I just don't get all the GW2 love.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

I have tried to like the game....and tried and tried but it's just not happening. I just don't see why people think it's so great. I'll say this the game looks nice and has some cool combat ideas but there are so many things that I don't like that it just kills it for me.

For one thing I think that skills based off of weapon choice is just crappy. Feels very limiting to me and for the life of me I can not see why people would like this.

Also these dynamic events are so overrated imo and never mind that Rift and WAR did it long before GW2. And in my opinion Rift did it better...but that's just me I guess. But still it's the same stupid event starting over all the time. That's a grind my friends....it's just a different way of doing the same thing as every other mmo.

And what's fun about getting xp for running around taking in the views? I don't get why anyone in their right mind would say...."man I can't wait to to run across the map to that roof over there"....then they make their way up to the top an get their xp for looking off the ledge and think..."MAN THAT WAS FUN!!!".

I also think that while everyone is aching to move the trinity out of MMOs it really needs to be replaced with another system if some kind. Not just a button mashing free for all with no organized combat that just fell like a beatem up button mashing arcade game.

And regardless of what anyone says there really is not any endgame. PvP is not endgame...sorry but you can do that at around lvl 2 or something. So what do you do when you hit 80? With only a few dungeons (and no real rewards for doing them) and nothing else there is no reason to try and move up.

I'll give the devs one thing, they did try to make something different and my hats off to them for that. They didn't create another WoW clone and they do deserve respect for that. Still different can be better, worse or just different and in the case of GW2 it's just a different way of doing the same as every other MMO out there.....but it's not better.

This is just my opinion and I don't hate the game even though it might sound like, I just don't get the high scores for reviews and crazy fanboysuff claiming that this game is some kind of revaluation in mmos. Sure they do some things really well, had some cool ideas and they made a nice looking world with some cool art direction but it's not a revolution.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Well...:

Enjoying this change, besides, for me the character is just a tool for playing the game, it's not why I play such games, if I find some skills fun I will use them, reason why I never make alts.

They are, people hype them way too much, they're just normal grinding quests that get dynamically harder or a little more complex/different when there are more players around, but they change things a little, they contribute to fun grinding (that is mostly fun because of all the graphical bling and the chaos caused by multiple players).

You're missing the point entirely, you shouldn't enjoy them because you're getting experience, you should enjoy them "period", this is for people that actually appreciate good PvE and exploration.

Might be, imo it worked just fine, GW 2 is a mess because it's trying too hard to change that and even the devs had, overall, no idea what they wanted to do to be able to accomplish that, dungeons are a mess.

They want you to play the game how you want, if you want to continue playing after you got that dungeon(s) set you wanted, you'll just have to grind (like in any RPG not only MMOs) some mats in various zones that offer something to keep you occupied. The PvE endgame that people like to talk so much, the dungeon grind is just a time wasting obsession that I personally will never prefer or even call as a passable occupation. PvP is average at best in GW 2 tho and that small bit about level 80 once again tells me you completely missed the point of this entire game, level 80 is no different than level 1 in the scope of this game.

Game is great, it does however have some serious flaws and a lack of countless little things, dungeons suck bad (except a few sections, hopefully they understand how to make fun dungeons for the next dungeon). I mean seriously, the last dungeon is absolutely the worst gaming experience I ever had, the combat, the pahses, the story, the basic design of almost every single encounter in that dungeon, I don't know who the **** made that dungeon, but ever since I finished my personal story ( I absolutely loved the game before), now I can't even get the motivation to press the icon, forget about playing, there is however another reason v .

The main problem of the game right now is how broken it is, another new one for me, the most broken game I have ever played, it's a fact that anet doesn't want so many players enjoying their games in the long run (less stress on their servers), but at this point I don't know if they're already doing it on purpose or they're just ignorant enough to not do a single thing through this period of maximum popularity. I get games that get released with bugs, GW 2 however worked fine mostly at release, ever since, day by day without a single exception, it's getting worse, a lot worse, the only time things get momentarily better is when they reset the servers, one day after the sht is back, this is my main reason for not wanting to play anymore, hopefully it gets more stable after a few more weeks. They are being a bunch of amateurs when it comes to patch information and bug fixing.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

im loving the discussion but i think TC could have placed this in a blog as well. just a suggestion

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

Well...:

Enjoying this change, besides, for me the character is just a tool for playing the game, it's not why I play such games, if I find some skills fun I will use them, reason why I never make alts.

They are, people hype them way too much, they're just normal grinding quests that get dynamically harder or a little more complex/different when there are more players around, but they change things a little, they contribute to fun grinding (that is mostly fun because of all the graphical bling and the chaos caused by multiple players).

You're missing the point entirely, you shouldn't enjoy them because you're getting experience, you should enjoy them "period", this is for people that actually appreciate good PvE and exploration.

Might be, imo it worked just fine, GW 2 is a mess because it's trying too hard to change that and even the devs had, overall, no idea what they wanted to do to be able to accomplish that, dungeons are a mess.

They want you to play the game how you want, if you want to continue playing after you got that dungeon(s) set you wanted, you'll just have to grind (like in any RPG not only MMOs) some mats in various zones that offer something to keep you occupied. The PvE endgame that people like to talk so much, the dungeon grind is just a time wasting obsession that I personally will never prefer or even call as a passable occupation. PvP is average at best in GW 2 tho and that small bit about level 80 once again tells me you completely missed the point of this entire game, level 80 is no different than level 1 in the scope of this game.

Game is great, it does however have some serious flaws and a lack of countless little things, dungeons suck bad (except a few sections, hopefully they understand how to make fun dungeons for the next dungeon). I mean seriously, the last dungeon is absolutely the worst gaming experience I ever had, the combat, the pahses, the story, the basic design of almost every single encounter in that dungeon, I don't know who the **** made that dungeon, but ever since I finished my personal story ( I absolutely loved the game before), now I can't even get the motivation to press the icon, forget about playing, there is however another reason v .

The main problem of the game right now is how broken it is, another new one for me, the most broken game I have ever played, it's a fact that anet doesn't want so many players enjoying their games in the long run (less stress on their servers), but at this point I don't know if they're already doing it on purpose or they're just ignorant enough to not do a single thing through this period of maximum popularity. I get games that get released with bugs, GW 2 however worked fine mostly at release, ever since, day by day without a single exception, it's getting worse, a lot worse, the only time things get momentarily better is when they reset the servers, one day after the sht is back, this is my main reason for not wanting to play anymore, hopefully it gets more stable after a few more weeks. They are being a bunch of amateurs when it comes to patch information and bug fixing.

DanielDust
I've had no problems with the game.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DanielDust
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] I've had no problems with the game.

That is a complete lie and you know it, every server in Europe is broken constantly, America is no special place.
BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BSC14

DanielDust

I'm not missing anything. Exploration is great but not exploration for no reason. Running from square to square trying to find a way up a mountain for no reason other than xp is not great PvE or great exploration. It's nothing but a time sink.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

BSC14

I'm not missing anything. Exploration is great but not exploration for no reason. Running from square to square trying to find a way up a mountain for no reason other than xp is not great PvE or great exploration. It's nothing but a time sink.

Nobody is viewing vistas for experience and nobody is forcing you to explore even if that's the fundamental idea behind GW 2's world. You're insisting further with the "wrong way" of understanding the point of vistas and while we're at that, jumping puzzles.

It does in fact do a lot for the atmosphere of the game, PvE and exploration, PvE is not just dungeons, PvE is everything related to the world outside of PvP.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BSC14

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

DanielDust

Nobody is viewing vistas for experience and nobody is forcing you to explore even if that's the fundamental idea behind GW 2's world. You're insisting further with the "wrong way" of understanding the point of vistas and while we're at that, jumping puzzles.

It does in fact do a lot for the atmosphere of the game, PvE and exploration, PvE is not just dungeons, PvE is everything related to the world outside of PvP.

I understand what you're saying but I guess I don't look at it the same. I like taking in the world around me just not the way it's done in GW2.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

I don't play Guild Wars 2. I some times rant myself. I sometimes decry rants. So, what I'm saying is. I have abolsolutely no skin in this game (investment in this topic.) That being said. I LOL'd when I read your post.

BSC was like, "Four hours to the weekend. What to do? What to do? I know. I'll start an argument on the Internet. Also...Half Life sucks. Games for Windows Live is awesome, and your mama is so stupid she got locked in a grocery store and starved to death."

Heh.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BSC14

I don't play Guild Wars 2. I some times rant myself. I sometimes decry rants. So, what I'm saying is. I have abolsolutely no skin in this game (investment in this topic.) That being said. I LOL'd when I read your post.

BSC was like, "Four hours to the weekend. What to do? What to do? I know. I'll start an argument on the Internet. Also...Half Life sucks. Games for Windows Live is awesome, and your mama is so stupid she got locked in a grocery store and starved to death."

Heh.

Fire_Wa11

lol....not at all like that,

I just keep seeing all this hype/love and I'm confused as to what everyone is in love with. I own the game but find it decent at best...so I just don't understand.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

It's a good game for sure, but it was really overhyped and it's nothing special. Guild Wars 1 managed to run along side other MMO's, I predict GW2 will do the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

I feel the exact same way about the game. I honsestly didnt like it much about after a few hrs of play and just stopped. I think part of the reason it gets so much love is because it has no monthly fee. Seems petty I know, but alot of pc gamers here seem cheap to me.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DanielDust
Seems petty I know, but alot of pc gamers here seem cheap to me.Advid-Gamer
Ironically some of the GW 2 players are so cheap they humiliate people that pay to keep this game alive, since any person with a bit of common sense is able to figure out that it not having a monthly fee is strictly related to people buying gems for real money (and they aren't few) and they're even more vocal than people on freemium games like WoT.
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

Solution? Don't get so hyped up and believe all the praise a game gets, form your own opinion. I don't understand why people say "I bought XX game and don't get the hype...it was supposed to be perfect and revolutionary!" I mean come on! There's reviews, previews and hundreds of hours of beta footage for you to see what it offers.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#16 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

There is some bugs and technical issues but the good far outweighs the bad for GW2 imo.

Story is average and the bugs/technical issues are the things that could be better, but I really enjoyed everything else. The Art Design, the gameworld, the combat, the controls, the questing and how little it feels like GRINDING like in most mmos. The community also has been very helpful compared to other recent mmos.

Definatly can improve some aspects (and add more things in the future), but whats here right now is very playable and alot of fun. The fact that it is free is a plus, but its definatly not the only reason to enjoy the game (The game would be good weither it was free or 15$ a month imo).

Far from perfect but still a very good game. Not my GOTY for this year so far, but its in the top 5 I would say.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
well, and i don't get the mount and blade love.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

not everyone has to like the same things, personally im loving it

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts
Throughout the years I've learned that every MMO is over-hyped pre-release. I've quit having high expectations honestly, especially with those damn indie MMO's haha. That being said I agree GW2 was a failure for me, not really sure why but everything that was suppose to be special just felt repetitive and I found that the lack of progression really bothered me. However even though I don't enjoy the game I can see that it's not a bad game at all, many love it and that's great for them, I just can't get into it.
Neonice901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Neonice901
Member since 2011 • 95 Posts
I must admit I pretty much disagree with you. I have tried so many MMO's it isn't even funny, however that being said I absolutely love it. It has been one of the best MMO's I have played to date, I find it to be one of the most fun games I have played. I will admit there have been a few problems with connecting to WvW and a twice connecting to the server closer yto the launch date but these issues that you speak I have not yet faced.
trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

It was a "letdown" for me I suppose as well. My first 2 weeks with it were sooo amazing because it still had the "new MMO smell" at the time. My main character is only 46 and I just can't play anymore, I have no motivation. Getting to 80 seems pointless. The stories are pretty poor. The last dungeon I played was *very* meh. The PvP I think is fun but with one game mode gets pretty repetitive to me. WvW is meh, and end-game gear progression seems pointless except for aesthetics.

The FUNNEST part to me was the "secret" exploration zone after discovering all of Lion's Arch. Also, onto your point of Vista's, I LOVE Vista's :D. Daniel was right as far as Vista's in my perspective of them. I don't do them for the experience on my bar at all, I do them for the sake of doing them. I love trying to figure out the "puzzle" aspect of Vista's, although 99.99% of them are ridiculously easy, I always jump into one hoping for a fun exploration challenge.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BSC14

Solution? Don't get so hyped up and believe all the praise a game gets, form your own opinion. I don't understand why people say "I bought XX game and don't get the hype...it was supposed to be perfect and revolutionary!" I mean come on! There's reviews, previews and hundreds of hours of beta footage for you to see what it offers.

cyborg100000

I was not hyped about it. I'm just saying I don't see what others think is so great about it.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

I don't either, and people would recall I had rather lukewarm impressions of the game. In the end I didn't see enough to convince me, I mean I rather go play with pandas than bother with GW2. Although I really have no interest in either at this point.

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

I agree with this topic. The main problem with GW2 is that it has no mood/atmosphere. I feel like im playing a generic F2P MMO with high production values. 20 hours into the game and I have yet to feel interested in the world in any way. For a game that had such great concept art I was really surprised that they did such a terrible job of translating that "feel" into the game.

Thats the main reason I loved WoW. The environments were interesting to look at. Every couple of levels had a different feeling.

Ownsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ownsin
Member since 2007 • 1331 Posts

I agree with this topic. The main problem with GW2 is that it has no mood/atmosphere. I feel like im playing a generic F2P MMO with high production values. 20 hours into the game and I have yet to feel interested in the world in any way. For a game that had such great concept art I was really surprised that they did such a terrible job of translating that "feel" into the game.

Thats the main reason I loved WoW. The environments were interesting to look at. Every couple of levels had a different feeling.

hoola
Totally agree with you.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Love the game, I think it deserves PC Game of the Year.

I don't understand the hate.....but oh well.

Tutorial on crafting would have been nice, but otherwise a big step forward for the genre.

And, I know from GW1 that A-net has an excellent track record for improving their game, I'm certain that will continue in GW2.

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts

I think GW2 is a great game. I too only played it for a few weeks before I moved to other games, but I enjoyed these weeks and totally got my 60 $ back. I think this is the most important thing about a game, enjoying the journey and having your money worth. Since the game is b2p, you can alway come back. Guild wars 1 was exactly like that and this is why I enjoyed it too.

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]

I've had no problems with the game.DanielDust

That is a complete lie and you know it, every server in Europe is broken constantly, America is no special place.

This post bother me. He said "he" had no problem with the game and you call his opinion a lie??? It's easy to overhype a game, but it's even more to overhate like you did in your long post, acting like GW2 is completely unplayable and unenjoyable to everyone.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

There's nothing for you to "get", you are just being you. You have your own criterias, others have their own.

What I don't get is why are people concerned that they don't enjoy the same games other people are? Are we supposed to have a collective consensus and tastes? :D

You are basically asking why some prefer brunettes and others blonde.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

There's nothing for you to "get", you are just being you. You have your own criterias, others have their own.

What I don't get is why are people concerned that they don't enjoy the same games other people are? Are we supposed to have a collective consensus and tastes? :D

You are basically asking why some prefer brunettes and others blonde.

mirgamer

^ This exactly. Thank you good man.

As for me, Guild Wars 2 was extremely fun at the beginning but the fun factor has diminished quite a bit. The more I've played it, the more I see its flaws, but as it still stands it's a good game.

One major gripe I have is the weapon skill system. It's nice to equip a weapon and you have to earn weapon skills for it.. but it gets really boring using the same set of weapons skills at lvl 5, as you would at lvl 80. It would have been better if, for example, at lvl 10, you unlock 3 more weapon skills for 1h-sword, and at lvl 20, you unlock 3 more, at lvl 35 - 5 more weapon skills and so on. And they should all be slot skills. I like being able to pick my own skills to customize it to my playstyle instead of being stuck with the same old weapon skills for 80 levels. This weapon skill system really holds back professions like elementalist, but I'll save that for a blog.

I guess I knew what I was getting into before i bought the game so I shouldn't complain about it, but I loved GW1 a lot and I couldn't pass up on Guild Wars 2 albeit they are different games now.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DanielDust

This post bother me. He said "he" had no problem with the game and you call his opinion a lie??? It's easy to overhype a game, but it's even more to overhate like you did in your long post, acting like GW2 is completely unplayable and unenjoyable to everyone.Franko_3
I rate it a 9.5 and called it my 2012 GOTY by far, I don't hate it, I criticize its "severe" problems, things that suck in GW 2 suck bad and they need immediate attention.Support both technical and in terms of game development has been terrible.

As for the opinion of not experiencing bugs, that is not an opinion, that is a "don't want to notice them", there were and still are so many bugs, you experience them in everything you do and I mean everything, these are not just random problems that are cased by random PC configurations, these were game database problems.

With a game so broken I won't accept any random "not my problem", even if you'd avoid every single broken event (event, heart, sp) and call it not your problem, you'd still be affected multiple times by the trade post that barely functioned till last week, it was down way more than up.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Start playing with an active guild, go on hidden treasure hunts and jump quests, partake in crafting, etc. I find it a breath of fresh air to not be tied bdown and held by the hand in an MMO, where the market for that gametype is all of the same thing....quest hubs in linear fashions, treadmill gear grinds, and then raid your ass off for no reason until the next expansion hits. In gw2 I can do whatever the hell I want when I want and not be punished for it. I can make my character however I want. The best part IMO is the combat not being cookiee cutter. That's why people like it. ArenaNet had the balls to do new things in an area overflowing with the same old tripe we've seen for decades

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

[QUOTE="Franko_3"]This post bother me. He said "he" had no problem with the game and you call his opinion a lie??? It's easy to overhype a game, but it's even more to overhate like you did in your long post, acting like GW2 is completely unplayable and unenjoyable to everyone.DanielDust

I rate it a 9.5 and called it my 2012 GOTY by far, I don't hate it, I criticize its "severe" problems, things that suck in GW 2 suck bad and they need immediate attention.Support both technical and in terms of game development has been terrible.

As for the opinion of not experiencing bugs, that is not an opinion, that is a "don't want to notice them", there were and still are so many bugs, you experience them in everything you do and I mean everything, these are not just random problems that are cased by random PC configurations, these were game database problems.

With a game so broken I won't accept any random "not my problem", even if you'd avoid every single broken event (event, heart, sp) and call it not your problem, you'd still be affected multiple times by the trade post that barely functioned till last week, it was down way more than up.

9.5 for this trash? omg no wonder this was such a crappy year for video games. you little sheep are eating up all the junk this industry throws at you.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

[QUOTE="cyborg100000"]

BSC14

I was not hyped about it. I'm just saying I don't see what others think is so great about it.

I wasn't hyped about it... yet still I managed to be disappointed. I was like "Seriously... this is it? This is the PoS people have been raving about?"
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DanielDust
9.5 for this trash? omg no wonder this was such a crappy year for video games. you little sheep are eating up all the junk this industry throws at you.SkyWard20
Not everyone found their perfect game yet, like you did with Street Cleaning Simulator, we try new games and try other things, we can't all play our perfect game forever.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] I've had no problems with the game.DanielDust

Iv had no problem with the game either. Ring of Fire EU server.

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
The main problem of the game right now is how broken it is, another new one for me, the most broken game I have ever played, it's a fact that anet doesn't want so many players enjoying their games in the long run (less stress on their servers), but at this point I don't know if they're already doing it on purpose or they're just ignorant enough to not do a single thing through this period of maximum popularity. I get games that get released with bugs, GW 2 however worked fine mostly at release, ever since, day by day without a single exception, it's getting worse, a lot worse, the only time things get momentarily better is when they reset the servers, one day after the sht is back, this is my main reason for not wanting to play anymore, hopefully it gets more stable after a few more weeks. They are being a bunch of amateurs when it comes to patch information and bug fixing.DanielDust
What about GW2 is broken? Except maybe the TP being down every now and then, which is np imo. I've had lag only once, for maybe half an hour and then it was gone. I've seen just one broken (bugged) event. My server as far as I've noticed barely had any downtime. ??
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

[QUOTE="cyborg100000"]

SkyWard20

I wasn't hyped about it... yet still I managed to be disappointed. I was like "Seriously... this is it? This is the PoS people have been raving about?"

But why does it take the game to be released, for you to go out and buy it, only then to realise it's below the standards claimed by fans - not even NCSoft or decent critics - just fans? It was 100% clear what the game's going to be like from the beta and there's many people who gave a down to earth view of what the game would be like.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DanielDust
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]The main problem of the game right now is how broken it is, another new one for me, the most broken game I have ever played, it's a fact that anet doesn't want so many players enjoying their games in the long run (less stress on their servers), but at this point I don't know if they're already doing it on purpose or they're just ignorant enough to not do a single thing through this period of maximum popularity. I get games that get released with bugs, GW 2 however worked fine mostly at release, ever since, day by day without a single exception, it's getting worse, a lot worse, the only time things get momentarily better is when they reset the servers, one day after the sht is back, this is my main reason for not wanting to play anymore, hopefully it gets more stable after a few more weeks. They are being a bunch of amateurs when it comes to patch information and bug fixing.PetJel
What about GW2 is broken? Except maybe the TP being down every now and then, which is np imo. I've had lag only once, for maybe half an hour and then it was gone. I've seen just one broken (bugged) event. My server as far as I've noticed barely had any downtime. ??

I don't have hours to waste on listing bugs, I'll just break them in a few major sections. Broken hearts Broken events Broken skill points Broken things that you are able to interact with Broken pets Broken AI scripts Broken dungeons Various broken completion awards Broken cutscenes Broken sounds Trade post (which is a very big problem) Lag is occasional in some zones, that is not a problem, if even lag was one of the problems then I wouldn't have played even an hour of this.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="PetJel"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]The main problem of the game right now is how broken it is, another new one for me, the most broken game I have ever played, it's a fact that anet doesn't want so many players enjoying their games in the long run (less stress on their servers), but at this point I don't know if they're already doing it on purpose or they're just ignorant enough to not do a single thing through this period of maximum popularity. I get games that get released with bugs, GW 2 however worked fine mostly at release, ever since, day by day without a single exception, it's getting worse, a lot worse, the only time things get momentarily better is when they reset the servers, one day after the sht is back, this is my main reason for not wanting to play anymore, hopefully it gets more stable after a few more weeks. They are being a bunch of amateurs when it comes to patch information and bug fixing.DanielDust

I don't have hours to waste on listing bugs, I'll just break them in a few major sections. Broken hearts Broken events Broken skill points Broken things that you are able to interact with Broken pets Broken AI scripts Broken dungeons Various broken completion awards Broken cutscenes Broken sounds Trade post (which is a very big problem) Lag is occasional in some zones, that is not a problem, if even lag was one of the problems then I wouldn't have played even an hour of this.

and yet it's one of the smoothest MMO releases ever

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DanielDust
and yet it's one of the smoothest MMO releases everwis3boi
It was, it's also the first MMO ever to get worse after launch instead of better. Speaking of broken, you just broke this page with your gif.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]and yet it's one of the smoothest MMO releases everDanielDust
It was, it's also the first MMO ever to get worse after launch instead of better. Speaking of broken, you just broke this page with your gif.

It will get better......compare the original GW with how it turned out even just a couple years later, major improvements on all fronts.

Yes, I've run into some bugs but I guarantee most will be addressed within a month or so. The 9/25 already removed the bug on Skrit Boss Skill Point in Queensland, which was the only thing preventing me from finishing area.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]and yet it's one of the smoothest MMO releases everAFBrat77

It will get better......compare the original GW with how it turned out even just a couple years later, major improvements on all fronts.

Yes, I've run into some bugs but I guarantee most will be addressed within a month or so. The 9/25 already removed the bug on Skrit Boss Skill Point in Queensland, which was the only thing preventing me from finishing area.

..........that bug didn't exist on launch, just like a lot of things that get constantly broken......some more dots.....the problem isn't the game having bugs, it's the game "MAKING NEW BUGS", maybe if I write it like that you'll understand what the actual problem is, most of the things that are and will be broken WORKED, ARE WORKING, WILL WORK, but THEY WILL BE BROKEN RANDOMLY. Things that you completed yesterday aren't working today for everyone else and vice versa. They don't remove bugs, they fix what was previously not broken, they're terrible at keeping the integrity of this game. This is not about the game becoming better, they'd first have to stop breaking it, only then will they be able to actually get to fixing real bugs and to implement new content into the game.
theking52_TDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 theking52_TDK
Member since 2008 • 943 Posts

It was fun levelling to 80 and messing with dungeons and pvp. But I've stopped playing it now too. Didn't they say somewhere that they even expect some people to leave until expansion hits?

Anyway since I'm not paying monthly I feel like a pay once game, its definitely pretty good.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"] It was, it's also the first MMO ever to get worse after launch instead of better. Speaking of broken, you just broke this page with your gif.DanielDust

..........that bug didn't exist on launch, just like a lot of things that get constantly broken......some more dots.....the problem isn't the game having bugs, it's the game "MAKING NEW BUGS", maybe if I write it like that you'll understand what the actual problem is, most of the things that are and will be broken WORKED, ARE WORKING, WILL WORK, but THEY WILL BE BROKEN RANDOMLY. Things that you completed yesterday aren't working today for everyone else and vice versa. They don't remove bugs, they fix what was previously not broken, they're terrible at keeping the integrity of this game. This is not about the game becoming better, they'd first have to stop breaking it, only then will they be able to actually get to fixing real bugs and to implement new content into the game.

you do realize that if they didn't mess with a file and it's suddenly broken, they didn't create a new bug, the bug just wasn't uncovered before, right? in other words, they aren't making new bugs, we're just finding them now. someone did something incredibly specific and odd, or something really specific and odd happened to the script (the same script since launch) to trigger a bug that no one had triggered before, so they fix it. it's not like "oh hey, this skill point here is bugged, let me fix it. oh noes, fixing this skill point created a bug on a completely unrelated file that i never even got close to"
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#45 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts
[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] I've had no problems with the game.

I'm sorry but I agree with Allicrombie. The only issue I had was on pre launch day and thats it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Its a great shallow experiance, but that is about it. That light, fluffy journey masks the underlying BAD overall design that keeps most of its aspects lasting alot longer. After level 30 character progression becomes near non existant. as mentioned by Daniel Dust the other various problems rear their ugly head. But hey" no monthly fee right :roll:"

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Its a great shallow experiance, but that is about it. That light, fluffy journey masks the underlying great design to keep most of its aspects lasting alot longer. After level 30 character progression becomes near non existant. as mentioned by Daniel Dust the other various problems rear their ugly head. But hey" no monthly fee right :roll:"

i guess GW1 was an awful game too. after all, only 20 levels (which you'd achieve halfway through the campaign, nothing hard) and standard gear stats that everyone could have, and access to all skills you wanted, as long as you bought them from the skill trainer.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Its a great shallow experiance, but that is about it. That light, fluffy journey masks the underlying great design to keep most of its aspects lasting alot longer. After level 30 character progression becomes near non existant. as mentioned by Daniel Dust the other various problems rear their ugly head. But hey" no monthly fee right :roll:"

i guess GW1 was an awful game too. after all, only 20 levels (which you'd achieve halfway through the campaign, nothing hard) and standard gear stats that everyone could have, and access to all skills you wanted, as long as you bought them from the skill trainer.

Are you suggesting that even for a second Guild Wars 2's skill system is anywhere near as interesting/deeps as guild wars 1? its not, not even close, its very very shallow in comparison. by level 30 (which comes fast) you essentially see everything it has to offer. Guild Wars 1 had alot of skill hunting gained over alot of play, potentially crazy different combinations. "We dont want you to feel like your swinging your sword over and over" - GW2 dev quote. and yet, game me no new weapon skills to choose. what I used at level 1 I used at level 80 with no variation (I mean within weapons.).
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#49 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

I just don't get that you spent all this time to write this because you don't like a game.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#50 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Its a great shallow experiance, but that is about it. That light, fluffy journey masks the underlying BAD overall design that keeps most of its aspects lasting alot longer. After level 30 character progression becomes near non existant. as mentioned by Daniel Dust the other various problems rear their ugly head. But hey" no monthly fee right :roll:"

MBirdy88
The game was never meant to be a carrot chaser, there are plenty of other MMO's for that. No different than people complaining there are no epic dungeon raids to grind over and over for gear. I say GOOD.