I'm looking for a specific game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gadrincarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 gadrincarrot
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hello, as you know, with the summer and bad weather, there is nothing better to do, than to simply lay back and enjoy a good game. Yes, it seems like a perfect reality, except there are some problems. For example, one being that there are no good games you can think of that you will enjoy. This is where my request comes in. Would any of you be able to identify, or think of a game, that is the closest to my requirements?

This is what i'm looking for:

A modern, open world game, focused on meele fighting, preferably sword fighting(this is an important one), with a number of abilities, or maybe even (OPTIONAL)ranged weapons. I would greatly appriciate it, if the play style was similar to the beat 'em up kind of games, with action combat. I am not looking for realistic games such as GTA, or mafia, or ridiculous, silly games such as Saint's Row. (Basically a superhero/supervillan beat 'em up sword fighting open world game) I hope I am not asking for too much.

Any suggestions will be greatly appriciated.

Thank you.

xxninja666xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By xxninja666xx
Member since 2011 • 737 Posts

Dark Souls comes to mind. It meets all of your criteria. Well... maybe except the beat 'em up style of gameplay, as it focuses more on pacing and timing of attacks and dodges rather than beating the shit out of enemies.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Hello.

Actually Darksiders fits extremely well in your description.

Loading Video...

have fun :)

gadrincarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gadrincarrot
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Coseniath said:

Hello.

Actually Darksiders fits extremely well in your description.

Loading Video...

have fun :)

Yes, thank you a lot for this suggestion, it is pretty much what I am looking for ^^

olimcnoly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 olimcnoly
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts

I could try the Prototpye series... Its a sandbox game, and u can do mele and ranged.. a easy to play with a nice game plot

Loading Video...

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts
@gadrincarrot said:

Yes, thank you a lot for this suggestion, it is pretty much what I am looking for ^^

You welcome. It was the first game that I thought but it took me 3 hours to remember the title. (my mind was at world cup final I guess).

Have fun!

olimcnoly: Prototype is an other one that I thought but it fails a bit in the sword fighting type which is an important one.

ps: There is Darksiders II also when you will finish the 1st you can continue with the 2nd :D.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@gadrincarrot said:

Hello, as you know, with the summer and bad weather, there is nothing better to do, than to simply lay back and enjoy a good game. Yes, it seems like a perfect reality, except there are some problems. For example, one being that there are no good games you can think of that you will enjoy. This is where my request comes in. Would any of you be able to identify, or think of a game, that is the closest to my requirements?

This is what i'm looking for:

A modern, open world game, focused on meele fighting, preferably sword fighting(this is an important one), with a number of abilities, or maybe even (OPTIONAL)ranged weapons. I would greatly appriciate it, if the play style was similar to the beat 'em up kind of games, with action combat. I am not looking for realistic games such as GTA, or mafia, or ridiculous, silly games such as Saint's Row. (Basically a superhero/supervillan beat 'em up sword fighting open world game) I hope I am not asking for too much.

Any suggestions will be greatly appriciated.

Thank you.

kingdoms of amulur

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts
Loading Video...

Evan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Evan21
Member since 2006 • 86 Posts

@evildead6789: I second this suggestion based on your requirements. Also I know it's not "beat em up" but for everything else you mentioned Skyrim is so top notch.

OutOfPoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 OutOfPoint
Member since 2010 • 155 Posts
Loading Video...

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death