I wish SWTOR was fun :(

• 197 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tixylixx
Member since 2011 • 312 Posts

Spent £130 on the CE expecting something great and didn't play the beta because it makes it boring when playing the final game as you'ved played through it all. The sad fact is that the game just isn't very fun, it's well made and polished but the game bores me to tears. I was expecting something great from Bioware but when the quests all feel like they came from WoW I just feel like I've played this game 7 or so years ago and I'm bored of it by now. They kept going on about this "story" and how it wouldn't feel like "kill 10 rats" and yet that is all it is. For the first three planets all I've been doing is standard kill,fetch or delivery quests and I've gotten to the point where I struggle to log in because I'm so bored.

It doesn't help that I feel like I'm playing alone the whole time because everything is so instanced that you hardly see anyone around. You have these giant open spaces with nothing in them as players are all in the quest instances and there is little point to the planet. The weird thing is as well is the NPCs don't seem to walk around or do patrols like you get in other MMOs, they all just tend to stay in one place and it all feels reather static. They built this whole phase system and yet the world doesn't change to your actions, so there is no conscience to anything other that light side or dark side points which gives you gear. Only I'm finding myself picking options and getting both sides points and there isn't any gear for Neutral people.

I haven't seen a single enemy in the world since playing, I joined a PVP server to do some open world PVP. If I wanted to do boring battlegrounds I would have rolled a PVE server, but it is world PVP that gets me excited in an MMO. I found the way the worlds are designed is disappointing because it seems like the only world pvp areas are in quest objective areas which are so small they feel like battlegrounds without any enemies, I don't see any lol. I heard two different stories of it all changes when you get to Tatooine but I've also heard you get exhausted within 60m of the main base there and you have to get taxis to travel to different locations. So basically it gives you the illusion that it is open, yet it's just as enclosed as everyother zone but has tham BF like kills you if you leave the area.I doubt I'm going to get to see that for myself and I really see no point of having Capital cities with no one in them because everyone is in the stations. Just get rid of the stations and move people into the world instead!

I've unsubscribed already, I'm just so bored and the only thing keeping me playing and having fun were my firends but they've all uninstalled the game now so I'm alone. Just feel so let down by Bioware this year, first Dragon Age 2 and then this....

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

Spent £130 on the CE expecting something great and didn't play the beta because it makes it boring when playing the final game as you'ved played through it all. The sad fact is that the game just isn't very fun, it's well made and polished but the game bores me to tears. I was expecting something great from Bioware but when the quests all feel like they came from WoW I just feel like I've played this game 7 or so years ago and I'm bored of it by now. They kept going on about this "story" and how it wouldn't feel like "kill 10 rats" and yet that is all it is. For the first three planets all I've been doing is standard kill,fetch or delivery quests and I've gotten to the point where I struggle to log in because I'm so bored.

It doesn't help that I feel like I'm playing alone the whole time because everything is so instanced that you hardly see anyone around. You have these giant open spaces with nothing in them as players are all in the quest instances and there is little point to the planet. The weird thing is as well is the NPCs don't seem to walk around or do patrols like you get in other MMOs, they all just tend to stay in one place and it all feels reather static. They built this whole phase system and yet the world doesn't change to your actions, so there is no conscience to anything other that light side or dark side points which gives you gear. Only I'm finding myself picking options and getting both sides points and there isn't any gear for Neutral people.

I haven't seen a single enemy in the world since playing, I joined a PVP server to do some open world PVP. If I wanted to do boring battlegrounds I would have rolled a PVE server, but it is world PVP that gets me excited in an MMO. I found the way the worlds are designed is disappointing because it seems like the only world pvp areas are in quest objective areas which are so small they feel like battlegrounds without any enemies, I don't see any lol. I heard two different stories of it all changes when you get to Tatooine but I've also heard you get exhausted within 60m of the main base there and you have to get taxis to travel to different locations. So basically it gives you the illusion that it is open, yet it's just as enclosed as everyother zone but has tham BF like kills you if you leave the area.I doubt I'm going to get to see that for myself and I really see no point of having Capital cities with no one in them because everyone is in the stations. Just get rid of the stations and move people into the world instead!

I've unsubscribed already, I'm just so bored and the only thing keeping me playing and having fun were my firends but they've all uninstalled the game now so I'm alone. Just feel so let down by Bioware this year, first Dragon Age 2 and then this....

Tixylixx

Play the game in moderation then? I hate it when people play games for hours and hours a day and are confused as to why they are bored of it.

Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tixylixx

[QUOTE="Tixylixx"]

HyperWarlock

Play the game in moderation then? I hate it when people play games for hours and hours a day and are confused as to why they are bored of it.

I've never had this with an MMO before, I usually can play for years until I get bored. Problem with SWTOR is I feel like I've played it all before and I was bored of it within the first few levels but just decided to plow on anyways. Just gotten to the point where I'm thinking about quitting because it doesn't do anything better. I find the story stuff to just be the camera panning back and forth while two characters talk, why couldn't there be action in the cutscenes? So just end up choosing the auto skip option.

WoWs world had so much more personality and life to it as well, SWTORS feels rather dead and dull.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

I also heard the animations for lightsaber fighting is stupid-looking. It's like hitting someone with a wiffle bat.

If you want open-world PvP I recommend trying Darkfall Online, and waiting for Planetside 2. Might also want to try Mortal Online.

Raxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Raxzor
Member since 2003 • 5399 Posts

I agree. I had fun at first but got bored after the main story, which is great but once you have covered that it gets mediocre. I know you could re-roll another class. Which is probs what I will do but I only got 10 more play days on it because I cancelled my sub.

And the lightsabre anims are slightly off, it feels like your wacking mobs with a baseball bat not this eligant laser sword. I think GS score relfects well on the game.

Major_9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Major_9000
Member since 2004 • 260 Posts

I love this game and am having a great time.

As for the GS score of 8.0, it is a disgrace...the reviewer should be fired.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

Replies in red.

It doesn't help that I feel like I'm playing alone the whole time because everything is so instanced that you hardly see anyone around. You have these giant open spaces with nothing in them as players are all in the quest instances and there is little point to the planet. The weird thing is as well is the NPCs don't seem to walk around or do patrols like you get in other MMOs, they all just tend to stay in one place and it all feels reather static.A lifeless world is a big problem with SWTOR, and I agree itmakes the world feel static and unimmersive. They built this whole phase system and yet the world doesn't change to your actions, so there is no conscience to anything other that light side or dark side points which gives you gear. Only I'm finding myself picking options and getting both sides points and there isn't any gear for Neutral people. This will be addressed in later patches. But if you ask me, SWTOR is a shining example of how to not make a morality system (in fact, morality bars should go away entirely)

I haven't seen a single enemy in the world since playing Republic players and Empire players quest in different locations, to make matters worse Empire far outnumbers Republic, I joined a PVP server to do some open world PVP. If I wanted to do boring battlegrounds I would have rolled a PVE server, but it is world PVP that gets me excited in an MMO too bad there is no purpose for world PvP, you dont get Valor, you dont get exp, you dont get loot. I found the way the worlds are designed is disappointing because it seems like the only world pvp areas are in quest objective areas which are so small they feel like battlegrounds without any enemies, I don't see any lol. I heard two different stories of it all changes when you get to Tatooine but I've also heard you get exhausted within 60m of the main base there and you have to get taxis to travel to different locations. So basically it gives you the illusion that it is open, yet it's just as enclosed as everyother zone but has tham BF like kills you if you leave the area. With the exception of the upper area in tatooine, and going outside the borders (think of fatigue in WoW if you swim too far out) the exaustion shouldnt bother you. I doubt I'm going to get to see that for myself and I really see no point of having Capital cities with no one in them because everyone is in the stations. Just get rid of the stations and move people into the world instead!

And then Mass Effect 3.

Tixylixx

SWTOR was pretty poorly designed in some parts. It has strengths as well (within presentation and levelling), but the presentation alone could not carry me through the godawful gameplay. Not to mention the writing got on my nerves in some parts.

I may be awfully unfair to SWTOR however. At times I feel the issue is with me, or rather the genre fatigue I am suffering from. SWTOR just has a too strong sense of Deja Vu and really, I had enough of the current Themepark formula. Bring on Guild Wars 2, ArcheAge and Firefall I say.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

buying an MMO at launch always has issues and the feel of lack of polish or content....they change over time

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

and fanboys raged at me then i said in these forums that it would be another fail clone mmorpg. I watched all the videos and thats the best conclusion i came with, although i gave it at least 1 year of life, didn't though people would start to get bored with it so fast.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

I never played it, but it doesn't looks bad. Thats why I never pre-order, I don't want to regret myself on a purchase.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

and fanboys raged at me then i said in these forums that it would be another fail clone mmorpg. I watched all the videos and thats the best conclusion i came with, although i gave it at least 1 year of life, didn't though people would start to get bored with it so fast.

Krelian-co

The game really was doomed to fail. Cloning WoW is an incredibly poor move. Blizzard knows game design much better than Bioware does. This game is proof of that. You would have to be really overconfident in your game design abiliites/stupid if you think you can take on a game that has had 7 years of tweaking and updating, and not have your product completely eclipsed. This really seems to be yet another Age of Conan/Warhammer Online/RIFT. They should have made a single player game instead.

Which of these looks the least interesting to you?

MMO 1: Clones an old mmo, tacks on a story and full voice overs, gives it a science fantasy setting.
MMO 2: Promises dynamic content, dynamic combat which encourages/forces players to adapt to what is going on in the field and offers 3 way PvP with sieges. Also encourages interaction with other players
MMO 3: MMOTPS with a dynamic world
MMO 4: Features a world you can interact with, mounted combat, proper vehicle combat, naval combat, build a house anywhere you like and enjoy actual guild warfare and control for power. Endgame are other players as opposed to some scripted NPC with bloated lifebar and predictable behaviour.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Maroxad

The game really was doomed to fail. Cloning WoW is an incredibly poor move. Blizzard knows game design much better than Bioware does. This game is proof of that. You would have to be really overconfident in your game design abiliites/stupid if you think you can take on a game that has had 7 years of tweaking and updating, and not have your product completely eclipsed. This really seems to be yet another Age of Conan/Warhammer Online/RIFT. They should have made a single player game instead.

Which of these looks the least interesting to you?

MMO 1: Clones an old mmo, tacks on a story and full voice overs, gives it a science fantasy setting.
MMO 2: Promises dynamic content, dynamic combat which encourages/forces players to adapt to what is going on in the field and offers 3 way PvP with sieges. Also encourages interaction with other players
MMO 3: MMOTPS with a dynamic world
MMO 4: Features a world you can interact with, mounted combat, proper vehicle combat, naval combat, build a house anywhere you like and enjoy actual guild warfare and control for power. Endgame are other players as opposed to some scripted NPC with bloated lifebar and predictable behaviour.

indeed they just cloned wow and threw some voice acting, but as i've always said, mmorpgs are all about gameplay, no matter how much voice acting or story (even if the story was great which i've read it isn't) will be enough for people to keep playing after a while. Guess i was right after all, but time will tell.

im looking forward to see what guild wars 2 is going to bring to the genre, at least they are trying new ideas instead of copying and im curious, so far it looks good. I like developers who actually try to make new games instead of going for the "safe" rute.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Krelian-co

I never played it, but it doesn't looks bad. Thats why I never pre-order, I don't want to regret myself on a purchase.

tjricardo089

i never preorder to bioware after the cheap move they did with dragon age 2. Never again, bioware.

Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tixylixx

Every quest is played out the same way too..

"Go check this location as this is where we last saw this person"
So you give an answer
They give you a short sentence on why you need to go
You have one of three options "Yeh I'll do it", "I'll do it if it shuts you up" "refuse quest"

Like everything has this same struction but the ****quests and it gets old fast.

Apparently cl&ss is censored on these forums.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Krelian-co
Fanboys didn't rage at you, you trolled every SWTOR topic saying it will fail. Well, so far 2 million people aren't agreeing with you.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside

So you give an answer
You have one of three options "Yeh I'll do it", "I'll do it if it shuts you up" "refuse quest"

Like everything has this same struction but the ****quests and it gets old fast.

Tixylixx

C...lass isn't censored, it's used in the HTML programming so u can't use it on a topic (they might fix that eventually).

As for your post, EVERY MMO has fetch quests, and EVERY MMO will have fetch quests. Those who believe differently are NAIVE. Saying that, EVERY quest isn't the same. I've had fetch quests but also other ones with choices.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wis3boi

[QUOTE="Tixylixx"]

So you give an answer

FelipeInside

C...lass isn't censored, it's used in the HTML programming so u can't use it on a topic (they might fix that eventually).

As for your post, EVERY MMO has fetch quests, and EVERY MMO will have fetch quests. Those who believe differently are NAIVE. Saying that, EVERY quest isn't the same. I've had fetch quests but also other ones with choices.

they are probably the people who mash the spacebar to skip dialogue and just follow the arrows

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Tixylixx"]

So you give an answer

wis3boi

they are probably the people who mash the spacebar to skip dialogue and just follow the arrows

Yeah true, but this happened with WoW as well. Heaps of people just pressed ACCEPT QUEST without even reading. WoW had some really awesome side stories. With SWTOR it's even better cause you don't have to read, some of the side stories are great and you meet cool characters.

QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

1: Themepark MMOs have gotten stale for everyone. That's why most people are getting 'bored' fast from these WoW clones.

2: Blizzard understands Themepark MMO better than anyone else. Thus, noone can outdo Blizzard with a theme park MMO.

3: Sandbox MMOs are just too hardcore for the casual, usually low age demographic that WoW brought into MMOs. Thus, sandbox MMOs will never be as popular as Theme park MMOs. Casualisation.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside

1: Themepark MMOs have gotten stale for everyone. That's why most people are getting 'bored' fast from these WoW clones.

2: Blizzard understands Themepark MMO better than anyone else. Thus, noone can outdo Blizzard with a theme park MMO.

3: Sandbox MMOs are just too hardcore for the casual, usually low age demographic that WoW brought into MMOs. Thus, sandbox MMOs will never be as popular as Theme park MMOs. Casualisation.

QQabitmoar
I agree with this, specially with the huge amount of MMOs that came one after the other (after WoW's success). That's why I try to concentrate on other things apart from just grinding and gear. I try to take in the world, the stories, the characters, the fun of questing with friends etc. Makes my ride much more enjoyable.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

QQabitmoar
Agreed. I'm going to ride out SWTOR until Guild Wars 2 and I'll try my best to hit lvl 50 and see if things change at endgame. At the moment, I'm not that crazy about SWTOR. Feels a bit on the boring side but I'm hoping things will pick up. I think those 2 years of playing World of Warcraft is a bit to blame because SWTOR feels very much like it in almost every way except for the story element. I'll probably shave off the subscription in a few months. Might as well make my $60 worth it.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="QQabitmoar"]

Elann2008
Agreed. I'm going to ride out SWTOR until Guild Wars 2 and I'll try my best to hit lvl 50 and see if things change at endgame. At the moment, I'm not that crazy about SWTOR. Feels a bit on the boring side but I'm hoping things will pick up. I think those 2 years of playing World of Warcraft is a bit to blame because SWTOR feels very much like it in almost every way except for the story element. I'll probably shave off the subscription in a few months. Might as well make my $60 worth it.

Read my prior post and try to do as I do, you get lots more out of it. FORGET about leveling, FORGET about end-game.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="QQabitmoar"]

FelipeInside

Read my prior post and try to do as I do, you get lots more out of it. FORGET about leveling, FORGET about end-game.

Yeah, I tried that and the story is good and all, but it isn't better than BioWare's other games. Even then, I am one of those MMO-gamers that are pretty damn hardcore and I read text-boxes (i prefer them). Something about reading text boxes, and reading backstory at their website makes it more immersive for me. Dialogue works better with single-player games for me. MMOG's for me has always been about the player-base and community, grouping up and taking on challenging mini and full dungeons, big boss fights, and guilds. I enjoy the challenge the most, and I like pouring in a lot of work, sometimes grind into professions and such during downtime. Pretty much describing everything I did in vanilla World of Warcraft. That's just more my thing and I understand some may disagree. :)
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="QQabitmoar"]

FelipeInside

Yeah, I tried that and the story is good and all, but it isn't better than BioWare's other games. Even then, I am one of those MMO-gamers that are pretty damn hardcore and I read text-boxes (i prefer them). Something about reading text boxes, and reading backstory at their website makes it more immersive for me. Dialogue works better with single-player games for me. MMOG's for me has always been about the player-base and community, grouping up and taking on challenging mini and full dungeons, big boss fights, and guilds. I enjoy the challenge the most, and I like pouring in a lot of work, sometimes grind into professions and such during downtime. Pretty much describing everything I did in vanilla World of Warcraft. That's just more my thing and I understand some may disagree. :)

On top of that, i'm not too keen on SWTOR's pvp system. I prefer level brackets. And PVP was HUGE for me in WoW. Grand Marshal Warrior, I had.. And the pvp so far isn't doing it for me in SWTOR. So, a lot of setbacks in TOR, for me.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] Agreed. I'm going to ride out SWTOR until Guild Wars 2 and I'll try my best to hit lvl 50 and see if things change at endgame. At the moment, I'm not that crazy about SWTOR. Feels a bit on the boring side but I'm hoping things will pick up. I think those 2 years of playing World of Warcraft is a bit to blame because SWTOR feels very much like it in almost every way except for the story element. I'll probably shave off the subscription in a few months. Might as well make my $60 worth it.

That's totally fine, but all those things u pointed out SWTOR has them. I've had great fun grouping with other players, I'm also part of a Guild that is very helpful and respectful. I'm even grinding my professions which is something I never bothered to do before. The companion system is great for this cause I can continue with my missions.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Elann2008
On top of that, i'm not too keen on SWTOR's pvp system. I prefer level brackets. And PVP was HUGE for me in WoW. Grand Marshal Warrior, I had.. And the pvp so far isn't doing it for me in SWTOR. So, a lot of setbacks in TOR, for me.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside
On top of that, i'm not too keen on SWTOR's pvp system. I prefer level brackets. And PVP was HUGE for me in WoW. Grand Marshal Warrior, I had.. And the pvp so far isn't doing it for me in SWTOR. So, a lot of setbacks in TOR, for me.Elann2008
They are incorporating level brackets next patch.
Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tixylixx

Skyrim is a sandbox game that is highly popular and in many ways it plays how I wish MMOs were today, it fills that MMO gap for me right now. It has so many amazing quests which are just crazy and offer lots of different gameplay types. It doesn't kill the world with fast travel because it balances it out by making you want to not use fast travel to discover all this hidden or random content throughout the world.

It is just the MMO I want that sadly isn't an MMO lol.

All these MMOs coming out today were based on dated design of Everquest which has proven time and time again not to work. The problem is they become top heavy and new players have to level on their own while older players have 90% of the world useless to them. They become boring because there is all this content that has no use to them because it isn't in their level so all they can do is grind the same raids or battlegrounds. With Skyrims world design you'd do content whenever you liked and it could scale to your level (sorta like Oblivion) so you could be doing the same content with new players, together. So the mob would be low level to them but higher level to you so it is balanced and it means the world never dies as you pick to do the content you want, when you want. Instead of games like WoW where the world is linear and you only have a certain timeframe in which to do it before you out level it.

Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tixylixx

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]On top of that, i'm not too keen on SWTOR's pvp system. I prefer level brackets. And PVP was HUGE for me in WoW. Grand Marshal Warrior, I had.. And the pvp so far isn't doing it for me in SWTOR. So, a lot of setbacks in TOR, for me.FelipeInside

Hats off to them, it looks like a great patch that fixes a lot of problems players had with the game and it hasn't even been long since launch. Just hope they can keep on top of all the problems and get them all sorted very quickly, I would really love to see cross realm PVP and Dungeon Finder tool to balance out the Republic being so low on players. I would also like to see some server mergers seeing as populations have returned to normal after Christmas and considering there will more than likely be a drop in players when they start charging money for it.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

I think its fantastic... but people here like to complain.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

Skyrim is a sandbox game that is highly popular and in many ways it plays how I wish MMOs were today, it fills that MMO gap for me right now. It has so many amazing quests which are just crazy and offer lots of different gameplay types. It doesn't kill the world with fast travel because it balances it out by making you want to not use fast travel to discover all this hidden or random content throughout the world.

It is just the MMO I want that sadly isn't an MMO lol.

All these MMOs coming out today were based on dated design of Everquest which has proven time and time again not to work. The problem is they become top heavy and new players have to level on their own while older players have 90% of the world useless to them. They become boring because there is all this content that has no use to them because it isn't in their level so all they can do is grind the same raids or battlegrounds. With Skyrims world design you'd do content whenever you liked and it could scale to your level (sorta like Oblivion) so you could be doing the same content with new players, together. So the mob would be low level to them but higher level to you so it is balanced and it means the world never dies as you pick to do the content you want, when you want. Instead of games like WoW where the world is linear and you only have a certain timeframe in which to do it before you out level it.

Tixylixx

skyrim would blow chunks as an mmo. Its just the same outdated morrowind design, but with voice acting, less depth, and more arcady combat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

i have canceled my sub as well, I had a level 43 healer and stopped playing because couldnt get grps for anything becauce most were lower level, so I rolled another toon 2 actually have a level 20 and a 18, got to fron alot more flashpoints and decided that the grp fights are just not very fun at all, all the instances I have played are not very fun. People are saying there is nothing to do at 50 and all the gear loooks the same and can be got in a weeks time, so I have no desire to get to max level, and then decided i have no desire to play this game anymore. After 70 hrs of the voice acting you just cant take it anymore and skip it anyways. The game already seems to be losing alot of people I dont hink it will last, the funny thing is I enjoyedDCUO ALOT more then this, and people hate it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FelipeInside

i have canceled my sub as well, I had a level 43 healer and stopped playing because couldnt get grps for anything becauce most were lower level, so I rolled another toon 2 actually have a level 20 and a 18, got to fron alot more flashpoints and decided that the grp fights are just not very fun at all, all the instances I have played are not very fun. People are saying there is nothing to do at 50 and all the gear loooks the same and can be got in a weeks time, so I have no desire to get to max level, and then decided i have no desire to play this game anymore. After 70 hrs of the voice acting you just cant take it anymore and skip it anyways. The game already seems to be losing alot of people I dont hink it will last, the funny thing is I enjoyedDCUO ALOT more then this, and people hate it.

Advid-Gamer
I still believe you play MMOs too much, but to each his own I guess. As for people mostly low level, well of course, the game has only been out what? a week? Not everyone races to end-game. I actually don't want to reach end-game, the journey is way fun and I want to finish all of the missions.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]On top of that, i'm not too keen on SWTOR's pvp system. I prefer level brackets. And PVP was HUGE for me in WoW. Grand Marshal Warrior, I had.. And the pvp so far isn't doing it for me in SWTOR. So, a lot of setbacks in TOR, for me.Tixylixx

Hats off to them, it looks like a great patch that fixes a lot of problems players had with the game and it hasn't even been long since launch. Just hope they can keep on top of all the problems and get them all sorted very quickly, I would really love to see cross realm PVP and Dungeon Finder tool to balance out the Republic being so low on players. I would also like to see some server mergers seeing as populations have returned to normal after Christmas and considering there will more than likely be a drop in players when they start charging money for it.

I'm sure Dungeon Finder will be incorporated in the future since lots of people have asked for it. Cross Realm PvP as well, but they have to fix PvP first (framerate, level brackets etc). As for server merges...I don't think it's needed yet. I see all of the servers mostly on HEAVY Population.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts
[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

FelipeInside
Me playing to much or not, dosent change the feel of the 4 man heroics and game mechanics, it just dosent feel right, no aggro meters not target of target, no dual spec, there are about 5 or 6 different kinds of quests that you run over and over, less then what wow has, voice acting dosent make them seem like less of a grind after the newness wheres off, if you are the type of player that plays a hr or 2 everyday and that's it, fine but vet mmo players will burn this in no time leaving the game with nothing but noobs that don't even know whata tanks role is or what aggro is, because I have run into a lot f those people that act like they have never played a game in there lives. I still believe you play MMOs too much, but to each his own I guess. As for people mostly low level, well of course, the game has only been out what? a week? Not everyone races to end-game. I actually don't want to reach end-game, the journey is way fun and I want to finish all of the missions.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wis3boi
[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

FelipeInside
I still believe you play MMOs too much, but to each his own I guess. As for people mostly low level, well of course, the game has only been out what? a week? Not everyone races to end-game. I actually don't want to reach end-game, the journey is way fun and I want to finish all of the missions.

couple of my friends raced to 50 in a week after the game came out. They were the first ones to complain about being bored and lack of content. I havent passed 30 yet and im having a blast. I also try my best to remind them that MMOs are about getting a working game out first, adding content and changing things later. BioWare has a lot in store coming up, like new flashpoints, gear, guild capital ships, etc.
attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2467 Posts
I was bored within ten minutes of logging in. All I got was an overwhelming feeling of......WoW. Not good. Jesus, I had 10x more fun just watching the cinematic trailers. Now THAT is some great sh*t. Oh, prequels, what you could have been.
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

I do agree with the OP. I've been following SWTOR for almost 3 years and I bought the special edition. Unfortunately the game has an insane amount of deja vu no matter how much they disguise it with voice acting. I wasnt expecting a genre revolution but I wanted more than WoW refined with a starwars skin. I'm a huge Bioware and Star Wars fan but I cant see me playing past the first free month. I played WoW on and off for 5 years and that was enough for me.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

FelipeInside

Fanboys didn't rage at you, you trolled every SWTOR topic saying it will fail. Well, so far 2 million people aren't agreeing with you.

ah i was wondering when you were gonna appear on this thread with damage control, it was actually you and some other guy who couldn't stand people making an objective analisis of the game. I only posted in many threads about TOR because there were many, mainly star5ted by you in your propaganda spree you had before release, i wonder how many topics you started about the game.

And yes it has 2 million (i doubt is that much but lets say it is) i mean c'mon its bioware and star wars together, its was just released, it was expected, i never said no one was gonna buy it, in fact i did say a lot of people would, i said it won't last long before it starts going down. As i said, it will be the same as so many other clones of wow out there, only difference is it had a better start because of bioware and the star wars franchise.

Lets see how many keep playing it after guild wars 2 is released

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FelipeInside

I do agree with the OP. I've been following SWTOR for almost 3 years and I bought the special edition. Unfortunately the game has an insane amount of deja vu no matter how much they disguise it with voice acting. I wasnt expecting a genre revolution but I wanted more than WoW refined with a starwars skin. I'm a huge Bioware and Star Wars fan but I cant see me playing past the first free month. I played WoW on and off for 5 years and that was enough for me.

bonafidetk
So if u played WoW on and off for 5 years, what's wrong with playing SWTOR on and off for 5 years? Not many people play an MMO straight for many years. I played WoW on and off as well....I have to play other SP games as well.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]On top of that, i'm not too keen on SWTOR's pvp system. I prefer level brackets. And PVP was HUGE for me in WoW. Grand Marshal Warrior, I had.. And the pvp so far isn't doing it for me in SWTOR. So, a lot of setbacks in TOR, for me.FelipeInside

Incredible news! Thank you Felipe!
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Krelian-co

ah i was wondering when you were gonna appear on this thread with damage control, it was actually you and some other guy who couldn't stand people making an objective analisis of the game. I only posted in many threads about TOR because there were many, mainly star5ted by you in your propaganda spree you had before release,i wonder how many topics you started about the game.

And yes it has 2 million (i doubt is that much but lets say it is) i mean c'mon its bioware and star wars together, its was just released, it was expected, i never said no one was gonna buy it, in fact i did say a lot of people would, i said it won't last long before it starts going down. As i said, it will be the same as so many other clones of wow out there, only difference is it had a better start because of bioware and the star wars franchise.

LOL, u saying that clearly says you have no idea what I am about. I have posted on various posts what I DON'T like about SWTOR and things that could have been done better.

Heaps, cause we were finally getting a SciFi MMO that's worth playing instead of the old and used up fantasy setting.

As I recall you said it wouldn't last a month, and probably go F2P in that time. Well, let's see if it goes F2P in the next 2 weeks.

True, but remains to be seen. I tried the other "WoW clones" (God I hate that word) and this one is the only one that keeps me interested.

Let's see if GW2 is really the revolution everyone makes it out to be (mind you Day 1 Purchase for me).

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Fanboys didn't rage at you, you trolled every SWTOR topic saying it will fail. Well, so far 2 million people aren't agreeing with you.FelipeInside

ah i was wondering when you were gonna appear on this thread with damage control, it was actually you and some other guy who couldn't stand people making an objective analisis of the game. I only posted in many threads about TOR because there were many, mainly star5ted by you in your propaganda spree you had before release,i wonder how many topics you started about the game.

LOL, u saying that clearly says you have no idea what I am about. I have posted on various posts what I DON'T like about SWTOR and things that could have been done better.

Heaps, cause we were finally getting a SciFi MMO that's worth playing instead of the old and used up fantasy setting.

As I recall you said it wouldn't last a month, and probably go F2P in that time. Well, let's see if it goes F2P in the next 2 weeks.

True, but remains to be seen. I tried the other "WoW clones" (God I hate that word) and this one is the only one that keeps me interested.

Let's see if GW2 is really the revolution everyone makes it out to be (mind you Day 1 Purchase for me).

i dare you quote me any post where i said that, i even in this same thread said i was giving it about 6-12 months of life, and i never even said anything about it going f2p, so might want to check reality. Sorry but you are confusing me with a random hater, what i said i said it not because i hate the game its just sad they took that way and its the possible outcome i see to the game

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FelipeInside
I agree with you that SWTOR could have been much more, and I apologize if I have mistaken u with another poster (I think he even had ur same avatar, that's why I thought it was you). Hopefully SWTOR will continue for a long time cause I'm having fun with it and I'm sick of MMO s just failing after launch (I bought AION and DCUO)
xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

I'm still really wishing that somebody would make a really good star wars game. I mean, if there are going to be lightsabers in it, then make a good combat system that really lets you fight with the lightsabers using parries and fluidity along the lines of the jedi knight games. If there are going to be starfighters in it, then by god put us in the cockpit and let us fly the damn things. Remember how good the X-wing games were?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FelipeInside

I'm still really wishing that somebody would make a really good star wars game. I mean, if there are going to be lightsabers in it, then make a good combat system that really lets you fight with the lightsabers using parries and fluidity along the lines of the jedi knight games. If there are going to be starfighters in it, then by god put us in the cockpit and let us fly the damn things. Remember how good the X-wing games were?

xLittlekillx
Well Force Unleashed 1 was pretty fun imo. I wish they would make a Rogue Squadron 3 though...
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#47 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Its extremely fun for me, feels like im playing 4 or 5 KOTOR singleplayer games, just with teh option to play with others if I want. Its much much better then I expected.

Most fun ive had on an mmo since Ultima Online which was A VERY LONG TIME AGO.

Its far from perfect but I think a score of anywhere from 8/10 to 9/10 is about rigth for me. PvP could be better, and a few other things but overall it does alot of things very very well, its so nice to play an mmo that isnt just abotu borign grinding just to get to End game, this is actually fun as heck playing instead of boring liek WOW, Aion and many other mmos.

For me id way rather have interesting story, characters and voice acting then tons of PvP stuff at launch (i never get to level 40 or end game in mmos right away anyways). They are already working on more PvP stuff which is nice to hear to.

I just think its great tha tBioware went another way frmo normal mmos, and went the story route, ive gotten tired of mmos having little to no story and beign borign grind fests. Its ntice to be able to take my time and enjoy the story and everything instead of only beign worrried about PvP stuff and grinding all ym characters as fast as I can.

In WOW, Aion, Age Of Conan and so many other mmos I would just FORCE myself to keep playing to get to max level adn try out the end game stuff but it is just SOOO boring most of the time, grinding and not having any fun at all. I went out and bought all the expansiosn for WOW and kep giving it a go but its way to broign for me, I feel so WANT or WILL to keep pushing on after awhile. With SWTOR though I am very interested in the story and characters and I really want to push forward for that, not just because I want to get to a high level as fast as possible. One of the firtst mmo's ive played were I want to take my time, do as amny side quests as possible and enjoy whats there, it actaulyl feels like it has some depth in its story compared to others where the story sucks.

I know everyone else is not the same, most like PvP stuff and end game stuff as soon as possible, I have tons of friedn who are like that, only play mmos for end game stuff and skip any and all dialogue/story stuff, that just is not fun to me (sure might be fun later on when you get to end game but its boring as hell to me getting there). Atleast in SWTOR its fun and enjoyable follwoing the storylines.

The devs are working on alot of PvP stuff though which is nice (if you remember WOW did not have much end gaem stuff the day it released either, most of it you got later as updates,etc..), so hopefully the people who have issues with the PvP will start enjoying the game more if they add soem godo thigns to PvP. As I said before, not to many mmos have TONS of end game stuff on day one, alot is added later on. Hopefully Bioware delivers, becuase ive heard from a few friedn who love PvP/end game stuff that they will need some new pvp stuff to mess around with in 2-3 months or they will be gone. Will be interesting to see how quick bioware gets in some more things.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FelipeInside
Kozzy pretty much summarizes my opinion on the game and why I am enjoying it. I really wish they would have incorporated Day/Night Cycle....cause some locations (for example Tattooine Desert), would be pretty scary at night. (specially with the Sand People)
xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

[QUOTE="xLittlekillx"]

FelipeInside

Well Force Unleashed 1 was pretty fun imo. I wish they would make a Rogue Squadron 3 though...

Yeah, force unleashed was alright. But they reduced the lightsaber combat to pretty much a combo based button masher.

Also, there is a Rogue Squadron 3, but it was for Gamecube.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#50 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Kozzy pretty much summarizes my opinion on the game and why I am enjoying it. I really wish they would have incorporated Day/Night Cycle....cause some locations (for example Tattooine Desert), would be pretty scary at night. (specially with the Sand People)FelipeInside

Night and day Cycle would be very cool.

Later on to I also wouldnt mind if we could get houses like in Ultima Online or your own buildings/cities like Age of Conan.