Sa1nT_Ch3wy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sa1nT_Ch3wy
Member since 2009 • 147 Posts

I have a 144hz g sync monitor and it is simply amazing. However trying to play games that are locked to 60 fps they appear laggy to me. How does anyone try and play these types of games that are fps locked? Its so annoying that developers to consider people with a high refresh rate monitor.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

Devs that lock games to any fps don't get my money, done.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I don't play games that are locked to 60fps on pc.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@klunt_bumskrint said:

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

What is this attitude?

Not every game requires 240fps. Some games running at 40-60fps are fine.

A bit stupid to miss out on a game just because it's locked.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I still think 60 FPS feels just fine. 144 FPS feels nicer, but it's something that's nice to have rather than need to have. It's one of those things that after 5 minutes, you stop paying attention to it. The initial difference feels dramatic however.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#6 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

As long as the game does not have frame pacing issues, 60 fps is still good. Some games just don't feel good at any fps like COD:AW.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@BassMan said:

As long as the game does not have frame pacing issues, 60 fps is still good. Some games just don't feel good at any fps like COD:AW.

Agreed, some games don't feel great at any framerate. Not just the FPS, COD:AW felt fundamentally broken in nearly every regard (gameplay wise, technically, netcode, etc.) - it was ridiculous. I enjoyed playing the free weekends...it was nice for them to let me observe how broken it was.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JigglyWiggly_

@FelipeInside said:
@klunt_bumskrint said:

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

What is this attitude?

Why would you spend money on a game that hasn't been ported to pc properly? I'm not going to support devs who give a half assed port.

And there's not any game that's capped at 60fps on pc that I'm interested in anyway.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FelipeInside

@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@FelipeInside said:
@klunt_bumskrint said:

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

What is this attitude?

Why would you spend money on a game that hasn't been ported to pc properly? I'm not going to support devs who give a half assed port.

And there's not any game that's capped at 60fps on pc that I'm interested in anyway.

Just because a game is locked to a framerate doesn't mean it hasn't been ported properly.

I've played locked games that have worked perfectly on PC. Most of the time there's a mod that removes the cap anyway.

Your loss.

MillCityMadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MillCityMadman
Member since 2012 • 26 Posts

So what do you do on new graphically advanced titles releasing now and in the future? You trying to tell me you can achieve 144 fps in Witcher 3 on any respectable resolution? I can't stand people that become fps snobs because they bought a shitty 144hz TN 1080p panel...

You are going to miss out on a LOT of upcoming titles if you wont play at under 144fps, because the hardware to run them at these speeds doesn't exist.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FelipeInside

@MillCityMadman said:

So what do you do on new graphically advanced titles releasing now and in the future? You trying to tell me you can achieve 144 fps in Witcher 3 on any respectable resolution? I can't stand people that become fps snobs because they bought a shitty 144hz TN 1080p panel...

You are going to miss out on a LOT of upcoming titles if you wont play at under 144fps, because the hardware to run them at these speeds doesn't exist.

1. Well the hardware DOES exist, but you have to have a big wallet to afford it.

2. Playing on a 144hz monitor but not achieving 144fps still has it's advantages over a 60hz monitor. The gameplay looks smoother.

(I'm not an FPS snob, I don't even check my fps count. As long as the gameplay is smooth I'm happy).

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I do 144hz as well but 60 is still fine by me and my target framerate. 144 is way better of course though

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Can someone make a list of games that are locked to a certain framerate? It's kinda hard to follow along when there's no example to set a standard on.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

The gap between 60 and 144 isn't that big TBH (nowhere near as night and day as 30 vs 60 for example). And yes, I do have a G-Sync monitor and yes, I do have V-Sync turned off. Ultimately it comes down to the implementation of how the game caps frames/frame pacing. If I were to not play games limited to 60fps then I'd be passing up on a huge number of titles. Too many to name.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JigglyWiggly_

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Can someone make a list of games that are locked to a certain framerate? It's kinda hard to follow along when there's no example to set a standard on.

There's not that many, so it's not really a big deal.

The ones that do there's usually a way to uncap them in the ini.

Rage and Wolfenstein both have 60fps caps which is kind of ironic since they from id, who are supposed to be big on pc. Fortunately for me, neither look interesting. These cannot be uncapped without changing the game speed.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Currently use a 4K at 65hz and a 1440p at 120hz set-up.

I've been gaming at 1440p/120fps for almost 3 years now and just went back to 60/65hz. You feel the difference, yes. But for some games, the higher frames per second is not a huge lost, especially if the image quality is so much better.

I'll still use my 1440p/120hz monitor for competitive gaming, like DOTA 2, CS:GO, etc. but everything else looks beautiful at 4K and 65fps is enough......until we get DisplayPort 1.3 monitors.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

i always play at either 1440p@60 or 4k@60fps depending on the game

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FelipeInside

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Don't know if there's a list but THE CREW is capped at 60fps, which funnily enough you can't really tell while playing.

Also FIFA caps at 60 on PC I think... but FIFA can be played at 30 even without any issues.

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GoodKingMog
Member since 2015 • 167 Posts

all of this is bullshit anyway. you arent playing any games made in the last 4-6 months at 144FPS anyhow unless everything is turned down to low. the witcher 3 needs a pretty beefy rig just to get 1440p/60, and games are only get more demanding in the next 6mo-1yr. i have an SLI 970 system and i have to turn foliage distance and shadows to high, with the rest on ultra, just to get 1440p/60 80% of the time.