help: desperados wanted dead or alive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

319xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 319xx
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i just reinstall the game and it runs really slow. especially when the line of sight is turned on. i tried reducing the resolution and turn off every graphic options with no effect. my pc is quad core 2.2 ghz 4 gb ram 8800gt 512 help anybody?
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#2 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
Hmm...that is weird. Did you try updating the game with latest patches? Also, what is your OS? Always mention that.
319xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 319xx
im using win xp sp2 and yes i updated it.
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chandu83
Well, I just installed the game on my Vista 64bit machine and its working perfectly. I really need more information before I can be of any help to you.
319xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 319xx
the game runs ok at first (just star the game when the train is coming) but then when the line of sight is displayed on the map the game just slows down. but when it isn't shown on the map (i didnt turned it off, i just scroll the map till it cant be seen anymore) ) it backs to normal. i have the same problem with robin hood: the legend of sherwood. but for commandos series, it runs fine. i tried lowering the resolution update to v 1.01 turning off any graphic options running it on compatibility mode for win 95, 98, 2000 with no effect at all any ideas?
Avatar image for ramalamadingdon
ramalamadingdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ramalamadingdon
I have the same problem. And i think, i have located the problem. On my opinion, the service pack 2 is the troublemaker. The game runs well under XP with service pack 1. On this configuration, i have no problems. I tested it on my brothers pc. So the only way to run desperados 1 is to install XP with service pack 1.
abzkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 abzkhan
Hi, Im trying to install the game on Vista 32bit, but shows a error at the end of the installation (error number: 50) and then uninstalls it automatically...does anyone know how i can get around this? please help
Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts

XP is at SP 3 now. Try installing that and try it again

zenithcse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zenithcse
please try to install in other than c: drive
Badalamentis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Badalamentis
Any solution?
Dnz5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dnz5000
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Even though this board might be old here is the solution I ran into:

My Setup:

Intel Pentium D 3.20GHz

2Gb RAM

NVidia Quadro FX580 512MB GDDR3

Windows XP Pro SP3

I was running into the same issue with the slow down when you saw others field of vision. Since my motherboard has onboard video I took out my NVidia Graphic Card and used the onboard and started the game and everything works great. Don't know why the video card was a problem. Tried putting back in the NVidia card and mess with the settings, but still would go slow. I can only run the game without any problems by using the on board video. Hope this solution works for others.

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chandu83

Even though this board might be old here is the solution I ran into:

My Setup:

Intel Pentium D 3.20GHz

2Gb RAM

NVidia Quadro FX580 512MB GDDR3

Windows XP Pro SP3

I was running into the same issue with the slow down when you saw others field of vision. Since my motherboard has onboard video I took out my NVidia Graphic Card and used the onboard and started the game and everything works great. Don't know why the video card was a problem. Tried putting back in the NVidia card and mess with the settings, but still would go slow. I can only run the game without any problems by using the on board video. Hope this solution works for others.

Dnz5000
I don't know much about Quadro graphics cards, but I know they are for workstations. Nevertheless, the should work. I played it on onboard and nvidia 5500FX, and it worked fine. I hope the onboard solution works for you guys.
zeinna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zeinna
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
i had the same problem , i have nvidia geforse 8400 gs , all i did was downloading the latest software for the game card from nvidia site : http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us and the problem was solved .
Mustafa_Farkad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mustafa_Farkad
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
guys I have everything going on good but when i go inside the game it is very slow specially the cursor i'm sp2 4 mega ram 3gh core2due
uaathula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 uaathula
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
How do you fix Desperados wanted dead for alive Error 3 for Xp Serivce pack 3?