I don't find World of Warcraft appealing. Is there something wrong with me?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 herbie12282
Member since 2002 • 2861 Posts
i played the 2 week trial for about 1 hour and couldn't stand it anymore.   i love online games but have never played an MMORPG before.  i'm wondering if i threw in the towel too quickly or if this game is an acquired taste.  i love action/adventure games, first/third person shooters, racing, sports, RTS, action-RPGs, and puzzle games. for some reason, WoW didn't strike a cord with me.  I wasn't impressed. 
CKeur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CKeur
Member since 2005 • 1918 Posts
Its definitely a personal preference. I played the game for about 1 year and a half before I quit, and I played a lot of characters. If it is a game you will enjoy, you probably wont know it until around level 20 or so. That is when all classes get some really cool abilities which makes it a lot of fun.
Rangent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Rangent
Member since 2004 • 507 Posts
You really gotta give a game like WoW a good few hours to play... call it an evening (4+ hours) before you can make even an initial judgement. Really.. if you gave it the two weeks you'd probably end up enjoying it, or at least respecting it.  I honestly didn't like the game until I got a few levels on me. I ended up getting bored of the game a month or two into it, but it is deffinately a good time until then. I dont think you can say the game isn't too great yet.
Kanaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Kanaric
Member since 2003 • 472 Posts
There is nothing wrong with you, its a boring mmorpg. Its just questing and pve, thats it.... the pvp is sub-par if not completely boring and its unbalanced. I had more fun playing Ultima Online, and Shadowbane at release with all their bugs and crashs thant his simply because those were Guild based games, where this is the horribly boring Faction based system. Faction "pvp" games (is say "pvp" because wow is really a pve game) are a horrible fad and lead to boring games. The only people who are into wow hardcore do end-game instances non stop and thats it... same people who played Everquest all those years for the end game raids on that. So if you dont care for that kind of PVE gameplay or if you like PVP the game is BAD
GumbieuK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GumbieuK
Member since 2005 • 581 Posts
It's personal preference, just because 8.5+ million people play it activly doesn't mean everyone will like the game. There are people who hate they game because it doesn't appeal to them. It's all down to your play **** and the **** of games in which you play and enjoy playing.

Edit: The censors = st yle

What a weird censor that is....
fattony75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 fattony75
Member since 2004 • 443 Posts

Short answer Yes with an and and Long answer No, with a but 8)

-FatTony

portujoel5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 portujoel5
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts
You're just a healthy person
herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 herbie12282
it took me a long time to get up off $50 just for xbox live.  i find it difficult to spend another $20 or whatever it is per month to play a game like this.  i love xbox live though.
Deinonych

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Deinonych
Member since 2002 • 142 Posts
There's nothing wrong with you.  I found it to be boring and repetitive, as did a number of my friends.
krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#10 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts
i can't stand WoW; and no, it's not because I've never played an online game. I was addicted to Diablo 2 for a year, probably played that more than any other game excepting AOE2 perhaps. WoW is just a mindless drudge for levelling up; it addicts you until you get to that next level, that next weapon or skill. I got so many characters in D2 so leveled up because I just couldn't stop. Until I did, of course. WoW is stupid.
Shegevara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 Shegevara
Member since 2005 • 2124 Posts
i can't stand WOW neither
lol_waffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lol_waffles
Member since 2006 • 1826 Posts
i played the 2 week trial for about 1 hour and couldn't stand it anymore. i love online games but have never played an MMORPG before. i'm wondering if i threw in the towel too quickly or if this game is an acquired taste. i love action/adventure games, first/third person shooters, racing, sports, RTS, action-RPGs, and puzzle games. for some reason, WoW didn't strike a cord with me. I wasn't impressed. herbie12282
No, it just means you don't enjoy endless grinding and a crappy community.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Your not alone...After years of playing everquest live..Ive tried every mmorpg out there to date..Even eve online..Im still looking for a game like eq live to keep me involved...Thaught everquest 2 would do it..I played eq2 for about a year an got bored...Was in top guilds also had some of the best gear..It still didnt do justice to everquest live..

Eve online for me is as boring as wow also...Im giving vanguard a go when my friend comes home from iraq..Im even willing to try conan online when it comes out..Love mmmorpgs that are guild based..

Wow to me is just boring..An yes ive tried it for a month..Gave it a chance even hit lvl 20..Dont see the thrill in this boring  boring boring game..

What i miss about eqlive was this..Boss mobs popped you went an raided to beat the other top guilds...Ive yet to experiance this same thrill as i did with live..Than any other game out there...Was all about the competition of eq i think...

godofratz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 godofratz
Member since 2005 • 398 Posts

Your not alone...After years of playing everquest live..Ive tried every mmorpg out there to date..Even eve online..Im still looking for a game like eq live to keep me involved...Thaught everquest 2 would do it..I played eq2 for about a year an got bored...Was in top guilds also had some of the best gear..It still didnt do justice to everquest live..

Eve online for me is as boring as wow also...Im giving vanguard a go when my friend comes home from iraq..Im even willing to try conan online when it comes out..Love mmmorpgs that are guild based..

Wow to me is just boring..An yes ive tried it for a month..Gave it a chance even hit lvl 20..Dont see the thrill in this boring boring boring game..

What i miss about eqlive was this..Boss mobs popped you went an raided to beat the other top guilds...Ive yet to experiance this same thrill as i did with live..Than any other game out there...Was all about the competition of eq i think...

Gladestone1
I Don't play WoW anymore but you really should give any game more than 1 hour of playtime.
pkgilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pkgilbert
Member since 2005 • 31 Posts

You are just too young to appreciate what it takes to put a quality on-line game like WoW into operation, to keep it accessible, and to fill it with good sound, animations, and environments.

...and no I don't work for Blizzard.

NoRemnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NoRemnants
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts
i played the 2 week trial for about 1 hour and couldn't stand it anymore. i love online games but have never played an MMORPG before. i'm wondering if i threw in the towel too quickly or if this game is an acquired taste. i love action/adventure games, first/third person shooters, racing, sports, RTS, action-RPGs, and puzzle games. for some reason, WoW didn't strike a cord with me. I wasn't impressed. herbie12282
For me it was an aquired taste but even then I only played till level 30 and got bored with the same quests over and over and quit.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
No thats fine, just because a game is popular (or even unpopular) doesn't mean that you will agree. I think you should give it more than just one hour (maybe play till level 10) and decide then. WoW and MMO's in general are not fast paced games that can be done in just an hour.
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#18 Cerza
Member since 2005 • 1946 Posts
MMO's in general are an acquired taste, much like a Sam Adams Lager, or a Fuzzy Pirate.
carcina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 carcina
Member since 2005 • 69 Posts
who said you have to like it , thats why there is a 10 day trial.
just go play another game or go play outside:)
herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 herbie12282

You are just too young to appreciate what it takes to put a quality on-line game like WoW into operation, to keep it accessible, and to fill it with good sound, animations, and environments.

pkgilbert
i'm 24 i guess us young whipersnappers don't know quality when we see it.
herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 herbie12282
MMO's in general are an acquired taste, much like a Sam Adams Lager, or a Fuzzy Pirate.Cerza
...or a prostate exam.  not to dog blizzard (because i loved the Diablo and Warcraft RTS series) but i find this game about as exciting as watching my gamespot profile level up.
Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Oni
Member since 2002 • 1649 Posts
I think it's time to break the MMO mold.  The formula has been way too static for years. I'm looking forward to Hellgate london. I think Flagship is trying to take MMO's in a new direction. Huxely looks amazing as well. Just have to wait and see.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

i played the 2 week trial for about 1 hour and couldn't stand it anymore.   i love online games but have never played an MMORPG before.  i'm wondering if i threw in the towel too quickly or if this game is an acquired taste.  i love action/adventure games, first/third person shooters, racing, sports, RTS, action-RPGs, and puzzle games. for some reason, WoW didn't strike a cord with me.  I wasn't impressed. herbie12282

There is nothing wrong with you.  Every game does not appeal to every gamer.

Jonnybiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Jonnybiz
Member since 2006 • 183 Posts
its just an overall bad game, no question, just like 9 outta 10 of the other mmorpgs out there

gameplay can be exploited and manipulated easily, blizzard offers little protection from hackers, PvP is unbalanced, WoW offers you nothing more than the average MMORPG other than easily maxed stats :)
manic111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 manic111
Member since 2005 • 1280 Posts
I found it pretty boring after playing the trial, although a friend assured me that that was simply because I hadnt given it enough time.
AlbertE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AlbertE-
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts

pkgilbert
That doesn't automatically make the game fun for everyone, regardless of age.
fatMasterFlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fatMasterFlex
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

some people dont like it and some do. Theres nothing wrong with   you unless your doing dope

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

I think it's time to break the MMO mold.  The formula has been way too static for years. I'm looking forward to Hellgate london. I think Flagship is trying to take MMO's in a new direction. Huxely looks amazing as well. Just have to wait and see.Oni

Oni im with you on this..Im buying a new computer just for hellgate..Well that any other games...Even though my new pc may cost me over 3k...Its still so worth it...

Some people are complaining about the online fee..Im all for it..If they keep making the game better an add new items..Like in normal mmorpgs... 

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#29 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts
[QUOTE="Cerza"]MMO's in general are an acquired taste, much like a Sam Adams Lager, or a Fuzzy Pirate.herbie12282
...or a prostate exam. not to dog blizzard (because i loved the Diablo and Warcraft RTS series) but i find this game about as exciting as watching my gamespot profile level up.

I would rather watch my gamespot level up than drink another Sam Adams - those things are terrible
Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts
I have to agree with a a few points here. The first point being that I too found it rather boring. For me, it just seemed rather repetitive and droll. That said, however, I'd also have to agree that it would be worth giving more than an hour to. The game does open up a bit at 20 and up. If you reach, say, lvl 23 and still no spark, let it go. By that point you'll have a fairvariety of skills and have seen a good enough amount of the game, imho.
dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dunamistheou
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts
I hear too many horror stories and see too many people sucked into that game to even try it. I have done a lot of work around several apartments, and I have seen my share of WoW-ites. :P
Vito25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Vito25
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts
Dude, all you are saying by not likeing WoW is that you are a sane person and that you don't have a trendy attitude. You are a individual and you should be given a medal for your heroic actions.
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
nah i dont like it eather. Just not my thing i guess.
Mizarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mizarus
Member since 2004 • 1379 Posts
i used to play alot of mmorpgs, and i used to like it, but now... they all feel the same and skill maters not on mmorpg. timespend=gear and lv = power = skill, thats how i see it anyway i played wow for about 6-8months and got bored of it, sure raids can be fun but its not everyone that can spare 5hours per day on a game (and lets face it mmo's are not for the weekend gamer) i rather stick with a game that i can play 1-2 hours a day and a game that acuatly add something to my life , like a nice story , a fun gameplay and that can surprise me, mmo's are pretty predictble and i dont feel chalanged playng them.
c02z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 c02z
Member since 2005 • 1840 Posts
nothing wrong with you, to me the game is overrated and overhype. 
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

fans would likely to bombard you with the "8 million subscribers" napalm, but see, mate....that's just a freaking small portion of humanity. you're as fine and dandy as anyone can be on the other side. in some way, better :)

Xavier_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Xavier_12
Member since 2005 • 824 Posts
I played the trial once, hated it and didn't play it again... Until my christmas break when I didn't have anything to do and played it almost day and night. Then school came back around and I never touched it again.
ardylicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ardylicious
Member since 2004 • 1107 Posts
W.O.W. debate. I have said in previous debates the game has a great community. But unless you come from China or Korea and you like simple games then W.o.W. is not for you.

Lucky some of us have taste. Diablo is another overrated pil of poo which only obtained the 70-80% mark when it was released. Not sure why its getting legendary status. Starcraft is another. Amazing how many think its better than TA.
TA revolutionised the genre , starcraft played with the same isometric crap that had been done in populous.......BAH.

Blizzard sucks
Alaris83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Alaris83
Member since 2004 • 1620 Posts
I think it's time to break the MMO mold. The formula has been way too static for years. I'm looking forward to Hellgate london. I think Flagship is trying to take MMO's in a new direction. Huxely looks amazing as well. Just have to wait and see.Oni
Where do people keep getting this idea that Hellgate London is an MMO?
Laza-rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Laza-rus
Member since 2002 • 1386 Posts
I played it longer than you did, about three months. The game did have its merits, hell it's a Blizzard game, but ultimately as with every other MMO I've played, other people ruined the experience for me. I understand that PvP is often an integral part of the MMO experience, but after being ganked for the 80th time in one playing session when all I'm trying to do is level, it gets pretty old, pretty fast. I'd have to admit that WoW is one of the best MMOs out there, but at the end of the day, it is an MMO - a fad which I had hoped would eventually die off, but with the unbelievable success Blizzard has achieved with Warcrack, I guess the reality TV of gaming is here to stay.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

W.O.W. debate. I have said in previous debates the game has a great community. But unless you come from China or Korea and you like simple games then W.o.W. is not for you.

Lucky some of us have taste. Diablo is another overrated pil of poo which only obtained the 70-80% mark when it was released. Not sure why its getting legendary status. Starcraft is another. Amazing how many think its better than TA.
TA revolutionised the genre , starcraft played with the same isometric crap that had been done in populous.......BAH.

Blizzard sucks
ardylicious

gotta disagree with you on those points, Diablo and Starcraft are very fun games for many of us, so hopefully people take your opinion like a grain of salt.

I'm not a WoW fan either, but I hardly think Blizzard sucks. They are probably the most successfull developer this side of Nintendo for good reason.

Zeldaguy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zeldaguy16
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts
Nope, nothing wrong. At least now you don't get addicted.:P

Ragnarok101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ragnarok101
Member since 2004 • 2465 Posts
no theres nothing wrong with you, personnaly i found the game picked up soo much at lvl 60, because of tier sets and so on, i just enjoyed how you learned without much of a choice about every spell peice of gear in the game, running arround pvping and you see someone casting with you at the target knowning what the spell is and BAM counter and destroy them. I find the game dull for the first couple lvls to about 20-30 before you start doing dungeons and so on, i played the game for 2 years....im done now cuz it was simply to much. When you and your guild is doing very intensive endgame content to get a world first or server first....theres a lot of pressure, and when all goes wrong and no one knows everyone blames the priest which i played, and BTW A LOT OF DRAMA that is what killed it. ninja, officer drama, jerks....end of story
giankulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 giankulot
Member since 2005 • 52 Posts

There is nothing wrong with you sir. It's your preference and I gladly respect that! Not everybody likes WOW. I do, but I can't force everybody to do the same right? 

Jonnybiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jonnybiz
Member since 2006 • 183 Posts

its a game for the weak minded masses

CGSrki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CGSrki
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
i played the 2 week trial for about 1 hour and couldn't stand it anymore.   i love online games but have never played an MMORPG before.  i'm wondering if i threw in the towel too quickly or if this game is an acquired taste.  i love action/adventure games, first/third person shooters, racing, sports, RTS, action-RPGs, and puzzle games. for some reason, WoW didn't strike a cord with me.  I wasn't impressed. herbie12282

WoW must die...that game is good how ppl say but come on..they ask too much money!!!10$ or more par month i was think game cars is for at less 3 months!!!!I hate that game..i newer played becous i heard singl player is stupied but come on..not all on the world are rich to pay 4 wow..ther are some rpgs like wow but free....wow is just soo popular i dont know why and all pay 2 play it!!!!WOW MUST DIE!!!!!!!
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
just a preference thing. WoW is not an action type game. the fighting in wow is really dull. so if you get your enjoyment from that you won't like it much. WoW caters mostly to ppl that like the story, ppl that have an obsession to get everything, and ppl and like to socialize online. I actually quit wow after hitting 60 and getting a few epics because i had seen it all and it was clear that the fun was gone. i was doing pretty much the same thing just for new loot. and i keep up with my friends (guild) on my website so i didn't need to keep paying for wow.
PC-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PC-Gamer
Member since 2006 • 463 Posts
It's actually pretty boring in the beginning. That's why I hate starting new characters. You just gotta force yourself to level up to the more exciting levels. Levels where you can do instances and PvP. If you played it for 1 hour, I'm assuming you've only reached level 5 or so. It took me a while for the game to get going.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
It's actually pretty boring in the beginning. That's why I hate starting new characters. You just gotta force yourself to level up to the more exciting levels. Levels where you can do instances and PvP. If you played it for 1 hour, I'm assuming you've only reached level 5 or so. It took me a while for the game to get going. PC-Gamer
hmmm my experience is different. the first time i leveled the game was a lot of fun. at around lvl 50 or 55 it got so that i needed groups to do anything and the quests took hours to finish and thus the fun diminished. part of the enjoyment was discovering the world and new areas for the first time. now after you have a high lvl character re-rolling gets boring because you already know the lore and the land. it become of chore instead of a new experience.
LuffyTubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LuffyTubby
Member since 2006 • 741 Posts

Britney Spears has sold over 40 million albums. If you dont like her and you dont buy her albums do you feel that there is something wrong with you?

Enough bad things and enough hype has been said about WoW. Play if you enjoy it, and shut up about it if you dont like it.:)