How to flatten a curl-packaged mouse pad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I had that pad. Return it/throw it.

I couldn't flatten it properly, and when it was sort of flat by putting it back in the box reversed, it sort of got flatter. 

Doesn't matter, it tracks like garbo

Get a goliathus control s/m/l 

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JigglyWiggly_

No, but I've used both the s,m and large one. 
They're great, definitely the best all rounder as it works on all mice sensors. If it's anything like those, then go get it.

I use a laser mouse, so I use the Allsop XL raindrop mousepad, and it's a bit better. Not a big deal, a bit less kinetic and static friction. It's noticibly worse on all optical sensors unless you have a DA6400 which is the exception. I use a G9X so it's not really a problem for me. 

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JigglyWiggly_

using that pad is a mistake

it's gerber as hell
They even have a spawn edition
I tried that as well and it's just a rocket spammer edition, there is no stopping friction

sk spawn mad 

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

I'm not gonna throw it away, it gets the job done very well. I'll try to iron it.yonyz

Mousepads are so much thicker than clothes and not made of cotton, that sounds super sketch haha.  Let us know if that melts the fabric or is successful.

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 yonyz
Member since 2008 • 651 Posts

Hi,

I have a mouse pad called Zowie GT-F, and it was packed when it's curled and I've had it for more than 6 months already and it hasn't gotten a tiny bit flatter than it was initially.

I wonder, what can I do to make it flat? It's not made of plastic, it's textured and "100% cloth", as the manufacturer states.

Thanks.

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KABCOOL
Member since 2009 • 1147 Posts

I couldn't flatten it properly, and when it was sort of flat by putting it back in the box reversed, it sort of got flatter. 

JigglyWiggly_
I was thinking of getting a goliathus control extended edition. Do you have one? If so do would you recommend it?
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

KABCOOL

I was thinking of getting a goliathus control extended edition. Do you have one? If so do would you recommend it?

Love my Goliathus control. It improved pretty much everything in terms of precision, gliding, etc. Went from 1.5 kdr to 2.2 kdr.  I was averaging 2.7-2.9 at one point with the Goliathus but I got lazy. It has a nice texture to it. Btw, I use a Deathadder. I used a Qck Steelseries before and I was very unhappy with it. There's no friction whatsoever. My mouse glided all over the place. If you're just a casual gamer and you don't play any online shooters seriously, then it doesn't matter much.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

They're great, definitely the best all rounder as it works on all mice sensors. If it's anything like those, then go get it.

I use a laser mouse, so I use the Allsop XL raindrop mousepad, and it's a bit better. Not a big deal, a bit less kinetic and static friction. It's noticibly worse on all optical sensors unless you have a DA6400 which is the exception. I use a G9X so it's not really a problem for me. 

JigglyWiggly_

I have the goliathus control and the only problem I had with it was with my deathadder, the gliding feet corners got stuck in the fabric a lot and made the pas all rough over time. 

sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

Well, if it's cloth then just iron it.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

seanmcloughlin

I have the goliathus control and the only problem I had with it was with my deathadder, the gliding feet corners got stuck in the fabric a lot and made the pas all rough over time. 

Zubin has a DA, when he used the da3500 and the pad he didn't mention any issues. I was also using the abyssus and the goliathus control l and didn't have any issues with the feet.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JigglyWiggly_

Well, if it's cloth then just iron it.

sleepingzzz
Don't bother, that pad tracks like garbage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

JigglyWiggly_

Zubin has a DA, when he used the da3500 and the pad he didn't mention any issues. I was also using the abyssus and the goliathus control l and didn't have any issues with the feet.

Could be just me then, I got a new one though and it hasn't happened again since 

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yonyz
I'm not gonna throw it away, it gets the job done very well. I'll try to iron it.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Put something heavy like a big book on it?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

since this thread is about mousepads, can anyone recommend me one?  I have an optical mouse (Razer brand)

seanmcloughlin

Razer goliathus control mousepads are pretty damn good. They have a speed version too but I heard they're not great

Speed is good too, it's personal preference.
k1llsen uses the speed edition, but the allsop raindrop is just a better version of it.
control is better overall, I am going to assume he just got used to the speed edition.
I mean k1llsen is so good he could use anything.

oh and this is k1llsen, k1llsen da aimbotter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTmHOqzY3K0&t=29m30s

. Yes ironing it lightly will fix it, you can even use a heatgun. I did that with the cheap g9x mousepad. Heatgun + ruler

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

We use the Steel Series  cloth mouse pads. 

They are inexpensive, and seem to work great. I use a DeathAdder, my gf uses a DiamondBack.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JigglyWiggly_

They are inexpensive, and seem to work great. I use a DeathAdder, my gf uses a DiamondBack.

Lach0121
just a warning to anyone who sees this thread avoid qck+ at all costs, it's terrible, it's like a sheet of paper and has no stopping power (there's a thick version esport edition I think, that one is fine) qck heavy is good too
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

JigglyWiggly_

just a warning to anyone who sees this thread avoid qck+ at all costs, it's terrible, it's like a sheet of paper and has no stopping power (there's a thick version esport edition I think, that one is fine) qck heavy is good too

Now I am not quite sure which ones we went with, I just remember it was Steel Series. (doesn't seem to say on the pads themselves)

I don't think it was the thickest, but it wasn't the thinnest ones either. (though when I upgrade I am thinking about going to the thickest option they have)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

since this thread is about mousepads, can anyone recommend me one?  I have an optical mouse (Razer brand)

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JigglyWiggly_

mrbojangles25
goliathus control

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-59b71619573a1

mrbojangles25

Razer goliathus control mousepads are pretty damn good. They have a speed version too but I heard they're not great

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

cool, thanks, just ordered one

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yonyz
I do have that Spawn edition. Like I said, I like using it, but now I fear using an iron would destroy it. I did try a few days with books and dumbbells and what not, they didn't help...
sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

[QUOTE="yonyz"]I'm not gonna throw it away, it gets the job done very well. I'll try to iron it.True_Sounds

Mousepads are so much thicker than clothes and not made of cotton, that sounds super sketch haha.  Let us know if that melts the fabric or is successful.

You don't have to put the iron on high and push down on it for 15 mins straight.  Just put the heat on low and use a bit of water.  If you ever iron anything in your life it should be pretty simple.

jm92590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jm92590
Member since 2004 • 375 Posts
[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

JigglyWiggly_

I can also vouch for the qck heavy, great pad.