I only play games on easy

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

M4Ntan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 M4Ntan
Member since 2009 • 1438 Posts

When I played consoles, I played the hardest difficulty most of the time, for teh gamerscores!

Now I am just playing everything on easy, is anyone else like this?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 29121994
Member since 2008 • 1166 Posts
I always play games on the medium difficulty setting the first time, on the second play, i normally go for the harder difficulties though.
theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 theafiguy
Member since 2006 • 962 Posts
I used to be, because I cared about every semblance of a story. Now, I like to challenge myself a little bit more. I'm playing Brothers In Arms: Hells Highway and I'm making sure I make it as challenging as possible. The whole easy thing, I kinda grew out of it after playing games like that for over 4 years.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

I always play games on the medium difficulty setting the first time, on the second play, i normally go for the harder difficulties though.29121994
This, I play on normal because I'm after enjoyment, not punishment, if I enjoy the game enough I'll replay it on a harder difficulty (extremely rare tho, the only recent game I replayed 3 times on 3 different difficulty settings is SC 2, there's Portal 2, 3 times but it has no difficulty options).

kate_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 kate_jones
Member since 2007 • 3221 Posts

I used to play fps on hard on consoles, but these days just play everything on default, and if I want to play it again after beating it, I turn the difficulty up

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#6 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Nothing wrong with that. The only time I ever torture myself by playing a game on a harder difficulty is if you end up unlocking something for it.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
Depends on the game. I love playing through games at the hardest settings though.
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

i play at the hardest setting first playthrough.

the second playthrough is never as exciting as the first for me so i try to get the most out of the game first time around.

guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts

I usually play games on Easy on PC but i play games on Normal then Hard on Xbox 360 for the Achievements!

BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

i generally think today's games are way too easy and i like a bit of a challenge so i never turn down the difficulty. either start off on default or, lately i've been playing more on hard difficulty from the start.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

I usually play on normal but thought i'd installed an oldie (Age of mythology) and man that game is crazy hard on normal, just none stop attacks wave after wave giving you no time to recover since 1 unit can knock down your massive walls with no effort. On easy they don't even attack so poorly designed.

Anyway like was saying usually pick normal level rarely go higher.

harshv82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 harshv82
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts
I play it on hard for the first time though I regretted the day I started The Witcher 2 on hard. Then switched it on normal and finished it. CDP Red know how to make a game for PC. I started ME2 on hard, switched it to veteran midway then on 2nd playthrough I did Insane. Problem with PC gaming difficulty is if it's developed for consoles first it do tends to be rather very easy. Don't take my post out of context, I'm just stating my opinions.
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

I'll usually play on normal but I will turn it down if the game frustrates me. I play for story and for frustration, if I wanted frustration I'd go play Heroes of Newerth.

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5467 Posts

No i am getting desperate for games to be harder especially in the RPG genre. Got Two Worlds Two recently 40+ Hours in and i need it to be more difficult! SO i download Mods and its still to Easy. Same with Dragon Age!

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Normally ill play on normal..Easy is just to easy for me..Normal is at least some what of a challenge..Some games ive had to turn down because even on easy it was hard as hell..Think some of the boss fights in dragon age origins where really hard,.The bloodmother for instance turn that down to easy..Just so i can get through that part..She had to be one of the toughest bosses ive fought this gen.,..

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts
No, I'm not that big of a wuss. I don't go lower than normal.
lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts
If there's only 3 settings I go for normal on my first playthrough, however alot of games are going for the "Easy, Normal, Hard, Veteran" settings so in these circumstances I'd usually go for hard. On a second playthrough I almost always crank up the difficulty, no point playing the exact same game again! :P
EzekyleAbadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EzekyleAbadon
Member since 2010 • 1391 Posts
Usually I go for hardest or second to hardest (given there are more than one difficulty settings above normal). I generally like to challenge myself.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
I usually start on normal. If I want to play again I'll play through on a harder difficulty.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

Depends on the game. I play COD campaigns on easy, because there are a lot of cheap deaths and grenade spam otherwise and it just disrupts the "cinematic" action movie feel of the game. Аnd I just want to get it over with.

I play RPG's and RTS on hard / hardest.

Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

I hack the game to make it as hard as possible. That's how hardcore I am.

Anyone who doesn't is just a casual.

iskeethunters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 iskeethunters
Member since 2011 • 925 Posts
I'm a hardcore gamer. I play everything on the highest difficulty possible yet I haven't been really challenged for a few years. Easier difficulties are not fun because they don't provide any challenge or satisfaction anymore so the game becomes dull and boring.
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
I play on easy unless it actually makes a difference in my gameplay experience. If increasing the difficulty setting only changes the damage you receive or changes how available resources are, etc., then no, it's pointless to play on anything but the easiest setting. If the AI behavior or content of the game is changed then I am willing to play through very hard. It takes intelligence to be above your ego, and in the case of most games, it's only the ego as well as low intelligence that makes people play on anything harder than easy. However, if it's a game like Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon where I actually get completely different content on different difficulty modes, then I'm willing to play games modes more difficult than Ninja Gaiden.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

i usally play on easy/normal because I get angry very easy when I die on the harder settings

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

Depends on the game, if it's a genre I know how to play well - then hardest difficulty, otherwise medium.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

i always start with its normal/default difficulty setting and then increase the difficulty when i replay them. easy difficulty in almost all cases has no challenge and is extremely boring. i like when a game test me. alot of games today are just too easy! sometimes it bums me out because even at higher difficulties modern games are still too simple for me. i love it when a game challenges me. i especially love a game that manages to bring me "game rage" lol. as funny as that sounds, it's so true!

Bros89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bros89
Member since 2004 • 624 Posts

depends on the game, 50% normal - 50% hard (I don't touch the "insane/frustrating" settings

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Each game is different. Usually I play on the default settings, sometimes for RPGs I'll turn it down a bit, othertimes I may turn it up for a game I know really well.

Golden_Ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Golden_Ace
Member since 2011 • 118 Posts

I usually play on normal but thought i'd installed an oldie (Age of mythology) and man that game is crazy hard on normal, just none stop attacks wave after wave giving you no time to recover since 1 unit can knock down your massive walls with no effort. On easy they don't even attack so poorly designed.

Anyway like was saying usually pick normal level rarely go higher.

Sleepyz
What a gem of a game :) If you aren't used to it then it can punish you quite harshly.
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
It depends on the genre, for FPS games...definitely harder difficulties.
-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts

I haven't played a single player game in a while, the ones I did play didn't have a difficulty setting. It depends on the game I guess, if I'm not interested in the game, I just play it on normal, but if I do like the game, I usually try the hardest one first (but if it's impossible, I go with lower difficulties)

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

Hardest for FPS's, TPS's and modern stat-casual RPG's. Normal for stat-heavy old school RPG's, RTS's I'm not familiar with and puzzle/mini games.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

I usually choose the hardest difficulty it will let me choose initially (some times harder difficulties are not unlocked yet)

I NEVER play on easy.. 0 challenge which takes a lot of the fun out of it for me.

I Most of the time choose Hardest it will let me initially. Unless its one of those difficulty scales that, in order to make it difficult you have to unload clip after clip into 1 enemy just to bring it down.... That is crap and I usually go to Medium for that.. But games are getting better on the scale of difficulty like that so that is becoming less and less.

I am getting better at games my whole life, therefor I would like them to challenge me accordingly. After 25 years Easy, (and a lot of times Medium) just don't do it for me!

iskeethunters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 iskeethunters
Member since 2011 • 925 Posts
I play on easy unless it actually makes a difference in my gameplay experience. If increasing the difficulty setting only changes the damage you receive or changes how available resources are, etc., then no, it's pointless to play on anything but the easiest setting. If the AI behavior or content of the game is changed then I am willing to play through very hard. It takes intelligence to be above your ego, and in the case of most games, it's only the ego as well as low intelligence that makes people play on anything harder than easy. However, if it's a game like Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon where I actually get completely different content on different difficulty modes, then I'm willing to play games modes more difficult than Ninja Gaiden. Zubinen
I'd say it's low intelligence or lack of gaming skill that makes someone want to play on easy and just walk straight forward through a level without having to think of a tactic or relying on pure skill. Why would you do something that's just a waste of time and doesn't challenge your brain at all?
L1D3N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 L1D3N
Member since 2009 • 717 Posts

I play my games on easy first time then all the rest on hard settings.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

Depends on the game. I play most games on normal. On Oblivion and the newer Fallout games, however, I play on the highest difficulty settings because the games are too easy on normal.

tapty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tapty
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

I used to play games on easy, but then i realised that it was a bit too easy, like not dying for the whole game or not be challanged by the 'Bosses' and finally after i finish a game, like COD, on easy, i find it very difficult to get used to the insane hardness of the multiplayer, where u may die from one headshot or just get stabbed, so i started playing medium or hard, medium because thats how the developers want us to find the game and then if it is too easy, then make it a bit harder... Single player of a game is like a long tutorial for the multiplayer, so the harder the tutorial, the easier i find to get used to the actual action of the multiplayer

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts
I always play on the hardest difficulty. Except for Witcher 2, managed to finished it on hard. Insane was Insane
Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

I usually play on either easy or normal. I played Dragon Age: origins on the easiest difficulty. Why? Because I don't play most games for an extreme challenge. I play for the story, for exploration, and for easy-going enjoyment. I don't experience any sense of accomplishement or get any enjoyment out of "finally beating that level/boss". Repetition is tedious and I prefer to avoid it.

When I want a challenge I don't play against AI, instead I play against actual people online. Games like Starcraft 2, BFBC2, etc cater to my competitive side.

IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

I'll play on the hardest mode if it's done well to scale it to that difficulty. Games like STALKER feel like they should be played on the highest difficulty.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#41 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

I play it on what I feel like. Usually normal the first time, then hardest the second time.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts
Yeah I usually play on Easy to start with, then if I play it again I might put it up to Normal or Medium.
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
first play thru is always medium for me. I dont really like dying or losing in games :p. More into games for fun than achievement punishment. If the game is really good then I might play it again on hard.
attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2453 Posts
I play on a difficulty level that is so high that upon first launch, the game automatically deletes itself from my drive.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lach0121

I play on a difficulty level that is so high that upon first launch, the game automatically deletes itself from my drive.attirex

lol.

Would that be the: I came here to die,Extreme Nightmare modePLUS PLUSPLUS PLUS. ?

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
If it makes you feel better TC... I can't even beat Seth on Easy in SSF4...
attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2453 Posts

[QUOTE="attirex"]I play on a difficulty level that is so high that upon first launch, the game automatically deletes itself from my drive.Lach0121

lol.

Would that be the: I came here to die,Extreme Nightmare modePLUS PLUSPLUS PLUS. ?

No, it's.......LUDICROUS DIFFICULTY
abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
If you enjoy it then it doesn't matter.
darkman006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 darkman006
Member since 2009 • 933 Posts
I always play my games on medium/normal challenge. I only set to easy if I'm having tons of trouble with something like a boss. The only game I play on hard are the doom games.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="attirex"]I play on a difficulty level that is so high that upon first launch, the game automatically deletes itself from my drive.attirex

lol.

No, it's.......LUDICROUS DIFFICULTY

LMAO Touche' my friend!!!!

Sir! You may want to buckle up! eggh Buckle This! Ludirous Speed Go!!!!!