs on a PC than on a console. The mouse is a lot smoother and faster than a thumb stick, in my opinion.

In the gaming world I do believe that PCs are underrated and not seen as a large market (unless you make MMOs). As long as they keep coming out with good strategy games, and decent ports, I'll be happy just having my PC.

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts

Primarily PC gamer and it's the first time I'm considering becoming a PC only gamer. Not just because my life is getting to busy, but also consoles just don't seem appealing anymore.

Once they were a source of cheap and quick entertainment, but now everything seems so expensive and are a lot more trouble to get into. I know it sounds stupid, but with my pc I can play games with the click of a button and with console games I usually have to hook it up to my TV etc etc.

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 smokeydabear076

[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"]I do play console games sometimes, but PC gaming is my primary focus.ElArab

Yeah, especially with multi-platforming being so big now, only other console I think of buying is the Wii, and I'm getting that this christmas.

Before the 'next gen' I was a PS2, Gameube, and PC gamer.

I love consoles, and I'm not Biased towards PC, but I don't neccessarily like it when PC games are like, dumbed down for console users, smokeydabear has a good blog about that issue, you should read it.

I've been a PC gamer for a long time, and I still think it's the best, and with the almost like, 12 years of PC gaming that I've been doing, I still see no reason to buy a console, the day I buy a console and dump PC gaming forever, is just as likely as me swallowing barbed wire, pulling the other end out my ass, and flossing myself to death, it just ain't gonna happen.

Yeah I probably should have gotten a Wii instead of a Xbox 360. At the time I didn't think that I would be able to purchase a new gaming PC so I got the 360 knowing that it would be the closest thing to PC gaming out of the consoles. I have or had a few of the older consoles though. PS1/PS2/N64/Xbox. I liked gaming on these systems because they provided something different then PC gaming. These days though the Xbox 360 feels like it is a wannabe PC and the PS3 feels the same way at times. I liked it when consoles were consoles and they didn't try to be PCs. At least the Wii is is still doing its own thing.
net_mugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#42 net_mugger
Member since 2006 • 68 Posts

Well...I own an xb and a ps2 and of course a pc...I also played on a ps3!:P Well I can't say I don't like consoles' but I'd rather play on the pc. From all the consoles in the world I'll choose ps3 of course cause it is well designed to play rpg's and I like playing rpg's!Anyway pc's are obviously better than consoles...only a kid would prefere playing consoles more than pc's especially that pc's will become in time the ultimate most powerfull gamer tool:D And on the pc's you can do much more things...u have more commands and stuff.

The truth is that now a console seems better than a pc cause u have a game like ff-x let's say that was created in the years 1999-2001 and has an astounishing graphic for that time! I mean wtf I was playing tiberian sun then...but the fact is that now u can play console games on computers...of course that is on a computer with a very expensive proc.

So to end this comment I say that if u give me to choose between the best computer that exists this day and all the consoles that were ever made to this day with all the games... I will defenetly take the computer!

Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

Almost exclusively a PC Gamer :)

I do have some older consoles, but none of the newer ones (360, PS3, Wii). I used to enjoy consoles alot more when I was younger, however, gaming on the PC is much better fit for me now.

The flexibility of the PC (for example, can use TV or monitor, kb+m or gamepad, LAN play in my house or at a LAN party, the chance to run old games that you have, even DOS games, etc) with the understanding that consoles have improved quite a bit in the flexibility as well, the opportunity to run your games on a machine that you've built, top-of-the-line graphics, and even the types of quality games (first person shooters for example) have really held my interest in gaming on the platform for some time now.

I do get the play the latest consoles at a friend's house though, and the level of appreciation and enjoyment of gaming on them just doesn't compare to the PC for me.

Also, premier titles that are kiddie/young themed games (such as Mario) have lost quite a bit of appeal these days. However, that's not to say there aren't some great console games I'd love to see on the PC -- Mass Effect and especially Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for example ;)

Regardless, I don't think I'd have enough free time to maintain my current level of interest in PC games as well as get moderately into console gaming anyway. I don't get to do nearly as much PC gaming as I'd like as it is! :D

Robnyc22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Robnyc22
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts

Of course I play Console games, but a majority of my favorite titles have been PC games...therefore PC is my preferred platform.

But just because I prefer PC gaming....doesn't mean I would deprive myself of great console titles.

I could never understand the warped fanboy thinking of either Console-only gamers or PC-only gamers that they have such an extreme allegiance to one platform that they would hinder their own gaming experience by depriving themselves of great games of other platforms.

Just as Console-only gamers miss out on a ton of excellent PC Exclusives......If I didn't play Console games, just in the past few years I would have missed out on excellent titles only available on Console like Zelda: Twilight Princess, God of War I & II, Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy, Bully, etc.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I am a PC, console and handheld gamer. I do it all. Pretty equally as well. I jump back and forth from all three platforms quite often and even many times during the same day.
Avatar image for Love_Hina_Lover
Love_Hina_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Love_Hina_Lover
Member since 2002 • 4381 Posts
Yep, on my desk ight now is a ps3, 360, wii, pc n64, dreamcast, ds, and psp :)
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
I have a lot of love for both console and pc games. Though I've spend a lot more time with PC games, because I haven't upgraded to next gen consoles yet.
siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 siafni
Member since 2005 • 629 Posts
I've got a DS... I think it's the perfect complement to PC gaming (for crazy Japan oriented games)
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#49 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts
The vast majority of the time I play PC. I own an Xbox, Wii, PS2, and X360, but 49/50 I play PC games and leave the consoles for when I have visitors.
Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#50 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

I just play games... I have a PC for games like The Witcher, Neverwinter Nights 2, Vampire the Masquerade, Freedom Force, Deus Ex, The Elder Scrolls.

The majority of my favorite RPG's are on PC plus I love games like Sim City 4, Undying, AVP 2... games you can't get anywhere else

for 360 I'm enjoying Mass Effect, had a great time with Saint's Row, played Gears of War to death before it even reached PC...

for Wii there's games you will never find on any other system like Metroid Prime, Super Paper Mario, Zelda and Mario Galaxy... plus light gun games are viable options now without paying $30 for addons you'll hardly ever use.

and once a new Twisted Metal comes out, I'll put down money for a PS3.

a gamer does him/herself a great disservice sticking to just one system. Even with all these systems i still find myself missing great titles i want to play