I wish SWTOR was fun :(

• 197 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#51 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Kozzy pretty much summarizes my opinion on the game and why I am enjoying it. I really wish they would have incorporated Day/Night Cycle....cause some locations (for example Tattooine Desert), would be pretty scary at night. (specially with the Sand People)kozzy1234

Night and day Cycle would be very cool.

Later on to I also wouldnt mind if we could get houses like in Ultima Online or your own buildings/cities like Age of Conan.

Yeah what is up with the absence of day and night cycle? Did they say anything about putting it in the game at all?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Kozzy pretty much summarizes my opinion on the game and why I am enjoying it. I really wish they would have incorporated Day/Night Cycle....cause some locations (for example Tattooine Desert), would be pretty scary at night. (specially with the Sand People)Elann2008

Later on to I also wouldnt mind if we could get houses like in Ultima Online or your own buildings/cities like Age of Conan.

Yeah what is up with the absence of day and night cycle? Did they say anything about putting it in the game at all?

Hopefully in the future. Someone should ask the devs on their forums about it.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

FelipeInside

they've said during press releases when the game was being made that they wanted specific moods in each area, like the sunset on Coruscant and the warm sun of korriban

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Elann2008

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] Yeah what is up with the absence of day and night cycle? Did they say anything about putting it in the game at all?wis3boi

they've said during press releases when the game was being made that they wanted specific moods in each area, like the sunset on Coruscant and the warm sun of korriban

So this is in the same vein as Dead Island developer. They wanted a specific mood for each setting. Hmm.. Can't say I've been bothered by it much but it's just weird that it's not in an MMOG.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Hopefully in the future. Someone should ask the devs on their forums about it.Elann2008

So this is in the same vein as Dead Island developer. They wanted a specific mood for each setting. Hmm.. Can't say I've been bothered by it much but it's just weird that it's not in an MMOG.

considering how horribly made the engine is, or at least what bioware has in their hands, Im not sure i wanna see cycles or weather patterns just yet. We have machines capable of 60fps on crysis brought to their knees in swtor
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"] they've said during press releases when the game was being made that they wanted specific moods in each area, like the sunset on Coruscant and the warm sun of korriban

wis3boi

considering how horribly made the engine is, or at least what bioware has in their hands, Im not sure i wanna see cycles or weather patterns just yet. We have machines capable of 60fps on crysis brought to their knees in swtor

Yeah, totally forgot about weather patterns and effects. I miss the rain. :(
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 FelipeInside
I think there are weather patterns, just not the cycle. I understand the mood thing, but u could still have that even with cycles. Like I said, places like Tattooine at night would be awesome.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 wis3boi
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I think there are weather patterns, just not the cycle. I understand the mood thing, but u could still have that even with cycles. Like I said, places like Tattooine at night would be awesome.

only place ive seen weather so far is Dromund Kaas, with the eternal tropical downpour
Technomancer82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Technomancer82
Member since 2011 • 215 Posts

I agree with much of the OP's criticisms, but I'm still finding the game to be pretty enjoyable.

I think the complaint about planets feeling confined and not seeing any other players is something that I also felt really strongly about initially, but it does seem to get better as you go up through the levels, though most planets still feel a little cramped IMO.

For sure SWTOR is still a MMO and I wish that BioWare had put more effort into making some more interesting quests.

There was one quest that teamed me up with a Sith apprentice and had us taking on a Republic force and fighting a Jedi master. That was really cool and felt different from what I had been doing, but that was *one* quest from level 1-45.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 FelipeInside

I agree with much of the OP's criticisms, but I'm still finding the game to be pretty enjoyable.

I think the complaint about planets feeling confined and not seeing any other players is something that I also felt really strongly about initially, but it does seem to get better as you go up through the levels, though most planets still feel a little cramped IMO.

For sure SWTOR is still a MMO and I wish that BioWare had put more effort into making some more interesting quests.

There was one quest that teamed me up with a Sith apprentice and had us taking on a Republic force and fighting a Jedi master. That was really cool and felt different from what I had been doing, but that was *one* quest from level 1-45.

Technomancer82

That's weird... I'm only level 30 and have had 3 of those type of quests. The ones against Jedi masters or apprentices.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 wis3boi

[QUOTE="Technomancer82"]

FelipeInside

That's weird... I'm only level 30 and have had 3 of those type of quests. The ones against Jedi masters or apprentices.

i think i lost track of the force users I've mopped the floor with :P
Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"] they've said during press releases when the game was being made that they wanted specific moods in each area, like the sunset on Coruscant and the warm sun of korriban

wis3boi

I only lag when I'm on the imperial fleet. Otherwise I'm at least 100 fps. Is this happening to people everywhere or just on the main fleet?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 FelipeInside
Mostly Fleet (same on both empire and republic) and one big warzone. Also on a PvP map I played, but BioWare know about this and they are fixing.
Avatar image for gearsofhalogeek
gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 gearsofhalogeek
Member since 2007 • 1020 Posts
figured everyone knew this was a WoW clone with better stories that make the players feel like they are actually part of the main story instead of someone watching the heroes story unfold like an NPC like in wow. 1. the game had the smoothest MMO launch to date. 2. the graphics (although subjective) are better than wows in my opinion. 3. once brackets are implemented in pvp, this game will beat wow by lightyears. huttball by itself is 100X funner than anything wow ever thought of. and it is brilliant that only a simple change like being able to pass the "flag" actually made something boring into something fun. 4. those complaining about end game content raced to the end so they could say "first" missed the game entirely. 5. those complaining this game is an MMO, well, yeah. thats exactly what was advertised. with the same RNG that is in every MMO. 6. there is no blood death knights (god mode in wow pvp) and there are no hunters (been broken since season1 in wow pvp) 7. those wanting this to be skyrim MMO (which is a completely different type of game) go play borderlands. i played wow from burning crusades release all the way up to TORs release, and have multiple 85s. cata burnt me, they broke the pvp so bad that even with the state TORs pvp is in without brackets, is better than wows.
xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts

Long time Galaxies player and the wife and I are slowly going through as Bounty Hunters on The Old Republic. I can only take about an hour or 2 of this game at a time or I'll start to get bored with listening to people talk about nonsense and then going to pick something up. I don't know this is probably my first theme park MMO where I actually went out and wanted to play. This is what I have noticed so far.

1. Most people on the server we are on play by themselves.

2. No sense of community

3. So far the early instances can be done with your NPC buddy negating the idea of grouping

4. Gear seems to be pretty much the same

5. Vendor equipment seems about worthless compared to what has been dropping so far

I'm hoping their crafting system promotes a player driven economy but it seems doubtful since you can obtain a ton of cash and there really isn't anything to spend it on until later in the game and even then it seems like just a credit sink to keep the economy from imploding.

BTW...Galaxies had weather and time cycles and it worked out just fine so I'm calling bull on Bioware's reason and will probably see it later as some big new "idea" they just though of.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 wis3boi

Long time Galaxies player and the wife and I are slowly going through as Bounty Hunters on The Old Republic. I can only take about an hour or 2 of this game at a time or I'll start to get bored with listening to people talk about nonsense and then going to pick something up. I don't know this is probably my first theme park MMO where I actually went out and wanted to play. This is what I have noticed so far.

1. Most people on the server we are on play by themselves.

2. No sense of community

3. So far the early instances can be done with your NPC buddy negating the idea of grouping

4. Gear seems to be pretty much the same

5. Vendor equipment seems about worthless compared to what has been dropping so far

I'm hoping their crafting system promotes a player driven economy but it seems doubtful since you can obtain a ton of cash and there really isn't anything to spend it on until later in the game and even then it seems like just a credit sink to keep the economy from imploding.

BTW...Galaxies had weather and time cycles and it worked out just fine so I'm calling bull on Bioware's reason and will probably see it later as some big new "idea" they just though of.

xXDrPainXx
sounds like you havent gotten very far in the game. 1. Early levels yes people will play alone. Join a guild and that can change 2. Depends on the server 3. Good luck using a companion as a replacement for a player past, say, level 20 4. the same? how? In looks? Take a look at the level 40+ pvp and champion gear... 5. Use comendations to buy orange-named gear and mod it to whatever stats you want. Put crafting to work and mod your gear and it puts most drops to shame
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

It's fun, but I knew the novelty will wear off on me as the end game is too similar to WoW's from the looks of things. This is the main reason I did not purchase it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 FelipeInside

1. Most people on the server we are on play by themselves. This seems to happen with most MMOs these days, but you still get the good old player that wants to help out.

2. No sense of community. I mostly play with friends and am in a Guild, this makes the community thing better.

3. So far the early instances can be done with your NPC buddy negating the idea of grouping Early instances yes, not the later. This is surely done on purpose so you can get practice by yourself.

4. Gear seems to be pretty much the same Don't know about higher levels, but my gear has changed dramatically from 1-30.

5. Vendor equipment seems about worthless compared to what has been dropping so far I agree but I'm just level 30.

xXDrPainXx

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 FelipeInside

It's fun, but I knew the novelty will wear off on me as the end game is too similar to WoW's from the looks of things. This is the main reason I did not purchase it.

GD1551
How do u know it's fun and the endgame is the same as WoW if u did not purchase it? (Beta?)
tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

[QUOTE="tjricardo089"]

I never played it, but it doesn't looks bad. Thats why I never pre-order, I don't want to regret myself on a purchase.

Krelian-co

i never preorder to bioware after the cheap move they did with dragon age 2. Never again, bioware.

this. bioware lost me with that dragon 2 trick. will not pre order mass effect 3

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#71 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I love how everyone is saying the game is a failure but the servers are all packed.
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

Good luck using a companion as a replacement for a player past, say, level 20 wis3boi

Funny, my "main" character is currently level 28 and I haven't grouped with a single person. I guess I am just that good. :D

Nah, this game is just VERY easy.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="wis3boi"] Good luck using a companion as a replacement for a player past, say, level 20 -wildflower-

Funny, my "main" character is currently level 28 and I haven't grouped with a single person. I guess I am just that good. :D

You can solo most of the content yourself, but some quests (including main storyline), you need a group or at least another player. I had to take down this Gang Lord and there was just no way to defeat him by myself.
SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#74 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

I played for about 2 months in the beta and didn't end up purchasing. Despite the deja-vu I WAS willing to give it a try, but a couple things turned me off too badly:

1) The c1ass stories are really hit and miss. I was intent on playing a Sage healer, but their storyline is ridiculously boring, and their companions are terrible. I played to level 25 and couldn't take it anymore. I love to play healers, but I was either going to have to play a Smuggler, which has a similarly boring story and is a pain to play with cover mechanics, or a Trooper, which has a great story, but is sub-par for healing. My only other option was to play Inq, which has a great storyline, but I didn't want to play Sith (I don't enjoy playing evil).

2) The instancing! I rarely saw people outside of the cities, I can understand instancing some of the quests, but multiple world instance is a real immersion killer for me. Nothing like trying to group with someone who says they are at the right spot, but in a different farking world instance. This combined with the NPC's that just stand around makes the world feel dead.

3) And maybe the worst offense, lack of character customization. Three body types and a handful of faces with no sliders for features? What is this 2003? I mean at least RIFT had tons of customization and control over character generation. How am I going to become invested in the story, when my character looks like all the other characters with different hair and makeup/tattoos? Don't even get me started on the lack of interesting race choices, it's Star Wars FFS.

I wanted to like the game, but they just cut corners in all the wrong areas IMO. To me at least it feels like they spent so much time on the voice work, but didn't write good stories for half the classes or give us decent character design options. It also felt to me like the Sith were heavily favored in terms of development, which I knew was going to exacerbate the already skewed faction balance. Those are just my thoughts... didn't intend for the post to be this long, but I was really pulling for this game, now I have to wait for GW2 or WildStar.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#75 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Spent £130 on the CE expecting something great and didn't play the beta because it makes it boring when playing the final game as you'ved played through it all. The sad fact is that the game just isn't very fun, it's well made and polished but the game bores me to tears. I was expecting something great from Bioware but when the quests all feel like they came from WoW I just feel like I've played this game 7 or so years ago and I'm bored of it by now. They kept going on about this "story" and how it wouldn't feel like "kill 10 rats" and yet that is all it is. For the first three planets all I've been doing is standard kill,fetch or delivery quests and I've gotten to the point where I struggle to log in because I'm so bored.

It doesn't help that I feel like I'm playing alone the whole time because everything is so instanced that you hardly see anyone around. You have these giant open spaces with nothing in them as players are all in the quest instances and there is little point to the planet. The weird thing is as well is the NPCs don't seem to walk around or do patrols like you get in other MMOs, they all just tend to stay in one place and it all feels reather static. They built this whole phase system and yet the world doesn't change to your actions, so there is no conscience to anything other that light side or dark side points which gives you gear. Only I'm finding myself picking options and getting both sides points and there isn't any gear for Neutral people.

I haven't seen a single enemy in the world since playing, I joined a PVP server to do some open world PVP. If I wanted to do boring battlegrounds I would have rolled a PVE server, but it is world PVP that gets me excited in an MMO. I found the way the worlds are designed is disappointing because it seems like the only world pvp areas are in quest objective areas which are so small they feel like battlegrounds without any enemies, I don't see any lol. I heard two different stories of it all changes when you get to Tatooine but I've also heard you get exhausted within 60m of the main base there and you have to get taxis to travel to different locations. So basically it gives you the illusion that it is open, yet it's just as enclosed as everyother zone but has tham BF like kills you if you leave the area.I doubt I'm going to get to see that for myself and I really see no point of having Capital cities with no one in them because everyone is in the stations. Just get rid of the stations and move people into the world instead!

I've unsubscribed already, I'm just so bored and the only thing keeping me playing and having fun were my firends but they've all uninstalled the game now so I'm alone. Just feel so let down by Bioware this year, first Dragon Age 2 and then this....

Tixylixx
Look, this is a blog you wrote - it isn't a thread.;)
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 wis3boi
I love how everyone is saying the game is a failure but the servers are all packed.Allicrombie
bu-bu-bu......a guy on a forum complained!!! It must be teh flop! :O
Avatar image for gearsofhalogeek
gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 gearsofhalogeek
Member since 2007 • 1020 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"] Good luck using a companion as a replacement for a player past, say, level 20 -wildflower-

until lvl 30. then it gets harder and you actually have to think about your pulls if you are soloing.
robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#78 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts
it's the enforcement of tank/healer/dps in confined spaces with fetch quests that's getting old. We've all done it a million times before and I can't really handle any more, I played DCUO and the ability to just fly in an mmo was insanely fun. SWTOR implements nothing new and sticks so closely to the archetype created by everquest that I will not play SWTOR.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23992 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I love how everyone is saying the game is a failure but the servers are all packed.wis3boi

I dont know about the others, but I suppose the game will have a dramatic cut of subscribers after 3 months based on the following.

1. Lack of endgame
  2. Poor gameplay
  3. WoW, which is far superior to SWTOR in most aspects
  4. The whole concept of a story driven mmo (stories wont keep people in mmos for long)
  5. Full Voice Overs, which will make adding new content much more expensive/difficult

And then there is the fact that there are some upcoming mmos that just look so much more promising than SWTOR. Guild Wars 2, ArcheAge, Firefall all look a lot more fun to play and actually does something for the genre unlike SWTOR. People complaining in large numbers only strengthens our point.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 FelipeInside

Just wanted to respond to this post comparing Beta to final product.

I played for about 2 months in the beta and didn't end up purchasing. Despite the deja-vu I WAS willing to give it a try, but a couple things turned me off too badly:

1) The c1ass stories are really hit and miss. I was intent on playing a Sage healer, but their storyline is ridiculously boring, and their companions are terrible. I played to level 25 and couldn't take it anymore. I love to play healers, but I was either going to have to play a Smuggler, which has a similarly boring story and is a pain to play with cover mechanics, or a Trooper, which has a great story, but is sub-par for healing. My only other option was to play Inq, which has a great storyline, but I didn't want to play Sith (I don't enjoy playing evil). I guess story depends on each player. I'm playing Sith Inq. and the story is great, my GF is playing Jedi Sage and the story is good too which I find myself watching her just to see what happens next.

2) The instancing! I rarely saw people outside of the cities, I can understand instancing some of the quests, but multiple world instance is a real immersion killer for me. Nothing like trying to group with someone who says they are at the right spot, but in a different farking world instance. This combined with the NPC's that just stand around makes the world feel dead. That's probably cause it was Beta. I nearly never have an issue finding a grp for an instance, and if ur on a different instance, it tells you and you can automatically switch in seconds.

3) And maybe the worst offense, lack of character customization. Three body types and a handful of faces with no sliders for features? What is this 2003? I mean at least RIFT had tons of customization and control over character generation. How am I going to become invested in the story, when my character looks like all the other characters with different hair and makeup/tattoos? Don't even get me started on the lack of interesting race choices, it's Star Wars FFS. I agree they could have gone better with this, but with the gear I have on currently, I haven't come across a person that looks the same as me.

I wanted to like the game, but they just cut corners in all the wrong areas IMO. To me at least it feels like they spent so much time on the voice work, but didn't write good stories for half the ****s or give us decent character design options. It also felt to me like the Sith were heavily favored in terms of development, which I knew was going to exacerbate the already skewed faction balance. Those are just my thoughts... didn't intend for the post to be this long, but I was really pulling for this game, now I have to wait for GW2 or WildStar.

SerOlmy

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I love how everyone is saying the game is a failure but the servers are all packed.Maroxad

I dont know about the others, but I suppose the game will have a dramatic cut of subscribers after 3 months based on the following.

1. Lack of endgame: which WoW ALSO had at launch but look how it turned out.
  2. Poor gameplay: subjective. It's the normal MMO formula which lots of people like, and it plays a lot like KOTOR which many people praise.
  3. WoW, which is far superior to SWTOR in most aspects I've heard if they fix the performance issues in PvP, SWTOR PvP will be superior (I just heard, haven't played PvP yet)
  4. The whole concept of a story driven mmo (stories wont keep people in mmos for long) I tend to maybe disagree on this. A lot of people said it's a nice breath of fresh air to actually have story and more realistic characters (due to voice acting) instead of same old text boxes. (as well as cutscenes). How long it will keep people I can't say.
  5. Full Voice Overs, which will make adding new content much more expensive/difficult I don't think voice actors are that expensive. It had a huge budget cause they had to create the whole game/servers/voicing from scratch, but now that they have the base game working, it's just content.

And then there is the fact that there are some upcoming mmos that just look so much more promising than SWTOR. Guild Wars 2, ArcheAge, Firefall all look a lot more fun to play and actually does something for the genre unlike SWTOR. People complaining in large numbers only strengthens our point.

GW2: I will purchase day 1, see if it really is the revolution in MMO everyone says it is

ArcheAge: I've heard lots of people say it's crap

Firefall: can't be compared, it's a FPS Online.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

FelipeInside

How do u know it's fun and the endgame is the same as WoW if u did not purchase it? (Beta?)

Yes, the beta.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 GD1551

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"] bu-bu-bu......a guy on a forum complained!!! It must be teh flop! :OFelipeInside

2. Poor gameplay: subjective. It's the normal MMO formula which lots of people like, and it plays a lot like KOTOR which many people praise.
  3. WoW, which is far superior to SWTOR in most aspects I've heard if they fix the performance issues in PvP, SWTOR PvP will be superior (I just heard, haven't played PvP yet)
  4. The whole concept of a story driven mmo (stories wont keep people in mmos for long) I tend to maybe disagree on this. A lot of people said it's a nice breath of fresh air to actually have story and more realistic characters (due to voice acting) instead of same old text boxes. (as well as cutscenes). How long it will keep people I can't say.
  5. Full Voice Overs, which will make adding new content much more expensive/difficult I don't think voice actors are that expensive. It had a huge budget cause they had to create the whole game/servers/voicing from scratch, but now that they have the base game working, it's just content.

GW2: I will purchase day 1, see if it really is the revolution in MMO everyone says it is

A couple thing shere.

1. Wow did not lack in terms of end game at launch only the PVP was really unfinished.

2. I agree the gameplay was not poor, but it did nothing new either or at least try.

3. Judging from my experiences with both WoW definitely has the edge pvp wise.

4. I agree here, I only played WOTLK because I wanted to see how Arthas ends up.

5. I dunno how I feel about that last one. I don't mind VA and it worked well in SWTOR, so I have no issues with it on one hand but I felt too much effort has to be put into it so content releases will be alot slower. Who knows though?

kyle_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 kyle_360
Member since 2009 • 530 Posts

once you get to level 32 and at the end of chapter 1 the story gets very interesting

LDGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LDGaming
Member since 2012 • 26 Posts
There is nothing wrong with taking stuff from other mmo's and experimenting on new ones. The way I see it if something works, use it. BTW most of the stuff in WoW was taken from other previous mmos. In my opinion swtor is a great game and really has a good chance at succeeding. After playing wow for 7 years I quit, and replaced it with swtor and I am glad I did.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Maroxad

[QUOTE="wis3boi"] bu-bu-bu......a guy on a forum complained!!! It must be teh flop! :OFelipeInside

1. WoW had plenty of endgame at launch.Much more than SWTOR at least.
2. Unresponsive skills, complete lack of balance, broken trade skills are the biggest issues with SWTOR's gameplay at the moment. Fix those 3 and I might say the gameplay isnt crap anymore
3. There are 5 issues with SWTOR's PvP: Huttball (terrible level design), Lack World PvP (due to the lack of reward from it as well as rep and imps quest in different places), Resolve which sometimes doesnt work, you cant choose what Warzone to play and no brackets atm which means level 10s will face level 50s.
4. That is the issue with story, you get a better initial experience, but it wont keep you in the game for years to come.
5. Blizzard stated they wouldnt add voice because it wouldnt be sustainable and Blizzard knows game design much better than Bioware.

GW2: It wont be innovative. But it might set the new bar. Think of it as Half Life, Halo, Ocarina of Time, ect. None of those did anything innovative, but put elements that existed in the genre before, refined them to a new level and perfectly blended them becoming the new standard in the genre.
ArcheAge: I heard lots of people who played the beta say it's great. There is a reason it is one of the most hyped games on sites like mmorpg.com. Here is a review of the beta.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Quit this garbage and wait for the real king to arrive, GW2 is near!!!!!

ReaverKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ReaverKS
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
stay tuned for guild wars 2, It's going to blow all of this other repetitive crap out of the water...if you like pvp it's going to be leagues and bounds ahead of WoW and star wars.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 FelipeInside
stay tuned for guild wars 2, It's going to blow all of this other repetitive crap out of the water...if you like pvp it's going to be leagues and bounds ahead of WoW and star wars. ReaverKS
Hope so, but you know that line that says " It's going to blow all of this other repetitive crap out of the water... " I've heard it so many times before that I don't get hyped anymore. Warhammer, AION, Age of Conan, Rift..... It's going to blow all of this other repetitive crap out of the water... blah blah blah. I'm sure GW2 will be great (cause GW1 was awesome), and it's a day one purchase for me.... but it will still have fetch quests and stuff we have seen before. I just want it to be fun as WoW and SWTOR are.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Maroxad

Looking at the server lists, I see no full servers and only one heavy. In fact, I saw quite a few servers with a light population.

Even looking at graphs, you notice the game's population is declining, on the FIRST month. SWTOR is dying man and you guys know it.

Edit: In case someone asks me where I found this. Look here

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 FelipeInside

Looking at the server lists, I see no full servers and only one heavy. In fact, I saw quite a few servers with a light population.

Even looking at graphs, you notice the game's population is declining, on the FIRST month. SWTOR is dying man and you guys know it.

Maroxad

If true then that's a shame cause I am enjoying myself.

What time did u check the servers though? and what region. For example I log in (from Australia) in the morning to US servers and they are all STANDARD cause everyone is sleeping.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Maroxad

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

FelipeInside

What time did u check the servers though? and what region. For example I log in (from Australia) in the morning to US servers and they are all STANDARD cause everyone is sleeping.

I checked the servers about an hour ago or so.

It is a shame, because SWTOR is a fully functional mmo and it has very high production values. But at the same time it might be good news as well. Why? Because a dwindling population can cause reformations and massive improvements over short times. Developers get desperate and in their struggle, they work extra hard.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Maroxad

It is a shame, because SWTOR is a fully functional mmo and it has very high production values. But at the same time it might be good news as well. Why? Because a dwindling population can cause reformations and massive improvements over short times. Developers get desperate and in their struggle, they work extra hard.

I kinda agree, but everybody thinks devs can just change/fix things instantly. These things take time, specially in an MMO where you have to test it before releasing. (there's a patch coming out in the next few days isn't there?) The time u checked the servers though, everyone is sleeping so obviously they are going to be STANDARD. Check them in about 6 hours and most of them are Heavy/Very Heavy and Full.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Maroxad

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

I kinda agree, but everybody thinks devs can just change/fix things instantly. These things take time, specially in an MMO where you have to test it before releasing. (there's a patch coming out in the next few days isn't there?) The time u checked the servers though, everyone is sleeping so obviously they are going to be STANDARD. Check them in about 6 hours and most of them are Heavy/Very Heavy and Full.

11 PMish, in europe, but even the american servers were medium populated. But I will check again tommorow at an earlier time. 6 PM perhaps, and see if they are still medium populated.

Either way, my concern has little to do with the server populations and more to do with the graph on the site I linked. The server populations show a decline. Which certainly isnt a good sign for the first month.

xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts
Someone mentioned customization and I mean they should have waaaay more options hell Galaxies an 8 year old now dead MMO had so many options of creating a character and even allowing people to color their gear which most games if you are even able to do that its a select color palette. I remember a guy having a full blown pink/purple Mandolorian suit which was very difficult at the time to obtain and it was hilarious seeing him in PvP.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#96 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Someone mentioned customization and I mean they should have waaaay more options hell Galaxies an 8 year old now dead MMO had so many options of creating a character and even allowing people to color their gear which most games if you are even able to do that its a select color palette. I remember a guy having a full blown pink/purple Mandolorian suit which was very difficult at the time to obtain and it was hilarious seeing him in PvP. xXDrPainXx

This is one of my personal issues, wish we had more customization options.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

Maroxad

its not dying lol. But I bet you wish it was.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="xXDrPainXx"]Someone mentioned customization and I mean they should have waaaay more options hell Galaxies an 8 year old now dead MMO had so many options of creating a character and even allowing people to color their gear which most games if you are even able to do that its a select color palette. I remember a guy having a full blown pink/purple Mandolorian suit which was very difficult at the time to obtain and it was hilarious seeing him in PvP. kozzy1234

This is one of my personal issues, wish we had more customization options.

I'm sure they will add more customization in the near future (specially after reading complaints about it). WoW had to do the same thing. On-Game: I'm not really digging the COPY+PASTE on most areas, but I guess this is an MMO and every MMO has it. I notice it less than other MMOs though...
Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buyer's_remorse

Can you guys spot it?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts