I must be the worst Battlefield 3 player EVER.

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Burnchild_Ren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Burnchild_Ren
Member since 2011 • 97 Posts

I don't think that there exists a single active Battlefield 3 player that sucks more than I do. My K/D ratio must be like 0.1 at best. Every time I step into the game, I get my arse handed to me, whether it is hardcore or softcore. In small maps, there's always a guy sitting behind the corner somewhere, and since I cannot see 360 degrees around me at any given time, it is impossible to react to that guy in time before he kills me. In medium maps, I can't even poke a finger out of cover without taking an L96 round in the head. In larger maps, helicopters will own me if I try to snipe, and infantry will get me if I try anything else - the ONLY thing that SORT OF worked is playing in a tank, but the enemy team will immediately switch to all-javelin and ruin my day yet again. Hell, I think that the only place where I can actually accumulate kills is Metro or Noshahr Cannals (or w/e it's called) in TDM, but then I might aswell just play Cowadoody. Oh joy.
I have no idea why I suck this bad in Battlefield 3. It's not that I suck in FPS multiplayer games, though. I used to dominate matches in Team Fortress 2 and Bad Company 2. But here, my arse is sore from being kicked so hard.
And it's not like I try to charge in there blindly. I try to act like a real soldier would. Sometimes, I would try to find a tactically viable spot and see what I can do from there, and then some guy shoots me in the back. I guess that if you can't find three friends to join you in multiplayer games so that you could act like a real life squad which cover eachother's back, there's no point in trying a realistic approach. But then the run and gun strategy is just a matter of how many litres of Redbull you had prior to the game and how big your screen is to maximize your field of view and reaction time, which might aswell just be Cowadoody. 
And it feels like every unexpected death out of the blue, I have less motivation/skill for the next ticket, which creates a situation of inner balance where each death will add more of a chance for another death, and each death adds up to the point where I'm so dismotivated and poorly skilled that I might aswell just play with my eyes shut.

TL;DR, I really suck at Battlefield 3 and I get my arse kicked even though I've been playing ever since around Nov. 2011, is there anything I can do about it, or is it just not meant to be and I should go and sell my copy to Gamestop?

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
If you're not enjoying it then trade your (console) copy into Gamestop. If you don't mind being a masochist don't. You're behind in unlocks and all that, and due to the horrible unlocks system grind you'll never get your content unless you pay more dosh.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
Try checking these videos out, some pretty good tips and advice in there My advice is to pretty much always be on the move, keep an eye on your map and be aware of whats going on around you. Take potshots at people, follow other team members around, things like that. [QUOTE="skrat_01"] You're behind in unlocks and all that, and due to the horrible unlocks system grind you'll never get your content unless you pay more dosh.

Best weapons in the game are the base ones.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Best weapons in the game are the base ones. Iantheone
They're great. Hop into a vehicle though, whelp.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Iantheone
[QUOTE="Iantheone"]Best weapons in the game are the base ones. skrat_01
They're great. Hop into a vehicle though, whelp.

Well **** that. Tanks are easy enough to get points in, anything in the air though just completely give up on. Jet whores completely ruin the game imo. Rush matches are also pretty good for a newbie to learn on so long as it isnt a 64 player server.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Are you playing on console? I've never heard of someone getting kicked on servers from being too bad (at least on PC)

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

I was the same,I nearly gave up on the game,But It's just practise and be patient,and team work helps,then it just "click" and you'll get better.:)

Burnchild_Ren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Burnchild_Ren

Are you playing on console? I've never heard of someone getting kicked on servers from being too bad (at least on PC)

lostrib

By kicked, I mean getting my Arse kicked. And no, I'm playing on PC. Everyone is a pro by this point.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts
If you're enjoying the game, you should keep playing it. The longer you play it, your skills will gradually improve.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Time to move onto a better game, such as ARMA 3!

*Points towards the greener grass*

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#11 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

You were good at Bad Company 2 and you're awful at BF3? I find that hard to believe.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

what's your reaciton time
is it asleep level?

http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/
(there is a lot more besides rt(handeye, prediction, awareness, etc) I know, but if it's too slow...)

bf3 pubbers avg rt is probably around 260

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

You were good at Bad Company 2 and you're awful at BF3? I find that hard to believe.

cain006

To be fair, BC2 is an easier game I think and I play both of those games extensively.

punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

your not the worst, the gameplay just sucks and they made it so that COD players could play this easily.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#15 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

[QUOTE="cain006"]

mitu123

To be fair, BC2 is an easier game I think and I play both of those games extensively.

Maybe, but you don't go from above average to worst player on your team every time.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="cain006"]

mitu123

BC2 had a lot less weapon spread and less gravity for projectiles

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

is it asleep level?

(there is a lot more besides rt(handeye, prediction, awareness, etc) I know, but if it's too slow...)

JigglyWiggly_

I just took that test and I am in top 100!

39th position!220 ms!

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="cain006"]

wis3boi

BC2 had a lot less weapon spread and less gravity for projectiles

Which made the game easier!
Burnchild_Ren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Burnchild_Ren

is it asleep level?

JigglyWiggly_

Huh... that could actually have something to do with it. I'm going to check this and update this post with my results.

EDIT: After about 30 tries, my average reaction time is around 256.37. I guess that's a pretty slow reaction time. But then it gets even worse in Battlefield 3 - dying impaires my concentration - it lets me cool down for a couple of seconds and relax, which breaks my concentration. In games like Team Fortress 2 where there are no respawn times in most servers (and no obnoxious forced killcams), If I respawn immediately after dying, It was as if I never died. The same concentration and reaction time are there.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

Burnchild_Ren

By kicked, I mean getting my Arse kicked. And no, I'm playing on PC. Everyone is a pro by this point.

Oh, then you can't sell your copy to gamespot. So you might as well just practice

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

is it asleep level?

call_of_duty_10

39th position!220 ms!

that's for this week lel

220ms is a bit faster than average contrary to what the website says
if you look at their new data, it's 260ms  

giant post below

[spoiler]

anything below 190 is good for my standards

but don't get carried away with this thinking this is the only thing that matters, it's not.

espylacopa is 116ms rt average

he was in the navy and is a beast. i am very slow at 180ms avg, and 171 when on energy drinks. That's like top 10%, which is ofc very slow.

inb4 quake vids, but maybe someone will care

0:30, you can see he shoots me before i even really see him when i am behind cover

yeah my rail was still reloading, but he would have hit first anyway.

this is a joke video btw, we were goofing off

but yeah i(mostly zubin) have done a lot of research on what attributes go towards what in fps

here is a way to test your handeye

http://aim400kg.ru/train/?a=ea&ln=en

i get 73,600

average person is around 15,000-30,000

espylacopa handeye nowhere near mine though

for a game like bf3 pubs, handeye matters a lot more since bf3 pubbers RT is a joke

rt helps a lot when you are behind cover and peaking

if someone you see hits you from bheind so you can turn around quickly

you end up just walking into someone who will shoot first

handeye is for when you need to swing and track

aim400kg is a very reliable test.

if you get a goodscore in aim400kg and have a fast rt, there is no reason you shouldn't be dominating.

if you are far below average, well then yeah

none of these tests factor in your ability for movement and prediciton aiming which is huge deal.

these matter more for arena shooters rather than say cs 1.6 which is just a point and click flash game

bf3 is  in the middle since you can take a lot of dmg before you die and there's plenty of movement involved

[/spoiler]

Burnchild_Ren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Burnchild_Ren

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

is it asleep level?

JigglyWiggly_

39th position!220 ms!

that's for this week lel

220ms is a bit faster than average contrary to what the website says
if you look at their new data, it's 260ms  

giant post below

[spoiler]

anything below 190 is good for my standards

but don't get carried away with this thinking this is the only thing that matters, it's not.

espylacopa is 116ms rt average

he was in the navy and is a beast. i am very slow at 180ms avg, and 171 when on energy drinks. That's like top 10%, which is ofc very slow.

inb4 quake vids, but maybe someone will care

0:30, you can see he shoots me before i even really see him when i am behind cover

yeah my rail was still reloading, but he would have hit first anyway.

this is a joke video btw, we were goofing off

but yeah i have done a lot of research on what attributes go towards what in fps

here is a way to test your handeye

http://aim400kg.ru/train/?a=ea&ln=en

i get 73,600

average person is around 15,000-30,000

espylacopa handeye nowhere near mine though

for a game like bf3 pubs, handeye matters a lot more since bf3 pubbers RT is a joke

rt helps a lot when you are behind cover and peaking

or if someone you see hits you from bheind so you can turn around quickly

or if you end up just walking into someone who will shoot first

handeye is for when you need to swing and track

aim400kg is a very reliable test.

if you get a goodscore in aim400kg and have a fast rt, there is no reason you shouldn't be dominating.

if you are far below average, well then yeah [/spoiler]

Wow... my score is REALLY low. It's like 9500 or something. I guess that I am subpar in both RT and Handeye.
Just out of curiosity, if I practice aim400kg on a regular basis, does that have the potential of improving my Handeye, or am I pretty much locked with what I was born with?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JigglyWiggly_

you are locked in terms of never approaching say scores about 50,000 on it
with some practice you should be able to get scores like 30,000

practice it, seriously it helps a lot. here's me doing it after some prac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw3zic08rxo&t=60s

zubin's first try was 66,000 or something

he didn't get higher than my score after prac even though my initial attempt was lower than his.

(he's the one who sends me all these links, he likes to think he is the boss of the gym in everything aim which is ofc true but since he is so predictible it's easy to beat him 1v1, like really predtible, 2mad)

if you get like a score of 40,000 you should be able to beat up bf3 pubs

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Iantheone

JigglyWiggly_

I got 20,000 on my first try. I'm topping the leaderboard in pretty much every BF match I play =/

The only people who really get the better of me are the 100 colonels who only use the M16, but I peg that more to how I normally play as an aggressive recon w/semiauto rifle.

I would say that in BF map awareness and positioning are more important than individual skills.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

It's all about reaction speed and how well you stay on your toes and blend in with the environment when needed - knowing the map.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

Iantheone

I got 20,000 on my first try. I'm topping the leaderboard in pretty much every BF match I play =/

The only people who really get the better of me are the 100 colonels who only use the M16, but I peg that more to how I normally play as an aggressive recon w/semiauto rifle.

I would say that in BF map awareness and positioning are more important than individual skills.

here's raysteinerz

he probably would get 80,000+

dat aim

he is one of the few bf3 players i've seen who knows how to strafe aim

none of the pro bf3 players know how to strafe aim or use movement that well i noticed

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Elann2008
^ That's ridiculous..
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Iantheone

here's raysteinerz

none of the pro bf3 players know how to strafe aim or use movement that well i noticed

JigglyWiggly_

O.o dat aim indeed.

I dont generally compete against other snipers, most of them are absolutely terrible and the good ones just head glitch all day while still hitting very little. When I use a bolt action as an aggressive recon I only get around a 2KDR unless Im actually sniping. Otherwise I get 4+.

As far as I can tell there isnt actually that much skill involved in competitive BF3. Silly things like client side hit detection, suppression, unkillable while vaulting kinda ruin it as a competitive game.

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

BF3 is all about tactics and not that much about awesome aiming. Try learning from your mistakes and never go where you went last time, always see the alternative route and take it instead of the more populated one, most of the time that particullar route will make perfect for an ambush on your enemy. Flanking and ambushing is the best way of getting high scores in shooters. But not everyone can be the one who flanks the enemy, sometimes you have to go upfront and supress for your team, but if you have a hard time enjoying the game, you shouldn't have to worry too much about it.

razorMDshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 razorMDshooter
Member since 2008 • 549 Posts

i recently bought bf3 for pc and have been owning ever since

Burnchild_Ren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Burnchild_Ren

i recently bought bf3 for pc and have been owning ever since

razorMDshooter

Gee, that's really cool for you buddy!
For me, it means another 50,000 handeye pro that will pwn me in multiplayer :P

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Elann2008

Well there's legit good BF3 players like Raysteinerz and then there are posers like ADR-swifty. You'll never know who you play against.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

p90 in cq... done! It won't be great kdr but easy good kdr.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lostrib

Bikouchu35

MP7 extended mags, laser sight, hipfire

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib

Well there's legit good BF3 players like Raysteinerz and then there are posers like ADR-swifty. You'll never know who you play against.

Elann2008

Supposedly there are more people who passively hack just enough to get an advantage (basically wall hacks) so they know where people are or when someone is targeting them.  Although that was at the beginning of BF3, idk if they've cracked down on those

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

lostrib

MP7 extended mags, laser sight, hipfire

Attracts too much attention for my taste.

p90 silencer, 50 ammo clip. Le flank!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts
If you say you own in TF2 then it must be some of the game mechanics that doesn't suit your play style; Just don't play the game
ciorlandenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 ciorlandenis
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts

OP , sounds to me like you got some deep psychological problems dude. just take a break from gaming for a week and see how you play then, get some exercise too

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="Iantheone"]

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

JigglyWiggly_

here's raysteinerz

dat aim

tbh everybody on that server looks pretty crap. I haven't played BF3 for a while but i don't remember the average player being that bad. They all just sprinted out of cover, and even when there were two of them they didn't shoot him.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JigglyWiggly_

looks pretty accurate to me
i played very little bf3 though

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I don't think you're the worst. I'm that bad at multiplayer games that i've given up on them or perhaps they've given up on me :lol: I just play campaign these days and leave the mutiplayer behind. Maybe one day i'll get back into competitive multiplayer games.

Burnchild_Ren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Burnchild_Ren

OP , sounds to me like you got some deep psychological problems dude. just take a break from gaming for a week and see how you play then, get some exercise too

ciorlandenis

There are several depressing reasons why I can't quit gaming. I'm not going to name them, but let's just say that gaming is all I got for now.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Iantheone
[QUOTE="kraken2109"] tbh everybody on that server looks pretty crap. I haven't played BF3 for a while but i don't remember the average player being that bad. They all just sprinted out of cover, and even when there were two of them they didn't shoot him.

They really are that bad.
Burnchild_Ren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Burnchild_Ren

Welp, I think this is about it. No matter how hard I try, I get squished before I even get a chance to pull the trigger. If I go for the tanks, every airplane, assault chopper and AT engineer will be on my back. If I go for the jet, their enemy jets will instantly lock on to me or gun me down with the MG, and it's an inescapable situation since this game is not familiar with airbrakes. If I try the assault chopper, once again - every enemy jet and assault chopper, aswel as soflam and AA engineer are going to do their best to take me down. I'll get lucky if I even get to the shore alive. If I try plain infantry work, their snipers will effortlessly pick me off, because apparently all of them mastered shooting in advance by now. It's IMPOSSIBLE to learn anything. The learning curve is infinite because I die before I even get to adapt. Trying to learn how to play this game seems so frustrating to the point where I'd rather go do my taxes than torture myself like this.
Did I mention that I always get thrown in to the losing team? and by losing, I don't mean just being a few dozens of tickets short on conquest. I mean GETTING DOMINATED. 
Since I can't trade my copy of BF3 in to Gamestop, it being a PC version, and I'm too lazy to sell it on some second hand site, I think I'll uninstall BF3 and Origin (who needs that orange junk anyway?), snap my copy of BF3 in two and reduce the CD-Key to ash, and hope that DICE will use at least some of the money I paid for BF3 and Premium in the development of Mirror's Edge 2.

Avatar image for SamThePurpleton
SamThePurpleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SamThePurpleton
Member since 2012 • 57 Posts

"Practise makes perfect" is seriously one of the best quotes I've heard, just familiarise yourself with anything and you'll be good at it, helped me in life so far :) 

As for selling the game ... no.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JigglyWiggly_

Welp, I think this is about it. No matter how hard I try, I get squished before I even get a chance to pull the trigger. If I go for the tanks, every airplane, assault chopper and AT engineer will be on my back. If I go for the jet, their enemy jets will instantly lock on to me or gun me down with the MG, and it's an inescapable situation since this game is not familiar with airbrakes. If I try the assault chopper, once again - every enemy jet and assault chopper, aswel as soflam and AA engineer are going to do their best to take me down. I'll get lucky if I even get to the shore alive. If I try plain infantry work, their snipers will effortlessly pick me off, because apparently all of them mastered shooting in advance by now. It's IMPOSSIBLE to learn anything. The learning curve is infinite because I die before I even get to adapt. Trying to learn how to play this game seems so frustrating to the point where I'd rather go do my taxes than torture myself like this.
Did I mention that I always get thrown in to the losing team? and by losing, I don't mean just being a few dozens of tickets short on conquest. I mean GETTING DOMINATED. 
Since I can't trade my copy of BF3 in to Gamestop, it being a PC version, and I'm too lazy to sell it on some second hand site, I think I'll uninstall BF3 and Origin (who needs that orange junk anyway?), snap my copy of BF3 in two and reduce the CD-Key to ash, and hope that DICE will use at least some of the money I paid for BF3 and Premium in the development of Mirror's Edge 2.

Burnchild_Ren
?? play tdm norshar canals it's very repetitive it will help your combat skills
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Burnchild_Ren
Go on a metro server, that should be easy kills for anyone.
Burnchild_Ren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Burnchild_Ren

[QUOTE="Burnchild_Ren"]

kraken2109

Go on a metro server, that should be easy kills for anyone.

I've been on metro and noshahr more that I can count. It got so boring playing the same two maps after a while, and when I tried anything else, the above applied. Metro and Noshahr might aswell just be Call of Duty for their small dimensions, and I don't like Call of Duty. It's so claustrophobic and repetitve to me. Plus, literally nothing that happens in those maps applies to bigger maps which are the meat and bones of Battlefield and what makes it different from it's competitors.
To everyone saying anything along the lines of "practice makes perfect" - as I mentioned before, I have been active since november, 2011. As stated in the second rant, the learning curve is infinite due to how impossible for me it is to gain any experience due to not being able to do anything. In the end, I guess that it either works or doesn't work. It's really too bad that I can't get some of my money back.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JigglyWiggly_
yes, norshar is repetitive that's the point
Spoonoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Spoonoop
Member since 2004 • 178 Posts

I'm no good at BF 3 either if all I care about is my K/D ratio. Good thing that doesn't matter much in conquest. Really what helps me is that I don't dwell on K/D. Have the mindset of a Japanese soldier. Have little regard for your own safety and keep moving pushing those flags. And if you die, respawn and do it again. It's not like there is a limit to how many times you can die. You are technically immortal so take advantage of that. The enemy may be able to kill me 10 times in a row but I'll at least take one of them with me.Â