If companies want less pirated PC games...

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

[QUOTE="Michael-Smith"]The only way to stop piracy is to include secure server and account based functionality in all games. How many MMO's do you see pirated? (hacked, sure, but not pirated).KalDurenik

durrr... wrong... Unless you "connect" to the server that contain the game... wait omg sims 3 tried that and got their ass handed to them on a epic scale... And tbh if they make it like mmo's but the mmo is a singleplayer... IT WONT MATHER! because then they can still make their own "server" and host the game the same way they host private mmo's. (except it will require less because its a single player)... No they need to stop Q.Q and blaming low sales on pirates because i would not be shocked if they sold even less if it wasent for pirates. Also someone said (not sure in what topic) that pirates are stupid if they pirate a "bad" game... Well duh who is the stupid one? The one trying out a "bad" game for "free" or the one buying the **** game? We now days want high quality with lots of content. Yet the devs seem to have their head stuck up in their ass and go "shinnnyyyyyyy issssss goooooodddddd" and then someone ask them... but what about content?... And they go like "but they will have great shiny graphics.... and because we dont have money to make more gameplay they will have to live with the 5-10hours..." Oh well... I dont have anything against pirates that download it to see how the game is, if they will like it or something. However i hate people that download them and sell them...

Good games get pirated too. I guess Crysis wasnt good since they complained about piracy. World of Goo wasent good because they pointed out the issue (In spite of it being hailed as a brilliant game developed by independant developers, sold at a low price.. even to the point of letting costumers name their own price), Bioware, long time PC RPG developer are suffering from piracy.

You're talking about how PC gamers want lots of content and awesome quality, but you're completly overlooking the fact that the popular games generaly gets pirated more. Yes Spore and MW2 got pirated a lot.. but so did The Witcher, So Did Mass Effect, So did Crysis, So did World of Goo. Blaming piracy on the devs is like blaming rape victims for the crime.It's the same 'but they asked for it' mentality. It shows that consumers nowadays tend to just assume that it's their god given right to get more stuff for less with no expectations or responsibiity required on their own part. The whole 'just trying it out' is such a weak excuse. If there's a demo, try that. If there's no demo.. don't buy the game if you're not willing to pay for it without trying it first.

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

"You're talking about how PC gamers want lots of content and awesome quality, but you're completly overlooking the fact that the popular games generaly gets pirated more. Yes Spore and MW2 got pirated a lot.. but so did The Witcher, So Did Mass Effect, So did Crysis, So did World of Goo. Blaming piracy on the devs is like blaming rape victims for the crime.It's the same 'but they asked for it' mentality. It shows that consumers nowadays tend to just assume that it's their god given right to get more stuff for less with no expectations or responsibiity required on their own part. The whole 'just trying it out' is such a weak excuse. If there's a demo, try that. If there's no demo.. don't buy the game if you're not willing to pay for it without trying it first."

-

That is so well said - all I have to add, is that I agree with you.

Adam_the_Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 Adam_the_Nerd
Member since 2006 • 4403 Posts
People have been pirating since Gucci bags. What makes you think they'll stop? Ahh well, what can you do?
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

[QUOTE="KalDurenik"]

[QUOTE="Michael-Smith"]The only way to stop piracy is to include secure server and account based functionality in all games. How many MMO's do you see pirated? (hacked, sure, but not pirated).Mazoch

durrr... wrong... Unless you "connect" to the server that contain the game... wait omg sims 3 tried that and got their ass handed to them on a epic scale... And tbh if they make it like mmo's but the mmo is a singleplayer... IT WONT MATHER! because then they can still make their own "server" and host the game the same way they host private mmo's. (except it will require less because its a single player)... No they need to stop Q.Q and blaming low sales on pirates because i would not be shocked if they sold even less if it wasent for pirates. Also someone said (not sure in what topic) that pirates are stupid if they pirate a "bad" game... Well duh who is the stupid one? The one trying out a "bad" game for "free" or the one buying the **** game? We now days want high quality with lots of content. Yet the devs seem to have their head stuck up in their ass and go "shinnnyyyyyyy issssss goooooodddddd" and then someone ask them... but what about content?... And they go like "but they will have great shiny graphics.... and because we dont have money to make more gameplay they will have to live with the 5-10hours..." Oh well... I dont have anything against pirates that download it to see how the game is, if they will like it or something. However i hate people that download them and sell them...

Good games get pirated too. I guess Crysis wasnt good since they complained about piracy. World of Goo wasent good because they pointed out the issue (In spite of it being hailed as a brilliant game developed by independant developers, sold at a low price.. even to the point of letting costumers name their own price), Bioware, long time PC RPG developer are suffering from piracy.

You're talking about how PC gamers want lots of content and awesome quality, but you're completly overlooking the fact that the popular games generaly gets pirated more. Yes Spore and MW2 got pirated a lot.. but so did The Witcher, So Did Mass Effect, So did Crysis, So did World of Goo. Blaming piracy on the devs is like blaming rape victims for the crime.It's the same 'but they asked for it' mentality. It shows that consumers nowadays tend to just assume that it's their god given right to get more stuff for less with no expectations or responsibiity required on their own part. The whole 'just trying it out' is such a weak excuse. If there's a demo, try that. If there's no demo.. don't buy the game if you're not willing to pay for it without trying it first.

Tbh i could sit here and talk to you all day... But in the end it wont change a thing. You have one opinion on this and i have another... Thats life!
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Yeah I am sure once they make them free everyone will go out and get them legally.
Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

All PC games cost about 20 USD in my country and they sell a LOT more than their console counterparts(which cost $50 btw)

Yeah,there are less console owners in my country but even if you look at the sales by ratio,PC sales obliterate console ones.GTA 4 for PC was sold for TEN DOLLARS when it was released in my country.It's console counterpart was sold for $50.(obviously)the pc ver. sold a lot more.