How Come Every One Likes Left 4 Dead ?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iki080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iki080
Member since 2008 • 1085 Posts

Ok I'm not saying i hate the game but i just don't find it exciting to me it looks the same as resident evil or is it because its made by value can some one care to explain

REMEMBER I DONT HATE THE GAME LOL

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

Ok I'm not saying i hate the game but i just don't find it exciting to me it looks the same as resident evil or is it because its made by value can some one care to explain

REMEMBER I DONT HATE THE GAME LOL

iki080

You know, you don't have to like every game out there. Even if you're a big fan of FPS, or Resident Evil or whatever else this game reminds you.

I find it interesting because it's fast paced, requires teamwork and fast reflexes. I don't know for sure if I'll actually like it without playing it....

Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Astaroth2k
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts
I dont think *everyone* likes it...i mean i hate anything to do with online,playing with other people mmorpg etc...i just think because its gamespot you usually see more people who like that sort of thing.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Can play with pals online

Zombies/infected

Looks very fun like Css

Play as Zombies/Infected

Might be some cool mods for it

nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts

its made by a respected company (valve). People like zombies, and killing zombies even more. People like playing with friends. There you go.

P.S. you don't have to like every game that a lot of other people like. video games are made so that people of different tastes will enjoy different ones.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
I enjoy zombies
Crysis_Pwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Crysis_Pwns
Member since 2007 • 806 Posts
Co-Op Zombie Killing Goodness, that's why.
EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
Valves awesome quality record plus multiplayer coop done right which we don't see often.
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

Co-Op Zombie Killing Goodness, that's why.Crysis_Pwns

Yep.

Krayzie_3334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Krayzie_3334
Member since 2006 • 1303 Posts

Co-Op Zombie Killing Goodness, that's why.Crysis_Pwns

This ^

Dark_prince123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Dark_prince123
Member since 2008 • 1149 Posts
The Game looks Great And It's Been Devoleped By A Big Company
Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Adrianstalker
Member since 2008 • 1467 Posts

hmm I wonder how much of a strategic depth this game will have with their "co-op"

Perhaps it would be some like " You stay here and shoot, I stay here and shoot there, and you will stay there and shoot here"

Perhaps it would be something really amazing with each of the characters having a special ability that it will involve thinking and creative ways to handle a situation. What it bothers me that people don't seem to discuss something like that, everybody is happy with their co-op but that doesn't mean a good thing necessarily.

By the way, one thing I don't like is co-op, feels bit console for me. I hate playing games with another person, I love playing against them :|

Avatar image for deactivated-60f7582dcaa79
deactivated-60f7582dcaa79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-60f7582dcaa79
Member since 2004 • 510 Posts

This game is so appealing to me because you NEVER EVER see good co-op games anymore. Ofcourse, I can go play counter-strike or whatever else online and shoot my best friend in the face over and over again. But I'd like to actually play as a team sometimes, ya know? So many games come and go that I've played the campaign for and though to myself "how hard would it have been to let two people do this online?". For example, Far Cry 2 most recently, I was thinking to myself how cool it would be if two people could play the campaign together. Like, load your story mode game up online and then another player connects as just a random character in the game. He wouldn't even need to be linked to the story. So long as you could follow the main character (player1) around and help and such it would make the campaign so much more appealing.

Er... //end-rant

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

1. Valve. 'nuff said

2. Awesome setting and atmosphere

3. Co-op gameplay, somthing underdone on the PC platform

4. You can play as zombies!

5. Did I mention Valve is making it?

Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Astaroth2k

1. Valve. 'nuff said

mrbojangles25

Says the person who has never played it...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mrbojangles25
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

1. Valve. 'nuff said

Astaroth2k

oooooooooooh you got me good!

when did I say I played it? All my observations could be made simply by reading previews and watching videos.

Dont be so quick to make others look like fools.

Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Astaroth2k
[QUOTE="Astaroth2k"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

1. Valve. 'nuff said

mrbojangles25

when did I say I played it? All my observations could be made simply by reading previews and watching videos.

So you havent played it but it has great setting and atmosphere? ok thats great.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrbojangles25
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"][QUOTE="Astaroth2k"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

1. Valve. 'nuff said

Astaroth2k

So you havent played it but it has great setting and atmosphere? ok thats great.

Yes, I have not played it but I can tell it has a great setting. Why? Because, based on what I've read and seen in videos, I can tell that the setting takes place in a city and goes out into the wilderness as well, sort of resembling Episode 2. I like the setting of the city because there are tight corridors, hordes of zombies, and it looks like the city just got totally rampaged and messed up....its awesome!

Atmosphere. Its a ZOMBIE GAME! Is there any question what the atmosphere will be like to begin with? Hmmm lets see...dark, scary, creepy, things lurking in corners, scary noises, and you and three friends against an army of undead leaving you with a feeling of desperation. Sounds like stuff that contributes to the atmoshpere to me.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mrbojangles25

I dont think *everyone* likes it...i mean i hate anything to do with online,playing with other people mmorpg etc...i just think because its gamespot you usually see more people who like that sort of thing.Astaroth2k

its not a Gamespot thing, its a gaming thing. A lot (most, you might say) of PC gamers enjoy online gaming. There is nothing wrong with prefering singleplayer, lord knows I would take a great singleplayer game over a mediocre online one with a lot of hype, but its just in most gamers' nature to log on and frag eachother :)

Especially when said fragging involves hordes of zombies!

Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Astaroth2k

[QUOTE="Astaroth2k"]I dont think *everyone* likes it...i mean i hate anything to do with online,playing with other people mmorpg etc...i just think because its gamespot you usually see more people who like that sort of thing.mrbojangles25

its not a Gamespot thing, its a gaming thing. A lot (most, you might say) of PC gamers enjoy online gaming. There is nothing wrong with prefering singleplayer, lord knows I would take a great singleplayer game over a mediocre online one with a lot of hype, but its just in most gamers' nature to log on and frag eachother :)

Especially when said fragging involves hordes of zombies!

Yah i simply meant alot of people on gamespot have xfire etc etc and are therefore more prone to such games.Course like i said im personally not interetesd in such games.

Jodan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Jodan77
Member since 2005 • 2567 Posts

If you're not interested thats fine.

Valve is making this game, it has zombies, and it has coop.

Win+Win+Win=Orgasmic.

I suggest you try it before you bash it. Most Likely going to win PC GOTY and Multiplayer GOTY.

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts
Valve makes great games. This one will be no different.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

its made by a respected company (valve). People like zombies, and killing zombies even more. People like playing with friends. There you go.

nicknees93

It's like the formula for epic win.

I'm not 100% sure about the game either. I'm just not sure about it's replay value. Although, I know I'll enjoy playing the levels a couple of times, I don't know how long it will last (even with random spawns). Multiplayer is a great way to make that last longer, but you also have to play with the right people. I have my doubts, but there's going to be a demo.

Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Astaroth2k

If you're not interested thats fine.

Valve is making this game, it has zombies, and it has coop.

Win+Win+Win=Orgasmic.

I suggest you try it before you bash it. Most Likely going to win PC GOTY and Multiplayer GOTY.

Jodan77

I am not bashing anything,if anything you are bashing me...i simply say i dont like to play games with other people etc...So ill stay clear of this game...no *bashing* involved.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

I enjoy zombiesCommanderShiro

Zombies are soooo over-rated, I'd rather kill mummies. :)

ncderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ncderek
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
i haven't looked at this game once, i have like 2,000 hoursi nto css from over the years and have beaten hl2 7 times, so i am a true fan. play a lot of xbox and pc games, but this game just looks stupid. it's just a mod of hl2 on a 4 yr engine. i won't be getting it
Jodan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jodan77

Sorry, I do respect your opinion, I just personally disagree with it. People do like different things.

Take for instance Mario Galaxy. My younger brother loves that game and so do a lot of other gamers, but I just couldn't get into it; But I recognize it's a great game, just not for me.

You just come off the wrong way when you question why someone likes a game, but if you meant no harm, then again, I'm sorry.

Jodan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jodan77

it's just a mod of hl2 on a 4 yr engine.ncderek

Don't get me started on that.

sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sandeep410
Member since 2004 • 1180 Posts
personally i cant stand graphics.I know gameplay>>> graphics,but atleast it should have a decent graphics.Current 1 sucks, and atmosphere doesnt look any great to begin with.
Jodan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jodan77

I think the source games look great, and if you don't, your standards are really high. Not saying that's a bad thing, mind you, you'll just miss out on some terrific games.

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts

this game is so awesome that i would have never gotten a horror game in my life but im willing to get this.

anyway, i loved cs source's zombie mod where it was you versus like twenty zombies and that's the closest to a horror game i have ever liked. This seems like a really good build off that idea and im excited. Im hoping it's not too creepy, and it doesnt seem too much that way. I like humor and that would lighten up the whole game, :P.

anyway, the only thing i fear atm is that my mic transmits too slowly (sometimes i can hear myself in my friend's mic after like a second or two) and that i back up into things. that pisses me off, especially in teamfortress 2.

machockey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 machockey
Member since 2004 • 320 Posts
valve almost allways pleases...
CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
I pre-purchased Left 4 Dead as soon as it became available on Steam. Why? Because Valve's PC games rock. The source engine is fantastic even on older hardware. Also considering the communities around Valve's other games why would anyone assume this will fail? Don't play it if you don't want. Wait for the price to go down if you want. Whatever. Myself and thousands of other people will be firing this up on day 1. I can't wait!
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
Anybody know how random it's going to be? I would hate for the game to be fun for awhile, but then after a week or so have people saying "Ok behind this door there are 2 zombies on the left t hat will jump at us, 2 and 3 take t hem out. 4 and I will prepare for the wave that is going to be bursting through a few seconds later because we have "x" weapons."
Jodan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jodan77

Anybody know how random it's going to be? I would hate for the game to be fun for awhile, but then after a week or so have people saying "Ok behind this door there are 2 zombies on the left t hat will jump at us, 2 and 3 take t hem out. 4 and I will prepare for the wave that is going to be bursting through a few seconds later because we have "x" weapons." SuperBeast

There are no predetermined spawn points in the game. So the game is almost 100% random. The only exception to this rule are these events in the game where the player interacts with the environment. For example, one map will have an elevator, and when you hit the call button, zombies spawn every time. These are referred to as Crescendo Events. There are usually 1 or two of them per campaign.

Vilot_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Vilot_Hero
Member since 2008 • 4522 Posts
I don't like It. There is no decent story.
fethehl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 fethehl
Member since 2008 • 223 Posts
I don't like It. There is no decent story.Vilot_Hero
Ok, if there were zombies that came in real life out of no where, you would be killing them and trying to escape them. That's what you do in L4D. That's the story. What else do you want? Some love story built into it or something?
Vilot_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vilot_Hero
[QUOTE="Vilot_Hero"]I don't like It. There is no decent story.fethehl
Ok, if there were zombies that came in real life out of no where, you would be killing them and trying to escape them. That's what you do in L4D. That's the story. What else do you want? Some love story built into it or something?

Maybe....Love stories are generally good.
fethehl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fethehl
Member since 2008 • 223 Posts
[QUOTE="fethehl"][QUOTE="Vilot_Hero"]I don't like It. There is no decent story.Vilot_Hero

Well since it's co-op you can go ahead and do that too actually.
jmnderson69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jmnderson69
Member since 2008 • 1236 Posts
I havent been following this game..is it out or what?
Vilot_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Vilot_Hero
[QUOTE="Vilot_Hero"][QUOTE="fethehl"][QUOTE="Vilot_Hero"]I don't like It. There is no decent story.fethehl

Well since it's co-op you can go ahead and do that too actually.

Can I not have my own opinion on the game? I don't like it because I prefer games with a decent or good story.
Vilot_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Vilot_Hero
I havent been following this game..is it out or what?jmnderson69
It releases November 18 I think. The demo should out in a few weeks.
jmnderson69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jmnderson69
Member since 2008 • 1236 Posts

[QUOTE="jmnderson69"]I havent been following this game..is it out or what?Vilot_Hero

Sweet thanks, ill check it out and get a few mates on. :D Is the demo co-op or is it unconfirmed?

bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts

I don't like It. There is no decent story.Vilot_Hero

Go read a book. We just want to kill zombies with friends. For a good zombie story I reccomend Max brook's "World War Z".

Vilot_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Vilot_Hero

[QUOTE="Vilot_Hero"][QUOTE="jmnderson69"]I havent been following this game..is it out or what?jmnderson69

Sweet thanks, ill check it out and get a few mates on. :D Is the demo co-op or is it unconfirmed?

It has co-op and singleplayer. You play in the Hospital level I believe.
Vilot_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Vilot_Hero

[QUOTE="Vilot_Hero"]I don't like It. There is no decent story.bignice12

Go read a book. We just want to kill zombies with friends. For a good zombie story I reccomend Max brook's "World War Z".

I just simply gave my opinion. No need to jump the gun.
mayforcebeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mayforcebeyou
Member since 2007 • 2703 Posts
i think it looks awesome but i know people wouldnt buy it if it was made by valve