I can officially say that WOW is a bad game

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SuperToshibaMan
SuperToshibaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SuperToshibaMan
Member since 2011 • 94 Posts

Never played it before today... i finally used those free for ten days things... but ive seen it before and i always thought that the game looked horrible. and today i can finally say that it is, heres why

-You have to pay for it

-free version isnt really a trial, just a demo

-really demanding graphics for no visuals

-too much useless space

-quest items are non-existent

-level up way too slow

-enemies are way too strong

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
haha really? Level up is to slow and enemies to strong? I dont see any of your points as valid. Try again.
SuperToshibaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SuperToshibaMan

haha really? Level up is to slow and enemies to strong? I dont see any of your points as valid. Try again.AutoPilotOn

-i played for 3 hours and i was a level 3... (too slow)

-all the enemies were 6+ (too stong)

they all are valid points

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]haha really? Level up is to slow and enemies to strong? I dont see any of your points as valid. Try again.SuperToshibaMan

Damn, I am sorry but how on Earth did you spend 3 hours and only get to level 3?
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AutoPilotOn

[QUOTE="SuperToshibaMan"]

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]haha really? Level up is to slow and enemies to strong? I dont see any of your points as valid. Try again.the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Damn, I am sorry but how on Earth did you spend 3 hours and only get to level 3?

I dont know what game we was playing but it wasn't WoW or he wandered out of the starting areas. Even my GFs 11 year old brother made it to level 78 now in 3 months of casual playing.

Trust me I have started hundreds of different characters. They are all level 1,2,3,4 ect in the starting areas. Ussually it takes about 15 min or so to get to level 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#6 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

WoW is a bad game due to the social repercussions when people find out you play......

SuperToshibaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SuperToshibaMan

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]haha really? Level up is to slow and enemies to strong? I dont see any of your points as valid. Try again.the_ChEeSe_mAn2

it told me looke for fel moss... looked everywhere didnt find it went around to other cities, did one quest, got my ass kicked went back looking for fel moss, couldnt find it quit

Which was 3 of my points, (too much useless space, too strong enemies, too slow level up)

oh ya and the ghost idea... who ever though of that... he has to be the smartest guy on earth

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
:lol: I guess even WoW is too hard for some people.
Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
Sounds like you're not very good at the game
gt350tsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gt350tsc
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts
When I played and was chugging I could get to 85 and about a week.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

This Sherlock isn't as bright as he assumed, just how he assumes everything he write makes sense and somehow makes him feel good when it actually makes him insecure, especially the first argument points to TC being most likely a kid.

-You have to pay for it - get a job or a better one

-free version isnt really a trial, just a demo - nice, you figured it out

-really demanding graphics for no visuals - really bad PC then

-too much useless space - you should know because you advanced to level 3 in 3 hours while playing the trial

-quest items are non-existent - because you reached level 3 in 3 hours, they don't give you hundreds of quest items for such feats

-level up way too slow - because it took you 3 hours to reach level 3

-enemies are way too strong - because it took you 3 hours to reach level 3

SuperToshibaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SuperToshibaMan

Sounds like you're not very good at the gameSpellingiscool

is there a difficulty setting??

and its kinda hard to be good at the game when your only doing 5-7 damage and they are doing a minimum of 10

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AutoPilotOn
Not know how to play the game doesn't make the game bad. Going to a forums to complain about how bad the game is because you can't play instead of learning how to play makes you a bad gamer though.
jm92590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jm92590
Member since 2004 • 375 Posts

If you think leveling is slow now, you would have lasted maybe 2 minutes in Vanilla WoW. If anything WoW is FAR too easy now.

SuperToshibaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SuperToshibaMan

Not know how to play the game doesn't make the game bad. Going to a forums to complain about how bad the game is because you can't play instead of learning how to play makes you a bad gamer though. AutoPilotOn

i know how to play... click click click click and use wasd... not that hard there dude

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="Spellingiscool"]Sounds like you're not very good at the gameSuperToshibaMan

is there a difficulty setting??

and its kinda hard to be good at the game when your only doing 5-7 damage and they are doing a minimum of 10

Yes, tick common sense in the options menu. Exact locations of quests are shown on your map, if that is not enough you read the letters that form sentences that make the so called quest. + The best survival tip if the number next to his name is higher than your level, you do not attack it, since you are a low level character that most likely has absolutely nothing to do in that area that is if they're way too strong, but looking at what annoyed you, they might also be the right level but you just don't know what to do.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AutoPilotOn

If you think leveling is slow now, you would have lasted maybe 2 minutes in Vanilla WoW. If anything WoW is FAR too easy now.

jm92590

Really they cut down what you need to level for at least the first 70 levels so much it goes back quick now. Plus they took out alot of quests that had you traveling all over the world and they added new graveyards and flight paths to make travel easier. I just have to LOL at anyone who says its to hard now. Like I said my GFs 11 year old bro is almost lvl 80 on one character and lvl 70something on another and he just runs around playing casually.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I don't see how anyone can come out and say that a game is downright bad when it has seen the success that World of Warcraft has. It's not like we're referring to a poorly made game that scored 1.0/10 on metacritic or something.

I've played WOW for over a year, and in the first year, it was incredibly fun. I had a blast. I could not compare the fun factor of WOW to any other SP game or MMO because it was completely unique for me. Now, I could understand if you said that "WoW just isn't for me." That would sound more appropriate. All your arguments are weak or invalid. There are many pay to play MMO's out there.

Graphics aren't demanding at all. It's one of the most well-optimized games out there even with so much going on like big raids. The visuals hold up well and it seems that Blizzard has touched the game up ever so slightly over the past 3-4 years to keep the game up to date, sorta say. WoW's art style is the shining point, not realistic graphics you find in other games like Crysis. I wouldn't want WoW to look realistic like Crysis or Guild Wars 2. That's what makes WoW so unique. I happen to like Blizzard's art style with games. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Useless space? WoW has so many points of interests, cities, landmarks and npc's populating almost every part of the game.

Enemies are not too strong at all. If you're complaining now, wait till you hit raids in dungeons. You'll probably cry over Ventrillo at your guldies. Leveling up feels quite the same as other games such as Age of Conan, Rift, Warhammer Online, except for Guild Wars which isn't much of an MMO to begin with. I think I level much faster in WOW though, but that's because I know my way around the game enough to do so, ie quests, npcs, locations.

The bottom line is, all you did was play a trial... and you didn't even play it up to 7 days time. So then you come up with this miraculous conclusion that the game is bad, based on no experience and merits. You sir, are the equivalent of a troll. I must say it. At least play the game until the trial time runs out then give a proper assessment of World of Warcraft. I no longer play the game myself, but I wouldn't go around bashing a game without knowing full well what it's truly about.

My comments aren't meant to imply you're an a-hole, but please be well-informed about a game before you call it bad. And if you're going to call a game bad, at least be prepared to back it up with valid arguments.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AutoPilotOn

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]Not know how to play the game doesn't make the game bad. Going to a forums to complain about how bad the game is because you can't play instead of learning how to play makes you a bad gamer though. SuperToshibaMan

i know how to play... click click click click and use wasd... not that hard there dude

I won't even say anything else. Your making this to easy and I dont want to be mean. Have a good day sir.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Never played it before today... i finally used those free for ten days things... but ive seen it before and i always thought that the game looked horrible. and today i can finally say that it is, heres why

-You have to pay for it

-too much useless space

-level up way too slow

SuperToshibaMan

So you can judge a WHOLE MMO by playing for 10 days?

That alone makes your whole post INVALID.

A troll is in our mist...

SuperToshibaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SuperToshibaMan

-You have to pay for it

-too much useless space

-level up way too slow

FelipeInside

you can judge a game by the first 10 minutes...

but ill try to lower the difficulty and then try it!

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

What I'm reading is that you got confused on a quest, wandered into an area where you weren't supposed to be (i.e. you left the starting zone), got killed because you wandered, and rage quit.

There is no way that you were facing level 6 enemies in the starting zone. The max level they get to is level 5 and you should be 5 or 6 by the time you finish all the quests in the starter area.

I can understand you being new and now knowing exactly what to do, but they really have made it so easy theses days that its hard to excuse your problems. They highlight the areas now on the map where you quest items drop, the items you need either sparkle on the ground, or the enemies are highlighted if they are the ones you are supposed to kill. If you still somehow get confused, there are lots of websites out there which will describe and show maps for every single quest in the game.

The rest of your reasons are just silly (i mean graphically demanding? seriously?). Should give it another try because you aren't going to find an easier casual-friendly mainstream MMO out there.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
WOW is just super boring. Played trial for like 30 min, and I am like, WHERE DA SKILL BE AT o wait there isn't any needed.
SuperToshibaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SuperToshibaMan

What I'm reading is that you got confused on a quest, wandered into an area where you weren't supposed to be (i.e. you left the starting zone), got killed because you wandered, and rage quit.

There is no way that you were facing level 6 enemies in the starting zone. The max level they get to is level 5 and you should be 5 or 6 by the time you finish all the quests in the starter area.

I can understand you being new and now knowing exactly what to do, but they really have made it so easy theses days that its hard to excuse your problems. They highlight the areas now on the map where you quest items drop, the items you need either sparkle on the ground, or the enemies are highlighted if they are the ones you are supposed to kill. If you still somehow get confused, there are lots of websites out there which will describe and show maps for every single quest in the game.

The rest of your reasons are just silly (i mean graphically demanding? seriously?). Should give it another try because you aren't going to find an easier casual-friendly mainstream MMO out there.

mkaliaz

ya i figured out the whole map thing and shows you the area of where the moss is supposed to be but i couldnt find any... thats why i started walking around trying to skip it but all the enemies are way too hard and they are too fast so you cant run away

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AutoPilotOn
You know WoW isn't for everyone. Some people dont like it or MMORPGs at all. There is no difficultly setting its a MMORPG. The closest thign to choosing how hard the game is it just what raids you do or if you have more people help you on a quest .
mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

You know WoW isn't for everyone. Some people dont like it or MMORPGs at all. There is no difficultly setting its a MMORPG. The closest thign to choosing how hard the game is it just what raids you do or if you have more people help you on a quest . AutoPilotOn

Thats true, maybe MMO isnt for him. I certainly wouldn't recommend someone play an MMO unless you are sure about it and can play it in moderation. My suggestion though is that if he does want to play an MMO, its really not going to get any easier than WoW (especially for leveling).

Once you understand the basics, it gets a lot easier. I played it back around the original launch about 6.5 years ago and did get a little overwhelmed myself with how much there was to understand (never touched an MMO before and hardly any RPG of any kind). So, I can relate to the frustration.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

-You have to pay for it

-too much useless space

-level up way too slow

SuperToshibaMan

you can judge a game by the first 10 minutes...

but ill try to lower the difficulty and then try it!

If you had trouble in the starting zones then obviously MMOs are not for you.... but judging a huge game like an MMO with 10 minutes gameplay makes your post invalid. You can say it's not your thing, or your talents aren't good enough even for the starter zones....but not judge the whole thing as BAD...

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

-You have to pay for it

-too much useless space

-level up way too slow

SuperToshibaMan
I can officially say you're a noob :D WoW is the E in EASY-MODE. One of the most often criticised point against WoW is that its way too noobified and casualised for the masses.
batus111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 batus111
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
maybe you just suck. end of the story.
Decoy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Decoy123
Member since 2004 • 816 Posts

Wow is the most accessable MMO ever created there is really no paid MMO that is truly this easy.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

hahahahahaha

It only takes one hour to reach lvl 10.

This thread fails.

SuperToshibaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SuperToshibaMan

-You have to pay for it

-too much useless space

-level up way too slow

mirgamer

I can officially say you're a noob :D WoW is the E in EASY-MODE. One of the most often criticised point against WoW is that its way too noobified and casualised for the masses.

if you say this is easy...

tried again, found the moss, you have to stop COMPLETELY over the dead bodies before you can search them.... dumb

and now im in some spider cave and cant find a vile. i give up, cant find it... not a fun game, i shouldve played it before so i didnt waste 5 hours of downloading the game

people just play runescape, its the exact same thing except easier and free

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AutoPilotOn
if runescap is easier it most be for infants.(never played it if its really a good game your making it look bad now) Your post are so fail. You dont know what you are doing so the game must be dumb? That makes no sense. I can respect someone who doesn't like MMORPGs or whatever cause I understand they aren't for everyone but you just make yourself look more and more like a noob.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

-You have to pay for it

and your point is? it gives more value per $15 than any other game

so you haven't experienced 99% of the content in wow?

set your graphics high and go to stormwind or deepholm or something. hell gilneas looks amazing

-too much useless space

there is no useless places in the 1-10 zones

lolwut

-level up way too slow

QQ it takes 50 hours plus or minus some to get to 85

only if you are fighting mobs 4 levels higher than you and you can't land a hit on them, and none of the starting zones will allow this to occur if you follow quest hubs

SuperToshibaMan

Y u mad tho?

frnk55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 frnk55
Member since 2010 • 260 Posts

It's a joke. It has to be.

Jetset314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Jetset314
Member since 2011 • 234 Posts

haha really? Level up is to slow and enemies to strong? I dont see any of your points as valid. Try again.AutoPilotOn

Agreed...the game is rediculously simple. He would have hated Vanilla :). I remember being like level 12 and running into zones by mistake and getting MURDERED without the chance to flee. I stopped playing because the game became too simplistic.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AutoPilotOn

[QUOTE="Vuurk"]Obvious troll. Stop feeding him please. =PSuperToshibaMan

indeed... im a troll now, i already uninstalled the whole game and deleted all files

the game was horrible,

5 hours and i was a level 5

you guys are smoking crack on saying its easy (unless you were with other people then it was pretty easy but you also dont always the xp)

just way too big, one area was like the size of oblivion (actually a good RPG)

You sir make no sense. The game sucks because its to big? With all the quest helpers and everything anymore its cakewalk. If you wanted it hard try playing when it first came out. You sir fail, its about as easy as a MMORPG gets. If anything it caters more to the inexpenced especially at the begining. You didn't know what you were doing that is for sure. You must not of read the quests or had a quest helper that littery shows you on the map where exactly to go.

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

-You have to pay for it

-too much useless space

-level up way too slow

SuperToshibaMan

Everyone is entitled to opinions, but literally every single one of those points makes no sense at all...

1) You have to pay for any MMO, whether membership, microtransactions, or pay with clutter on your screen from advertisements paying for you...

2) Um, the trial is the full game, literally... You can do anything up to level 18 other than use the AH or trade with other players...

3) Demanding graphics? I can run this game on my freaking single core 1.1ghz netbook, with 1gb of ram and a GMA950 gpu... If that is demanding then I don't even know what Crysis is.

4) Too much useless space? WTF does this even mean? It is an MMO, it is supposed to be a "world"...

5) Quest items are non-existent? What does this even mean?

6) Level up too slow? DUDE... You can get from level 1 to 85 in like 2 or 3 days of playing time now... And even less if you are in a guild, have heirlooms, and are actually speeding through stuff...

7) Enemies are too strong? What did you like walk out of the starting zone at level 1 and fight a level 10? No crap a higher level enemy will kill you.

SuperToshibaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SuperToshibaMan

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]haha really? Level up is to slow and enemies to strong? I dont see any of your points as valid. Try again.Jetset314

Agreed...the game is rediculously simple. He would have hated Vanilla :). I remember being like level 12 and running into zones by mistake and getting MURDERED without the chance to flee. I stopped playing because the game became too simplistic.

you had the murdered part right... and simple yes, easy? nope

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

[QUOTE="Vuurk"]Obvious troll. Stop feeding him please. =PSuperToshibaMan

indeed... im a troll now, i already uninstalled the whole game and deleted all files

the game was horrible,

you guys are smoking crack on saying its easy (unless you were with other people then it was pretty easy but you also dont always the xp)

Honestly if it took you that long, you have issues... Level 1-5 is the BASE of starting areas that are like the size of a football field and designed to take 5 minutes and introduce the race to you...

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

Guys he's obviously trolling. Getting to level five should take a matter of minutes. I remember when my friend played WoW for the first time. He had never played an mmo before and was confused at first. The next day he was almost level twenty.

So there are 2 options here:

1: He's trolling.

2: He is genuinely slow and un-able to grasp the concept of the game.

If it's the second one we should all stop giving him a hard time, it's just mean.

SuperToshibaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SuperToshibaMan

[QUOTE="Vuurk"]Obvious troll. Stop feeding him please. =PAutoPilotOn

the game was horrible,

You sir make no sense. The game sucks because its to big? With all the quest helpers and everything anymore its cakewalk. If you wanted it hard try playing when it first came out. You sir fail, its about as easy as a MMORPG gets. If anything it caters more to the inexpenced especially at the begining. You didn't know what you were doing that is for sure. You must not of read the quests or had a quest helper that littery shows you on the map where exactly to go.

-no the main reason why it sucked was cuz it was just way too hard, then when you died your a ghost and have to travel the long way back to your body, then when you got there you would die again and then have to travel all the way back

-and the quest helper didnt do anything excpet give me more quests and follow me through the cave of spiders with the non-existant vial

-and the trial is not the full game, you cant talk, you cant customize your caractor fully (i know no one cares about that but still) and other stuff i havent seen yet and never will haha

-and the graphics! thats what im saying they suck, but when i put them on ultra the comp lags and it still looks crappy! crysis it will lag a lil but look amazing on high! lol

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]haha really? Level up is to slow and enemies to strong? I dont see any of your points as valid. Try again.SuperToshibaMan

..Troll is troll.. You can get to level 3 in a matter of minutes.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AutoPilotOn

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

Guys he's obviously trolling. Getting to level five should take a matter of minutes. I remember when my friend played WoW for the first time. He had never played an mmo before and was confused at first. The next day he was almost level twenty.

So there are 2 options here:

1: He's trolling.

2: He is genuinely slow and un-able to grasp the concept of the game.

If it's the second one we should all stop giving him a hard time, it's just mean.

Vuurk

It's the first option. (Troll)

The more I read the more is has to be troll. Nothing else to see here.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

L2P

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

-You have to pay for it

-too much useless space

-level up way too slow

SuperToshibaMan
Wow, I thought you'd have good reasons so I could finally stop considering the game. Sigh. Lets go from the top. If you play a lot - you could easily play 30-40 hours at LEAST per month. Which means $0.50 per hour or less to play. If you dont play a lot - this might be a problem. The trial is pretty bare bones but what the hell do you expect? The graphics arent that demanding - is so successful because it can run on pretty much anything...whats wrong with you. I agree that there is a lot of useless unfilled space - its annoying when traveling but...it is called WORLD or Warcraft. Theres a lot of unused space here on here...:/. There ARE quest items. When you LOOT bosses or NPCs you have to kill. From what I heard and experienced - the new WoW makes it really really easy to level. And lol enemies arent too strong...maybe you're attacking things that are like 2 times your level or something. You have to have SOME intelligence when you attack things man.